Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

^ I'd be willing to take him on the Lakers ONLY if LO is not an option........but what are the chances of a deallike that(thanks again Memphis) happens again
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Beats05

Kings' forward Ron Artest has continued to lament his decision to pass on the chance to become a free agent and is now hoping that he will be traded to a team more committed to him, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

The Lakers are the early favorites to land Artest, especially after rumors of an Artest-for-Lamar Odom deal between Los Angeles and Sacramento surfaced last week.

Ron is disappointed that the Kings haven't shown more interest in giving him a long-term deal.

"It's weird because [the] Maloofs [were] high on me [after] the initial trade," Artest said, referring to the January 2006 deal that brought him from the Pacers to the Kings. "But during this opt-out time in my career I have not heard from them. That should have been a sign to me that my future in [Sacramento] is N/A or undetermined."

"In a way I wish this [coming 2008-09 season] would have been [Reggie Theus'] first year, and [Rick Adelman] would have left this summer because it could have showed how much [of] a winner I am. Guys like Adelman and Rick Carlisle [brought] that out of me. Isiah [Thomas] was going to bring that out of me if he didn't get fired [by the Knicks]. A coach like Phil Jackson can bring that out me."
Apparently Artest demanded a trade yesterday. And wow I feel sorry for Reggie Theus. Artest just took a shot at him that's gotta sting. Well I guess this upcoming week should be an interesting one for the Kings. As long as we get a 10+ rebound per game guy, I'll be happy. David Lee, Zach Randolph, or Lamar Odom would all be welcome additions to the team.
This dude is a complete and utter douche bag. What a peice of sh*^. So his stupid a^& couldn't figure out that opting out he could have joined the Lakers without them giving away a friend of his, instead he stays, then changes his mind minutes after the deadline, hoping to join the same team even though it means trading away a key peice. He then tells us what a "winner" he is, although he's never won jack sh*^ in his career.

And yet, Laker fans are drooling for this guy.
smh.gif

F that.

Dude wants to go to a team that will sign him to an extension. He doesn't care about the Lakers. Money talks.

The whole reason he didn't opt out, was because he didn't think he'd get more then the MLE, since teams are so cash strapped.

But he saw what Diddy, Brand and Magette did, opt out, and saw the type of contracts they got, and he ended up regretting not doing the same.

if i was the clippers i would offer iggy a ridiculously large contract just to spite them, because they kno they have to match it no matter what lol

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Why the hell do the clips want Randolph that bad

I dont get it
I don't get it either and I'm a Clipper fan. I would almost feel worse about the team signing Randolph than I did about them losing Brand. Don't do it Elgin (or Dunleavy, or whoever the hell is making decisions right now).

co-sign
tired.gif

Clipper fan here too, but I'm not so quick to knock the Randolph pursuit yet. What is his contract status? How many years left how much per year? Ifthere is anyway to get rid of Cat Mobley and Tim Thomas without getting locked in for too long on an expensive deal with Randolph, that would make me allsmiles.

In a series of e-mails he sent to ESPN.com late Saturday and early Sunday, Ron Artest continued to lament his decision to pass on an opportunity to become a free agent July 1 by announcing that he is now representing himself without an agent and expressing hope that he will soon be traded to "a team out there that can be more committed than Sacramento to me." That team is believed to be the Los Angeles Lakers. ESPN.com

But NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com on Sunday that the Lakers -- fond as they are of Artest and confident as they are that they can get the best out of him through Phil Jackson's coaching and Artest's respect for Bryant -- are reluctant to part with Odom in an Artest swap. That stance, if the Lakers hold firm, would almost certainly prompt Sacramento to look elsewhere for a trade partner. ESPN.com

Artest, for his part, is now openly pushing for a move, telling ESPN.com that he's suddenly feeling a chill from Kings co-owners Joe and Gavin Maloof in the same desert where, just two summers ago in 2006, Joe Maloof proclaimed him to be the new "face of our franchise." ESPN.com

"It's weird because [the] Maloofs [were] high on me [after] the initial trade," Artest wrote, referring to the January 2006 deal that brought him from the Indiana Pacers to the Kings in exchange for Peja Stojakovic. "But during this opt-out time in my career I have not heard from them. That should have been a sign to me that my future in [Sacramento] is N/A or undetermined." ESPN.com

"After being around the Kings and letting the missed opportunity soak in, it makes me hungry to play good basketball this year," Artest wrote Sunday. "My agent at the time [Mark Stevens] did not pay attention to the last minute of the opt-out hour and David Falk and all these other agents pulled a fast one. They were so smart to opt out [at] the last minute." ESPN.com

