SHOTS FIRED! Police fatally shoot Guy with a crowbar outside of Carl's Jr. vol. 10 shots though?!?

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

At the point he fired he had no other recourse.

How can anyone comment on the amount of shots fired. In that situation with his adrenaline pumping in a possible life or death situation he squeezed that trigger until he saw the guy stop moving. The amount of shots fired doesn't really change my opinion of what happened.
It sort of stop being a life or death situation after the 3rd or 4th shot when the crowbar fell out of the guys hand.
I know the whole shoot to wound thing isnt their aim, but come on its not like the guy had a gun.
Do you think he actually counted how many shots he took or just squeezed until the guy stopped? Have you ever shot a gun? Under duress?
I'm sure getting beat with a crowbar feels no different than getting shot since both can cause death.
No I dont think he counted, but the threat was the sledge hammer, I would notice if the sledge hammer was no longer in his hand.
When I say its not like he had a gun, I mean its not small and unnoticeable.
It wouldnt be something he could pick up easyly while shot down on the ground.And it isnt something you can claim you didnt see fall.
At the end of the day you are right I have to be in the situation, but if this kids family sues, no doubt there gonna win.

couple of shots in that short of a distance is enough.  10 is just WOW.  Regardless of the life/death situation, a single shot can give dude enough pain to drop the bar he had.  He's halway falling down and 3 more shots?. What's the explanation on those?. he's somehow going to regain balance and super strength after 5 shots AND FALLING to swing and hit the officer?. come on.

-UNDFT-

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Lol your not my pops with that "end of discussion" talk bruh. Funny how you only highlited that and disregarded everything else which was directly acosiated with that. Great debate
end of discussion as in we have different viewpoints of the situation. Apparently you think the whole thing can be magically avoided somehow and it was the officers themselves who called this dude up and told him to smash windows with a deadly weapon inside a family restaurant. 
ya... not really.

Cops did what they had to do. They neutralized a public threat while giving the assailant every possible opportunity to concede his position until he proceeded to move forward against a police officer, guns drawn.

So he was a threat to peoples windows, and ended up losing his life? Clearly unavoidable lol. You right let me just stop here my good man
yes... a guy walked into a restaurant with a weapon smashing windows and cops are to conclude that the ONLY threat he poses is to those windows. Not the employees or the customers that RAN outside the restaurant prior to the situation.... Just the windows...... Okay. 
indifferent.gif

About :43 in, dude made like he was going to hit the officer w. the sledgehammer. I don't see how anyone can sit here and say shooting him wasn't an option.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

That %@#% makes me mad.

Police dog, rubber bullets, tazer, pepper spray and that fat pig decided to just shoot a man dead in broad day light. WOW!

this is what infuriates me... this and the fact this %**@$%$ didnt know better....

the ENTIRE reason the K9 unit was there was to prevent this...
the ENTIRE reason for carrying a stun gun/pepper spray is to prevent having to use lethal force...

these dudes were in a tense/action packed sequence and WANTED to shoot dude... there is no other logical explanation....

here let me spray u with this pepper spray designed to use in distances in excess of 10/20 ft within 10 inches of you so that when you turn with ur crowbar i now "fear for my life" and shoot you.... 1..2...3...4...5...6...7....8...9...10 times... o and let me never release my trained K9 unit, wouldnt want him to get hurt if we can jus bag n tag the guy n get the hell outta here...

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Round of applause, someone gets it. Not to mention there was no pedestrians around to be in immediate danger. So had they wanted they could have waited on backup rathdr than getting that close to dude in the first place. And to dudes talking about he was a threat to othrs at what point? Cause at the point where he was shot he clearly isnt, and seeing as how no one else was hurt other than him im gonna go ahead and disregard what you have to say. You sound extremely simple mate

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

About :43 in, dude made like he was going to hit the officer w. the sledgehammer. I don't see how anyone can sit here and say shooting him wasn't an option.

Aight fine shooting him was justified. But 10 times? Im not even saying aim at his leg (although they should have enough training to be capable of it) but one two three MAX bullets at his body and running up to cuff him aint enough? It wasnt 1 on 1. Cop had plenty back up. I think dude just made up his mind to waste him right then and there and that aint right.

Eh not really surprising. Way too often cops tend to deal with mentally ill people or someone high on drugs by just killing them. "He wouldn't follow my orders" No %$#* sherlock. A taser on someone who's obviously mentally unstable or high? Yea, that's really going to work. These situations could be handled better, but people don't care about those at the bottom of society's totem pole.

That %@#% makes me mad.

Police dog, rubber bullets, tazer, pepper spray and that fat pig decided to just shoot a man dead in broad day light. WOW!

this is what infuriates me... this and the fact this %**@$%$ didnt know better....

the ENTIRE reason for carrying a stun gun/pepper spray is to prevent having to use lethal force...

these dudes were in a tense/action packed sequence and WANTED to shoot dude... there is no other logical explanation....

here let me spray u with this pepper spray designed to use in distances in excess of 10/20 ft within 10 inches of you so that when you turn with ur crowbar i now "fear for my life" and shoot you.... 1..2...3...4...5...6...7....8...9...10 times... o and let me never release my trained K9 unit, wouldnt want him to get hurt if we can jus bag n tag the guy n get the hell outta here...

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Round of applause, someone gets it. Not to mention there was no pedestrians around to be in immediate danger. So had they wanted they could have waited on backup rathdr than getting that close to dude in the first place. And to dudes talking about he was a threat to othrs at what point? Cause at the point where he was shot he clearly isnt, and seeing as how no one else was hurt other than him im gonna go ahead and disregard what you have to say. You sound extremely simple mate
Wait, so he wasnt a threat to the officer he was walking towards with a sledgehammer? Seriously?

And use pepper spray??!!?!? After he was just tazed and it had no affect. What would pepper spray do? And if he lets the dog go and it doesnt get there until the other officer gets his skull cracked he did the right thing?

Some of you let your hatred for police blind what goes on, but the cops are the "ignorant" ones right?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Aight fine shooting him was justified. But 10 times? Im not even saying aim at his leg (although they should have enough training to be capable of it) but one two three MAX bullets at his body and running up to cuff him aint enough? It wasnt 1 on 1. Cop had plenty back up. I think dude just made up his mind to waste him right then and there and that aint right.

What you have to look at is the events leading up to this, everyone else managed to not be attacked, so why approach a hostile situation in that manner unless the intent is to kill this man off jump

dude got what he deserved. if somebody came at my partner like that, i'd react the same way.

who cares? Anyone who tries to murder someone (especially a cop) is too violent and stupid to be kept alive anyways. Good riddance

10 or 11 shots is excessive, but anyone saying the officer wasn't justified in using his gun is a straight ******.

What you have to look at is the events leading up to this, everyone else managed to not be attacked, so why approach a hostile situation in that manner unless the intent is to kill this man off jump
Shut up. Shooting was justified kiddo. /discussion. 

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Wait, so he wasnt a threat to the officer he was walking towards with a sledgehammer? Seriously?

And use pepper spray??!!?!? After he was just tazed and it had no affect. What would pepper spray do? And if he lets the dog go and it doesnt get there until the other officer gets his skull cracked he did the right thing?

Some of you let your hatred for police blind what goes on, but the cops are the "ignorant" ones right?
eyes.gif

So your telling me a man with a sledgehammer in hand should be able to reach your partner before a trained k9 reaches him? Firt off at no point in that video is that man running, does that not tell yoy that officer was to close? Which has been my point the entire time. Rather than control the situation which is there job they allowed the man to pose a threat resulting in his death.

eyes.gif

So your telling me a man with a sledgehammer in hand should be able to reach your partner before a trained k9 reaches him? Firt off at no point in that video is that man running, does that not tell yoy that officer was to close? Which has been my point the entire time. Rather than control the situation which is there job they allowed the man to pose a threat resulting in his death.
Stop.

eyes.gif

In this scenario yes he absolutely could have. What would you have propose they done? Not take any action? C'mon dude they went in there to stop the guy he turned and went after an officer and got shot. End of story.

eyes.gif

Sledgehammer is a weapon.  A VERY dangerous weapon.  Honestly, you can use your logic for any weapon that's not a gun.  What if he had a knife?  Would you have the same POV?

He raised it up like he was going to hit the officer.  I'll agree w/ people in that 10 shots was a bit unnecessary.  But he deserved to be shot.  IMO, as soon as he came at the officer in a menacing demeanor like he was actually going to do something, it was on.  Again, he deserved to be shot. 

That %@#% makes me mad.

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

They did exactly what they were supposed to do.

1) Try reasoning

That didn't work

2) Use non-lethal tactic w/o putting an officers life in danger (DOG INCLUDED)

Tazed in face and he ripped it out like a beast. That didn't work.

3) Would have been release the dog. It didn't get to that because he started to charge an officer with a deadly weapon before they even had that option. You keep saying release the dog, but they are not trained to use that as their 1st or 2nd option simply for the fact that it puts a life in danger....

4) Take out threat(s) at all costs.

The extreme amount of shots was due to panic. Adrenaline pumping, scared, finger on trigger. I can honestly say I would have fired at least 6.

I couldn't even tell which officer fired the last 4/5 shots...

"Wanted to shoot him"? That's quite possibly THE DUMBEST thing I have ever heard. You actually think that he wanted to be there with his life in danger? You think the whole time he was thinking "Come on, buddy, do something dumb so I can kill you, hehe"? Just shut up.

This guy was on something serious, in a public place, swinging a sledge hammer, yelling who knows what. He was insane and out of control. The world is a safer place.

Getting shot is fine, I have no problem with that.

But your job as an officer is to stop someone not necessarily kill them, you can shoot them in the shoulder, legs, arms....areas where a shot would NOT be fatal.....these guys are trained to do so, why is that not being implemented?

laugh.gif
at people justifying SHOOTING A MAN 10 TIMES POINT BLANK. 1 shot in the leg wasn't enough? DISGUSTING.

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

The cop shot him a couple times and the guy was turning around and falling over. Then the cop followed him as he was turning around and falling and let off a few more.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Getting shot is fine, I have no problem with that.

But your job as an officer is to stop someone not necessarily kill them, you can shoot them in the shoulder, legs, arms....areas where a shot would NOT be fatal.....these guys are trained to do so, why is that not being implemented?
Preach

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Shut up. Shooting was justified kiddo. /discussion. 

NikeTalker23 wrote:
Wade187 wrote:
John Sterling wrote:

eyes.gif

Stop.

shut up all you can do is cross out stuff
me too.

If you believe 10 shots is justifiable after watching the video, then I guess the words excessive force only holds to nuclear weapons or something.  One shot I can understand, but 10 is just too much.  Still a tough situation though.

Back
Top Bottom