Seattle SuperSonics Thread

:pimp:

Damn, unanimous vote from the county too. Get Licata and Conlin outta this city already.

Possible teams list.

NBA
Grizzlies
Bucks
Hawks
Bobcats
Kings
Timberwolves

NHL
Oilers
Islanders
Florida Panthers
Coyotes
Expansion Team

Last edited:
Where you getting T'Wolves, Hawks, or Bobcats from?

Hawks shouldn't have a team, Atlanta sport fans are the worst.

Where you getting T'Wolves, Hawks, or Bobcats from?
Hawks shouldn't have a team, Atlanta sport fans are the worst.
[COLOR=#red]lol Atl good but these teams just dont win but the market is def good..Dont tell Falcons fans that right now they ttg[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]lol Atl good but these teams just dont win but the market is def good..Dont tell Falcons fans that right now they ttg[/COLOR]
Falcon fans? :lol:

New York visits ATL in any major sport, most of the crowd is cheering for NY. Michael Vick comes into town, fans still root for Vick to win instead of Falcons.

But hey, don't take my word for it. Atlanta fans are voted the worst sport fans every year.

Falcon fans? :lol:
New York visits ATL in any major sport, most of the crowd is cheering for NY. Michael Vick comes into town, fans still root for Vick to win instead of Falcons.
But hey, don't take my word for it. Atlanta fans are voted the worst sport fans every year.
[COLOR=#red]Correct sir because its alot of people in atl from other cities so u right to some degree but i been to all the home games in the dome this year AND NO im no falcon fan but trust me the dome is sick this year 6-0 they are crazy in there[/COLOR]

Yep. After seeing how empty Atlanta's arena was tonight, I wouldn't feel bad at all if they moved to Seattle. I'd feel better about that than the Sacramento situation.

If we get the Hawks. i think ATL would get another team within 10 years. So i wouldn't feel bad either.

The Heat beat the Oklahoma City 4-1 in the Finals, the Thunder being the team that had bolted Payton’s beloved Seattle in 2008. Now, Payton is playing a role in trying to bring an NBA team back to Seattle.

Payton is working with investor Chris Hansen, a Seattle native, on what will happen when a new arena is expected to be in place for the 2015-16 season. While Payton didn’t deny the Sacramento Kings are a candidate to move to Seattle, he said other teams, which he wouldn’t name, also are in the mix.

“It looks like it’s going be back there,’’ a confident Payton said about the NBA returning to Seattle and figuring to take back the SuperSonics name. “We got a plan for the arena... A lot of teams in the NBA are up for sale. A lot of teams that people don’t know. But you have to wait for the right situation and the right opportunity. We’re open to anything. We’re not just (focusing on) Sacramento. We’re looking at a lot of other options.’’

If a team does return to Seattle, Payton is hopeful the new franchise would retire his No. 20. By that time, the team also could hang a Payton Hall of Fame banner.
Link

Gimme a Sam Perkins or Derrick McKey jersey and I'm set

Yep. After seeing how empty Atlanta's arena was tonight, I wouldn't feel bad at all if they moved to Seattle. I'd feel better about that than the Sacramento situation.

That place is always empty, I don't think I've ever seen (on TV) the Philips Arena ever full, besides the all-star game 10 years ago.

are the hawks for sale? and it would be a roit from NBA players if they moved the hawks out of ATL
laugh.gif

I don't know. Rumors seem to be spreading like wild fire up here. You never know with these things though. Could definitely be a farce.

Last edited:
I don't know. Rumors seem to be spreading like wild fire up here. You never know with these things though. Could definitely be a farce.
I'm sure they are. I'm just calling bs cuz it was posted at noon today, and not one reporter/major outlet on twitter has even mentioned this

what are the other rumors?

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I keep hearing is that the Maloofs sold the Kings to Seattle and that "the Sonics are coming back!"

Most start with "there's a rumor going around..." :lol:

There's absolutely nothing reputable out there that I can find though.

Last edited:
I won't believe a word outside of an official press conference. Also, this is conveniently timed to coincide with VA Beach officially not moving forward with trying to acquire a team.

Back
Top Bottom