Sacramento had serious Artest talks with the Denver Nuggets at the February trading deadline and Petrie's fellow GMs surely haven't forgotten the initial impact Artest had on the Kings when he arrived. ESPN.com

With Shawn Marion and the Heat expected to resume contract talks shortly, several teams -- including the Clippers and Golden State -- have expressed an interest in acquiring him. The issue, though, will be whether any offers will be more appealing than keeping Marion long-term or allowing his deal to expire next summer to sign Utah's Carlos Boozer. Although Pat Riley said he wants to keep Marion, Miami's first offer wasn't close to Marion's wishes. Miami Herald

The Warriors like Marion, 30, and likely would deal Al Harrington (who is due $9.2 million and $10.2 million over the next two seasons), but appear reluctant to include restricted free agent center Andris Biedrins in a sign-and-trade. Point guard Monta Ellis told the Warriors that Miami is among teams he would love to be traded to, but Golden State hasn't been receptive. A Marion-Warriors scenario might need a third team.

The most logical hypothetical would be Marion to the Lakers for Lamar Odom (one year left at $14.5 million) and Chris Mihm ($2.5 million), but the Lakers first said publicly they are keeping Odom, and now, according to The Sacramento Bee, have offered Odom for Sacramento's Ron Artest. A Marion/Artest trade would hurt Miami because the Heat would have to assume the last two years of either Kenny Thomas' or Shareef Abdur-Rahim's bloated contracts. Miami Herald

The Orlando Magic have offered Keyon Dooling a contract, but it likely isn't enough for him to return and back up starting point guard Jameer Nelson. Magic General Manager Otis Smith said Sunday that the club has offered Dooling the biannual exception, a two-year deal worth about $3.8 million or $1.9 million per season. Dooling made almost that much last season ($3.5 million). Orlando Sentinel

Magic: Smith said that Arroyo is "still in the point-guard race." The pickings on the free-agent market are slim. "We all know the names," Coach Stan Van Gundy said, rattling off a list. Orlando Sentinel

Smith has said he "likes" former Heat and Gators point guard Jason Williams. Also in play are veterans Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue. "There's a couple guys we like at that spot who are in the mix," Smith said. "We'll see how it goes."

Celtics forward James Posey's agent, Mark Bartelstien, said Sunday that there could be "something" contract-wise for his client on Monday. Bartelstien would not divulge the interested teams, but an NBA source said that the Hornets seem to be Boston's main competition. Boston Globe

Veteran point guard Tyronn Lue said Sunday that he has a physical examination scheduled with the Heat at 5 a.m. Monday and that he expects to receive an offer from the team if there are no red flags. Lue, who was slowed by a strained calf last season, said he then would decide among the Heat, Phoenix and Boston but wasn't sure which he would choose. Miami Herald

Lue, 6-0, said he would be willing to accept the Heat's $1.9 million biannual exception, which is the only exception money the team has left after spending its $5.6 million mid-level exception on James Jones and rookie Mario Chalmers. The Heat also can sign players to the veteran's minimum, which tops out at $1.3 million. Miami Herald

Unlike in Boston or Phoenix, should Lue sign here, he could start immediately, and at least keep the position warm for second-round surprise Mario Chalmers. It also would put the Heat in position to put its sole focus on the trade market into acquiring a center upgrade on Mark Blount.

LeBron James, of course, has indicated the same of playing for the Nets, who have already cleared out the requisite salary-cap space for '10. The Heat also has made 2010 a focus, which is among the reasons it has been taking a low profile in this summer's free agency, utilizing its salary-cap exceptions on short and small deals for James Jones, Mario Chalmers and, possibly, Tyronn Lue. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Last night, Brand said he has been assured by management that it will, indeed, match any offer made to Iguodala. Iguodala averaged 19.9 points per game last season, predominantly playing small forward. Last summer, he passed on the Sixers' $57 million extension offer, rolling the dice that his 2007-08 season would increase his value. Philadelphia Inquirer

The Los Angeles Clippers, who lost unrestricted free agent forward Elton Brand to the 76ers last week, are trying to determine which remaining free agent might best fit their needs. And, according to a rumor circulating through the NBA, it could be the Sixers' Andre Iguodala. The rumor suggested that the Clippers, via coach Mike Dunleavy, already have had contact with Iguodala, who was in Las Vegas Saturday to watch the Sixers' summer league team play the Denver Nuggets. The contact, though, supposedly came in the days before that game. Philadelphia Daily News

The Clippers already have met with forward Josh Smith, the Atlanta Hawks' restricted free agent who was courted by the Sixers before the signing of Brand. Philadelphia Daily News

