SHOTS FIRED! Police fatally shoot Guy with a crowbar outside of Carl's Jr. vol. 10 shots though?!?

just throwing it out there, hitting a limb when your adrenaline is pumping is a hard shot. Much safer for the general public to aim for the body. Also just throwing it out there, even if they did sick the dog on him, we'd be having a similar discussion. " oh that aint right, they sicked a dog on him blah blah blah." Some of you dont like cops, understandable, but they gave him multiple warnings. Also, pipes can kill. 1 good swing to the head, and its over. Of course the cop will prob be fired

1-2 shots guaranteed will drop him to the ground immediately, hitting limbs or not.

Who is going to survive 10 shots, it was all or nothing....they wanted him dead.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Getting shot is fine, I have no problem with that.

But your job as an officer is to stop someone not necessarily kill them, you can shoot them in the shoulder, legs, arms....areas where a shot would NOT be fatal.....these guys are trained to do so, why is that not being implemented?

Please give 3 eamples of police departments that train their officers to wound someone when they shoot.

Dudes act like cops are special forces operators with years of top flight, high speed training with multiple oppurtunities to use their that training in real life scenarios. 10 shots might seem excessive, but i know i can personally dump a 16 round mag 3-4 seconds. You hear all the time about people in situations like that that don't realize theyre shot until after the encounter is over.

All of that doesn't matter. Bottom line, dude raised a weapon to an officer of the law with the intent to maim or seriously injure and got killed. There's gotta be some personalresponsibility somewhere.

The guy was WAY too close at the other officer for his partner to have any other options. A shot to the leg isnt going to stop his motion in hitting the officer. 10 is a lot but in that situation, id think you wanna make sure he doesnt swing that crowbar.

But your job as an officer is to stop someone not necessarily kill them, you can shoot them in the shoulder, legs, arms....areas where a shot would NOT be fatal.....these guys are trained to do so, why is that not being implemented?
They did try to stop him with a non-lethal weapon. The taser didnt work. 
I dont think they tell cops in the academy to use their firearm to injure or disable an attacker thats what the pepper spray and tasers are for.

Spoiler [+]
yeah i dont see legs or arms here
400_F_11128780_cdlMszVULqyGJnFseob68nkPT7KYs0qK.jpg

1-2 shots guaranteed will drop him to the ground immediately, hitting limbs or not.

Who is going to survive 10 shots, it was all or nothing....they wanted him dead.

No disrespect, but NOTHING is guaranteed to drop someone immediately.
Cops don't have magic bullets. You'd be surprised how much heavy clothing can slow a bullet down and/or change it's trajectory.

Didn't 50 get shot 9 times? Has it been confirmed the perp was hit 10 times or the cop fired 10 times?

Uhmmm because thats not what they're trained because it would be impossible and impractical. Responses like that make are infuriating. It's like commenting on a live sporting event saying a kick returner should have cut to the left. Doesn't work that way.

Thats how it use to be, they tell them shoot to kill now, cause they lost too much officers.
But these guys were rookies or just sloppy.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

Please give 3 eamples of police departments that train their officers to wound someone when they shoot.

Dudes act like cops are special forces operators with years of top flight, high speed training with multiple oppurtunities to use their that training in real life scenarios. 10 shots might seem excessive, but i know i can personally dump a 16 round mag 3-4 seconds. You hear all the time about people in situations like that that don't realize theyre shot until after the encounter is over.

All of that doesn't matter. Bottom line, dude raised a weapon to an officer of the law with the intent to maim or seriously injure and got killed. There's gotta be some personalresponsibility somewhere.

Exactly. They are acting like the SWAT team was there with snipers on the roof...

Then, you add the fact that the officer he began to charge couldn't even get his gun out...he was struggling after the tazer failed. His partner literally had 2-3 seconds to react before he turned that cops head into a bowl of soup.

I'm sorry, but 2-3 seconds isn't enough time to "aim at a leg, arm or shoulder"...

serious question, why dont cops EVER move backwards?

o wait... theyre trained not to... its a kill or be kill mentality regaurdless and quite frankly if u cant get out of the way of a stunned man swinging a large sledge hammer you should not be an officer of the law. there is no reason... jus follow procedure, even if it cost a family theyre loved one

Originally Posted by richiecotite

No disrespect, but NOTHING is guaranteed to drop someone immediately.
Cops don't have magic bullets. You'd be surprised how much heavy clothing can slow a bullet down and/or change it's trajectory.

Didn't 50 get shot 9 times? Has it been confirmed the perp was hit 10 times or the cop fired 10 times?
On top of that a suspect could be wearing kevlar. You guys need to remember that police don't fire shot by shot waiting for the suspects reaction. When they fire shots, it is under duress and all that adrenaline makes you pump that trigger.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Thats how it use to be, they tell them shoot to kill now, cause they lost too much officers.
Thank God i just read your last post, cleared up a lot about your opinion.

The whole incident was just sloppy, and I defend cops a lot since people are quick to throw judgement on them, but I don't see how this is right in this situation.

These guys are trained for an extended amount of time at the academy, you don't know to be "special ops" to shoot a firearm accurately. Just sad all around despite the guy being an idiot and being warned, the police department really needs to implement new methods of subduing a suspect. Guy did not even have a firearm, if he did shoot his #!@ 50 times.

Suspect charges at him, let off a few shots....don't see how you can warrant 10.....this stuff happens way too frequently, trigger happy. Its all reaction and quick thinking but its too much in my opinion.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

serious question, why dont cops EVER move backwards?

o wait... theyre trained not to... its a kill or be kill mentality regaurdless and quite frankly if u cant get out of the way of a stunned man swinging a large sledge hammer you should not be an officer of the law. there is no reason... jus follow procedure, even if it cost a family theyre loved one
there trained to close in on the suspect to stop him from walking forward more and more towards the innocent people watching......and them following procedure kept a family from losing there dad/husband to a crazed man about to swing a sledge hammer

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Thank God i just read your last post, cleared up a lot about your opinion.
wink.gif

Although the shooting was legally justified in my opinion, it was still unnecessary.

Cops like these are not on the force to serve and protect. They care nothing of human life beyond their own.
They are cowboys and they watch to many movies and video games. Killing someone just cause they know
they can get away with it. That's what they do, wait for the slightest hint of justification then shoot to kill.

At the third or fourth shot, he was turning around, probably to keel over. Looked like he froze. We don't know that though, because the cop let off another 6. The shots after that, that dropped him could of been the fatal blows. Was he even moving afterward? They didn't back away while firing. Didn't leave any time for any threat assessment. They only got so close because they decided to get that close. (When they have guns and he had a sledgehammer.)

The dog was getting really excited by the time the guy was turning. Should of let go of the leash. Why even have the dog? I don't think that guy was going to be able to wind up a sledgehammer and hit someone in the state/position he was in.

Cops aren't trained to fire limb shots, and if they are no amount of training can replicate a real life situation when your or your fellow officers life is on the line. Like i said pages ago, training is a controlled "dangerous" environment. No matter how much training you get these real life scenarios are completely different. And cops rarely use their weapons, yes they take them out but fire? It's rare. I took criminal justice classes for a couple years and my teacher was a 23 year veteran of the local PD. Fired his gun once in all of those 23 years. And was it confirmed that all ten shots hit the dude, yeah they were practically point blank shots but with adrenaline rushing and firing one handed they all might not have hit the victim.

so shooting a taser at the face is more effective to bringing a body down? I thought officers were trained to shoot tasers at the chest to render it more effective. I don't know the exact science behind taser guns but I thought that was kinda strange. This definitely was sloppy work though. They should've isolated the situation and kept their distance because the officer in the back was dumb to make himself vunerable like that , dude nearly slipped and fell on his %@% trying to pull out his side piece, which gave the other officer no other choice but to shoot .

The whole incident was just sloppy, and I defend cops a lot since people are quick to throw judgement on them, but I don't see how this is right in this situation.

These guys are trained for an extended amount of time at the academy, you don't know to be "special ops" to shoot a firearm accurately. Just sad all around despite the guy being an idiot and being warned, the police department really needs to implement new methods of subduing a suspect. Guy did not even have a firearm, if he did shoot his #!@ 50 times.

Suspect charges at him, let off a few shots....don't see how you can warrant 10.....this stuff happens way too frequently, trigger happy. Its all reaction and quick thinking but its too much in my opinion.

Theyre really not though. Theres a difference between shooting accurately at stationary paper targets and a shooting an armed human being with adrenaline racing. There's no way to really simulate this sort of situation, unless that's literally what you do all day every day.

Just because someone doesn't have a gun doesn't mean their armed with the potential kill.

they were literally a couple feet away and u guys defending the cop for shooting 10 times??????

he coulda shot the guy once in the arm and there situation woulda been handled

awesome, so if your relatives get shot ten times whilst walking drunk or high and actin fools, its justified?

but but but he's a cop it was justified.

I shared this video with a group of my friends who are all officers with experience (not any young buck rookies). Guess what the consensus was.

10 shots was excessive. they also commented on the proximity of the officers as being to close to a man clearly under the influence. Officers are not trained to let off 10 shots. this isn't rambo brahs.

LOL at the people shouting here saying the dude deserved it.

Alot of you guys deserve to be shot ten times based off the junk you share here.

But why wish death upon anyone?

50-cent1.jpg

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

At the third or fourth shot, he was turning around, probably to keel over. Looked like he froze. We don't know that though, because the cop let off another 6. The shots after that, that dropped him could of been the fatal blows. Was he even moving afterward? They didn't back away while firing. Didn't leave any time for any threat assessment. They only got so close because they decided to get that close. (When they have guns and he had a sledgehammer.)

The dog was getting really excited by the time the guy was turning. Should of let go of the leash. Why even have the dog? I don't think that guy was going to be able to wind up a sledgehammer and hit someone in the state/position he was in.
I notice that too, he was shooting off and holding real tight on the dogs leash. This video is going to bury them 
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom