Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

i still dont get why everyone expects bynum to be back to what he was. i mean if he doesnt hold up then everyone is going to complain why they traded LO forron. i dont think they need ron artest. they were 2 games away from winning it all. its not like they lost in the first round. give them another shot next yearwhen the actually get to play a FULL season together.

If I'm the Lakers, I play out this year with Bynum healthy and see what I've got on my hands... Then make moves next year near the deadline or in theoffseason if I came up short...

Originally Posted by KwestMajik

So everyone forgot what LO did in Miami?

u can list me under this group, im aware that he didnt make any all star appearances in the east which lacked the kind of quality at forward that the westhad and that the heat made it to the playoffs his final year in miami which came alongside the rise of d wade

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Ron Artest is a better basketball player and a better fit for LA than Odom right now.

....but you never know if he'll have his head on straight

I don't think so. Odom has a lot more skills and while they might not come out on the Lakers, they can come out on the Kings and the deal would turn out to be lopsided. Plus he's smarter, doesn't jack up stupid shots, and Artest is more likely to conflict with the other stars than Odom.

If they were to do this deal it should be straight up, or in favor of the Lakers not the Kings.

The Kings are well aware that Lamar Odom can't handle being the 1st, 2nd or 3rd option on a team. Please consider this in your responses
laugh.gif

Exactly what I've been saying. I think I did "consider it in my responses." I'm not saying don't trade him, I just don't want to trade him if the Lakers should be getting more... especially if he turns out to be a beast on his own and the Kings make away like bandits.

who cares if dude is a beast in Sac hes holding the Lakers down!! and i like LO but he needs to play some D with Pau in the line up were soft as is but whocan say no to a line up with Kobe when hes locked in on D, we know Andrew can block shots with the best of them, Artest has proven hes a stopper and Fish isconstant when not playing D Williams
embarassed.gif
... thats what tis team needsresign Sasha and let Roney get that money
frown.gif

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i still dont get why everyone expects bynum to be back to what he was. i mean if he doesnt hold up then everyone is going to complain why they traded LO for ron. i dont think they need ron artest. they were 2 games away from winning it all. its not like they lost in the first round. give them another shot next year when the actually get to play a FULL season together.

if we dont trade him and bynum is not what he was last season we take the same team into boston and get L slapped two years in a row
indifferent.gif
... I cant live with that!!!

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by hdogg523

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

ill take mcgrady in mia... the rockets can take marion and haslem

no its alright you can keep them

That's a steal for Houston if it weren't for Marion asking for such a big contract. Marion ~ Tracy, and Haslem is the best role playing PF in the League IMO (before you get all hyped up about it, Dirk, Elton, Amare, Bosh, etc. do not count, they're not role players).

marion is a glorified role player son,

and so is tmac....

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

I don't get why LA fans want Artest?

I mean, I'm a fan of Artest, but Odom is clearly the better fit.

All the Lakers really need is a healthy Bynum back. That's what did the Lakers in in the Finals. No inside presence to protect the paint/glass.

the kings are not trading artest to the lakers ...that will not happen! stop it with that...the only way he will be on the lakers is when his contract expiresafter this year ...but the kings will probably trade him to another team before then but def not the lakers

Originally Posted by franchise3

All the Lakers really need is a healthy Bynum back. That's what did the Lakers in in the Finals. No inside presence to protect the paint/glass.

laker fans and myself want ron artest because of his attitude, we all know the guy's crazy but with an attitude like his "no lay ups"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
- an attitude like that is something some of us want and add to the fact thelakers perimeter defense was exposed last year, yes kobe's defense is very good but he could use some help, bynum will bring security inside but defenseoutside and inside from ron can only help
add to that the fact that i think odom's stats are replacable with the addition of bynum and that i still dontknow what odom brings to the table

