Should I make a purchase? 2011 BMW 328i xDrive Sedan

Let me give you a little advice since I'm a BMW owner (5 series). I purchased my car in cash when I bought it. I did the numbers and my credit is perfect. I would have given them $10,000 more money over the loan period if I would have financed; that my friend would have been beyond stupid. That first 4 years 50,000 miles was comforting due to the free maintenance. I'm out of warranty now and though I have a trusted mechanic; my repair cost would demolish what you make a month. Don't buy a BMW under your current financial circumstances. I regret buying my car and should have made a better buying decision. My car has low mileage and I take care of it really good. I own it and that is the only reason I haven't parted with it yet. I'd recommend a Honda, it's a hell of a lot more practical and it's a better car for your money.

Thanks @SoleByThePound

I would actually end up trading in the vehicle before the CPO 6 year/100,000 warranty comes up.

Last edited:
if u want a cheap awd car look for a subaru

its not the most stylish thing but will take u through anything is reliable as hell and relatively cheap to maintain

I have a 335xi. These cars aren't cheap and even if for some reason you squeeze by on the payments, how can you afford gas and insurance comfortably? You'll be spending almost your whole paycheck on the car. And a base e90 is not as nice as you might think...probably less options than a v6 accord.

You make 1300 a month and u tryna cop a luxury whip.

Cmon son. Crawl before u walk

I've heard a plethora of horror stories about the maintenance costs with those things too.

Gas ain't that good either, then u got insurance.

You'll basically be slaving away at whatever u do to pay for this.

You already said u can't afford sneakers no more if u cop. U can't afford this car

Reconsider

Last edited:
Get an accord and call it a day. :lol: Subaru's aren't cheap either but that's awd and a better buy than a struggle BMW.

man first page of this thread had me dying.. 
roll.gif

Don't do it, ima assume this car doesn't come with Nav?

You're gonna be making a payment on a base model BMW for just the leather :lol: :smh:

http://www.bmwofsudbury.com/certified/BMW/2011-BMW-328i-b562f0e50a0a00023da276ef2cf11a89.htm
CPO. Sale price $24,398. 26K miIes

Have had a credit card since Sept 2007. Made every payment on time. Closed that BOA credit card in May 2013. Joined Capital One in August 2014 and have made every credit card payment on time. Have had delinquent student loan payments in the past. Have paid them for the past year and on time. Nothing has ever been defaulted.

How much am I looking at for monthly payments? I make $1300 a month.

:wow: Homie is from the future.

Let me give you a little advice since I'm a BMW owner (5 series). I purchased my car in cash when I bought it. I did the numbers and my credit is perfect. I would have given them $10,000 more money over the loan period if I would have financed; that my friend would have been beyond stupid. That first 4 years 50,000 miles was comforting due to the free maintenance. I'm out of warranty now and though I have a trusted mechanic; my repair cost would demolish what you make a month. Don't buy a BMW under your current financial circumstances. I regret buying my car and should have made a better buying decision. My car has low mileage and I take care of it really good. I own it and that is the only reason I haven't parted with it yet. I'd recommend a Honda, it's a hell of a lot more practical and it's a better car for your money.
Listen to this man.  Best post of the thread.  If you think the 4Runner's repair costs are crazy, just wait until the 30K or 40K ROUTINE maintenance costs come around, and that doesn't include the electrical gremlins that accompany most every BMW.  Forget anything German right now, focus on saving money every month to pay off those student loans and free yourself of that burden.  If you want to get out of the 4Runner, cop an early 2000 Accord with 50-70K on the odo (check craigslist, get it inspected by an independent Honda mechanic in your area and avoid sales tax at the dealer).  I would also think about obtaining a graduate degree beyond your undergrad if still living at home, as you are never going to get another chance to avoid paying rent/ mortgage again in your life.  Life is a serious of steps, sacrifice now, for the rewards later.  My progression: 1979 Oldsmobile Delta 88 > 95 Mustang > 96 Pontiac Grand Prix > 04 G35 Coupe > 12 Porsche Cayman R + 97 NSX.  

Last edited:
Beamers are for leasing. Too many problems. If bought would hafta be CPO naturally aspirated

Last edited:
Get an Infiniti G37, the engine is really good.

This. I miss mine everyday

G sedan > chally > bmw

If u havent had a drivers car before tho.... Do it. Jus make sure do flip before that cpo is up

Last edited:
nooooo disrespect, but this is my advice.

if your asking for this kind of info on NT, i DONT THINK you're ready to be financing a car. (remember, i said "i dont think", not "youre not". bc i dont completely know ur situation.)

1,300 a month is not an income where you should be thinking of financing a car. period. even if you got 2k for a down payment. keep that in your pocket, emergencies happen my dude.

gas, insurance, out of nowhere repairs... ALL are factors, not just a car note.

assuming your credit score is great (700+) maybe you get 0.9 - 1.9 APR based on what youre saying....

car's MSRP is 24K

24K/72 MO = 400 a month payment = 28K total for car. (taxes,fees,interest)

youll be left with 900 a month for gas and insurance.

not fun.

Back
Top Bottom