SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

bruce.gif

Bruuuuuuuuuuuce

Hope he keeps ******** on the doubters

Hi Mel

Hawks D Balled last nite. Earl Thomas is that dude :smokin

Cant Wait for the Oct 18th Game at the Stick. Most anticipated game of the season for me. :smokin

They've been saying Carp has been practicing and could be ready next Sunday.

That would be major

I thought it was INT up until an hour ago. How is that being a homer?? Why you mad didn't even involve your team.

bruce.gif

Bruuuuuuuuuuuce

Hope he keeps ******** on the doubters

Hi Mel

Bruuuuuuuce Irrrrviiiin!! :pimp:

The offense definitely needs to catch up to the D like somebody mentioned. We sort of had a makeshift line against the Cowboys last week, but whichever guys we used in that game should be the line going forward, cause Okung, man :smh: dude gets injured after every play.

^ And the plays in between he's getting flagged.
mean.gif
Yeah I dont know whats up with him and these false starts
The offense definitely needs to catch up to the D like somebody mentioned. We sort of had a makeshift line against the Cowboys last week, but whichever guys we used in that game should be the line going
Line has played well, still could be better when fully healthy. Getting Moffit back last week was a plus. Now I want to see what they look like with Carp moving to left guard besides Okung.

I think the funniest thing about the game thread was that the 49er fans were getting more heated than the Packer fans lol. Can't wait till we play them.

And Pabs that avy makes me burst out laughing every time I see it :rofl:

I think the funniest thing about the game thread was that the 49er fans were getting more heated than the Packer fans lol. Can't wait till we play them.

And Pabs that avy makes me burst out laughing every time I see it
roll.gif
The simultaneous touchdown signal is the killer
laugh.gif

The league and fans should personally thank Golden Tate for the refs coming back too, a different outcome and these dudes might have been still out there week 4 and beyond
laugh.gif

:lol: It really is. So glad the refs are back though, they really would have been here for a while if that call didn't happen.

Time to move on though, big game this week. Don't think we're gonna take St. Louis lightly, looking for the defense to go crazy again.

And Pabs that avy makes me burst out laughing every time I see it :rofl:

I live in Central California where there are TONS of 49er fans. I swear I can't wait til we play them in a couple weeks at Candlestick...some of these guys out here acting like we had no business winning Monday night at all.
We definitely caught a break with the win, but we BALLED that first half...BALLED!!!

[h3]Seahawks-Rams: What to watch [/h3][h3]Rams must run and stop the run[/h3]

By Matt Williamson

end mod-article-title

[table][tr][td]Seattle at St. Louis[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]When: 1:00 PM ET
Watch: FOX
Preview
More scouting reports: Week 4[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Scouts Inc. Position Advantage[/td][/tr][tr][td]QB[/td][td]RB[/td][td]WR[/td][td]OL[/td][td]DL[/td][td]LB[/td][td]DB[/td][td]ST[/td][td]Coach[/td][/tr][tr][td]
statLogo_stl.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_sea.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_sea.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_sea.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_sea.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_sea.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_sea.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_sea.gif
[/td][td]
statLogo_stl.gif
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

body.insider-story .mod-article-title .date{margin-top:-15px;}

After watching film of both teams, Scouts Inc. breaks down key elements of the Week 4 Seahawks-Rams matchup.

Slow down Lynch: The entire Seattle offense is predicated on Marshawn Lynch. Much of Lynch's production comes after contact and there might not be a runner in the NFL who runs with as much power and aggression. James Laurinaitis is a fantastic all-around linebacker who simply must have a great day as a run defender this week. St. Louis is allowing far too much on a per-carry basis, but it did limit the Bears to just 3 yards per attempt in Week 3.

