September Wrestling Thread 2021

:emoji_thinking:

F52568E6-725F-45E3-B46D-06D628E992FC.png

-Sigh- Stop it. You know what we're saying. All In was put on by the AEW crew before it was AEW, and was the catalyst for AEW becoming official 4 months later. Yes, DoN was the first ppv branded as AEW, but All In/Out going forward was booked in the same place by the same people on the same weekend every year. You're nitpicking and you know it.

-Sigh- Stop it. You know what we're saying. All In was put on by the AEW crew before it was AEW, and was the catalyst for AEW becoming official 4 months later. Yes, DoN was the first ppv branded as AEW, but All In/Out going forward was booked in the same place by the same people on the same weekend every year. You're nitpicking and you know it.
I totally get what you're saying, but is IT actually fair to say that All In is an A&W ppv though? Half of that card is wrestlers that have never stepped foot in A&W before. IT is/was an "independent" supershow. And yes, IT was put organized by Cody Roads.

I guess I just didn't realize that All Out was their flagship PPV after they had to change the name? Is this something that is widely known?

I also had thought A&W did both All In and All Out every year, but apparently that's not the case :lol:

I totally get what you're saying, but is IT actually fair to say that All In is an A&W ppv though? Half of that card is wrestlers that have never stepped foot in A&W before. IT is/was an "independent" supershow. And yes, IT was put organized by Cody Roads.

I guess I just didn't realize that All Out was their flagship PPV after they had to change the name? Is this something that is widely known?

Honestly, I just figured it was kinda accepted by most folks that know the history. All In to Double or Nothing, then back to All Out in the same building on the same weekend a year later. Yes there were a ton of folks there like Okada, Scurll, etc, but pretty much every single one of the original AEW crew was there, and it was Jericho's first appearance with that group. If I remember correctly, a lot of it was also built up on BTE, if that matters.

oh wow daniel garcia beat matt sydal with the sharpshooter. i was ready to talk **** cuz i thought he was gonna job to sydal day before he faces moxley 😂 good **** aew

Well this should go over well :lol: :

Roman Reigns is going to defend the Universal championship against John Cena this Saturday, Aug. 21, at SummerSlam 2021.

Cena is no longer the face that runs the place. He is now one of the part-timers that he used to criticize a decade ago when he was preparing to face The Rock at WrestleMania 28. WWE has doubled down on nostalgia acts taking up main event slots on the biggest shows of the year. Just look at this SummerSlam card, where in addition to Cena competing in the main event, Goldberg is challenging for the WWE championship, and Edge is going to war with Seth Rollins.

When CM Punk explained why he left WWE in early 2014, one thing he pointed out was his frustration with being booked to lose against part-timers like The Rock, Brock Lesnar, and Undertaker in 2013. Ariel Helwani referenced Punk’s frustration when asking Roman Reigns how he feels about a part-timer like Cena coming in and taking a main event spot at SummerSlam this weekend. Roman said he can see both sides of the debate, but he took a shot at CM Punk while doing so:

“I can see it from both perspectives, but I think you said it before, that the high tide raises all the boats, right? Everybody benefits...but I think, man those statements are coming from bitter people, who possibly thought they were better than they really were. When it comes down to it, CM Punk was not as good or as over as a John Cena. Wasn’t as good or as over and moved the needle like The Rock. It just was what it was. From a full-time performer I understand the frustration and wanting more, but like I said before, you got to take it.
“I’m a full-time performer, but I’ve done everything that needs to be done to stay in this position...to continue to make the opportunity for myself, to be in a main event at SummerSlam against a John Cena.”

Well this should go over well :lol: :

Roman Reigns is going to defend the Universal championship against John Cena this Saturday, Aug. 21, at SummerSlam 2021.

Cena is no longer the face that runs the place. He is now one of the part-timers that he used to criticize a decade ago when he was preparing to face The Rock at WrestleMania 28. WWE has doubled down on nostalgia acts taking up main event slots on the biggest shows of the year. Just look at this SummerSlam card, where in addition to Cena competing in the main event, Goldberg is challenging for the WWE championship, and Edge is going to war with Seth Rollins.

When CM Punk explained why he left WWE in early 2014, one thing he pointed out was his frustration with being booked to lose against part-timers like The Rock, Brock Lesnar, and Undertaker in 2013. Ariel Helwani referenced Punk’s frustration when asking Roman Reigns how he feels about a part-timer like Cena coming in and taking a main event spot at SummerSlam this weekend. Roman said he can see both sides of the debate, but he took a shot at CM Punk while doing so:

I don’t think this means much coming from him.

Back
Top Bottom