Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

WCW Nitro:06/10/1996:
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=4068&page=2

Singles Match
Booker T vs. Scott Steiner
Excellent opener. Booker T was agile as hell during these early days and Scott Steiner was probably at his peak around this time. The finish was a little sudden but the fans got a good opening match here.

Singles Match
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Jim Powers
DDP was playing from behind most of the match, which was weird considering he was the heel. Jim Powers looked solid here but we knew how this was going to end. DDP was still figuring out the proper hand placement for the Diamond Cutter as it still looks robotic here.

Singles Match
Sting vs. Meng
I was expecting a little more from Meng here. I would have expected this match to flow like the DDP/Jim Powers match with Sting fighting from underneath.

Singles Match
Jim Duggan vs. Squire David Taylor (w/Jeeves)
I honestly was dozing off here. The 2 hour Nitro got to me at this point.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Scott Norton
2nd week in a row Scott Norton gets fed to The Big Giant. I seriously don’t understand the motive here.

Singles Match
Lord Steven Regal (w/Jeeves) vs. Billy Kidman
Hmm, Kidman attempted a 450 Splash. Interesting. I’ve always wondered why he had that move in Revenge. Now I know why.

Tag Team Match
The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags) vs. The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock)
I said months ago that I wasn’t going to touch Nasty Boys vs. PE matches. That rules still stands. Garbage nonsense.

WCW World Tag Team Title Match
Lex Luger & Sting (c) vs. The Four Horsemen (Arn Anderson & Ric Flair) (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman)
I wasn’t expecting a clean finish but the Giant run-in still annoyed me. The pattern of non-finishes continues for these MaiN Events. Why not just book someone that can eat a pin instead of pulling this nonsense? The fans were behind Lex though and they were tearing Big Giant’s a** up with those hard chairs.

Post Show Promo
Things are picking up with Hall/Nash. The fans are starting to catch on with them at this point as well.

Cool moments. Good lead-up to the PPV. Luger has momentum. We get to see Rey debut vs. Dean. Looking forward to the show.

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
Bad Moon Rison Bad Moon Rison
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

WCW Nitro:06/10/1996:
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=4068&page=2

Singles Match
Booker T vs. Scott Steiner
Excellent opener. Booker T was agile as hell during these early days and Scott Steiner was probably at his peak around this time. The finish was a little sudden but the fans got a good opening match here.

Singles Match
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Jim Powers
DDP was playing from behind most of the match, which was weird considering he was the heel. Jim Powers looked solid here but we knew how this was going to end. DDP was still figuring out the proper hand placement for the Diamond Cutter as it still looks robotic here.

Singles Match
Sting vs. Meng
I was expecting a little more from Meng here. I would have expected this match to flow like the DDP/Jim Powers match with Sting fighting from underneath.

Singles Match
Jim Duggan vs. Squire David Taylor (w/Jeeves)
I honestly was dozing off here. The 2 hour Nitro got to me at this point.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Scott Norton
2nd week in a row Scott Norton gets fed to The Big Giant. I seriously don’t understand the motive here.

Singles Match
Lord Steven Regal (w/Jeeves) vs. Billy Kidman
Hmm, Kidman attempted a 450 Splash. Interesting. I’ve always wondered why he had that move in Revenge. Now I know why.

Tag Team Match
The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags) vs. The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock)
I said months ago that I wasn’t going to touch Nasty Boys vs. PE matches. That rules still stands. Garbage nonsense.

WCW World Tag Team Title Match
Lex Luger & Sting (c) vs. The Four Horsemen (Arn Anderson & Ric Flair) (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman)
I wasn’t expecting a clean finish but the Giant run-in still annoyed me. The pattern of non-finishes continues for these MaiN Events. Why not just book someone that can eat a pin instead of pulling this nonsense? The fans were behind Lex though and they were tearing Big Giant’s a** up with those hard chairs.

Post Show Promo
Things are picking up with Hall/Nash. The fans are starting to catch on with them at this point as well.

Cool moments. Good lead-up to the PPV. Luger has momentum. We get to see Rey debut vs. Dean. Looking forward to the show.

Booker T was so athletic at his peak that even when he did slow down, he still looked good. I’ve never got the feeling of him hanging around too long and getting stamped with a “washed” label like some other legends have.

Last edited:
6ogspkrd71f71.jpg

Back
Top Bottom