SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

So.. how are things going. Haven't been paying attention to the Seahawks much..

Edwards sounds like a pretty good pickup doe. >D

QB competition: Day Four

20120730_seahawks_0381.jpg

The three-man rotation in the competition for the Seahawks’ starting quarterback job came full circle today as incumbent starter Tarvaris Jackson again took the No. 1 reps – just as he did when training-camp practices began Saturday.

And coach Pete Carroll used the opportunity to talk about the improvement Jackson has made simply because he is healthier after playing most of last season with a damaged pectoral in his throwing shoulder.

“He’s quicker. He’s niftier than he’s been. He’s in great shape,” Carroll said after a two hour-plus practice. “He came in to win this job, as did both the other guys, too.”

The other guys would be free-agent acquisition Matt Flynn and rookie Russell Wilson. As had been the case in the first three practices, each QB had his moments today.

In a two-minute drill, Jackson sustained his drive with a third-down pass to tight end Zach Miller, setting up a field goal by Steven Hauschka. Flynn then completed three of five passes, including a 37-yarder to just-signed wide receiver Antonio Bryant and a 17-yarder to wide receiver Ricardo Lockette, setting up another field goal by Hauschka. Wilson then displayed nice touch on a 30-yard pass to rookie wide receiver Phil Bates, laying the ball over rookie cornerback Donny Lisowski. But his possession ended when Lisowski intercepted a third-down pass in the end zone.

In the final full-team segment, Jackson and wide receiver Doug Baldwin hooked up for an 18-yard gain on a third-and-9 play. The No. 1 unit again settled for a field goal, but it was the only score produced during the defense-dictated drill.

All part of Carroll’s “hermetically sealed” plan to take a look at his QBs in as many situations and circumstances as possible.

“We’re extensively looking into everything that’s going on,” Carroll said. “As we accumulate plays, we look at them in terms of concept of the play, we look at them by situation, we look at the overall work, we separate it by 7-on-7 and team. It’s as in-depth a study as you could possibly do. We’re getting a lot of good information.”

And they will stay with the rotation, Carroll said, so Flynn will get the No. 1 reps Thursday when the players return from their first off day of camp.

whats the chance of rice & russell  playing the whole season?

I'm more hopeful than sure they'll be healthy for the full length of the season...your guess is as good as anyone else's

QB Competition -
Flynn is winning this role. He knows it. The coaches know it. The players know it. That matters. He did not come in and have it handed to him. There have been plenty of doubters that called him Kevin Kolb II. The locker room will always form around the starter, but the belief is that much stronger knowing that they have the best guy on the field. What happens if Flynn is handed the job and Jackson never gets a chance? The team saw what Jackson sacrificed last year to get on the field. They witnessed how he kept his mouth shut when the offensive line was a disaster. They also know he is not Tom Brady. These are men, and like other men, they will fall in line with a new leader who earns it far better than one that is imposed on them. Nobody that is watching this competition unfold could argue the three players were not given a fair shot. Flynn is simply a better player
Flynn winning this job does not mean Wilson has lost it in the long run. The organization's belief in Wilson is real. His talent is real. The question will be whether Flynn ever opens the door for Wilson to overtake him.
Seahawks fans are going to see a quarterback they can be proud of when Flynn takes the field. The mistakes Jackson makes by holding the ball too long or throwing into coverage show up on the practice field. Flynn does not make those mistakes. His biggest downside so far is a lack of mobility that could lead to a few sacks. He has been sacked eight times in his two starts. It will be important to see how he reacts to getting hit, and how he performs as the game wears on. Making the throws he is making in practice is one thing. Doing it after getting hammered a few times and playing a few hours of football is entirely different
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/07/...utm_campaign=Feed:+HawkBlogger+(Hawk+Blogger)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Bad day for Flynn, better day for Russ
Matt Flynn got the most reps, but Russell Wilson was the best QB
Quarterbacks did not split reps evenly for the first time in training camp. It was Flynn's turn to run with the starters, but that has not mattered until today. More details can be found here. Flynn did not take advantage of the opportunity he was given. The team spent much of the day focused on red zone situations. Windows are small. Decisions must be quick. Passes must be accurate. In Flynn's first red zone duty in full team drills, he went: incomplete, sack, interception (Brandon Browner), drop by Golden Tate, incomplete. On his last rotation he went: short pass to Deon Butler, drop by Charly Martin that was picked off by Browner, incomplete, throw away, complete to Marshawn who beasted up the middle for a TD, incomplete. The defense was stellar today, which I will touch on shortly, but Flynn struggled. No sugar coating that
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/08/2012-seahawks-training-camp-august-2nd.html

Kinda feel bad for Tarvaris, kinda don't. That was my dude last year but we'll definitely be going in the same direction if he is anointed starting QB. Definitely rooting for Flynn. This team will be tested heavy the first few weeks and we need a QB that can keep us in the game (especially against GB).

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr
#NFL League source told me tonight that WR Terrell Owens is on his way to Seattle to visit with the #Seahawks. No word on tryout/contract

My man TO :smokin i just want to see him in a Hawks Jersey once :smokin .

don't know how i feel about this TO situation...

i saw Bryant was cut as well at the bar tonight

Feel bad for Bryant that's probably the end of his career. Seeing TO in a Seahawks jersey would be awesome though lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom