Should the NBA retire the number 23 for Micheal Jordan like the NHL did for Wayne Gretzky?

I don't see why it would be such a "horrible" decision the way some of you guys make it out to be.

Jordan resurrected the sport and is arguably the greatest guard to ever play the game.

they should retire it,nobody,not even lebron will surpass him.
when you think of basketball Jordan is the first name that comes to mind for me,im pretty sure this is the same for most of you.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I don't see why it would be such a "horrible" decision the way some of you guys make it out to be.

Jordan resurrected the sport and is arguably the greatest guard to ever play the game.
That is why.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

That is why.
ill cosign this if were talking hockey wayne gretzky hands down is the best there is, best there was, and best there ever will be.

This is the dumbest thing I've read in a minute... I was just as big a Jordan fan as anyone growing up in the 90's (probably bigger than most) but thisis absolutely ridiculous.

Kareem and the Mailman scored more points than him...

Kareem had more MVPs...

Russell (and 12 others) had more Championships...

Money was nowhere near the top of the list in any other statistical category- rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, etc.

...How is this even a debate?

no. but it would be cool if teams would be very selective when issuing the number. letting basically 2s/3s wear it and they have to at least be an all-star

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I dunno if this has been brought up or not....... but has there been any other sports Star, let alone celebrity, that is bigger than Michael Jordan?
Would this prove relevant for the argument to retire the 23 league wide?
Beckham. Schumacher.

Can't believe this thread is still going. And it's a big deal b/c if you retire Jordan's # but not all the other "arguably" greatestevers, that's a slap in the face to them.

Really? He saved the sport after Bird and Magic did?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

nerd.gif
No, Mez is saying Bird and Magic killed the sport. Jordan saved the League from those losers trying to run it into the ground and making it asboring as curling.
wink.gif

Im gonna keep it short because most you marks in here really dont know your hoops. Osh Kosh go read a David Berri or Hollinger book, cuz all you do anyways isregurgitate their opinions. You have none of your own. I have one thing to say

Who in NBA history has successfully combined individual accomplishments with Team success the way Jordan did.

NO ILL WAIT

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

Who in NBA history has successfully combined individual accomplishments with Team success the way Jordan did.

NO ILL WAIT
why does that merit him getting his number retired?

Originally Posted by codex57

Magic and Bird immediately come to mind.

you must be really old.

on the real, yes nba should retired number 23. despite the fact that many players wanna be like mj and wears 23.

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

Im gonna keep it short because most you marks in here really dont know your hoops. Osh Kosh go read a David Berri or Hollinger book, cuz all you do anyways is regurgitate their opinions. You have none of your own. I have one thing to say

NO ILL WAIT

Bird Magic Kareem Russell. That was easy

ill Give you Bird and Magic, but not Russell, not hte way jordan did it ... certainly not on an individual level

and cmon the key word was THE WAY JORDAN DID

Magic has 1 less ring, and does not have the statistical accolades mj does. same with bird

so it aint easy... try harder

SnkrbyNature wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
Mez 0ne wrote:

nerd.gif

bird and magic wasnt taht exciting, maybe only magic with his no lool passes, but Mj brought a lor of greatness to the NBA. they should retire the number 23

Ladies and gentleman, people like this..........are allowed on Niketalk. This has to stop. We need a damn IQ test to be a member on this board, this isgetting ridiculous.
indifferent.gif

bird and magic wasnt taht exciting

indifferent.gif

SnkrbyNature wrote:
bird and magic wasnt taht exciting, maybe only magic with his no lool passes, but Mj brought a lor of greatness to the NBA. they should retire the number 23

i take it you didnt watch bird and magic
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Anyone who thinks Bird and Magic weren't exciting shouldn't be talking about the NBA. At all.

i swear jordan has some of the most brainwashed fans who aren't able to form their own opinion or provide a legit argument as to why jordan should have hisnumber retired leaguewide. a few people have made a legit argument as to why jordan should have his number retired leaguewide but most can't really providea legit reason why.

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

Originally Posted by codex57

Magic and Bird immediately come to mind.

you must be really old.

on the real, yes nba should retired number 23. despite the fact that many players wanna be like mj and wears 23.
Yes, I've hit puberty. Maybe when you grow some pubes, you'll understand that the NBA has existed longer than the 10 yrs you've beenon this earth.

Back
Top Bottom