Seriously, how do YOU deal with ignorant people (music related)?

[Vent] First off, let me say that I'm a senior in high school at a private school that is 98% white (literally, there are like 500 kids, maybe 10 of whichare black). So, today, in computer class, there are these two kids who think that they are so knowledgeable in hip hop because "all they listen to isblack people music (
indifferent.gif
)". One of the kids who is sort of an acquaintance/friend, states to the people around me/us that I think Nas is better than Weezy.Then a couple other kids chime in and start trying to make jokes because I think Nas is a better artist than Wayne. There's really no use in arguing withthem, because they're so dumb and it's 3 on 1, yet all they do is try to say the dumbest crap about how Wayne is so damn great and Nas "only hasone good song". Then, since I was letting one of them use my computer/iTunes to burn a CD, they just started going through my library and making fun ofsome of the artists I have in there (speaking of which, when they came across Cormega, they didn't even know who that was). I just did my best to ignorethem while they were having their fun because I didn't feel like acting childish and saying something dumb or starting an argument. They really started tomake me angry, though. So, my question to all of you, is, when you encounter idiots like these in your everyday life, how do you put up with the stupid @##$that they say? [/Vent]

Ignore 'em.

It's usually hard, since they're everywhere, but trying to have a rational discussion about Hip-Hop with those cats is impossible, and you get nowhere.

laugh.gif

Slap the
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
outta them.

If somebody tells me Wayne is better then Nas then I just tell 'em "You right." and keep it movin'.

If they make a point of tryin' to talk to me about it I tell 'em i'm not in the mood.

If they persist, ... well... see the first line.

dude, that's 95-percent of the NT music board aka the only ones who i think are buying wayne's crappy music. hell, i think they're buying 5 and 6copies of wayne's stuff to keep him at the status he is at because if people really woke up, they'd see that LIL WAYNE IS TRASH.

just do what itsgettinhot says. refer to line 1.

I just leave it along I hear these down south cats come to me all day like "Wayne is better than Jay z" I just keep it moving

First off, let me say that I'm a senior in high school at a private school that is 98% white (literally, there are like 500 kids, maybe 10 of which are black).

This point is irrelevant to your point.

I went to probably an 80% white private school. Most of the kids who were saying Lil Wayne, Dipset, and other mainstream rap were the best artists were theblack kids. The only people at my school who appreciated good rap like Nas, Jay, Wu Tang, etc. was the white kids.

So don't try to make it seem like white people like bad music and black people don't.

I know the feeling. I go to school down here in Baton Rouge, a place where if you don't think Wayne is the GOAT you're out of your mind. But hell, thatgoes for most of the south (i'm from Houston btw). You should just ignore them and walk away. There's no convincing some of these dudes.

P.S.- Wayne SUCKS

I honestly try to over power thier views with facts.

Im currently near miami and being from Ny, you cant even imagine how many arguements i get in with these people lol.
\
Sometimes i win, but Lil Wayne is god around here of course

Originally Posted by king jay XI

give 'em Illmatic

you must not have been in high school for a minute...very few people check that far back

best thing u can do is keep it moving

I was probably the only person in my high school who knew who Nas was.

Just make sure to assert your music knowledge superiority on a regular basis, sooner or later the lames quit trying to engage you directly, and some of themwill come to you for help breaking the cycle.

Originally Posted by mace40

Just make sure to assert your music knowledge superiority on a regular basis, sooner or later the lames quit trying to engage you directly, and some of them will come to you for help breaking the cycle.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah, just ignore them. Some people on NT say that almost EVERYTHING is overrated.

After a while you just don't even take it serious.

Sometimes I would just say to those people "Yeah you're right, Wayne is twice as better than Jay
indifferent.gif
." So it just ends right there.

In H.S. I could never tell someone Wayne wasn't the best in the game. (I don't even hate Wayne.)

I assert my elitist views on everyone I know. I've caused at least 10 of my friends to start listening to metal/metalcore/hardcore.

But in your case, if you want to win this kind of argument you need to prove how inferior Wayne is to Nas. Shouldn't be too hard if you know your $@%%.

arguing opinions is a waste of time. if its not affecting you just keep it movin. itd be just like arguing over wheter blue is a better color than green. theyhave their reasons, you have yours, dont let it raise your blood pressure cause in the end no one ever really changes how they feel.

I know what your talking about. I do my best to ignore people like this. It's painful when you relize how musicaly deprived those kind of people are.

Them thinkin Nas only got one good song is enough to kno there's no use in arguing. All these kids kno is weezy. Smh.

Originally Posted by DonCoryson

I assert my elitist views on everyone I know. I've caused at least 10 of my friends to start listening to metal/metalcore/hardcore.

But in your case, if you want to win this kind of argument you need to prove how inferior Wayne is to Nas. Shouldn't be too hard if you know your $@%%.
me too, its made me a bad person, but S!!! i dont have time to hear about Wayne ( i like his music) jimmy, cam, etc bein better then my favoriterappers.

Just say, "My favorite rapper doesn't kiss dudes. Why does your's?".

Just ignore them dude ... I had a friend who said Bow wow was better than Jay-Z ... their lose if they can't appreciate quality music.

Back
Top Bottom