I agree LA needs more mental toughness (RON) but I don't think it's worth giving up Odom... especially if LA could've had Ron and Odom if not forsome stupidity.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

laker fans and myself want ron artest because of his attitude, we all know the guy's crazy but with an attitude like his "no lay ups"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
- an attitude like that is something some of us want and add to the fact the lakers perimeter defense was exposed last year, yes kobe's defense is very good but he could use some help, bynum will bring security inside but defense outside and inside from ron can only help
add to that the fact that i think odom's stats are replacable with the addition of bynum and that i still dont know what odom brings to the table

i keep quoting you but finally someone gets it! LOs production will be lost with andrew LO is not a 3 Ron is, Ron plays D what we need LO does not. How isLO a better fit? because he plays no D and does not play the open position in our starting 5? Ron is a perfect fit while LO is a tolerable fit! Someone explainwhy LO is a better fit and do not say because we made it to the finals last year we lost damn it and yea andrew will help but that has nothing to do withLO.....

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i still dont get why everyone expects bynum to be back to what he was. i mean if he doesnt hold up then everyone is going to complain why they traded LO for ron. i dont think they need ron artest. they were 2 games away from winning it all. its not like they lost in the first round. give them another shot next year when the actually get to play a FULL season together.

if we dont trade him and bynum is not what he was last season we take the same team into boston and get L slapped two years in a row
indifferent.gif
... I cant live with that!!!
what makes you think ron can take you to the finals? i think he was at his best a few years back. and why is everyone blaming LO for them losing? fromwhat i saw kobe didnt show up to the finals either.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

u can list me under this group, im aware that he didnt make any all star appearances in the east which lacked the kind of quality at forward that the west had and that the heat made it to the playoffs his final year in miami which came alongside the rise of d wade

There was no rise of DWade until the playoffs. Wade wasn't a starter on the team and would get benched in 4th quarters because he couldnt shoot. Odomwas THE man in Miami and they were winning games. Didn't they have the best home record in the NBA his last season?

Because L.O. is a good fit in the offense you guys are running.

L.O. has skills. He's a point forward. Good passer.

With Bynum back, he gives you guys a towering frontline.

Bynum - Gasol - Odom

That's way too much height right there.

And L.O. is all right with being the 3rd option on your team.

...would Artest be?

Is Artest the type of 'within the flow of the offense' type player, like L.O. is?

Artest brings you defense on the outside, but wouldn't a healthy Ariza do the same?

All I'm saying is, you guys DID go to the Finals, is Artest THAT much better than L.O.? To the point of where you guys have to take back Kenny Thomas'scontract?

Artest to LA would be nice but not for Odom... especially when he could've come to LA for no players.

It especially pisses me off to see Sacramento fans and papers thinking that Artest is much more valuable than Odom. Why is it LA's duty to take on a bad contract when it's Odom who's better? They need to round out the deal with something decent, not filler crap like Kenny Thomas.

I see all these fans write to the Sac paper talking about how to build a winner and how they need to get Artest away and bring in a new star. Except for the few years that the team clicked together (albeit with players that other teams discarded, as well as little-know players looking for their opportunities), the Sacramento Kings are basically a wasteland. It's where most players don't want to go unless other teams aren't giving them money. It's where they have to rely on mostly little-known players and convince themselves they've found gold. Yet the fans think they're this cherished team with an opportunity to become a huge winner.
grin.gif
I'm a sacramento fan, and I don't think Artest is more valuable than Odom. Maybe if he was playing with his head on straight and playing to hisstrengths (lock down def, taking good shots within the offense) but when was the last time he did that? He takes more jumpers than I would like, and seems touse more energy on the offensive end now instead of using all his energy on defense. So, If I had to choose as a kings fan between the 2 I would take Odom. Nowif I'm the lakers? I gamble and take artest. With kobe, fisher, and phil I would think they can keep Artest under somewhat control (like rodman with thebulls) and if they can do that they greatly improve as they get that defender they needed, and a guy who doesn't disappear in the playoffs. And senor, thekings were better than just "a few years." yea, they only had a legit shot at the chip for 2 maybe 3 years, but if I remember correctly they were oneof the longest consecutive playoff teams to make it year in and year out with the spurs, jazz, and a few other teams. And no, sacramento is not a'wasteland." sure, sacramento is a small city with little to no night life, but the kings have great owners and management, and a good coach in theus.And the fans are some if not the best in the N.B.A. who are loyal and show devotion to the team.

...would Artest be?

No
Is Artest the type of 'within the flow of the offense' type player, like L.O. is?
No
Artest brings you defense on the outside, but wouldn't a healthy Ariza do the same?
Yes
All I'm saying is, you guys DID go to the Finals, is Artest THAT much better than L.O.?
No
To the point of where you guys have to take back Kenny Thomas's contract?
HELL NO!

^ Agree with you on everything except the Ariza defense would be the same. Come on man, Ariza might be a solid defender, but no where near what Artest is.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

...would Artest be?

He wouldn't want to come if he wasn't ok with it!
The offense is going to change a lil with two bigs and the 3 needs to hit the open shot mid and long range in the triangle LO has not done that the last few seasons Ron can!
Hell no Ariza is nice but Ron is a defensive stopper one of the best in the NBA dont play yourself!
All I'm saying is, you guys DID go to the Finals, is Artest THAT much better than L.O.?
Yes he is Artest is a all star player LO has stretches were he can be but will never put it together consistently!
HELL NO! this i agree with i don't want another bad contract, but str8 up you got to make this deal!

Fixed

You don't trade odom for artest....

At least not right now.

We got to the finals. We got spanked because we didn't play great d, the bench went home and kobe played like crap. I rode LO hard this season but there isno reason to trade him when you have bynum coming back and everybody has this finals lost fresh in their minds.

Plus LO's deal comes off of the books after this year. We can use that money to make a run at somebody next season. I don't want kenny's contractand there is no way you can trade artest for odom straight up. Odom makes 14 mil ron makes 7.

I say let the first half of the season play out. If odom plays like crap and you can get a good deal out of it, make the deal. If he plays the way I think heis going to play next year, we look great for keeping him.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

...would Artest be?

He wouldn't want to come if he wasn't ok with it!
The offense is going to change a lil with two bigs and the 3 needs to hit the open shot mid and long range in the triangle LO has not done that the last few seasons Ron can!
Hell no Ariza is nice but Ron is a defensive stopper one of the best in the NBA dont play yourself!
Yes he is Artest is a all star player LO has stretches were he can be but will never put it together consistently!
HELL NO! this i agree with i don't want another bad contract, but str8 up you got to make this deal!

Fixed

There's no way you can pull off a LO for Artest deal straight up. You have to take back Kenny's contract to even start to make it work.

And I'm not saying Ariza is a good a defender as Artest. It's just I see some people say that Artest brings outside defense, while a healthy Bynumwill bring inside defense. Ariza can play D on the outside. Not as good a defender as Artest is, but all is not lost without an Artest.

I'd take LO and a healthy Ariza back over Artest AND KT's contract, that's for sure.

Especially taking into consideration your team was just in the Finals..

And Artest does not want to come to LA. I mean, I'm sure he wouldn't mind going there, but if dude REALLY wanted to come to LA, he woulda opted outand went over there already.

What he really wants is somebody who can lock him up long term for big bucks. That's the only reason why he didn't opt out in the first place. Hedidn't think teams had much to offer outside of the MLE. (Same reason why nobody really thought Brand and BD would opt out, as, nobody thought teams hadthe type of money to throw at them that they wanted)

Originally Posted by tupac003

You don't trade odom for artest....

At least not right now.

We got to the finals. We got spanked because we didn't play great d, the bench went home and kobe played like crap. I rode LO hard this season but there is no reason to trade him when you have bynum coming back and everybody has this finals lost fresh in their minds.

Plus LO's deal comes off of the books after this year. We can use that money to make a run at somebody next season. I don't want kenny's contract and there is no way you can trade artest for odom straight up. Odom makes 14 mil ron makes 7.

I say let the first half of the season play out. If odom plays like crap and you can get a good deal out of it, make the deal. If he plays the way I think he is going to play next year, we look great for keeping him.

the lakers will still be over the cap when odom's contract expires and that's without even extending bynum yet.

the lakers will still be over the cap when odom's contract expires and that's without even extending bynum yet.
True. So you can use his deal in a sign and trade or you let his contract drop and just extend bynum.

Back
Top Bottom