September Wrestling Thread 2021

Y'all really go way out the way to hate anything Jericho accomplished even when it documented lol.

"Why? Because **** em that's why!"

1629229604611.png

Danielson showed so much heart here.
Morishima used that extra weight to his advantage as any great champion would.
Not even mad at Danielson's offensive approach here as it was clearly effective.

Damn good match.

danger style danger style
Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
@Bad Moon Rison
@degenerate423
@Case
Peep Game Peep Game
@King of Trash Style
@JCMojica24

Nitro :06/17/1996:
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=4069&page=2

Singles Match
Rick Steiner vs. Stevie Ray
Good intro match here between the less popular brothers of their respective tag-teams. They did what they could here but I personally would have put the Malenko/Mysterio match in this slot and moved this match to later in the show.

Singles Match
Disco Inferno vs. Joe Gomez
Kevin SUllivan always told funny stories about Joe Gomez on the MLW Podcasts, hopefully those will resurface at some point. The fans reacted as if they knew who Gomez was during his entrance and Disco did a great job of creating “Cheap Heat.” SUrprise Roll-up victory by Gomez.

Tag Team Match
American Males (Marcus Alexander Bagwell & Scotty Riggs) vs. The Four Horsemen (Arn Anderson & Chris Benoit)
Benoit really made a statement during this match. He really turned the corner after that great performance vs. Sullivan on the PPV. Arn kinda moved out of the way and let Benoit do his thing. The AMercan Males put up a noble fight but this match was all about Benoit showing promise.

Singles Match
John Tenta vs. Big Bubba (w/Jimmy Hart)
Nothing much to see here as we basically got what we got from the GAB from these two.

Singles Match
Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair (w/Debra McMichael, Miss Elizabeth & Woman)
Great intensity shown here by Macho Man but what else should we expect from a man that was on the shelf for the last 6 weeks. I really enjoyed this match even with the interference

WCW World Cruiserweight Title Match
Dean Malenko (c) vs. Rey Misterio Jr.
Nice return match here but the fans didn’t seem to be that much into it. We saw a few spots that we didn’t see at the GAB 96. Maybe the fans were burned out from the previous Savage/Flair match.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Scott Steiner
Dominant performance by The Big Giant. Scott Steiner had a brief moment where he showed some fire but The Giant cut that off. The wooden chair looks painful. I wonder why they have used them over the last 2 weeks with these two. But yea, WCW has done a great job of making The Giant look unstoppable.
1. Nah, that wasn't Test man. That was Maxx Payne.

2. I agree with the point about the Sullivan/Benoit feud flourishing because there was real life heat between the two.

3. The Regal/Sting feud started from some altercation on WCW Saturday Night. (Hopefully we get that at some point on The NBC Network)

4. Bubba vs. Tenta: Waste of time.

5. I felt the same about the Luger/Giant match. It felt like it was just there and I was ready for the card to be OVER at that point. I could only imagine how the in-arena audience felt.
I guess I'm one week ahead. Are we sticking to just the PPV for the week that there is one? I'd actually prefer this instea of a 3 hour PPV followed by a 2 hour Nitro. And Whi the F was Maxx Payne? :rofl:
NTWT hasn’t the biggest turnover in posters :lol:
I'm making cuts left and right papi. Couple of new jobbers in here lately that I'm keeping an eye on.
I'm confused on SummerFest being before Takeover this weekend.
Nothing makes sense in WWE world anymore.

Back
Top Bottom