The Clippers have about $12 million in salary-cap space after losing Brand (5 years, $79.8 million) and Corey Maggette (Golden State,5 years, nearly $50 million). They have added Warriors unrestricted free agent Baron Davis (5 years, $65 million). Philadelphia Daily News

After watching general manager Jim Stack pace with his cell phone stuck in his ear most of Sunday, it feels like the Wolves are closer to signing one or some of their own free agents. Ryan Gomes, the team's No. 1 target, has been waiting for other teams to sign the bigger name free agents apparently still hoping someone will have the money to give him a full midlevel exception. James Posey's signing somewhere could expedite Gomes' signing, but it might not necessarily take that long for Gomes, a restricted free agent, to strike a deal here or elsewhere. If he signs an offer sheet with another team, the Wolves have seven days to match or let him go free. Minneapolis Star Tribune

Meanwhile, the Clippers are definitely trying to steal Zach Randolph. Walsh doesn't feel comfortable just giving him up in a firesale to get under the cap. He wants a guy back who can play and, of course, whose contract expires before 2010. I disagree. I'd give up Randolph in a heartbeat for a second-rounder in the most important move that would get them under the cap. What would make the most sense is if the Knicks can pry a 2010 first-round pick from the Clips. The Knicks will lose their 2010 first-rounder from the Marbury trade. NY Post

Donnie Walsh rejected a deal that would have sent Zach Randolph to the L.A. Clippers, who recently lost Elton Brand to free agency. But there is a good chance the trade could be revisited within the next two months. NY Daily News

The Knicks are also weighing their options with point guard Stephon Marbury, who will earn $21 million in the final year of his contract. If the Knicks can't trade Marbury, there is a strong possibility they will release him. Marbury demonstrated his commitment to the team by showing up for a voluntary three-day training camp this past week. It was also a way for Marbury to show prospective employers that he is finally serious about salvaging his career. Another player who likely will be jettisoned is backup center Jerome James. NY Daily News

The Knicks are shopping Zach Randolph's contract in their bid to get under the 2010 salary cap and may have to hook David Lee in to entice teams. The under-the-cap Clippers and the Knicks have discussed a Randolph trade, reportedly with L.A. offering a second-round pick. Donnie Walsh prefers getting at least some talent back. NY Post

The Knicks haven't made up their mind if they want to give Lee a long-term contract extension by October - as he'll be seeking a salary starting at $6 million at the least. Lee becomes a free agent after the season and Gallinari plays his position - a taller, better-shooting version. NY Post

Jamal Crawford, who arrived in Vegas yesterday, is also in danger of being moved because his contract cuts into 2010 when LeBron James becomes free. "It's weird because everybody's looking at 2010 and there's a reason, there's great players out there," Crawford said. "But we still need good players now." Still, Crawford added change might be good "to break up the monotony a little bit." NY Post

The Warriors aren't sitting by idly as they wait to see if the Lakers match Golden State's four-year, $17 million offer to Ronny Turiaf. The team continues to make inquiries into acquiring a point guard, league sources said, though it appears unlikely that a big name like Chauncey Billups or Kirk Hinrich will be landing in Oakland soon. San Francisco Chronicle

Indications are that the Warriors are intent on having Monta Ellis replace Baron Davis at the point and giving Ellis room to grow. Vice president Chris Mullin said that talks on contracts for Ellis and Andris Biedrins, both restricted free agents, remain ongoing. San Francisco Chronicle

And though a league source said Ellis has drawn sign-and-trade interest from the Heat, Cavs and Blazers, nothing is likely to materialize. Any scenario would require approval from the Warriors, who are intent on keeping Ellis and Biedrins. San Francisco Chronicle

A team source indicated today that the Pistons are not "remotely" close to a deal for Houston Rockets superstar Tracy McGrady. Metronews.ca, which is based in Toronto, said in an Internet report - but cited no sources - that the Pistons are "making a big push for McGrady." Detroit Free Press

Knicks: "I'd love to be part of this when it turns around," David Lee said, "because I've earned the right to be part of it when it turns around after all the stuff we've been through the last few years as a team." NY Newsday

David Lee said his biggest hurdle was getting through draft night without being traded. A deal was discussed that would have sent him to the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for Memphis' fifth overall pick and forward Brian Cardinal. Donnie Walsh wanted this deal because the Knicks were trying to get into the top five for a shot at guard O.J. Mayo. A report said Lee killed the trade when he informed the Grizzlies that he would not be interested in signing a contract extension when he becomes a restricted free agent next summer. NY Newsday

The Portland Trail Blazers play their first summer-league game Monday night against Washington, but Blazers front-office chief Kevin Pritchard has squelched any notion that Greg Oden might make a cameo in one or two of the Blazers' five games. ESPN.com

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by hdogg523

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

ill take mcgrady in mia... the rockets can take marion and haslem

no its alright you can keep them

That's a steal for Houston if it weren't for Marion asking for such a big contract. Marion ~ Tracy, and Haslem is the best role playing PF in the League IMO (before you get all hyped up about it, Dirk, Elton, Amare, Bosh, etc. do not count, they're not role players).

marion is a glorified role player son,

and so is tmac....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

That's a steal for Houston if it weren't for Marion asking for such a big contract. Marion ~ Tracy, and Haslem is the best role playing PF in the League IMO (before you get all hyped up about it, Dirk, Elton, Amare, Bosh, etc. do not count, they're not role players).

and so is tmac....

Oh no, here we go....

Why would they write something about Detroit and Houston coming from Toronto? I doubt its true and i hope its not true cause i dont want Tmac.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Why would they write something about Detroit and Houston coming from Toronto? I doubt its true and i hope its not true cause i dont want Tmac.

Don't worry, the report is bogus.

It was being reported by some obscure Toronto newspaper.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

and so is tmac....

Oh no, here we go....
roll.gif

and so is tmac....

one that is able to lead his team to 2 games shy of the first seed WITHOUT yao ming for the last 35 games or so? yes, role players do that.

Originally Posted by krey1231

I would love David Lee on the Lakers.

eyes.gif
i wouldn't... first were interested in adding a different version of radman, and now a different version of Luke?... cmon, i know Lee's gameis a different style than Luke's but still... cant help but to believe were adding the same damn dude.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Going after Iggy looks good on paper but since he's a RFA inking him is far from reality.
tired.gif

I honestly think you guys are going to get Iggy if you give him a big offer. I'd say if they offer Iggy 70 Mil or more sign and trade him ( if thatspossible) or let him walk.
Iggy's a good player but not 60 million worth.

Artest to LA would be nice but not for Odom... especially when he could've come to LA for no players.

It especially pisses me off to see Sacramento fans and papers thinking that Artest is much more valuable than Odom. Why is it LA's duty to take on a badcontract when it's Odom who's better? They need to round out the deal with something decent, not filler crap like Kenny Thomas.

I see all these fans write to the Sac paper talking about how to build a winner and how they need to get Artest away and bring in a new star. Except for thefew years that the team clicked together (albeit with players that other teams discarded, as well as little-know players looking for their opportunities), theSacramento Kings are basically a wasteland. It's where most players don't want to go unless other teams aren't giving them money. It's wherethey have to rely on mostly little-known players and convince themselves they've found gold. Yet the fans think they're this cherished team with anopportunity to become a huge winner.
grin.gif

Ron Artest is a better basketball player and a better fit for LA than Odom right now.

....but you never know if he'll have his head on straight

I honestly think you guys are going to get Iggy if you give him a big offer. I'd say if they offer Iggy 70 Mil or more sign and trade him ( if thats possible) or let him walk.
Iggy's a good player but not 60 million worth.
I actually want them to make the offer so we can match and he can stop crying. He turned down our $59 million offer and I hear that the Clipperscan only offer 12 a season. If they offer $70 million then that's just stupid.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Ron Artest is a better basketball player and a better fit for LA than Odom right now.

I don't think so. Odom has a lot more skills and while they might not come out on the Lakers, they can come out on the Kings and the deal would turn outto be lopsided. Plus he's smarter, doesn't jack up stupid shots, and Artest is more likely to conflict with the other stars than Odom.

If they were to do this deal it should be straight up, or in favor of the Lakers not the Kings.

Skill wise...sure...Odom is almost as good as they come...

But he is what he is...and for the most part it's a talented, but passive player.

He'd have to be the 2nd option in SAC....not what he's suited for.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Lue left Miami without an offer

Thank god

if miami would have signed lue i think it would have been better for miami.... miami would have had 2 pg to play and then be able to ship marion andbanks... their contracts combined are around 20mill.... that money can go to a good center

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I don't think so. Odom has a lot more skills and while they might not come out on the Lakers, they can come out on the Kings and the deal would turn out to be lopsided. Plus he's smarter, doesn't jack up stupid shots, and Artest is more likely to conflict with the other stars than Odom.

If they were to do this deal it should be straight up, or in favor of the Lakers not the Kings.

The Kings are well aware that Lamar Odom can't handle being the 1st, 2nd or 3rd option on a team. Please consider this in your responses
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom