SHOTS FIRED! Police fatally shoot Guy with a crowbar outside of Carl's Jr. vol. 10 shots though?!?

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

He got tased right in the face but didn't do anything. Dude was most likely on something to withstand and not even be phased.

I was guessing the same thing, he was way to calm.

regardless of the story behind this..police officers abuse their power 99% of the time this is just a fatal example of a simple fact

I've been to that Carls Jr. before
eek.gif

Next, son gets popped and yall laughing?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

If the weapon was a gun thats a different story, hes charging your partner attempt to take him down, release the dog. Create space, so your not in that position hes close enough to do that. Do your job correctly and youd never have to pull that trigger, theyre trained for a reason. If this kind of situation ends like this your a poor excuse of an officer, point blank.
Exactly!  
The city of Monterey Park now has to deal with a legal lawsuit.  The police officer will be fired and prosecuted.  Protest and riots.  Media scrutiny. On and on and on all because this fat pig was trigger happy! 

These dudes are to weak minded to realize this though. Im not in his shoes because I didnt choose to be, but he did. Cops arent cowboys no one was in immediate danger, if you cant handle the situation you drag it out til back up arrives, you dont close in get close enough for one of you to be hit then shoot to kill. This isnt the old west and all of this was simply unacceptable.
This leads me to believe you didn't even watch the video. 
The immediate threat was there. There was no time to sit and react. Guns were ALREADY drawn and the consequences were made really clear. 

The assailant then chose to charge at an armed officer (who didn't even shoot him) with a deadly weapon. The partner had no choice but to shoot the assailant... the only thing left to discuss is why 10 rounds.. 

Originally Posted by straight kash

One shot should have been enough, maybe a few in the legs??

what i don't think a lot of people who are saying '10 shots was too much' don't realize that cops are trained that if they are going to shoot then they are going to shoot to kill. there's no shooting to disarm or shoot him to prevent him from charging anymore, when they pull the trigger they are aiming at center mass to kill.

this is justified, could it have been handled differently? of course, but the cops still had every right to do what they did.

Dude probably fired 10 rounds because he panicked, wasn't expecting to have to fire. But even if he was, if I was the cop and someone was about to swing a sledgehammer at MY partner, best believe they're catching multiple rounds to the chest.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Exactly!  
The city of Monterey Park now has to deal with a legal lawsuit.  The police officer will be fired and prosecuted.  Protest and riots.  Media scrutiny. On and on and on all because this fat pig was trigger happy! 

These dudes are to weak minded to realize this though. Im not in his shoes because I didnt choose to be, but he did. Cops arent cowboys no one was in immediate danger, if you cant handle the situation you drag it out til back up arrives, you dont close in get close enough for one of you to be hit then shoot to kill. This isnt the old west and all of this was simply unacceptable.
This leads me to believe you didn't even watch the video. 
The immediate threat was there. There was no time to sit and react. Guns were ALREADY drawn and the consequences were made really clear. 

The assailant then chose to charge at an armed officer (who didn't even shoot him) with a deadly weapon. The partner had no choice but to shoot the assailant... the only thing left to discuss is why 10 rounds.. 

I watched the video and clearly you are the one who cant comprehend. The threat was not there, until the officers closed in on him. No one was attacked, the only one in danger was the officer who put himself in that position. If you dont plan on disarming him why get that close? It took him roughly 3 steps to reach said officer, so why werent any proper tactics used? Wht was the dog there if they planned on getting that close before even releasing him to help take down this man. They went out there wild with complete disregard to what they have been shown to do, theres a reason not everyone makes it on the force, these two slipped through the cracks it seems

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Absolutely 100% justified. Cop had no other choice.

I wouldn't say all that, he definitely had other choices but I think based on the video it was justified

The only thing that would change my stance on this is if the cop really did shoot dude on the ground

Shooting the guy was justified, but it wasn't a 10 shot situation. he wasn't gonna do anything more after the 2nd shot he was falling.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Absolutely 100% justified. Cop had no other choice.

I wouldn't say all that, he definitely had other choices but I think based on the video it was justified

The only thing that would change my stance on this is if the cop really did shoot dude on the ground
At the point he fired he had no other recourse.

How can anyone comment on the amount of shots fired. In that situation with his adrenaline pumping in a possible life or death situation he squeezed that trigger until he saw the guy stop moving. The amount of shots fired doesn't really change my opinion of what happened.

The threat was not there, 
This is where we disagree.
I guess you'd rather wait until your partner gets smashed in the face to determine if the threat was evident or not.

Not me.

And for the record, the assailant didn't drop on the floor until the 7th or 8th round was fired.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

good riddance.
+1 police

+1 no innocent bystanders getting hurt
Someone did get hurt.  Those stray bullets could have easily killed someone. 
That's when the other officer opened fire, shooting the suspect five times. After he was down, according to ABC7, fire more rounds were heard coming from the cop's gune.

