***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Originally Posted by JPZx

Are you guys aware that you're not going to make the playoffs or do you still have far-fetched hope?
nerd.gif

Sorry if I burst the bubble
embarassed.gif
You're bursting no bubble here. We're aware.
laugh.gif

Damn that poll surprises me a lot. It would be nice if the voters feel the same way.
laugh.gif

Can you imagine him going into arbitration with back-to-back Cy Youngs under he belt?
eek.gif

I've been back from NY since Friday. I just haven't really been on NT too much. It was awesome watching Giants games in NY though. Playing beer pongwhile watching the Giants at midnight is awesome. I can only imagine how *%%%%! it would be though if I wasn't on vacation.

Eastern Standard Time ftw on weekends

Eastern Standard Time ftl on weekdays

No false hope for that guy over there:

<------------------------

If we resign Sabean after the season, I am going to be livid. Mid pennant race, we trade for $*%$%% !#*!$!+ Garko, and a hurt Freddy Sanchez. Brilliant Sabean.Every other contender improves, we make our team worse. Great. %*%@ You Sabean. Thanks for wasting a potentially special season. (sorry the mini rant isbecause I havent had much computer access the last 2 days and found out that Sanchez has a torn meniscus)

I can somehow see the season coming down to the final game, just to have our hopes crushes, a la 1993.

Actually, no. You have to win games to have the possibility to reduce the rockies lead.
%+#! SABEAN! I've said it all year while some of you have defended and applauded the man...he is utter thrash. Even if Neukom lets him go, his imprint willbe here in the near future via Zito's, Rowand's, and Renteria's contracts.
Sanchez's injury is just the icing on the cake....trading for an aging and injured 2b, and worse yet, we had our own damn medics examine him and they stillwent ahead with the trade....and now it looks like they won't even pick up his option. So we wasted our #2 pitching prospect and paid $4 mil for a playerwho only played in half of the games since the trade went down....well done, Sabean.

oh yeah, Sanchez knew he needed surgery before he got traded....kudos to the pirates for pulling that trade off, and not having to give a dime to the giants.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

I can somehow see the season coming down to the final game, just to have our hopes crushes, a la 1993.

No shot. If the Rockies go 5-5 the rest of the way (which is a very very optimistic guess), we would need to go 9-1 just to tie. Its not happening boys. Timefor the offseason thread.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

Sanchez's injury is just the icing on the cake....trading for an aging and injured 2b, and worse yet, we had our own damn medics examine him and they still went ahead with the trade....and now it looks like they won't even pick up his option. So we wasted our #2 pitching prospect and paid $4 mil for a player who only played in half of the games since the trade went down....well done, Sabean.
Where did you read/hear that?

Originally Posted by dland24

No shot. If the Rockies go 5-5 the rest of the way (which is a very very optimistic guess), we would need to go 9-1 just to tie. Its not happening boys. Time for the offseason thread.
9-1 let alone the Rockies going 5-5
laugh.gif

Offseason thread is overdue.

Originally Posted by What up

I say there's a "20%" chance Sanchez is back next season.
I say 100% he will be back. I may be in the minority, but I like Sanchez,. If they don't pick up his option they will give him a multi-yearcontract for less money per. There is no way they are going to trade one of their best prospects for the 25 games or whatever they got out of himz. It will bea PR nightmare if he is not with the team next year. They will re-sign him just to try to save face.

So Sanchez will take a pay cut with open arms?

It's the Giants, they overpay for everyone.

P.S. That was a joke that you just ruined, Franchise.

Back
Top Bottom