Serious Topic: For those of you who live in the hood.......

Primavera Vills wrote:
I'm from the 'hood 'hood, but my mom moved us out when I was goin' to be a senior in HS. I was in one 'hood 'hood from birth to 6, then moved to the projects/'hood 'hood and lived there until I was 17. I've seen a lot and I've done some things, but the best way to keep your mind clear is to stay focused in the books. Me? I wasn't that focused in the books, and it didn't make it any better that when I came home from school, my mom and dad worked.....so it was just me and my sister until around 8:30.

GTEK wrote:
I didnt really realize that I used to live in the "hood" until I moved out went to school across town.
There is nothing I could really post that would tell you how it feels. I mean
of course you had your drug spots and dudes hanging out in the road till 3 at night
smh.gif

but it really was home to me. Its more of a mental thing if you ask me.
I never sold drugs or killed someone in my life. But most of the people that
I grew up with back then def have made some bad decisions.
Thanks to my parental guidance I was able to "survive"
The truth is trouble and evil is everywhere.
This may sound a little snobbish but most of the time
If you just mind your own business you will make out alright.

My friend, truer words have rarely been spoken. One friend dead and one doing hard time (charged as an adult) before high school. One dude hadthree kids by age 16. Personally witnessed more than one violent death live and in living color. So I went into a shell. Older I got, the more I kept tomyself. I didn't know what else to do but study and play sports. But if you were from the block and not doing something positive, I didn't have timefor you. So, yeah, I'm arrogant. I'm stuck up. Because I didn't spend time dicing it up with you. Cause I didn't "wanna make somecheese?" So hate me. I'm unphased. I've worked more than anyone will ever know and did it legit. I got my family out and I'm making a movethat in a month will have me out. Permanently. For good. Stay tuned...

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Originally Posted by Ricasho

u better move ur @%* to northern VA or MD. D.C is hood capital. Place is too +@!%+$ up. Winter will be more calm, but Summer is always its worst time.

Winter is Real In D.C. too... Don't get it twisted MD isn't too much better... Well at least not P.G. County. Winter is robbing season...

THIS... I dare a bamma to get caught around here on the southside trying to stunt with a brand new Northface on and some Nike boots.... @!# will be walkinghome catching frostbite... I've seen it with my own two eyes...

i live and have always stayed in the hood, all my fam and friends stay in a specific area oof 3rd ward called "Los Ward" and for the most part mostof the people sell drugs and basically do dirt on a regular. this is my block but i dont actually live there anymore i stay right around the corner in a newlybuilt house that my mother had built before she went to prison. i try to stay away from my block though since i been on probation cause it aint nothing buttrouble cause the laws jump out almost every day
eek.gif
but i try to stay my behind at my house with a female to occupy my time until i find a job. the house isthe safest place for me to be because i dnt need anymore trouble. real talk!

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...dhHjSxL5dKg&cbp=12,43.7,,0,-5.54&source=embed

my house...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...oid=LiAIO2ntxEfEeqjoNHe3Fg&cbp=12,132.47,,0,5

my block.
do a 360 and thats the hood im from lol 3400 Jefferson Block Boyz out there posted up hittin licz while the google maps truck came through.
roll.gif

Ive stayed in the hood from elementary up until high school...Ive seen a lot and done some %*@% myself, but I always say it depends on your home my mom stayedon my @#% about school and hell eventually she sent me to a predominately white school after I saw how nice the area was I like staying at school more thancoming home...it takes a good up bringing to stay level headed..me personally no matter what dirt I did I always said I would go to college and leave the BSbehind

Tv kind of over exaggerates things also...not all hoods are "the wire" the majority of them are weak when it comes to crime.....you just have the fewthat stand out, that really are like war zones...I stayed in one hood where they had police trailers set up on the inside of the complex the %*@% wascrazy.....these really were the bricks...the floors were made out of tile bricks
laugh.gif
Ill never forget that place the biggest room was the bathroom....and ourapartment was a 1 bedroom with 6 people

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Born and raised in orange mound, memphis tn...stayed in the hood, projects, back 2 da hood til I was a junior in high school. The candy lady stayed right next door 2 us. It rly aint as bad as folk make it out 2 be. Its more of a don't cross me, don't get crossed type of thing. As kids, most of us all rode da same buses, or walked 2 school. To stay positive actually all depends on what's goin on in your home. For the most part, it was my ma, sis and me. Moms worked 2 jobs, so we was at home a lot alone. these were the days when the quote "it takes village 2 raise a child" made u think twice. It has its ups and downs. 1st time I saw sme1 get killed I was like 8. U heard the gun shots every other night or so. Fights goin on in the middle of the night. It was always some entertainment.

no explanation needed i kno exactly who/what you talkin about! im a faithful first 48 watcher.
eek.gif
and yeah its basically da same in my hood, always fights and whatnot, but itaint been a whole lot of murders in my hood this year. {good thing} but the crime rate is still rising
frown.gif
robbery,rapes,DRUGS,prostituting,etc...

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

why are all these little kids so enamored by the hood

its not cool kids turn off the TV

I live in a suburb, but my family and I were born and raised in Mexico City.

These white boys, mexicans, and black kids who grow up here with all the peace and quite have the mentality that the hood is cool. The hood ain't cool, Iwas talking to my family yesterday, cousins I grew up with and their life's not good over there, but they try.

I love that i'm out of the hood, while I was there a man was killed while babysitting me (i don't remember it), my uncle took a bottle to the face(nearly died), and my grandpops was shot in the throat by some stick up kids (he survived).

But I disgress, I think it depends on the person. Some live it out and go about their lives, some with fear. Some join the vices and evils of the hood forwhatever reason. Then there's those who work to get out of there.

Back
Top Bottom