Siri vs. Google Now... FIGHT!

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

As an android user I'll probably switch to an iPhone once the 5 is released, Androids can be very buggy at times (currently using Nexus S 4G).
Androids, or just your phone?
My HTC One X is not buggy at all, its ridiculous fast and smooth. 

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

As an android user I'll probably switch to an iPhone once the 5 is released, Androids can be very buggy at times (currently using Nexus S 4G).

Project Butter will solve those "buggy" issues for you

The iphone can get buggy too, when apps crash it will jump you to the homescreen. Android handsets will alert you when a app force closes. The approach is different. I prefer Android approach cause i can chose to close it or report it to the devs and have the devs fix the problem.

Just another reason Apple filed an injunction to stop the sale of the Galaxy Nexus and now the phone is listed as "Coming Soon" in the playstore. Might be to upgrade em to jellybean but we all know the real reason
30t6p3b.gif

Surprised to see so many people who think that Apple is "revolutionary." Apple literally takes components of different OSes and makes them better, wraps it in a fool-proof OS, and then suddenly they are the originators?

laugh.gif

No salt, that's their game and they do it well, but it's just funny to me.

On topic.....I rarely use siri on my 4S so don't really care about google Now

Off topic.....My 4S is jailbroken and I love it but i absolutely hate iTunes.  So i am thinking of making a leap to Windows Phone 8 when it drops later this year.  They keep pushing cloud integration but none of it is as smooth as i want.  Windows phone 8 will have SSD so I will just load everything on that and take it from my PC to my new Windows phone with everything i need on it and finally get rid of Itunes

I don't get why dude was pushing the other phone like, "The voice sounds so human"
it's a just a phone
indifferent.gif
what other kind of voice would it have?
laugh.gif
inb4 Bill Cosby's

Putting out one phone a year hurts Apple....well hurts the consumer more than Apple because they're making huge profits, since people buy anything with a shiny apple on it
When they finally catch up to today's tech, something newer and better comes out and then they wait another year. They always lag in terms of technology and features.

For Android it's a gift and a curse because the next great Android phone is always around the corner. After 4.0 the updates will be a lot more uniformed though.

Left android for the iPhone with no complaints. To date i've powered down my iPhone 1 time, because jailbreak required it. iPhone 5 is going to be huge: Redesign+iOS6+4G and whatever else thrown in. Copped.

While I love my iPad 2 and had the TF-101, apple not putting Siri on the iPad 2 is bull. I use the voice search feature on chrome all the time with no problem. So they can throw that extra microphone bs out the window and give us the %$%#. Gave my TF away though. Hard to find a charger for it

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

^they got cheaper & better.
example the nexus 7

Better how? What android tablet is more powerful specs wise than then new iPad? Bring up the benchmarks google can only compete with the kindle fire at this point. People swear apple is cookie cutter with specs but the gpus they use consistently are better than android devices on the market and upcoming.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

example the nexus 7

Better how? What android tablet is more powerful specs wise than then new iPad? Bring up the benchmarks google can only compete with the kindle fire at this point. People swear apple is cookie cutter with specs but the gpus they use consistently are better than android devices on the market and upcoming.
My Sony S Tablet works just fine, very responsive, I like it more than my parent's Ipad 2.

example the nexus 7

The Nexus 7 has an SoC with 4 Cortex-A9's, compared to the new iPad's 2. The iPad's GPU is better, but that's because it has to push almost two times as many pixels. And, as you're saying, specs aren't everything. With JB, Google improved responsiveness across the board, so the Nexus 7 is buttery smooth. At $200, that's a pretty damn good value.

Originally Posted by mp3911

example the nexus 7

The Nexus 7 has an SoC with 4 Cortex-A9's, compared to the new iPad's 2. The iPad's GPU is better, but that's because it has to push almost two times as many pixels. And, as you're saying, specs aren't everything. With JB, Google improved responsiveness across the board, so the Nexus 7 is buttery smooth. At $200, that's a pretty damn good value.

Im talking pure specs now which Android tablet is comparable to the new iPad? Not the year and a half old iPad 2? It's cool I didn't expect anyone to flat out say Apple has the most powerful tablet out it doesn't fit the normal agenda. Don't know why we are forcing ourselves to buy budget technology now I guess it's cool since google is pushing it...

Im talking pure specs now which Android tablet is comparable to the new iPad? Not the year and a half old iPad 2? It's cool I didn't expect anyone to flat out say Apple has the most powerful tablet out it doesn't fit the normal agenda. Don't know why we are forcing ourselves to buy budget technology now I guess it's cool since google is pushing it...

Yeah, Apple's got the most powerful tablet out. However, its CPU isn't as powerful as one in Android devices. Why should I spend $300 extra to buy an iPad over a Nexus 7? The only reason I can think of is apps, but as Android matures, more tablet-optimized apps are popping up in the Play Store. Even now, some big apps are coming over like Instapaper.

I seriously hope Apple is paying some of you dudes, the way you defend that company.

The discussion was about smartphones, now you want to talk about tablets to save face.

Apple currently has the best tablets on the market but not the best smartphones.

Bottom line.

Give an "iPhoner" an S3 and I wanna hear them say it honestly isn't a great phone. Even after the new iPhone comes out.

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

e289f916_Applelawyerlogic.allcredittobonkersworld.comnotmineiacceptall_57df5b_3858939.jpeg
Basically the logic behind the injunctions that Apple is winning over Samsung. The patents they are arguing over infringement are vague and general as hell.lol
Thing I don't get is, when kids had the sidekick, it was considered a kid phone. Kids have iPhones, why isn't that considered a kid phone? 

Back
Top Bottom