SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

what the ****
laugh.gif
mean.gif

That's just a dumb *** play call seriously they haven't been able to stop Marshawn the entire drive and on a 3rd and 2 you run a QB draw just awful :smh:

Russell holds on to the ball forever..that blitz was staring him in the face...c'mon man, you gotta be better than that

This Oline is so undisciplined..its ridiculous, the dumbest possible flags they can get

Last edited:
Giacomini needs to be ******g cut after that stupid penalty I'm so sick of this guy. Bevell once again making stupid play calls. We had no business at all losing this game, just a pitiful performance. 3rd down defense might be one of the worst in the league.

This team isnt getting far with this offense

or with all these penalties we get at the worst possible times.

Bevell sucks at adjustments and Russell..man I like the kid...he's got some growing to do. He holds on to the ball for eternity when he does get time to throw nor is he seeing the blitz sometimes and throwing to the hot route. He's also having trouble throwing within the pocket because he can't find lanes...which ends up in him running towards pressure, or creating it because he breaks the pocket that the line has created for him. Bevell has to come up with something to help this kid

Maybe that's also an issue with the WR core as well when he holds on to the ball for too long too. We dont have guys who get seperation like that.

ugh, ugly ******g loss

I didn't get to watch the game, just followed on Yahoo scoreboard. Judging from the FB page comments, it got the just of it. I think Pete knows Wilson was not the right choice, but since he made a big deal to back this guy up, he's afraid to admit he may have been wrong. Flynn in my opinion did not get a fair chance.

RW was not the reason for the loss. Bevell ******g sucks his third down calls :x :smh:

Bradley too....they let up too damn much on 3rd down on defense. Too many 3rd and longs have been easily converted on this defense

Only thing worth noting on offense is the run game and the blocking to go with it. Well pass blocking too, Russell runs into trouble more than he should be

Yeah not saying solely on Bevell. All five Rams 3rd down conversions were 3rd and 10+. :smh:

^^Two picks weren't on RW though and the other one was tipped. Not an accuracy/decision making problem. Positives were Okung/Carpenter combo looked NICE

Time to let Matt play....

Pete too proud to do that imo.
I hope not. It'll happen eventually if things keep going this way...the question is when. You wait too long and the season's a wash. And yeah^^, it would be unfair to put all of the blame on Wilson, but you can't throw up 160 yds, 3 INT, and 0 TDs and not be partly responsible for the loss.
I really cant call it. Knowing Pete, he never shows his hand..I dont see him backing out of this decision after week 4 and the team is 2-2.

As far as the offense goes, there's just an inconsistent combination of Russell, Bevell and the WR corp.

Russell certainly deserves some blame. Can't excuse him because he's a rookie. He's the starter, step up. There were so many times were he got lost within the pocket. At the same time, it feels like Bevell doesnt know how to cater to his strengths, it's been a month and I see no adjustments made.

Flynn is no guarantee to to fix things though. I feel the team has a good chance to win every game with either guy but it's going to be tough to jump ship now but we'll see

Edit:

This loss honestly didnt feel that bad

On the road against a rival

early game

and the rams arent scrubs to begin with

Seattle is the better team but played a good squad..too many crucial mental mistakes

Last edited:
I don't know if you can blame 2 of those int's on Wilson. Still, he needs to better read his options on the passing game.

Pete Carroll: Seahawks' Matt Flynn not at 'full speed'
Even if the Seattle Seahawks wanted to turn to Matt Flynn at quarterback, coach Pete Carroll says that isn't an option right now.

Carroll continues to back rookie Russell Wilson, out of choice and necessity. He told ESPN Seattle on Monday that a nagging elbow injury has prevented Flynn from putting in a full workload at practice.
[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]
"We have a little bit of a problem with Matt," Carroll said. "Matt's still not full-speed. Anybody that thinks, OK, let's go with the other guy, well, he can't practice yet. ... He throws 15 throws a day, a couple days a week, so that's not really enough to get him ready in a game plan. He has to throw 50 balls a day to get ready, so that's not even an issue for us yet to have a chance to put him in."

John Boyle of the Everett Herald raised a good question: If Flynn isn't healthy enough to practice at full capacity, why hasn't he been listed as a limited participant on the team's injury report? Carroll wasn't asked that question.

Wilson hit a wall in Sunday's 19-13 loss to the St. Louis Rams. Carroll has acknowledged reining in the offense to suit the rookie's limited experience, but how long can Seattle hold back on operating at full tilt? (Here's where we point out that Wilson already has two more career starts than Flynn, but ...) If the Seahawks continue to struggle once Flynn is healthy, Carroll will have to provide another reason for sitting him.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

John Boyle of the Everett Herald raised a good question: If Flynn isn't healthy enough to practice at full capacity, why hasn't he been listed as a limited participant on the team's injury report?

I would've liked to see Carroll's answer to this.

There's always other underlying issues that we never really "see," but Bevell is a horrible play caller. I saw it in Minnesota and I see the same tendencies here in Seattle. He has a one-fits-all approach and has no idea how to tailor an offense to its strengths or to its QB's strengths. He's conservative by nature, but has no feel for the game. Surprising because he was a decent Q in college it just hasn't translated to being a good coach.

As far as Flynn vs. Wilson...It won't hurt to give Flynn a shot at this point. I agree with Pete to this point in his evaluation of Wilson, but it won't hurt to let him sit now and learn from things he did wrong and observe how to do, or not to do things, as Flynn gets his chance. This team needs to explore its options at Q because it's too talented to not know what Flynn can bring.

John Boyle of the Everett Herald raised a good question: If Flynn isn't healthy enough to practice at full capacity, why hasn't he been listed as a limited participant on the team's injury report?
I would've liked to see Carroll's answer to this.
Same here
laugh.gif

He injured the elbow prior to week 3 of the preseason and didnt play, and he played fine the very next week...idk I just dont buy it, he did that to calm the noise of people calling for Flynn.

Spot on about Bevell, Paul.

Listened to Clayton, he said Pete back tracked on the Flynn elbow comments..now he's not hurt
grin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom