Serious question: Do Caucasians really not use washcloths? vol. Dave Chappelle "Trading Spouses"

My girl copped me a loofah. Worked pretty well. Might have to make that switch. It's better at scrubbing.

laugh.gif
you guys are too funny... by your logic, you would be best using sand paper and bleach and get clean.

I mean - how clean is clean enough? i don't smell, i'm not diseased... yet you're telling me i'm dirty?

look guys - you're not going to ever be "clean", we live in a world of bacteria. To think that you're somehow "cleaner" than thenext man because you scrub your skin to death with industrial grade cleaning tools is just silly - nobody is that clean, and relatively speaking.

So just do you - whatever keeps you smelling and looking fresh, that's fine.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
you guys are too funny... by your logic, you would be best using sand paper and bleach and get clean.

I mean - how clean is clean enough? i don't smell, i'm not diseased... yet you're telling me i'm dirty?

look guys - you're not going to ever be "clean", we live in a world of bacteria. To think that you're somehow "cleaner" than the next man because you scrub your skin to death with industrial grade cleaning tools is just silly - nobody is that clean, and relatively speaking.

grin.gif
naww don't try to laugh this one off and use a anextreme analogy. You're supposed have some kinda friction to clean your body...be serious. would you clean anything else with itself? See how dumb thatsounds..."I'm gonna clean my body with my body...just add soap and water"
sick.gif
A wash cloth will remove wayyyy more dirt/deadskin than your hands. It'snot like you gotta scrub hard either. I'm really worried about some off ya'll. Like I said you might smell good but you ain't clean.

http://skincare.about.com/b/2009/01/07/next-time-you-hit-the-shower-grab-a-washcloth.htm#
Next Time You Hit the Shower - Grab a Washcloth!

Wednesday January 7, 2009

I was perusing some of our Beauty guide Julyne's articles last night and came across Simple Face-Washing Tip: Use a Washcloth.
I can't remember the last time I used a washcloth on my face. I simply cleanse or exfoliate with my fingertips and rinse it off with the shower water. But seeing all of the comments from women in their 60's with beautiful skin who have been using washcloths their whole life, I decided to give it a try. Plus, Julyne's always spot on with her advice.
What a difference! My skin felt freshly exfoliated even though I was only using a gentle cream cleanser. It's the perfect way to ensure you get a gentle even exfoliation on a daily basis. After one try, I'm hooked!
Next time you hit the shower, wash your face with your regular cleanser and a washcloth and see the difference. Then, report back and let me know what you think.
more evidence but none of ya'll answered my question....

Why do nurses that bathe elderly and disabled people use washclothes? Realtalk there is no reason to say using just hands is better. All you can say is"it's enough" which is crazy because using a washcloth doesn't make you OCD.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

laugh.gif

look guys - you're not going to ever be "clean", we live in a world of bacteria. To think that you're somehow "cleaner" than the next man because you scrub your skin to death with industrial grade cleaning tools is just silly - nobody is that clean, and relatively speaking.

grin.gif
naww don't try to laugh this one off and use a an extreme analogy. You're supposed have some kinda friction to clean your body...be serious. would you clean anything else with itself? See how dumb that sounds..."I'm gonna clean my body with my body...just add soap and water"
sick.gif
A wash cloth will remove wayyyy more dirt/deadskin than your hands. It's not like you gotta scrub hard either. I'm really worried about some off ya'll. Like I said you might smell good but you ain't clean.

- Q&HFT&E

realtalk all i use is water....dont even use soap unless im proper kickin
laugh.gif

couple brushes to buff the skin every now and then and thats it. keepin it au naturele ftw
pimp.gif

I dont use washclothes, I use the exploliating scrubber. If you use pure soap thats nasty.
roll.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif
naww don't try to laugh this one off and use a an extreme analogy. You're supposed have some kinda friction to clean your body...be serious. would you clean anything else with itself? See how dumb that sounds..."I'm gonna clean my body with my body...just add soap and water"
sick.gif
A wash cloth will remove wayyyy more dirt/deadskin than your hands. It's not like you gotta scrub hard either. I'm really worried about some off ya'll. Like I said you might smell good but you ain't clean.
How are you judging if someone is clean if not by how they look and smell? what are you taking skin samples and running tests?
laugh.gif
you sound like a *#%+$%+ nut-job dude.

laugh.gif

grin.gif
sick.gif
How are you judging if someone is clean if not by how they look and smell? what are you taking skin samples and running tests?
laugh.gif

I'm saying that because dudes sayin "im clean with just my hands" feel that way because they smell good after a shower. They have washed some ofthe dirt off but not as much as they could have.

laugh.gif

grin.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I'm saying that because dudes sayin "im clean with just my hands" feel that way because they smell good after a shower. They have washed some of the dirt off but not as much as they could have.
which goes back to my point, how do you determine how clean is clean enough? even with your fancy loofahs and washcloths, you're not gettingevery little germ and particle of dirt off of you... so how YOU determine if you're clean is up to YOU. As far as i'm concerned, if people around melook clean and smell clean, that's clean enough for me.

Apparently not for you though, who sniffs all his friends down and checks behind all their ears.
grin.gif

^
its just better for your skin if its not covered in dead skin. i always (until 2 weeks ago) just used soap and water in the shower but after going to a turkishbath in turkey and seeing the attendant make a face and show me the clothe that was used to clean my body i instantly switched. i had tons of dead skin cause inever scrubbed with something. try using a washcloth. youll like the results.

laugh.gif

grin.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I'm saying that because dudes sayin "im clean with just my hands" feel that way because they smell good after a shower. They have washed some of the dirt off but not as much as they could have.
which goes back to my point, how do you determine how clean is clean enough? even with your fancy loofahs and washcloths, you're not getting every little germ and particle of dirt off of you... so how YOU determine if you're clean is up to YOU. As far as i'm concerned, if people around me look clean and smell clean, that's clean enough for me.

Apparently not for you though, who sniffs all his friends down and checks behind all their ears.
grin.gif

pigpen2hc.jpg

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

^
its just better for your skin if its not covered in dead skin. i always (until 2 weeks ago) just used soap and water in the shower but after going to a turkish bath in turkey and seeing the attendant make a face and show me the clothe that was used to clean my body i instantly switched. i had tons of dead skin cause i never scrubbed with something. try using a washcloth. youll like the results.
i grew up on a washcloth, i've tried the loofah... not a fan of either anymore. what can i say, i'm clean enough for my liking. i justwon't ever come over to any of your houses?

soap only washes away dirt and grime. wash cloths and lofas exfoliate the skin getting rid of the excess necrosed skin. This isn't rocket science! Keepwashin yo A%% and you will be fine but every once in a while exfoliate to get rid of that dead skin so the good healthy stuff is on top.
wink.gif

edit:
roll.gif
to all the coments in this thread though. had me at work dying

laugh.gif

grin.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

which goes back to my point, how do you determine how clean is clean enough? even with your fancy loofahs and washcloths, you're not getting every little germ and particle of dirt off of you... so how YOU determine if you're clean is up to YOU. As far as i'm concerned, if people around me look clean and smell clean, that's clean enough for me.

grin.gif

pigpen2hc.jpg

laugh.gif

...oh and
laugh.gif
@ another extreme analogy. you'd be better of saying ilike being dirty, and leave it at that. "sniffs all his friends down and checks behind all their ears"....yeah okay
eyes.gif

- speaking of EPIC threads like this one, someone needs to bring back that "what did your parents tell you about other races"

Loofahs are appreciated, although a breeding ground for bacteria and if you live with someone else chances are they are going to use it. or at least get alltheir dirty off-spary on it. If it came in a case it'd be SOLID

you guys know... just cause you dont use a washcloth, doesnt mean the soap straight up touches your butt.

soap goes on the hand, you put the bar back in the dish, and you apply... simple as that

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by marath0n

My girl copped me a loofah. Worked pretty well. Might have to make that switch. It's better at scrubbing.

Which kind are you using?

It's not even a brand. Just an average loofah. It lowkey scrapes you. Definitely cleans better than a washcloth. I'm a believer.

Washcloth =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Loofah =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hands/Soap =
sick.gif
sick.gif