SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

Giacomini is a ******g idiot. I hate this guy seriously, I can already foresee him making huge mistakes (getting dumb penalties) during the regular season.

I know he's playing against the second team but Wilson looks so much better than Flynn. So much more explosive and cooler in the pocket.

And great series for McCoy there! Always used to seeing him dropping passes like no other. Great catch he made on that 3rd down and great block just there on the TD run.

Ooooweeeee nice hit

Flynn and Butler seemed to have a good rhythm...I wonder if that helps his cause to stay on the team

Kearse!!! Great catch. Awesome catch by Tuinei earlier too, love to see all the local talent playing.

Good moves by Sutton on the TD run as well.

I really wanna see Lockette on a reverse or something, dude has so much speed and he wasn't really involved today.

Russell. :pimp:

Was at the M's game so I didn't see the game, but they showed a few of Russell's passes. Dude should be the starter next preseason game. See what he can do.

Had to catch the highlights, but Russ is that dude, and TO cannot play like that if he wants to redeem himself around the league and his life in general. Love what I've been seeing from this defense :pimp:

Russ should start next week.

If TO plays like this in the pre season he will be cut.
mean.gif
Yeah, I'm leaning in favor of Braylon to stay. Still talented, younger, doesnt seem to have a demanding presence when he's out there.

Damn near every incompletion Flynn had was a target to TO. That seemed forced, I dont like that
mean.gif

but it was his first game back, He's got some time to put it together to get in sync with Flynn.

I love with what Russel is showing but I rather they stick with Flynn right now. Get him as many reps as possible before the season starts.
[h1]Seahawks attempts to trade Tarvaris Jackson to intensify this week[/h1]
By Will Brinson | Senior NFL and Golf Blogger
August 19, 2012 12:24 am ET
[table][tr][td]
Tarvaris_Jackson_Trade_Rumors_Seattle_Seahawks.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Seattle will work hard to trade Jackson this week, Jason La Canfora reports. (US Presswire) [/td][/tr][/table]
The following is a report from CBSSports.com's NFL Insider Jason La Canfora. Follow him on Twitter @JasonLaCanfora.

Tarvaris Jackson again did not play in Seattle's preseason game against the Broncos on Friday, and the Seahawks have told him they intend to move him. With Matt Flynn the starter and rookie Russell Wilson impressive again, the team is comfortable moving forward with them.

Some have pointed to Jackson's salary being an issue, with him set to earn $4 million this season, but he would be would be willing to alter that some to facilitate a trade to a better situation, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. The Seahawks would not seek compensation beyond a fifth-round pick (possibly that moves to a fourth based on performance), and may have to settle for less.

It's unlikely they would hold him back from having an opportunity to advance his career elsewhere, regardless, and if no trades materialize his release is possible. However, several teams need quarterback help, most prominently Arizona, though the Seahawks likely would not seriously entertain the option of trading him within their division).

Green Bay is expected to seek a better back-up option, and Jackson fits that bill (Seattle general manager John Schneider spent much of career with the Packers and has strong ties there). Other GMs believe Cleveland back-up Colt McCoy could be a possible fit for the Packers as well, with one suggesting Miami's Matt Moore as a possibility for Arizona depending on how the Dolphins quarterback situation shapes up and whether or not David Garrard can return quickly from his knee scope.

Seems like RW may be getting the start vs. KC from reading Danny O'Neil/Hawkblogger.

I was hoping Flynn would be named starter but we'll see...

I hope Flynn is named starter as well, I expect a winning record this year.

Just have to keep building around the defense, o-l;ine, and giving Lynch a lot of touches.

Did Barrett Ruud get traded cause he wasn't fully recovered from his injury, or cause he was just expendable and the Saints needed him?

Russell Wilson to start Friday
Updated: August 21, 2012, 1:15 PM ET
By Chris Mortensen | ESPN
EMAIL
PRINT
Seattle Seahawks rookie quarterback Russell Wilson has earned his first start in the team's third preseason game and a strong performance could elevate him into a starting role for the 2012 regular-season opener, team sources said Tuesday.

NFC West Blog
ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

• Network: NFL Nation
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Monday informed the quarterbacks, including Matt Flynn, the free agent pickup who had started the team's first two preseason games. Carroll is expected to make the news official Tuesday.

Wilson will take the majority of first-team reps as the Seahawks prepare for the Kansas City Chiefs on Friday night. Carroll plans to play Wilson with the Seahawks' starters through at least the first half. It is possible Flynn could get some first-team reps to start the second half, depending on the flow of the game.

While Flynn has been steady, Wilson has provided the Seahawks with more dynamic plays between the two quarterbacks, albeit against opposing team's second-string defenders. But a team source also noted that Wilson has played with second-teamers, for the most part, and has produced several big plays despite shoddy pass protection. He also has converted 54 percent of third down possessions, a source noted.

Wilson has completed 22 of 33 passes for 279 yards this preseason, throwing for three touchdowns with one interception. He also has rushed for 92 yards and a touchdown. Flynn, who signed with the Seahawks as a free agent this offseason, is 17 of 26 for 102 yards with no touchdowns and one interception.

The Seahawks also want to see how Wilson handles the pressure of a starting assignment as opposed to coming off the bench in a relief role, which has been one of the scenarios the team hasn't ruled out as part of their game plan in 2012.

While Carroll understands that conventional wisdom normally would call for Flynn to start, he also has noted to his staff that conventional wisdom didn't call for the Seahawks to trade up in the draft's third round to select the 5-foot-10 Wilson out of Wisconsin.

If Wilson struggles against the Chiefs, the Seahawks haven't ruled out having Flynn start in the final preseason game.

Four teams have already said they will start rookie quarterbacks in Week 1 (Miami Dolphins, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts, Washington ********). According to the Elias Sports Bureau, 2012 could be the first year with more than two rookie quarterbacks starting in Week 1 since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970.

Let that boy cook!

Did Barrett Ruud get traded cause he wasn't fully recovered from his injury, or cause he was just expendable and the Saints needed him?
He was expendable.

Well this is Russell's shot, hope he does well but I still want Flynn for this season

Back
Top Bottom