should i cop a 99 5-series?(edited)

That's a good look. Call up your local BMW dealer and see how much an inspection would cost then ask the seller if its ok if they check it out.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Only reason I'd say not to get it is because maintenance is going to be expensive with it. Besides that, I'd have it inspected by a mechanic(or BMW) and go from there.

This.

get it checked out man.

Only reason I'd say not to get it is because maintenance is going to be expensive with it. Besides that, I'd have it inspected by a mechanic(or BMW) and go from there.

This.

get it checked out man.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

how does this work? do i need to KNOW a mechanic or can i solicit a mechanic from a shop?

i honestly don't know any mechanics...
No. Just find a GOOD shop near you. Call and tell them youre buying a used car and want to know if they will do a pre purchased inspection. Most shop will put it on a lift, thoroughly inspect every part of the car and even take it for a test drive. This is probably cost you $100 though.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

how does this work? do i need to KNOW a mechanic or can i solicit a mechanic from a shop?

i honestly don't know any mechanics...
No. Just find a GOOD shop near you. Call and tell them youre buying a used car and want to know if they will do a pre purchased inspection. Most shop will put it on a lift, thoroughly inspect every part of the car and even take it for a test drive. This is probably cost you $100 though.

You really wantin to push that German whip huh?
laugh.gif
Street dreams...who am I to disagree

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

laugh.gif

-shrugs- its cheap and clean....

I was pushing swedish before this....its only right, i suppose...

i also inquired about a white 2000 s40 with 102k on it for like 4500....

Originally Posted by 0cks

laugh.gif

-shrugs- its cheap and clean....

I was pushing swedish before this....its only right, i suppose...

i also inquired about a white 2000 s40 with 102k on it for like 4500....

All of all the used cars around 4K you picked a Beamer?

You can get a Civic, Sentra, or Corolla with a lot less miles on it. Hell, you can get a 99 Caddy Deville with about 125K miles on it for 4 stacks.

All of all the used cars around 4K you picked a Beamer?

You can get a Civic, Sentra, or Corolla with a lot less miles on it. Hell, you can get a 99 Caddy Deville with about 125K miles on it for 4 stacks.

Deville? Those things have higher failure rates than Xbox 360's...

Why do ya'll even ask for our opinions though? This post reminds me of dude that wanted and got that salvage Maxima. Really, ya'll just lookin for confirmation from NT
laugh.gif
So yes get the 3, just throw some BBS' on there and you'll be like your neighborhoods own Rich Porter
laugh.gif

Deville? Those things have higher failure rates than Xbox 360's...

Why do ya'll even ask for our opinions though? This post reminds me of dude that wanted and got that salvage Maxima. Really, ya'll just lookin for confirmation from NT
laugh.gif
So yes get the 3, just throw some BBS' on there and you'll be like your neighborhoods own Rich Porter
laugh.gif

i am too in the market for a 92-96 3 series <150k miles and no more than $4k

anybody else have an older 3 series still running? they've been around for many years... so im thinkin it would be a legit 1st whip
nerd.gif

any input appreciated (i understand maintanence may run $$)

i am too in the market for a 92-96 3 series <150k miles and no more than $4k

anybody else have an older 3 series still running? they've been around for many years... so im thinkin it would be a legit 1st whip
nerd.gif

any input appreciated (i understand maintanence may run $$)

Back
Top Bottom