Self-Hating Rich Kid Goes On Shooting Rampage, NTers Write Paragraphs Arguing About It

alot of people coming in here with that "just evil" diagnosis sound like the white right wing pundits who see inner city crime as a result of black kids just being naturally bad.

There are some people that are naturally bad, regardless of race.

This dude doesn't strike me as being mentally ill at all man.
mean.gif
Sarcasm?

I know we're a long ways from effective gun sales, but do you guys think the HIPPA rules obstruct the ability to keep guns out of the hands of mentally disturbed people? I do. I have doubt that this kid had the ability to source an illegal gun, and had a filter been in place when he bought his from the gun shop, his plan would've been stopped dead in its tracks, but unfortunately, there were plenty of other avenues he could take to hurt people if he was resourceful enough. RIP to victims
Shortly after the Navy Yard shooting, I read an article about the NICS and HIPAA. I believe the Dept of Health and Human Services issued it. Basically, NICS would require data from a lot of civilian doctors that are hesitant to disclose information like that in fear of violating the Privacy Rule and facing lawsuits. HIPAA is a good thing. Its just waiting on HHS to provide specific guidance on how to interpret certain provisions that hold up things like this. Especially when they are cracking down on violators.

This wasn't at any point about "women" and his rejection. That was his vehicle for doing what was assuredly inevitable in all possible scenarios. Dude was highly intelligent, and hyper sensitive which clearly drove and created his own cloud of constant insecurities and he couldnt escape his own sick mind. At some point I hope the mentally ill stop getting a pass for doing **** like this to society, as if it was out of their control.

Sad situation all around.

Possible Solution: Extremely stringent background and mental health checks should have to be done in order to lawfully obtain any kind of firearm. If you have any reason to fear either of these, you probably shouldn't own a firearm. I want to make it clear that owning firearms is not the problem at hand. As long as you are qualified, you should be able to own any amount of guns that you want. Taking away regular people's firearms is not a sensible solution to this. It is our constitutional right to bear arms. What I am saying though, is that if you can't pass a strict background and mental health check, you probably shouldn't have access to a gun. Along with applying these standards; Our government should place a larger emphasis on public access to both positive physical & mental healthcare for all US citizens (regardless of age, sex, race, income, etc.). We wouldn't have nearly as many terrible things like this happen if that were the case.
I repped you for your input and i agree with a lot of it, but I disagree with this last part. If someone wants to use a firearm to carry out a mass killing, they will just tool up illegally. Those background checks will only work if the perpetrator goes through the motions to legally obtain a weapon.

Just to give you an example...

Columbine:
Robyn Anderson, a friend of Klebold and Harris, bought the shotguns and the Hi-Point 9mm Carbine at The Tanner Gun Show in December of 1998 from unlicensed sellers. Because Anderson purchased the guns for someone else, the transition constituted an illegal "straw purchase." Klebold and Harris bought the TEC-DC9 from a pizza shop employee named Mark Manes, who knew they were too young to purchase the assault pistol, but nevertheless sold it to them for $500.

What are the requirements to obtaining a handgun lawfully.  Is there a thing where you have to have a witness to buy your first firearm?  At least someone who knows you gotta be with you to buy your first, that coulda prevented this whole thing too.

Last edited:
I don't think anything will prevent this type of event. Just like the "war on drugs," no legislation will prevent the illegality of it.

not sure if this has been stated but apperently after he shot up the deli, the people inside the deli called 911, when the cops got there they saw him leaving in his beamer but they " didnt think the armed man was on vehicle"....its ****** up just bc he had a bmw they were so dimissive of that being the possible assailent

I also heard on the radio he sent his manifesto in to his shrink and the shrink alarmed the authorities only after hearing about the shooting. I didn't read the manifesto because I don't want to get inside this freak's head, but would his manifesto have warranted an immediate alert to the police?

I also heard on the radio he sent his manifesto in to his shrink and the shrink alarmed the authorities only after hearing about the shooting. I didn't read the manifesto because I don't want to get inside this freak's head, but would his manifesto have warranted an immediate alert to the police?

According to what I've read, he sent the manifesto to people mere minutes before committing the murders. Therapist might not have even opened the email until it was too late.

Apparently it was sent to people "minutes" before the shooting...how many minutes exactly?  No idea.  Whether anyone opened it and read it in time is another thing to speculate about.

Last edited:
This fool telling people he's going to kill folks .... No one listens.

But cops stay harassing my boy because he has tats and lives in the hood.

:stoneface:
White privilege at its finest. I was just watching the video that was posted a few posts up and they there have been 71 mass shootings in the past however many years. 70 were male and the large majority were white males. Not saying that it's because he was white he killed all these people but because of white privilege, white people (males in particular) won't be automatically associated with these act like black people are automatically associated with crime.

Last edited:
According to what I've read, he sent the manifesto to people mere minutes before committing the murders. Therapist might not have even opened the email until it was too late.

Apparently it was sent to people "minutes" before the shooting...how many minutes exactly?  No idea.  Whether anyone opened it and read it in time is another thing to speculate about.
Oh okay, radio goofed their report up then.

I've never used the phrase "we gotta do better"
But when **** like this happens I can't help but hate the fact that it really always is another white dude
So yeah I hear you jdfrench

But when **** like this happens I can't help but hate the fact that it really always is another white dude
It's not always a white dude though. School shootings seem to be white dudes more often than not, but mass shootings in general are carried out by individuals literally from any race.

Anytime something like this happens dudes always try to rationalize why it happened. The truth of the matter is, there is no explanation or rationalization behind nor will we ever be able to do anything to stop these mass killings. There will always be sick, twisted, deranged people out there with disgusting motives such as this dude. It's sad but it's an unfortunate truth.

