SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

I'm not a diehard so this serves as no jinx, but I've got the Seahawks winning the division. I've said it before and I even got money on the line that it happens.

Damn I had my popcorn ready to go

Terrell Owens says he's been cut

Terrell Owens' return to the NFL apparently was short-lived.

The 38-year-old receiver said on Twitter on Sunday that he had been cut by the Seattle Seahawks. NFL teams must reduce their rosters from 90 to 75 players by 4 p.m. ET on Monday.

"I'm no longer a Seahawk. I THANK the organization 4 the opportunity, I'm truly blessed beyond belief. My FAITH is intact & will NOT waiver," he wrote.

Owens, who hadn't played in the NFL since 2010, signed with the Seahawks on Aug. 6 after an impressive workout.

He played in the second and third preseason games for Seattle, but caught only two passes.

But his preseason performance was more notable for the passes he dropped than anything he caught. Owens dropped a potential 46-yard touchdown against Denver on a perfect throw from Matt Flynn. He failed to make a catch in any of his five targets against the Broncos and then had another glaring drop against Kansas City on Friday night. He finished the preseason with just two receptions -- a 40-yard catch from Russell Wilson where Owens had to slow down and lean back to haul in the pass and a 1-yard reception on a screen.

For as impressive as his long catch was in Seattle's 44-14 win over the Chiefs, it served as Owens' only highlight in a Seahawks uniform.

Owens was trying to make a comeback after not playing since Week 15 of the 2010 season while with Cincinnati. He sat out the entire 2011 season following surgery on his left knee and failed to receive any offers. He then had surgery on his left knee and didn't receive any offers to play last season.

Owens got the rust off this spring playing for the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League. He had 35 catches for 420 yards and 10 touchdowns while playing eight of 11 games, but was released and lost an ownership stake in the team in May.

With Owens on the roster, another veteran wideout, 29-year-old Braylon Edwards, picked up his game noticeably. And when Owens struggled to get going in two preseason games, Seattle apparently decided it had seen enough.

Owens and Edwards were competing to fill the role Mike Williams played in 2010, that of a big receiver to help move the chains and, ideally, factor in the red zone. Kris Durham, a draft choice in 2011, was targeted to fill that role. He has not made an impact, however, after returning from an injury suffered last season.

Owens has started 201 of the 219 regular-season NFL games he has played. He has 1,078 receptions for 15,934 yards and 153 touchdowns -- the second most in league history.

Information from ESPN.com's Mike Sando and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Hope TO gets a shot somewhere else in the league this year, I'm rooting for him to get his **** together.

Dont have a clue who gets the last two (three including practice squad) spots

Braylon is a lock now.
Rice
Edwards
Tate
Baldwin

Butler Obo Lockette for the last spots?
That's what I'm thinking. Martin has been playing well like Paul mentioned.

Martin and Obo could have an advantage because of their ST play, havent seen what Butler or Lockette really do on that side, either way someone who can contribute won't make the team 
mean.gif

Pics:

tempRM2_9666--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM2_9775--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_0012--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_0112--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_0126--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_0201--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_0251--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_0273--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_0370--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_0406--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_0489--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_9381--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_9560--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_9676--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_9735--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM3_9766--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRM4_9152--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

___

Damn Flynn........ dude probably just ready to punch holes in walls and **** sitting there like

Feel bad for TO. Hopefully someone else picks him up. Wonder how different things would have been if he would've just reeled in that touchdown catch. And Tarvaris....... it was a good run, that was my dude.

Only 2 more weeks until the fun begins!!!!!!

Flynn shoulda went to MIA with Philbin...

I had the C-hawks winning the division too with Flynn as their QB
mean.gif
frown.gif

Last edited:
Flynn shoulda went to MIA with Philbin...

I had the C-hawks winning the division too with Flynn as their QB
mean.gif
frown.gif
Nothing is guaranteed with Russell. Flynn could still step in and start at some point.

I feel like this team is strong enough in other areas that a change at QB will keep them on the right path.

If Flynn doesnt see the field with Seattle, He'll get a spot and a nicer contract with someone else down the road. He didnt lose the job because he sucked ( he played well imo) but only because he got outplayed overall by someone else.

Feels good to be confident in having two starters on your team

Nothing is guaranteed with Russell. Flynn could still step in and start at some point.

I feel like this team is strong enough in other areas that a change at QB will keep them on the right path.

If Flynn doesnt see the field with Seattle, He'll get a spot and a nicer contract with someone else down the road. He didnt lose the job because he sucked ( he played well imo) but only because he got outplayed overall by someone else.

Feels good to be confident in having two starters on your team
yeah... man.

As a packers fan, I was really looking forward to GB vs Seattle in week 3 bruh. Flynn vs. A-Rod... wont get to see it now.
mean.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
I hear you, I was rooting for Flynn now even if I believed Russ was our guy long term. My boss is married to a Packers fan....he's probably feeling the same...but when you're Pete Carroll and you preach this whole competition thing...and everybody competes, he would lose this team by not sticking to his own motto

I'm still thinking about the evolution of this defense from just a couple years ago. We went from only having Marcus Trufant and Jordan Babineaux to having a full well-rounded squad out there. Great to see that.

I liked what I saw from Bruce. He's been coming along throughout preseason

Anxious to see the cuts

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom