Should high-school dropouts be banned from getting their driver's license?

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

seriously what the hell does dropping out of high school do with driving an automobile? who the #!+$ makes these dumb +!# laws?

Rich people.

this is dumb.
i'm def gonna go get my license now though.. just incase.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by Jd0t86

I'm usually against the BS laws, but seriously why are defending High School dropouts? What legitimate excuses does someone have for being unable to finish High School in this day & age?
Im trying to figure this out
Some people just have unfortunate circumstances in their lives, granted some my be a result of their own bad decisions, but that's not always the case.
The are plenty of young people that have deadbeat parents/family that they are forced to take care of and provide for their younger sibling. Or maybe they have children of their own at that age. Of course, i'm not saying that every kid in those situations is gonna drop out, but it is a reality.  When you're in a situation like that it's hard to look towards the future, when you can barely survive right now...  It's not always about a person being dumb or lazy.  Some kids are forced to be adults.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by Jd0t86

I'm usually against the BS laws, but seriously why are defending High School dropouts? What legitimate excuses does someone have for being unable to finish High School in this day & age?
Im trying to figure this out
Some people just have unfortunate circumstances in their lives, granted some my be a result of their own bad decisions, but that's not always the case.
The are plenty of young people that have deadbeat parents/family that they are forced to take care of and provide for their younger sibling. Or maybe they have children of their own at that age. Of course, i'm not saying that every kid in those situations is gonna drop out, but it is a reality.  When you're in a situation like that it's hard to look towards the future, when you can barely survive right now...  It's not always about a person being dumb or lazy.  Some kids are forced to be adults.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Seems like most of the drop outs in here also are not the best at reading comprehension. The article says nothing about a h.s. dropouts ability to operate a vehicle nor does it imply that they operate vehicles at a less desirable rate than h.s. graduates. This is supposed to be used as a tool to entice kids to continue their education at a minimal level and graduate h.s.

Seems like most of the drop outs in here also are not the best at reading comprehension. The article says nothing about a h.s. dropouts ability to operate a vehicle nor does it imply that they operate vehicles at a less desirable rate than h.s. graduates. This is supposed to be used as a tool to entice kids to continue their education at a minimal level and graduate h.s.

dumbest thing i have ever heard, if this actually goes through then SMH.

dumbest thing i have ever heard, if this actually goes through then SMH.

I believe that they are responding to the NT'ers in favor of this law, who tried to justify it by trying to connect lack of driving ability with not finishing HS.
The belief that this law would entice more kids to finish highscool is laughable at best. If they were state officials were serious about keeping kids at school, they would start with the schools.

I believe that they are responding to the NT'ers in favor of this law, who tried to justify it by trying to connect lack of driving ability with not finishing HS.
The belief that this law would entice more kids to finish highscool is laughable at best. If they were state officials were serious about keeping kids at school, they would start with the schools.

Originally Posted by BigPoppaBaker04

I agree with it, try to deal with uneducated people on a regular basis, it's frustrating and time consuming. South Carolina has one of the highest drop out rates in the country, maybe an incentive like this would persuade people to finish school...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I like this [/color]
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BigPoppaBaker04

I agree with it, try to deal with uneducated people on a regular basis, it's frustrating and time consuming. South Carolina has one of the highest drop out rates in the country, maybe an incentive like this would persuade people to finish school...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I like this [/color]
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

They should be giving incentives to graduate, not punishing people who don't. I have a few friends who dropped out because of family issues.

indifferent.gif

They should be giving incentives to graduate, not punishing people who don't. I have a few friends who dropped out because of family issues.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

i'm all for it

Yep and has nothing to do with their ability to operate a vehicle.
ya just WANT da crime rate to go up huh?
laugh.gif

if people decide to drop out of school thats their business and right...ya act like they can't go their GED or something....

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

i'm all for it

Yep and has nothing to do with their ability to operate a vehicle.
ya just WANT da crime rate to go up huh?
laugh.gif

if people decide to drop out of school thats their business and right...ya act like they can't go their GED or something....

laugh.gif
@ everyone getting all up-in-arms about this

heaven forbid we try to raise the education level in the country
eek.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif
eyes.gif

driving is a privilege, not a right.  might as well make kids earn it.

the incentive of having kids finish school benefits both the community but more importantly themselves.

wouldn't we all rather our tax dollars go to a student's finished education?

driving is a privilege, not a right.  might as well make kids earn it.

the incentive of having kids finish school benefits both the community but more importantly themselves.

wouldn't we all rather our tax dollars go to a student's finished education?

Originally Posted by JJ1223

laugh.gif

eek.gif
eyes.gif
If someone wants to drop out they will still drop out denying them a license is not going to fix the problem.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

laugh.gif

eek.gif
eyes.gif
If someone wants to drop out they will still drop out denying them a license is not going to fix the problem.

Back
Top Bottom