should i cop a 99 5-series?(edited)

Originally Posted by ricky robot

I guess I'm the only one who thought this post was mocking LuckyLuchiano.

LOL that's a low blow...i have heard e36's are reliable but like all german cars, parts will be expensive. my dad had a '88 735i and while it had features cars 10 years newer didn't have, it was a money pit. electrical problems mostly. however, if you really want that car, i dont think a e36 328i is worth 3700 with 177k miles. i would say it's worth more like 2700 if it's problem free. don't get ripped off, they were probably looking for a sheep to sell to who just want to drive a bmw just for the brand. i would also recommend joining a bmw forum and asking around, looking for common problems, common maintenances and cost, etc. or just cop a civic, corolla, sentra for 3k like everyone says and it'll give you less headaches down the road, not to mention you could probably flip it for almost no loss in $ 2-3 years later.

Originally Posted by ricky robot

I guess I'm the only one who thought this post was mocking LuckyLuchiano.

LOL that's a low blow...i have heard e36's are reliable but like all german cars, parts will be expensive. my dad had a '88 735i and while it had features cars 10 years newer didn't have, it was a money pit. electrical problems mostly. however, if you really want that car, i dont think a e36 328i is worth 3700 with 177k miles. i would say it's worth more like 2700 if it's problem free. don't get ripped off, they were probably looking for a sheep to sell to who just want to drive a bmw just for the brand. i would also recommend joining a bmw forum and asking around, looking for common problems, common maintenances and cost, etc. or just cop a civic, corolla, sentra for 3k like everyone says and it'll give you less headaches down the road, not to mention you could probably flip it for almost no loss in $ 2-3 years later.

-  I would not purchase that vehicle.  Purchasing a used vehicle with 150k+ mileage is always a crapshoot; and it's German
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

- The inevitable necessary maintenance simply to return the car to semi-reliable status will relentlessly wreck havoc on your budget, and German repairs are downright asinine, in terms of cost / labor difficulty

- I, personally, would never purchase a vehicle with anywhere near that mileage unless I knew the previous owner personally and witnessed the routine maintenance of the vehicle over an extended period of time.

- Actually, I would never buy a car with more than 35k, but we're not here to discuss my spending habits...
grin.gif
smh.gif
grin.gif

- Whatever you choose, make sure that the engine/****** is relatively easy/simple to repair...translating to reasonable/cheap repair costs...and try to make friends with a decent mechanic, you're probably going to need them, many times over.  Most 150k + used vehicles have many skeletons-in-the-closet.
nerd.gif
eek.gif
nerd.gif
   Each time a new one reveals itself, you will grow to hate the car more and more.  It all depends on how the vehicle was maintained by previous owners...regardless of manufacturer reputation.  A poorly maintained vehicle from a respected manufacturer is as prone to maintenance gremlins as anything else.  Proceed with caution.

- Good luck.

-  I would not purchase that vehicle.  Purchasing a used vehicle with 150k+ mileage is always a crapshoot; and it's German
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

- The inevitable necessary maintenance simply to return the car to semi-reliable status will relentlessly wreck havoc on your budget, and German repairs are downright asinine, in terms of cost / labor difficulty

- I, personally, would never purchase a vehicle with anywhere near that mileage unless I knew the previous owner personally and witnessed the routine maintenance of the vehicle over an extended period of time.

- Actually, I would never buy a car with more than 35k, but we're not here to discuss my spending habits...
grin.gif
smh.gif
grin.gif

- Whatever you choose, make sure that the engine/****** is relatively easy/simple to repair...translating to reasonable/cheap repair costs...and try to make friends with a decent mechanic, you're probably going to need them, many times over.  Most 150k + used vehicles have many skeletons-in-the-closet.
nerd.gif
eek.gif
nerd.gif
   Each time a new one reveals itself, you will grow to hate the car more and more.  It all depends on how the vehicle was maintained by previous owners...regardless of manufacturer reputation.  A poorly maintained vehicle from a respected manufacturer is as prone to maintenance gremlins as anything else.  Proceed with caution.

- Good luck.

Here you go, it was $4k when it was brand new:

28bedxv.jpg

If you know anything about cars, you know what car this is.

Here you go, it was $4k when it was brand new:

28bedxv.jpg

If you know anything about cars, you know what car this is.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

main.php
this, very much so.

like ive said countless times, im not looking for a car to drive for 10 years...2 or 3 years shall suffice...coming from an 02 s60, im spoiled....

aint nobody looking for a cosign from NT...damn, NT used to be a diverse, intellegent, valuable community

dudes can't even ask for insight on here nomore? gotta be 100% LULZ 24/7?

dude sold it.

im looking at a 99 Kompressor now.....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

main.php
this, very much so.

like ive said countless times, im not looking for a car to drive for 10 years...2 or 3 years shall suffice...coming from an 02 s60, im spoiled....

aint nobody looking for a cosign from NT...damn, NT used to be a diverse, intellegent, valuable community

dudes can't even ask for insight on here nomore? gotta be 100% LULZ 24/7?

dude sold it.

im looking at a 99 Kompressor now.....
laugh.gif

dammit, somebody copped...it had 122k miles...FUUUUUU

imma just wait until i have ALL the cash to even get my hopes up lol

dammit, somebody copped...it had 122k miles...FUUUUUU

imma just wait until i have ALL the cash to even get my hopes up lol

Damn, looks like I'm too late. But anyway, my old coworker had an e36 M3 sedan and that thing ran forever. From what I hear those engines are pretty much bulletproof. He didn't have any real issues other than regular maintenance on a 180k mile car, and the only thing it needed when he sold it was a new clutch. I was thinking about buying an e36 M3 to beat around, but I need to stop wasting money lol.

Damn, looks like I'm too late. But anyway, my old coworker had an e36 M3 sedan and that thing ran forever. From what I hear those engines are pretty much bulletproof. He didn't have any real issues other than regular maintenance on a 180k mile car, and the only thing it needed when he sold it was a new clutch. I was thinking about buying an e36 M3 to beat around, but I need to stop wasting money lol.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

You called it a konpressor though .

laugh.gif
, you can't possibly be this lame...

check the keyboard

where are the n and m keys in relation to each other?

thanks for playing, herb.

Back
Top Bottom