Help Bradford with a running game: St. Louis could muster only 59 yards on the ground in Chicago last week and Steven Jackson didn't appear to be totally healthy. This might be a good week to split carries as Daryl Richardson has been impressive with his pure speed, quickness and competitive running style as Jackson's replacement. The Seahawks' front seven is fantastic, but little-known linebacker K.J. Wright is having a terrific season thus far while Brandon Mebane and Red Bryant can dominate the line of scrimmage. This is one of the most difficult defenses in football to run against.

Protect Bradford: The Rams scored only six points against Chicago and face another very tough defense in this matchup. They particularly struggled on third down. Danny Amendola is Bradford's favorite target -- by a wide margin -- but the Rams need another receiving option to step up against the Seahawks' aggressive press man coverage. Chris Clemons, one of the NFL's best pass-rushers, recorded four of Seattle's amazing eight sacks of Aaron Rodgers on Monday night in a truly dominant first half display. To get anything done in the passing game, the Rams -- like the Packers adjusted to in the second half -- will need to keep numerous blockers in and utilize some heavier personnel groupings to slow down Seattle's great pass rush.

Home QB: Bradford threw for a measly 152 yards last week and averaged just 2.9 yards per pass attempt while throwing two interceptions. He was also sacked six times, and might face a stiffer test in Week 4. Seattle has done a great job of limiting opposing quarterback production. Bradford has done well versus four or fewer pass-rushers and Seattle should generate plenty of pressure on Bradford without having to blitz.

Away QB: Throwing on the Rams isn't an easy chore and Russell Wilson mustered only muster 130 passing on Monday night. The Rams will challenge the Seahawks' slower, but sure-handed wide receivers with plenty of press man coverage, which should lead to more difficult throws for Wilson, but also could free him up for more runs once the defense turns its back. Wilson's numbers versus blitz pressure have been lackluster thus far, but he has done really well versus four or fewer rushers. Meanwhile, the Rams' pass defense has struggled when they bring added pressure.

Key positional battle -- Bradford vs. Seahawks' safeties: The Seahawks have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. While their cornerbacks are very good, tall and physical, the safeties, Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor, are exceptional. But accounting for both safeties is not an easy chore for opposing quarterbacks. Thomas is much more of the deep patroller of the two, and Seattle will show a lot of single high looks. Thomas is also violent in run support and can even come down to the line of scrimmage and cover a slot receiver. Chancellor has rare size for the position and is an enforcer who thrives near the line of scrimmage. But Chancellor can also blitz well or eliminate a tight end or running back as a coverage player. Bradford needs to be very aware of both Seattle safeties.

Featured player: Chris Long had both of the Rams' sacks last week. He is a great pass-rusher. Wilson was sacked only once on Monday night, but Seattle's offensive line will have its hands full this week. The Seahawks will use a high percentage of double- and triple-tight end sets, which should help their tackles in protection. That tactic could be especially helpful against the Rams' defensive ends. Pre-snap penalties have been a major problem for Seattle's offense this year, which could be compounded in St. Louis' dome.

Film room nuggets: The Rams' safeties are not great range players, but they have size and physicality. They will be essential in this matchup against Seattle's running game. ... Seattle's defense is very fast overall, and with its deep defensive line that features players with varied skill sets, can show a lot of effective fronts. ... A key to those defensive fronts is Jason Jones. When Seattle goes to a heavier front, Jones is a strong base end. But Jones is at his best as an interior pass-rusher. Few get upfield from an inside position as well as Jones.
[table][tr][td]Prediction[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Seattle 20
St. Louis 6[/td][td]
The Seahawks are exceptional on special teams, but in reality, they have many advantages in this matchup. But where they should dominate is in the trenches when the Rams have the football.
[/td][/tr][/table]

I expect closer but we'll see

That sack by Jones earlier, vicious
sick.gif

Damn, Carp is down already..he looked very good on that first drive too
mean.gif

Looks like they're opening up the playbook..about time

and then they try to get cute on the 3rd and short

Mebane got held on that deep throw

Last edited:
Was just about to type I can't believe Bradford is torching the secondary then just like that :pimp:

A TD here and I don't think the Rams come back.

Back
Top Bottom