***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

After watching the Giants today, I think they could contend in the West... They don't have a big time power hitter, but if they can pitch well and if theyget timely hitting, they could be right there. If Randy can hold up and if Zito shows any kind of consistency, the starting rotation is pretty good too...I'm looking forward to watching the los gigantes this year
pimp.gif

Aaron Rowand was just on KNBR and said that they were told the game was going to be delayed a couple of hours, but then had to rush to get ready when theyfound out they were starting on time. Rowand thinks that rushing combined with Opening Day jitters is what caused Lincecum's sub par start.

the kid killed me today in my fantasy league....how did he pitch so poorly...hopefully he bounces back

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

the kid killed me today in my fantasy league....how did he pitch so poorly...hopefully he bounces back
This could have explained it...
Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Aaron Rowand was just on KNBR and said that they were told the game was going to be delayed a couple of hours, but then had to rush to get ready when they found out they were starting on time. Rowand thinks that rushing combined with Opening Day jitters is what caused Lincecum's sub par start.

I'm going to miss Randy Johnson's first start tomorrow night because I have to go bowling for a rush event.
smh.gif

DVR ftw though.

Man, atleast everyone who lives in the bay area and has comcast is able to watch Giants games. I read that Comcast and dish network are having contractdisputes so there aren't any CSN channels out here in Sacramento. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I need to watch baseball!!!

Are you serious? I get both CSN California and Bay Area in Davis.
mad.gif
Is your provider Direct TV or Dish Network. I freaking livein West Sacramento, which is basically the next city over and I don't have CSN Bay Area...This blows.

And I suck in MLB The Show as well. Haha.

Lincecum proved to be unintentionally amusing as he expressed his intent to maintain perspective.

"I'll try to take it with a grain of rice and move on," he said.

Rice?

"Rice, salt, whatever. I'm half-Asian," Lincecum said.

Nice win today.
pimp.gif

Good sign that Timmy can pitch only three innings, have no control, and that the offensive can pick him up. Bullpen didn't look too bad also. (F you TylerWalker!)

patrickcakes, did you get your OMLB back from Posey? I got it today. Pretty happy.
Yeah, I got mine back also. Sweet spot in blue ink. Very happy getting it back.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Did you go to the team luncheon on Friday? A little pricey at $100+, but probably one of the best autograph opportunities all year. No lines or pushing andshoving. I asked RJ to please sweet spot my baseball, didn't say a word to me, and signed the side panel.
laugh.gif
It's all good though!

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Are you serious? I get both CSN California and Bay Area in Davis.
mad.gif
Is your provider Direct TV or Dish Network. I freaking live in West Sacramento, which is basically the next city over and I don't have CSN Bay Area...This blows.

And I suck in MLB The Show as well. Haha.
Comcast

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

patrickcakes, did you get your OMLB back from Posey? I got it today. Pretty happy.
Yeah, I got mine back also. Sweet spot in blue ink. Very happy getting it back.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Did you go to the team luncheon on Friday? A little pricey at $100+, but probably one of the best autograph opportunities all year. No lines or pushing and shoving. I asked RJ to please sweet spot my baseball, didn't say a word to me, and signed the side panel.
laugh.gif
It's all good though!
I didn't even know about the team luncheon. Was it just for season ticket holders? Who else did you get besides Randy Johnson?

At least it was Gallardo, i like seeing my Mexican people doing well in sports

Damn, Johnson got the HOOK early, he was doing so well. Just 1 mistake
ohwell.gif

Randy Johnson did well, IMO except for his belt high mistake to Gallardo. That did him in. Randy didn't get that ball high enough and it turned out to be abelt high fastball in the middle of the plate. Oh well. I'm encouraged to see him do well. I know Timmy's going to have a good season. Hopefully MattCain can come out strong tomorrow and we can get a win.

Whats up with this 4:05 start?

Is this going to be a regular occurrence, or is this special for opening week?

Randy did better than I thought he would, he left a few pitches up and obviously made a key mistake to the other pitcher (which shouldn't happen)....

eek.gif
Heard this on the broadcast today...

Barry Bonds' 2001 season:
476 AB, 73 HR

San Francisco Team 2008 season:
5,543 AB, 94 HR

I would say SF has changed a tad
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom