SHOTS FIRED! Police fatally shoot Guy with a crowbar outside of Carl's Jr. vol. 10 shots though?!?

Although, it would been better if they could had use other alternatives, the dude wanted to die with that kind of mentality. But to me, those cops were trigger-happy.

NO its not flawed. NTers saying its ok to gun down this dude w ten shots bc its in the heat of the moment.

Therefore any situation that is stress inducing and is dangerous as seen through the eyes of the officer justifies firing shots????

Your telling me if a cop feels overwhelmed, then its ok to let off multiple clips?

This is what you tell the innocent ones? Sorry ma'am officer krupke felt your son was gesturing so we let of 23 shots on him.

But it's okay, the cop was overwhelmed.

Sure MY logic is faulty right.

Tell that to the officers who feel the same way

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Original VIDEO as seen on CBS KCAL ABC FOX and Univision34

To my account this is what i witnessed, this is only my view of what i saw while i was on the scene and NOTHING more.�

After people were running out side of the Carls Jr. a man holding what looked like to be a metal pipe bender was walking very slowly and calmly toward the side of Carls Jr. very nonchalantly smashing in the windows with his weapon, he then walked into the fast food restaurant. while the suspect was inside the police arrived and set up to the right of the enterance. the police told the suspect, some command i was unable to hear, the suspect then walked out side and well the rest can be seen from the video, at the time it was believed that he was shot with rubber pellets and sadly that wasn't case. The suspect seemed to be shot 5 times while facing the officer and then shot at 5 times again while his back was turned to the officer, allegedly of course

MONTEREY PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect armed with a crowbar was shot outside of a Carl's Jr. restaurant in Monterey Park on Monday morning.

Authorities say the incident began with the suspect breaking windows at Carl's Jr. in the 1200 block of Avenida Cesar Chavez just before�9:30�a.m. The suspect then walked inside, while workers and customers ran outside.

Police arrived as the suspect was exiting the fast-food restaurant. After repeatedly telling the suspect to drop the weapon, the suspect was Tasered.

Police said the Taser was ineffective, and the suspect swung the three-foot metal bar at officers twice. At least one officer opened fire on the suspect.

The suspect was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

No one else was injured in the incident. The officer-involved shooting is under investigation.

[font=arial, sans-serif](description from youtube video)[/font]
Come on man. If someone bucks at me with a crowbar and he knows we have guns...says a lot and quite frankly I'm bustin on dude too! I give ole boy credit for being a true thug tho�
laugh.gif
. Bro did not give a single feeling for what might happen.
jrdnsrnss wrote:
He got tased right in the face but didn't do anything. Dude was most likely on something to withstand and not even be phased.

^ THIS GUYS! CHRIST! Then he turns around n bucks at them like their lil kids in the street? 
laugh.gif
Come on now
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by digital022

Originally Posted by MJGREATXII

Cops shoulda used other alternatives, he had a crow bar. Not a gun. Don't cops have specialized training on how to take somebody down? Take the dude to the ground, and put him in cuffs, not shoot in 5 in the chest, 5 in the back. Ridiculous.
I hate cops. 
Easier said than done. Sure, 10 shots seems excessive but those cops are in the heat of the moment and they are trained to shoot to kill. You put their lives in immediate danger and chances are you are gonna die, plain and simple. Don't let the medias coverage of police involved incidents give you a biased opinion. They are far and few between. There are bad seeds in every profession and police officers are no different. Let investigators decide whether it was warranted or not.
That's all well and good, but what motives would an investigator have to reprimand his own?
Police officers aren't just another profession.  If they have the right to kill (which nobody else in regular society has), they HAVE to be held to a higher standard, it's only right.  Don't give me this "heat of the moment" bollocks.  Officers have to go through rigorous training at the gun range; they know how to shoot very well.  So a couple of well-placed shots could have done the trick.

And these incidents being few and far between is exactly what they want you to think 
laugh.gif
.  Makes the ones that do get out seem less important.

Btw, the dude might have wanted to die.  Like cop-assisted suicide

Originally Posted by purehoopa1

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

That %@#% makes me mad.

Police dog, rubber bullets, tazer, pepper spray and that fat pig decided to just shoot a man dead in broad day light. WOW!
You my friend are a moron. You have no clue. seriously you don't. I am a cop and you don't understand this Officer did everything he was trained to do. He applied force reasonable and necessary to stop the threat. The guy had a weapon, intent, and delivery system. Please google Deadly Force if you have no clue. If the Officer would have been hit in the head with that crow bar he easily could be dead, lose an eye, etc. Not every shift or dept has a K-9, we don't have rubber bullets at my dept, and F* pepper spray no one uses it because it incapacitates officer most of the time. As far as the guy shooting him 10 times, it doesn't matter. We are the only state(Wisconsin) trained to stop the threat ( i.e "Shoot them in the central nervous system aka face")
If you think someone is trying to harm you its either fight or flight. Welp you can't bring a crow bar to a gun fight. If somebody charges you with a crow bar and you have a Glock .22 lets see what your actions are. You probably would allow dude to bang your head in... SunDoobie i pray you are like 12 years old and don't know any better. If not you are a lost cause.
No I am a tax paying adult that pays your salary.  Do us all a favor and go back to the academy because obviously you lack proper judgement if you agree with the actions of those Police officers in the video.  But I will book mark this page and bring this thread up in a couple years when the city of Monterey Park pays a couple million dollars to settle the wrongful death suit and that trigger happy pig is sitting in jail.  

^ smh, dude he is not going to jail. The guy was clearly on one after his response or lack of response from being shot in the face. The cops quickly gathered this info mentally and responded accordingly. There are guys who have been shot a few times close range on PCP or Meth n still charge right at you so they obviously wanted to make sure this did not happen by lacing dude with numerous shots. Case closed.

dudes really justifying shooting someone 10 times? lmao idiots
but why %@%@ like this still surprises anyone is whats beyond me police aint %@%@ aint never been %@%@ and will continue to do whatever the $%@! they feel like doin

Awesome so its cool to shoot someone to death if the cop assumes he is still a threat, despite shooting him 5 times, him falling down, having his back to you, and weapon down???? awesome

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

People are expecting the cops to aim at limbs like this is resident evil 5. You have 2-3 seconds to react and he did what he had to do. 10 shots seems excessive from one person but if the update above is correct then the officer will get off because both fired 5.
The shots was not from 1 person. It was 2 cops. First cop fired 5 rounds, then the suspect turned around with his back to them falling down then the other cop about 2 seconds later fired 5 more rounds into his back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd cop should be charged. Thats murder!

No I am a tax paying adult that pays your salary.  Do us all a favor and go back to the academy because obviously you lack proper judgement if you agree with the actions of those Police officers in the video.  But I will book mark this page and bring this thread up in a couple years when the city of Monterey Park pays a couple million dollars to settle the wrongful death suit and that trigger happy pig is sitting in jail.  

Highly disrespectful and ignorant response. 
How can you refute the word of a trained police officer who's backed up his claims with experience. I'm 100% confident he's had more training than you or any of us in this thread on the subject, but you're right and know what "proper judgement" is because you "pay his salary?"
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

Listen to the pitch of the two 5 round bursts. They're from different guns. Like the guy above me said, the first cop let off 5, and the second offer let off another 5 after reaching for his gun since he initially was armed with a tazer. 

Smashing the windows out of a restaurant and then trying to swing a crowbar at a cop's head?
Good riddance. The world is better off without him.

Originally Posted by JD617

Smashing the windows out of a restaurant and then trying to swing a crowbar at a cop's head?

That's the bottom line of this thread, it's very hard to empathize with people like this
ohwell.gif

I get the feeling the type of people defending the guy would've prolly still found a reason to defend him if he had a gun

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

That's the bottom line of this thread, it's very hard to empathize with people like this
ohwell.gif

I get the feeling the type of people defending the guy would've prolly still found a reason to defend him if he had a gun
They just want an excuse to say  @#$% the police
laugh.gif
  So many innocent people die from injustice every day and they want to defend someone who tried killing a cop
laugh.gif

dude is an idiot, lets say the cops didn't stop him and he killed somebody else with that crow bar. Every NTer, including myself would be criticizing the cop for not using his power etc.

Dude that died was an idiot, and deserved to die.

indifferent.gif
 yeah good riddance to STEVEN RODRIGUEZ, 22 years old. 
I am sure his mother, father, sister, brother, nephew, grandparents, friends, girlfriend all are better off without him.  

indifferent.gif
I am sure his mother, father, sister, brother, nephew, grandparents, friends, girlfriend all are better off without him.  
If my son tried to kill someone else, sure I'd be sad, but I wouldn't be protesting if he got shot as a result
indifferent.gif
Who cares how old he is?? Besides, even if the cops let him live, he would be dead to me for humiliating his family

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

indifferent.gif
If my son tried to kill someone else, sure I'd be sad, but I wouldn't be protesting if he got shot as a result
indifferent.gif
Who cares how old he is?? Besides, even if the cops let him live, he would be dead to me for humiliating his family

LOL let's turn this thread into a memorial for murderers and criminals who have been killed or incarcerated---I'm sure a lot of them had family members and people who love them

I love the "what if that was your mother or brother" excuse---My mother and brother know better than to go at a cop holding  a gun with a crowbar

Just my opinion:
1. I think the cops should have exercised better judgement in respect to physically positioning themselves around the suspect (i.e. getting more spacing and clearing civilians further away from the restaurant).  That would have given the cops the ability to aim for a non-critical area (such as the leg) and not worry about the suspect getting in a threatening proximity to an officer.  As simple as it seems, that could have saved the suspect's life.  

2. Given the cops' poor decision to position themselves that close to the suspect (and that is a huge "given"), they did what they had to do to protect themselves.  They cold have aimed for a non-critical area, but that may not have stopped the suspect.  Therefore, I don't think it is unreasonable that they aimed for more critical areas.  

3. 10 shots seems excessive, but in my opinion, in the heat of the moment it was not unreasonable in this instance.  

In short, the cops hold the bulk of the responsibility for this kid's death imo.  They could have prevented this if they had better dictated the parameters of the situation, which they had the ability to do based on this video.  Perhaps a reflection of poor training?

Back
Top Bottom