Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Please just step back and look at this. Odom has more skills and brings more to a team than Artest. Even if Odom stayed passive, he would still be a betterfit. I think he would play like he did in Miami.

Also there's a very real chance that Artest would just cause problems on the court with Kobe and Pau and Bynum. That is more of a problem for the Lakersthan Odom being passive is a problem for the Kings. Please consider this.

My Fellow Lakers fans are blinded by their feelings for LO

He only does one thing good, and thats rebound.and that is gonna change next year with Bynum and Gasol together.
people forget Artest is a former ALL STAR, something Lamar Odom will NEVER be.
Artest can shoot- Odom Cant
Artest makes layups - Odom Cant
Artest plays Defense - Odom Doesnt
Artest has post offense - Odom Does not
Artest can drive - Odom cant

only thing Odom has over Artest is, Height, Rebounding, ball handling. all things that can easily be traded for what Artest brings to the table.

DO IT MITCH!!!!
Trade for Artest, if you love Lamar so much, we can pick him back up when he a free agent next year.

[h1]Agent Told Memphis Not To Trade For Knicks' Lee?[/h1]

[h3]
Lee_David_nyk.jpg

David Lee is nervous that his time in New York may be coming to an end, but he does understand it is a business.[/h3]

According to the New York Post, after meeting with Coach Mike D'Antoni for lunch, Lee found out the reason his name keeps appearing in rumors is because the Knicks are trying to move Zach Randolph, and Lee would be included to try to entice another team into taking Randolph's large contract off the Knicks' hands.

Before the NBA Draft Lee was close to being dealt to Memphis in a trade which would have landed New York the Grizzlies' first round pick, #5 overall.

Lee did not deny his agent Mark Bartlestein before the draft advised Memphis not to trade for him because Lee would never sign a long-term contract with the Grizzlies.

"I don't know what happened on his end," Lee said. "His job is to represent his players."
[h2]Acie Law Feels He Has 'Much To Prove'[/h2]
Jul 14, 2008 7:51 AM EST

atl_40.gif
Hawks' point guard Acie Law IV feels as though he has a lot to prove heading into his second NBA season, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"I had high expectations for my rookie season, and I didn't get to show off my game," Law said last week. "I feel like I have so much to prove. This is the first step. But I'm really looking forward to training camp and proving to my teammates, the new General Manager [Rick Sund] and coach that I can play."

Law averaged 4.2 points and 2.0 assists and shot just 20.6 percent from beyond the 3-point line and 40 percent from the floor during his first season.

"I'm just so hungry. And it's kind of like replaying the way things went for me in college, though I hate to go back to that, but it's true. People are doubting me, I've got something to prove. And I have to prove what I think I am, what I know I am," Law added.
[h2]Good Chance Knicks And Clips Will Discuss Randolph Trade Again[/h2]
Jul 14, 2008 10:38 AM EST

lac_40.gif
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News writes that although the Knicks rejected the Clippers' initial attempt to trade for Zach Randolph, "there is a good chance the trade could be revisited within the next two months."

Via New York Daily News
[h2]Shawn Marion Attracting Lots Of Interest[/h2]
Jul 13, 2008 8:25 AM EST

mia_40.gif
Forward Shawn Marion has attracted a lot of interest this month as teams such as the Clippers and Warriors have contacted the Heat, according to The Miami Herald.

The Heat have to decide if dealing Marion for help now is better than signing him to a long-term deal or allowing his contract to expire for salary cap relief next summer.

Both the Lakers and Raptors have expressed interest in Marion, as well, but Toronto is likely out of contention after dealing T.J. Ford for Jermaine O'Neal.

ONLY if LO is not an option.
laugh.gif
i'd take ron-ron + radmanovic for artest + cash orkenny thomas.

F Odom and Radmanovic. Dudes shot selection and decisions on court were horrible during the playoffs.

It'd be crazy if iggy goes to the clippers
laugh.gif
I can see B diddylaughing somewhere if/when that happens
roll.gif
"take that B!"
laugh.gif

Artest is a "ball stopper" while Odom is an excellent passer...the triangle is built around passing

I don't know

Odom does appear to fit better in the Triangle, but his lack of testicular fortitude on display in the finals can not be ignored. If anything, Artest willnever do that which is already a big plus.

I think its worth the risk of having Artest, considering you have Phil & Kobe to look after his craziness. Artest is also a superior defender and as hasbeen proven, defense wins championships.

Artest is a baller on the offensive end too.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

ONLY if LO is not an option.
laugh.gif
i'd take ron-ron + radmanovic for artest + cash or kenny thomas.

F Odom and Radmanovic. Dudes shot selection and decisions on court were horrible during the playoffs.

It'd be crazy if iggy goes to the clippers
laugh.gif
I can see B diddy laughing somewhere if/when that happens
roll.gif
"take that B!"
laugh.gif

what?

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Going after Iggy looks good on paper but since he's a RFA inking him is far from reality.
tired.gif

Not that I'd complain if they signed Iggy, but I think the Clippers have a much bigger need at PF with Brand gone. I'm confident that Thornton ismore than going to pick up the slack for the loss of Maggette, so I don't really know why they need Iggy.

Why the heck would the Clippers go after Iggy?

PG-Diddy
SG-Gordon
SF-Thornton
PF-???
C-Kaman

Clippers stay making terrible decisions
smh.gif

roll.gif
Odom is not even close to Artest skill-wise. Sure you pointed outArtest's flaws. But what about Odom's? Dude gets rebounds then dribbles cross-court with his head down then just jacks up the most random lay-ups thatof course miss badly 8 out of 10 times. The only reason I'd take him in a trade for Artest is because he's better than any PF on our team. I mean hecan actually grab rebounds, a skill nobody on the Kings has. Plus we're good at the 3. John Salmons is ready to start and Garcia needs more playing time.Those 2 shined when Artest was "injured," and with him playing, those 2 are practically useless. So this is definitely not talent-for-talent;it's need for need. Do the Lakers really want Vladmir Radmonovic and Luke Walton guarding Allen and Pierce next year? Do the Kings really want Mikki Mooreat the starting PF position next year? It just makes sense for both teams.

But don't for a second think Odom is better than Artest. Artest has a Defensive Player of the Year Award, has averaged over 20 points multiple times, hasled the league or been in the top 3 for steals for many many years, has at least one all-star appearance I can think of off the top of my head, and is justflat-out the best defender of 2's and 3's in the game. Sure he's a crackhead on offense, but that's only because he has to be a 2nd option inSac (although he insists he's the first option...). In LA he can concentrate on defense, something he said he'd do with Gasol and Bryant carrying thescoring load. And don't forget, Odom is even more of a crackhead on offense. Sac wants him for the rebounding, period.

Ideally I want Zach Randolph or David Lee though. I'd only take Odom if NY is unwilling to trade or if LA is stupid enough to take on K9's crappycontract.

And the shot about the "little-known players" we think are "gold"...don't kid yourself. Kevin Martin is the future. He's at the topof the league in free throw attempts and makes and is only coming off his 3rd year in the league. He scores 24 ppg on 15 fg's per game. About 50% from thefield, 40% from the three point line, 90% from the FT line, hits game winners. It's absurd how people are so high off of Monta Ellis but diss K-Mart, whois the better player by far.

Originally Posted by AirForce1s

man yuku is so stupid.....

if the lakers can steal ron from the kings without losing odom itd be nuts

then lebron would really be salty as the lakers would be buying championships
roll.gif

man i hope miami doesnt get rid of marion. On a different note, NY must make some trades before the season starts if they want to have a better record thisyear!!

2 Questions:

1. Would it hurt Iggy or Josh Smith (minus injury) to not sign any offer sheets this year and just wait to next year and listen/go wherever they want?

2. How much cap space do teams like the Nets, Knicks etc. need to clear for Summer 2010. It seems they can't sign ANYBODY or trade for ANYBODY with acontract in 2010? Could a team just offer a max deal and go over the cap if they wanted someone that bad?

Originally Posted by paidndade

2 Questions:

1. Would it hurt Iggy or Josh Smith (minus injury) to not sign any offer sheets this year and just wait to next year and listen/go wherever they want?

2. How much cap space do teams like the Nets, Knicks etc. need to clear for Summer 2010. It seems they can't sign ANYBODY or trade for ANYBODY with a contract in 2010? Could a team just offer a max deal and go over the cap if they wanted someone that bad?

1) If Iggy or Josh can get their money right now, they might as well... Neither guy is gonna turn into a max deal type player after this year, so if youcan get 13-15 mil a year right now, why wait?

2) You have to get far enough under the cap to take on a max deal... So about 20 millionish... You cannot offer a max deal unless you've got the capspace to do so. Can't go over the cap to sign a new player. That deal would have to fit into whatever cap space you have on hand...

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Ron Artest is a better basketball player and a better fit for LA than Odom right now.

....but you never know if he'll have his head on straight

Truth how can people not see this??

Ron Ron

20.5 pts 5.8 rpg 3.5 apg 2.3 spg
LO
14.3 pts 10 rpg 3 apg 1 spg

people need to realize that his boards are gona be cut in half either way with andrew and pau in the line up! and LO is gona get killed on D while on faster3s! do it mitch
smokin.gif
i would say go for Marion if dude wanted to win
eyes.gif
but.......

The Clippers would be stupid to go after Iggy. He's good but they don't really need him.
Their biggest need is at PF.
If the Clipps go after Iggy, I would think it's mainly to spite the Sixers and Brand......which is the wrong reason if they're trying to build a goodteam.

They should focus on someone who can play PF.

Now, let's talk Lakers.
At first, I was all for trading Odom for Artest. Artest brings defense and toughness and is a true SF. I don't like the idea of other small forwards in inleague burning us coz Odom can't guard them.
However, I've had a chance to rethink about this.I say we keep Odom. With Turiaf gone, we need another big man. We can have a 3 man rotation at the PF andCenter position. When either Pau or Bynum goes to the bench, we can move Odom back to the PF position. Pau can play center when Bynum is on the bench.
I say the Lakers should give Odom a chance to play next season. If it doesn't work out, trade him before the deadline.

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Ron Artest is a better basketball player and a better fit for LA than Odom right now.

I don't think so. Odom has a lot more skills and while they might not come out on the Lakers, they can come out on the Kings and the deal would turn out to be lopsided. Plus he's smarter, doesn't jack up stupid shots, and Artest is more likely to conflict with the other stars than Odom.

If they were to do this deal it should be straight up, or in favor of the Lakers not the Kings.

The Kings are well aware that Lamar Odom can't handle being the 1st, 2nd or 3rd option on a team. Please consider this in your responses
laugh.gif

So everyone forgot what LO did in Miami?

Originally Posted by KwestMajik

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I don't think so. Odom has a lot more skills and while they might not come out on the Lakers, they can come out on the Kings and the deal would turn out to be lopsided. Plus he's smarter, doesn't jack up stupid shots, and Artest is more likely to conflict with the other stars than Odom.

If they were to do this deal it should be straight up, or in favor of the Lakers not the Kings.

The Kings are well aware that Lamar Odom can't handle being the 1st, 2nd or 3rd option on a team. Please consider this in your responses
laugh.gif

So everyone forgot what LO did in Miami?

Exactly what I've been saying. I think I did "consider it in my responses." I'm not saying don't trade him, I just don't want totrade him if the Lakers should be getting more... especially if he turns out to be a beast on his own and the Kings make away like bandits.

Back
Top Bottom