Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

WCW Nitro:06/10/1996:
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=4068&page=2

Singles Match
Booker T vs. Scott Steiner
Excellent opener. Booker T was agile as hell during these early days and Scott Steiner was probably at his peak around this time. The finish was a little sudden but the fans got a good opening match here.

Singles Match
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Jim Powers
DDP was playing from behind most of the match, which was weird considering he was the heel. Jim Powers looked solid here but we knew how this was going to end. DDP was still figuring out the proper hand placement for the Diamond Cutter as it still looks robotic here.

Singles Match
Sting vs. Meng
I was expecting a little more from Meng here. I would have expected this match to flow like the DDP/Jim Powers match with Sting fighting from underneath.

Singles Match
Jim Duggan vs. Squire David Taylor (w/Jeeves)
I honestly was dozing off here. The 2 hour Nitro got to me at this point.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Scott Norton
2nd week in a row Scott Norton gets fed to The Big Giant. I seriously don’t understand the motive here.

Singles Match
Lord Steven Regal (w/Jeeves) vs. Billy Kidman
Hmm, Kidman attempted a 450 Splash. Interesting. I’ve always wondered why he had that move in Revenge. Now I know why.

Tag Team Match
The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags) vs. The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock)
I said months ago that I wasn’t going to touch Nasty Boys vs. PE matches. That rules still stands. Garbage nonsense.

WCW World Tag Team Title Match
Lex Luger & Sting (c) vs. The Four Horsemen (Arn Anderson & Ric Flair) (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman)
I wasn’t expecting a clean finish but the Giant run-in still annoyed me. The pattern of non-finishes continues for these MaiN Events. Why not just book someone that can eat a pin instead of pulling this nonsense? The fans were behind Lex though and they were tearing Big Giant’s a** up with those hard chairs.

Post Show Promo
Things are picking up with Hall/Nash. The fans are starting to catch on with them at this point as well.

Cool moments. Good lead-up to the PPV. Luger has momentum. We get to see Rey debut vs. Dean. Looking forward to the show.

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
Bad Moon Rison Bad Moon Rison
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

Nitro #39 Wild Turkey Infused Review

Singles Match
Booker T vs. Scott Steiner
Damn good match and both guys held up there end. Steiner and Book were athletic freaks and had chemistry. MOTN and its not even debatable imo

Singles Match
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Jim Powers
DDP was good at the time with the cocky heel persona that usually costs him in the end but Jim Powers had no business in wrestling at this time. Solid match with DDP's personality being the only thing of note.

Singles Match
Sting vs. Meng
This match could have been more but Sting having double duty makes it understandable. Still say the faces of fear lost a ton of appeal by being associated with DOD. Solid but nothing worth reviewing move wise.

Singles Match
Jim Duggan vs. Squire David Taylor (w/Jeeves)
Jim was washed to me after the Yoko killing so I had no interest watching a corpse and and never battle. -3 WT 101 bottles

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Scott Norton
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Love these short beating the giant was giving out.

Singles Match
Lord Steven Regal (w/Jeeves) vs. Billy Kidman
Too short and TOO fast. Kidman tried to put 5 minutes worth of action in 1 minute. Cornette is not pleased.

Tag Team Match
The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags) vs. The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock)
Nasty boys were trailer washed at this point and I never got why Public Enemy needed to exist. JBL was justified.

WCW World Tag Team Title Match
Lex Luger & Sting (c) vs. The Four Horsemen (Arn Anderson & Ric Flair) (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman)
Flair was gold at the time. The physical ability was waning but his outlandish behavior made up for it. Typical behavior from all guys involved but enjoyable. The Giant interference didn't bother me as I like the top 3 or 4 stories to intersect sometimes.

Post Show Promo
Ok Show with the main event and the Hall/Nash angle being the only noteworthy things.

Decent go home show but this years GAB always felt like a show they HAD to do but wasn't necessarily important.
So almost every match on this show involved one half of a tag team. Were they running short on singles wrestlers or something? WCW had the best tag division at the time why not just have the show be 90% tag matches?
I did like all the little promo video packages that they spliced into this episode. Konnan's and Benoit's were pretty good.

So almost every match on this show involved one half of a tag team. Were they running short on singles wrestlers or something? WCW had the best tag division at the time why not just have the show be 90% tag matches?
I did like all the little promo video packages that they spliced into this episode. Konnan's and Benoit's were pretty good.

I don't think anyone would want to see a show with 90% tag matches? :lol:

Y'all are slowly gonna start coming around to my way of thinking..Vince and Tony don't really care about these wrestlers at all..So forget what the legacy is gonna be..Get that $$$ while you can before CTE turns you into a vegetable at 53yrs old..
Take Sabu's advice. He regretted not signing with Vince and getting that bag.

if tony kahn is denying giving cole an offer i think that means he re signed with the wwe

im starting to believe however that braun strowman has signed with aew

he hasnt wrestled in two months and seems like hes waiting for his no compete clause to end

when joe was re signed they didnt make him wait that long

Take Sabu's advice. He regretted not signing with Vince and getting that bag.
We see it every single month..Some wrestler/wrestler's family is creating GoFundMe for funeral/insurance/medical/housing expenses and it's sad..Anyone in the IWC who says "don't go to WWE cause they won't use you right" is a millenial or too stupid to know how the real world works..

We see it every single month..Some wrestler/wrestler's family is creating GoFundMe for funeral/insurance/medical/housing expenses and it's sad..Anyone in the IWC who says "don't go to WWE cause they won't use you right" is a millenial or too stupid to know how the real world works..
It's funny that some in here still fail to see this.

It's funny that some in here still fail to see this.
I know..Ask Beautiful Bobby's family if they'd rather have him remembered as a "wrestler's wrestler" and "NWA tag team legend" that they need to have a gofundme to bury him or as a "guy who was a tag team wrestler in WWF" and he made enough money to retire on..

They should..Cause where they at now?..Does anybody give 2 sh**s about either guy currently?..Kota got that pity title run and Buick LeSabre is....Does anyone even know if ZSJ is even still alive??..

I def don't understand why they don't give Kota a sustained title run.
Guy is fan favorite. Is it because he's soft and always hurt?

Series of videos based off of the Nintendo 64 game WWF No Mercy mod called WCW Feel The Bang by the fans of the AKI wrestling games located at the AKI Live forums.
(1) WCW Feel The Bang - YouTube

Peep Game Peep Game Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee

They should..Cause where they at now?..Does anybody give 2 sh**s about either guy currently?..Kota got that pity title run and Buick LeSabre is....Does anyone even know if ZSJ is even still alive??..
Why you slandering my reckless husbando like this?

20210806_212435.jpg

Back
Top Bottom