I don't necessarily think it's a "white problem". I don't think being white makes you more susceptible to doing a mass shooting. I just wanted to point out that even though white dudes have been doing these for years, no one fears for their safety when they walk past a white dude down the street, or atleast not in the same way people act when they walk by a black guy dressed in "thug" attire. I think it's the whole white privilege thing that will keep giving these white dudes the benefit of the doubt, a privilege no other race has.

It's not always a white dude though. School shootings seem to be white dudes more often than not, but mass shootings in general are carried out by individuals literally from any race.

It's well documented that the large majority of these events are privileged white males. There are some cases when it's other races like the DC sniper and virginia tech but in the United States the majority of the time it's white males

It's well documented that the large majority of these events are privileged white males. There are some cases when it's other races like the DC sniper and virginia tech but in the United States the majority of the time it's white males
If you mean by "well documented", it's that the media tends to nitpick at "white" murderers to use as a political vehicle and ignores the high murder rates of Southside Chicago. The reality is that all creeds and races have some bad apples who seek to murder one another.

I have serious problems with this mentality.

Minorities always complain that the media portrays the actions of one idiot as being indicative of a community-wide epidemic, then out of the other side of their mouths they'll say "we gotta do better."

"WE"? No.  You didn't do anything wrong. You have no reason to feel guilty.  You shouldn't have to bear the onus of some a-hole's actions.  

As a white male I don't feel any obligation to "do better" because I know that this loser doesn't reflect who I am in the slightest.

If you mean by "well documented", it's that the media tends to nitpick at "white" murderers to use as a political vehicle and ignores the high murder rates of Southside Chicago. The reality is that all creeds and races have some bad apples who seek to murder one another.

I agree with you that murder is something not exclusive to one race, and even mass murder isn't exclusive to white people. But isn't the violence in Chicago gang-related? Meaning not exactly as "random" as someone shooting up a bunch of people for reasons only known in that persons head? Although those are the ones the Media seems to always give attention to, aren't those perpetrators mostly white privileged males?
That's not me making a point, I genuinely want to know the answer

Last edited:
Police defend actions following California college town killings

By Dana Feldman

SANTA BARBARA Calif. Tue May 27, 2014 3:19am EDT

(Reuters) - Police in the California community where a man killed six college students said on Monday they had no grounds to search the 22-year-old suspect's home when they met with him in April over a report that he had posted disturbing videos.

The disclosure that the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department sent deputies to Elliot Rodger's door just weeks before Friday night's shooting rampage has raised questions about whether police could have done more to prevent the attack.

Rodger's mother asked deputies on April 30 to check on him at his apartment in the town of Isla Vista, near the University of California at Santa Barbara, after she saw videos he had posted on the Internet that she found disturbing.

Recounting that visit in a 140-page manifesto he sent to friends and relatives shortly before the shooting began, Rodger, the son of a Hollywood film director, said that if the seven deputies at his door had searched his room, they would have found the firearms he had hidden there and denied him the chance to carry out his violent plans.

Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown has said that deputies found Rodger to be polite and courteous during the encounter and that he did not appear to meet the criteria to be held on mental health grounds.

On Monday, sheriff's spokeswoman Kelly Hoover declined to discuss that visit in greater detail, pending an internal investigation, but said that deputies in general were barred from entering a residence without a warrant.

"An exception would be if deputies felt that a person was a harm to themselves or others or there was an immediate threat," Hoover said. "In this case, we would have had to determine that Elliot Rodger or his roommates were in immediate danger."

Authorities say Rodger fatally stabbed three people in his apartment before shooting three people to death near the University of California at Santa Barbara. He then shot himself.

The two women and four men who were killed were aged 19 to 22 and students at the school. Thirteen people were wounded, including eight shot by Rodger as he sped through town in his black BMW, exchanging fire with police, authorities said.

'HE WAS JUST VERY QUIET'

Officers found Rodger dead in his car with three legally purchased pistols and more than 400 rounds of ammunition.

Chris Pollard, who lived in the same building as Rodger and knew him before the attacks, told Reuters in an interview that the videos that had concerned his mother should have been red flags for the sheriff's department.

"When it got to the point that the parents called the police, it makes me wonder if the police even looked at the videos," Pollard, 22, said. "If they'd looked at the videos, they could've done some sort of court order to do a search warrant."

But the young man conceded that deputies would have needed legal grounds to search Rodger or his home and may not have found that justification during their visit to his apartment.

"When you looked at him, there was no reason to get concerned. He didn't seem like a threatening or intimidating guy. He was just very quiet," Pollard said.

David Dusenbury, a former deputy chief of police in Long Beach, California, said the deputies could have obtained a warrant if the video explicitly threatened violence.

"If the caller said they feared he was going to harm somebody or himself based upon Internet postings, I would say the deputies did not go far enough in their investigation," Dusenbury said.

He said that deputies could also have run Rodger through their system to learn he had guns registered in his name

The deadly rampage has left the communities of Isla Vista and Santa Barbara reeling. A spokeswoman for Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital said four of the wounded were in good condition and one was in fair condition.The University of California at Santa Barbara, which is headed into its final exams, canceled classes on Tuesday for a day of mourning. The Isla Vista killings are the latest in a series of U.S. mass murders carried out by mentally ill attackers, including the December 2012 killings of 26 people at a Connecticut elementary school.

(Additional reporting by Brandon Lowrey; Writing by Ian Simpson and Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Peter ****ey)

:smh:

Guarantee if this kid were of color, the door would have been kicked down while he were sleep. Hope the families of those involved bankrupt this fly by night operation.

Last edited:
:smh:

Guarantee if this kid were of color, the door would have been kicked down while he were sleep. Hope the families of those involved bankrupt this fly by night operation.

Of course, but that's another 50-page thread

Back
Top Bottom