Should I make a purchase? 2011 BMW 328i xDrive Sedan

Bro i understand. The idea of being young and the urge of driving a nice car with the windows down bumping some Diplomatic Immunity II. Buy something small and cheap now 4-6k range. Drive it for 2-3 years while making more money, and you can probably sell it and get your money back and get something you really want down the line.

Out of all those cars are cool and all, but once again buy something real cheap now just because you need a car. You dont need a brand new car now. Down the line you can get the beamer.

I understand, I jus' don't wanna be going to the mechanic every month. That's why I thought buying new is a good idea

Dipset you hardheaded

The new cars on the page idea is a no-go huh?

Man I make around 2gs monthly and I wouldn't even consider a BMW.
Get a acura or Honda

Are these used Honda's gonna break down every other month?

Generally, no. It depends on how well the previous owner(s) have taken care of the vehicle. Ask to see service records and HAVE THE VEHICLE INSPECTED. If the owner isn't willing to let you take it to a certified shop, or at least meet you there, to have it inspected WALK AWAY.

There is a reason why Hondas and Toyotas hold their value; they tend to be reliable and will last you a long time. And even if something goes wrong, these cars are so abundant that it's extremely easy to find replacement parts either from the dealer, a shop, or a junk yard.

Repair costs for a Honda and repair costs for a BMW are day and night.

Last edited:
I understand. So buying new with my income isn't too bright. Correct?

Buying new with MY income isn't too bright, and I'm pulling in a decent salary.

Buying a new car with any kind of income isn't ever too bright, unless you have enough money where purchases like that aren't really impacting your savings. Outside of collectors vehicles, cars aren't an asset. As soon as you roll off the lot, you lose 30% of your investment. Don't buy a new car unless you're planning on handing it down or driving it until the wheels literally fall off.

Last edited:
Generally, no. It depends on how well the previous owner(s) have taken care of the vehicle. Ask to see service records and HAVE THE VEHICLE INSPECTED. If the owner isn't willing to let you take it to a certified shop, or at least meet you there, to have it inspected WALK AWAY.

There is a reason why Hondas and Toyotas hold their value; they tend to be reliable and will last you a long time. And even if something goes wrong, these cars are so abundant that it's extremely easy to find replacement parts either from the dealer, a shop, or a junk yard.

Repair costs for a Honda and repair costs for a BMW are day and night.

I understand. So buying new with my income isn't too bright. Correct?

Buying new with MY income isn't too bright, and I'm pulling in a decent salary.

Buying a new car with any kind of income isn't ever too bright, unless you have enough money where purchases like that aren't really impacting your savings. Outside of collectors vehicles, cars aren't an asset. As soon as you roll off the lot, you lose 30% of your investment. Don't buy a new car unless you're planning on handing it down or driving it until the wheels literally fall off.

I see. so CPO is a better idea?

used Hondas, Nissans, Toyotas are the most reliable used cars out there

a friend of mine is driving a camry with 175k miles on it for 5 years now and had NO problems with it

**** nissan's emissions system doe...

damn check engine light keeps going on, off, on, off for the same BS...damn knock sensor 

Not for nothing ... Look into the Kia Optimum ... The cars are nice for the price.

Okay but isn't that a $21,000 car? I can get better looking cars for cheaper..

**** nissan's emissions system doe...

damn check engine light keeps going on, off, on, off for the same BS...damn knock sensor 

Dang for real?

+

@CaliKev care to help? If not, get out of the thread.

How many of yall did direct lending rather than financing through the dealership? Better deal on APR?

I'm trying to cop a 13' Altima for $20,000 trading in a 06 Camry + 3000 down .. trying to get a car note lower than 150

Bro i understand. The idea of being young and the urge of driving a nice car with the windows down bumping some Diplomatic Immunity II. Buy something small and cheap now 4-6k range. Drive it for 2-3 years while making more money, and you can probably sell it and get your money back and get something you really want down the line.

Out of all those cars are cool and all, but once again buy something real cheap now just because you need a car. You dont need a brand new car now. Down the line you can get the beamer.
Listen to this man.  I make a very good salary and drive an Audi a5 (German Luxury).  However, i still have my 1994 Honda Accord I use for commuting.  Car runs like no other.  No way my Audi would survive all the driving I do with the Honda.  

You're going to choke yourself with a $1300 a month salary.  That's pennies when it all comes down to the maintenance and up keeping of the BMW.

lmao u dnt want help. uve already gotten it.
and that help is IF you can even afford a car right now (which is debatable), its either toyota or honda and its definitely used. point blank period.

but you dnt wanna hear that. u want someone to cosign this incredibly stupid idea of urs

$1300 a month and copping a $25k car? :smh:

Then those student loans will go right back into default

Okay but isn't that a $21,000 car? I can get better looking cars for cheaper..
Dang for real?

+

@CaliKev care to help? If not, get out of the thread.
well in relation to my post...my car is a 01 Sentra that just crossed the 100k mark so there is bound to be certain issues...other than that tho, no real issues just certain annoyances...

Last edited:
I just don't wanna' go to the mechanic every other month forking over cash. I am already doing that with my 97' 4Runner.

You live at home and wanna drive a Beamer...

if you live at home you should be saving money to move out not blowing it on car that most people lease

Back
Top Bottom