One round hit the sign of a neighboring Tommy's restaurant; a woman standing underneath sustained minor injuries.
[/url]

How can anyone comment on the amount of shots fired. In that situation with his adrenaline pumping in a possible life or death situation he squeezed that trigger until he saw the guy stop moving. The amount of shots fired doesn't really change my opinion of what happened.

It sort of stop being a life or death situation after the 3rd or 4th shot when the crowbar fell out of the guys hand.
I know the whole shoot to wound thing isnt their aim, but come on its not like the guy had a gun.

This is where we disagree. End of discussion. 

Lol your not my pops with that "end of discussion" talk bruh. Funny how you only highlited that and disregarded everything else which was directly acosiated with that. Great debate

if you watch the video, you can clearly see the guy cocking the sledgehammer back and getting ready to hit the other officer.

Sucks it had to end that way, but the cop seemed pretty justified.

The proper training for ANYONE who carries a gun is to shoot until your threat has been neutralized. That might mean 1 shot, or it might mean 15. Sure as hell doesn't mean shoot them in the leg and wait to see what their next action is before you decide whether or not your reaction was appropriate.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

It sort of stop being a life or death situation after the 3rd or 4th shot when the crowbar fell out of the guys hand.
I know the whole shoot to wound thing isnt their aim, but come on its not like the guy had a gun.

Do you think he actually counted how many shots he took or just squeezed until the guy stopped? Have you ever shot a gun? Under duress?
I'm sure getting beat with a crowbar feels no different than getting shot since both can cause death.

Maybe I'm tweaking, But I didn't see buddy swing that crowbar at all...Had he known that he was about to get popped 10 times I bet he would have though.

The Shooting was justified though, buddy charged at the officer....But I'm willing to bet that the Police falsified reports not knowing that Someone was filming the entire thing.

Lol your not my pops with that "end of discussion" talk bruh. Funny how you only highlited that and disregarded everything else which was directly acosiated with that. Great debate
end of discussion as in we have different viewpoints of the situation. Apparently you think the whole thing can be magically avoided somehow and it was the officers themselves who called this dude up and told him to smash windows with a deadly weapon inside a family restaurant. 
ya... not really.

Cops did what they had to do. They neutralized a public threat while giving the assailant every possible opportunity to concede his position until he proceeded to move forward against a police officer, guns drawn.

I guess you'd rather wait until your partner gets smashed in the face to determine if the threat was evident or not.

Not me.

And for the record, the assailant didn't drop on the floor until the 7th or 8th round was fired.

No im more of the release the dog before my partners close enough to get bashed kinda guy, tazer a guy more then once kinda guy, wait for backup if I cant control a situation kinda guy, of course I cant control my partners recklesness but im not the kinda guy whod make excuses for it either. Your talking as if dude appeared out of no where in good enough position to pose this threat.

He deserves to get shot, but 10 shots though? Can;t shoot 1-2x in the leg so it won't be fatal?

These guys are trained.

end of discussion as in we have different viewpoints of the situation. Apparently you think the whole thing can be magically avoided somehow and it was the officers themselves who called this dude up and told him to smash windows with a deadly weapon inside a family restaurant. 
ya... not really.

Cops did what they had to do. They neutralized a public threat while giving the assailant every possible opportunity to concede his position until he proceeded to move forward against a police officer, guns drawn.

So he was a threat to peoples windows, and ended up losing his life? Clearly unavoidable lol. You right let me just stop here my good man

Not me.

No im more of the release the dog before my partners close enough to get bashed kinda guy, tazer a guy more then once kinda guy, wait for backup if I cant control a situation kinda guy, of course I cant control my partners recklesness but im not the kinda guy whod make excuses for it either. Your talking as if dude appeared out of no where in good enough position to pose this threat.
Tazers only have one charge, and it was already used. If you look closely, the officer with the tazer reached to get another charge of some sort after the first one failed. The assailant moved forward... and that same officer dropped everything and also reached for his firearm but was late since his partner already unloaded into the bad guy. The threat was there, and was instantly neutralized. 
Let's also not forget that this guy was resisting arrest in the first place and walking around with a deadly weapon, probably high off his !%%. I really don't see how you can defend this guy.

That %@#% makes me mad.

Police dog, rubber bullets, tazer, pepper spray and that fat pig decided to just shoot a man dead in broad day light. WOW!

this is what infuriates me... this and the fact this %**@$%$ didnt know better....

the ENTIRE reason the K9 unit was there was to prevent this...
the ENTIRE reason for carrying a stun gun/pepper spray is to prevent having to use lethal force...

these dudes were in a tense/action packed sequence and WANTED to shoot dude... there is no other logical explanation....

here let me spray u with this pepper spray designed to use in distances in excess of 10/20 ft within 10 inches of you so that when you turn with ur crowbar i now "fear for my life" and shoot you.... 1..2...3...4...5...6...7....8...9...10 times... o and let me never release my trained K9 unit, wouldnt want him to get hurt if we can jus bag n tag the guy n get the hell outta here...

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom