SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

John Boyle of the Everett Herald raised a good question: If Flynn isn't healthy enough to practice at full capacity, why hasn't he been listed as a limited participant on the team's injury report?

I would've liked to see Carroll's answer to this.

Listened to Clayton, he said Pete back tracked on the Flynn elbow comments..now he's not hurt >D

:lol: of course he did.

Carroll: Third down defense, offense to receive “extra work” during week of practice

Head Coach Pete Carroll addressed the media this afternoon as part of his weekly Wednesday press conference ahead of this afternoon’s practice and preparations for their Week 5 road contest with the Carolina Panthers.

Carroll emphasized the importance of the team getting their game right on the road this week in Carolina, pointing to their 0-2 road record away from home thus far. Carroll specifically noted the team’s inability to take advantage of turnovers on the road like they have been able to take advantage of them at home as a priority for improvement.

Heading into the week of practice, Carroll said there will be a big focus on third down defense and third down offense, and that the first two days of practice will be highlighted by a lot of extra work on correcting the issue that was their downfall against the St. Louis Rams in Week 4, when on several occasions the Seahawks could not get off the field on third-and-long and only converted two of nine third down plays on offense.

On the Seahawks’ last-ranked passing offense, Carroll commented that despite the enormous pressure and extraordinary expectations placed on rookie quarterback Russell Wilson, he believes that Wilson is “equipped to handle it”, citing an increasing familiarity with the receiving corps that will help the offense take off in the coming weeks.

On that receiving corps, Carroll thinks wide receiver Sidney Rice – who leads the team in receiving – has done a nice job with the chances he has been given, but Carroll would like to see wide receiver Golden Tate become more involved, as the offense looks to spread it around to cause cover issues for their opponents.

Also of note, Carroll said practice squad quarterback Josh Portis will see an increased workload in practice this week as part of the service team, mimicking the play of the mobile, athletic Panthers quarterback Cam Newton.

On the injury front, Carroll said that guard John Moffitt is still dealing with a knee injury and is not ready to go yet, defensive tackle Jaye Howard is bothered by a foot injury, and cornerback Marcus Trufant is experiencing back issues that are related to the back injury he has dealt with in years past. Carroll said that if Trufant could not go then fourth-year defensive back Danny Gorrer or 2011 sixth-round draft pick Byron Maxwell are able to fill in as the fifth defensive back on the nickel defense.

You can watch Carroll’s full press conference here, and our Insiders Clare Farnsworth and Tony Ventrella will be back with more following today’s practice.
At least they recognize the glaring flaws on both sides.

Did Braylon Edwards slip into a coma?

Last edited:
Can they seriously just cut Giacomini now? This guy is a ******g idiot :smh:

Golden and Doug playing good right now though love to see that.

Can they seriously just cut Giacomini now? This guy is a ******g idiot
mean.gif

This **** is getting out of hand...
indifferent.gif

The linebacker was all over him, but Marshawn was in perfect position to make that catch, yet he let it squirt out of his hands like mustard right into Luechly's hands

The linebacker was all over him, but Marshawn was in perfect position to make that catch, yet he let it squirt out of his hands like mustard right into Luechly's hands
Ok, I've calmed down..you're right he still should have held on to that...still wont excuse Wilson on that throw

This offense is pissing me off
laugh.gif
mean.gif
tired.gif

Defense is ballin'

Finally..Good **** Tate

Last edited:
:lol:

I do feel you on the offensive struggles though, very frustrating, especially since we do have the talent to be a balanced type of team. We're moving now though, just need some stops and consistent scoring

What a ******g stand on defense and then a run from Marshawn!!!!! That's the kind of heart and effort that will take you far.

Giacomini finally taking some notes too on that last run by Marshawn where he got the first down dude just had his hands in the air when the play ended like "I'm innocent b" :lol:

That planned safety was genius.

Edit: Well at least I think it was planned. The announcer said the gunners didn't even run down so it makes sense.

Last edited:
^ Ok, I didnt catch that

Defense played out of their ******g mind man. Love that unit

That Browner strip/goaline stance easily the plays of the game for me

Don't think I've ever seen a planned safety before.

It happens every once in awhile (sometimes unintentionally). I remember it happened in the WSU-OSU game in 2003. There were a few seconds left, and WSU didn't want to take any chances, so they snapped the ball to the punter and he sprinted backwards to run the clock off. He ended up in the end zone and took a knee. With that, WSU didn't cover and gamblers were upset.

Good win...

Bring on the Pats

Side note - Ticket prices on stub hub start at 200 :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom