SERIOUSLY... Has Anyone Ever Met a Black Man Named...

I got a cousin named Toby but I've only seen him a few times. Last time I seen him was like 15 years ago and I just remember him being ashy.

I got a cousin named Toby but I've only seen him a few times. Last time I seen him was like 15 years ago and I just remember him being ashy.

Originally Posted by hellaones

interesting... why would ANYBODY in your (assuming) BLACK family name their son toby? did they not take into account the stigma?

Originally Posted by hellaones

interesting... why would ANYBODY in your (assuming) BLACK family name their son toby? did they not take into account the stigma?

yeah, dude named Toby used to frequent the same ball court I used to go to.

dude loved Scottie Pippen. he balled in a different Pippen jersey every time
laugh.gif
Bulls, Blazers, Olympic jersey, he had them all

yeah, dude named Toby used to frequent the same ball court I used to go to.

dude loved Scottie Pippen. he balled in a different Pippen jersey every time
laugh.gif
Bulls, Blazers, Olympic jersey, he had them all

I know a Nigerian Tobi... dude is so annoying though.
30t6p3b.gif
Fake tough guy word to Chris Bosh

I know a Nigerian Tobi... dude is so annoying though.
30t6p3b.gif
Fake tough guy word to Chris Bosh

I took this thought for granted. I kinda just assumed I did but all those times it was movies or t.v.

My uncle name is Tobias but I don't think that counts. I met a girl named Kizzy though.

I took this thought for granted. I kinda just assumed I did but all those times it was movies or t.v.

My uncle name is Tobias but I don't think that counts. I met a girl named Kizzy though.

Why is Toby more offensive than all the other slave master given names because of "roots"? If your name is Trent, Malcom, Barry technically these are still slave master given names. Unless your name is Onuoha Akinyele Anyoku....thread PHALE.

Why is Toby more offensive than all the other slave master given names because of "roots"? If your name is Trent, Malcom, Barry technically these are still slave master given names. Unless your name is Onuoha Akinyele Anyoku....thread PHALE.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I met a girl named Kizzy though.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

there you go over thinking ++++... it was a SIMPLE question, CLEARLY toby has THAT stigma yet you choose to be difficult, why? smh

eek.gif

there you go over thinking ++++... it was a SIMPLE question, CLEARLY toby has THAT stigma yet you choose to be difficult, why? smh

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

eek.gif

Overthinking or the truth? In real life I'm sure there were slaves who had their African names changed to Christian names like Peter, Paul, etc. If you're a black person with these names it should be equally as offensive.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

eek.gif

Overthinking or the truth? In real life I'm sure there were slaves who had their African names changed to Christian names like Peter, Paul, etc. If you're a black person with these names it should be equally as offensive.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom