Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Dimemag.com smack section is reporting a rumour of JayWill returning to the Kings saying his people are in talks with them

Im shocked by this the reports to Orlando I could understand with them being a contender but they went with Anthony Johnson instead why would he wanna play forthe Kings if there rebuilding?

I googled this story but couldnt find anything anybody have anymore than this on the subject?

Peace
Scottie

KOCO-TV in Oklahoma City is reporting the team's name will be the Oklahoma City Thunder. That's the nickname that won The Oklahoman's contest, which was determined by internet fan balloting. The ABC affiliate cited a source close to the ownership group that Thunder will be the nickname for the NBA franchise that moved to Oklahoma City from Seattle earlier this month. The Oklahoman conducted a 64-team NCAA Tournament-like bracket contest. Thunder defeated Outlaws in the finals. Oklahoman

NBA officials said earlier this week said they expect something to be announced next month but added the entire process - a nickname, logos and uniforms - could stretch into September. Oklahoma City owner Clay Bennett has said privately he prefers a nickname that ends with the letter "s" instead of a singular name nickname, but Bennett added that he and his partners would consider several options. Oklahoman

Sources say all 30 teams were notified this week by league memorandum that the drug which earned Portland Trail Blazers castoff Darius Miles a 10-game suspension to start next season -- if Miles can find a job -- is the appetite suppressant Phentermine. A weight-loss drug, basically. ESPN.com

Josh Smith and Mike Woodson are fine, one confidante insists. Smith's frustration with the Hawks is the slow-moving state of negotiations, with Smith apparently still waiting for a serious contract proposal nearly three weeks into free agency. ESPN.com

NBA execs are far more concerned about the rising strength of the euro vis-a-vis the declining fortunes of the American dollar. ESPN.com

Sources say Carlos Delfino (in Russia) will be earning nearly 3 million euros annually -- tax free, of course -- with his new club. One expert on the matter says that equates to an NBA salary of more than $9 million when you factor in the exchange rate and the tax money Delfino won't have to give back. ESPN.com

Yet we have found at least one prominent target for the big foreign clubs who is determined to stay stateside. New Jersey Nets restricted free agent Nenad Krstic has been repeatedly linked to my favorite club abroad -- Israel's Maccabi Tel-Aviv -- but Krstic is determined to play out his comeback from a knee injury in the best league in the world, with the Nets quietly willing to move Krstic in a sign-and-trade if they can't work out a short-term deal to keep him. ESPN.com

One Eastern Conference executive is convinced that Anthony Tolliver will make San Antonio's roster as a "shooting 4-man." Some recent second-round picks have been eye-catching as well: P.J. Tucker as an undersized (but rugged) power forward on the Grizzlies' squad and Nathan Jawai, Toronto's so-called Australian Shaq, just to name two. ESPN.com

Look for James Posey to be formally introduced as a member of the New Orleans Hornets by the middle of next week. ESPN.com

Luke Jackson had an impressive recent tryout for the Mavs (who haven't abandoned the idea of trying to make roster room for him) and is said to be looking sharp and sturdy. He's likewise getting interest from Memphis and Atlanta as a member of the Hawks' summer team at the Rocky Mountain Revue in Utah. ESPN.com

The probability of swingman Devean George returning to the Mavericks next season appears to be decreasing every day.(YES!!!) George, a free agent, has at least a half dozen other teams interested in signing him. The Mavericks, however, only have two open roster spots left with little money to work with after signing center DeSagana Diop. The Mavericks have the option of re-signing George for more than a minimum contract, however, because he was on their roster last season for about $2.3 million, but Mavs president Donnie Nelson isn't optimistic that they will get a deal done. Dallas Morning News

The Phoenix Suns, San Antonio Spurs, Minnesota Timberwolves, Cleveland Cavaliers and New Orleans Hornets have expressed interest in George(WHY?!?!). And the NBA champion Boston Celtics could be next in line after they lost 6-8 forward James Posey in free agency. Posey recently signed a four-year, $25 million contract with the Hornets. Posey also happens to have the same agent - Mark Bartelstein - as George. Dallas Morning News

The Warriors, wanting to spare Monta Ellis from inheriting all of Baron Davis' minutes at point guard, are seriously considering signing Philadelphia guard Louis Williams to an offer sheet, ESPN is reporting. It's not yet clear whether Golden State would have enough leftover salary-cap space to extend an offer to Williams sufficiently prohibitive for the 76ers to match. The Warriors are expected to re-sign restricted free agents Ellis and center Andris Biedrins. San Francisco Chronicle

The Warriors' acquisition of restricted free-agent forward Ronny Turiaf has been finalized, vice president Chris Mullin said. The Los Angeles Lakers declined their right, under terms of the collective bargaining agreement, to match the Warriors' four-year, $17 million offer for Turiaf by the end of the day Friday. San Francisco Chronicle

Ronny Turiaf, the 6-foot-10, 250-pound big man, is officially a Warrior. The Los Angeles Lakers declined to match the four-year, $17 million offer sheet he signed with Golden State last week, letting their seven-day window expire. So Turiaf is bringing his caffeinated act to the electric atmosphere of Oracle Arena. After star point guard Baron Davis surprisingly opted out, after getting their big-money offers rejected by Brand and Gilbert Arenas, the Warriors' dramatic and hectic offseason is expected to calm down now that Turiaf is a Warrior. So, with the major moves in the rearview mirror - provided the Warriors don't pull off a blockbuster trade between now and November - it's time to look at the big picture. Contra Costa Times

"My game is going to be the same," said Turiaf, Gonzaga's fourth all-time leading scorer. "I'm still working on my conditioning. That's a point of emphasis for me. What I bring to the table is a guy who plays for his teammates. A guy who blocks shots, rebounds, scores in the post - if asked to do so - and knocks down jump shots - if I'm asked to do that." Contra Costa Times

Between Turiaf and swingman Corey Maggette, whom the Warriors signed away from the Los Angeles Clippers, Golden State has spent about $13 million on next season. The Warriors now have more than $4 million left before reaching the salary cap, which they could use to address their point guard need. Starting the offseason under the cap means they aren't allowed any exceptions. They can only re-sign their own free agents once the cap space is gone. Contra Costa Times

The Knicks forward David Lee was at the game, representing the Garden family. He joked about the rumors of his being traded imminently, but said he would probably start the season with the Knicks. Lee said he met with the new coach, Mike D'Antoni, at the Las Vegas summer league. "He said that anything can still happen, but if it was up to him, he'd like me on the team," Lee said. NY Times

More than a few general managers and scouts approached me today and spoke glowingly of Jason Thompson. One Eastern Conference GM, whose office is located within the same area code as Thompson's alma mater, described the 6-foot-11 rookie as "smooth, efficient, and knows how to play." He further insisted that most of his peers projected that Thompson would be taken between 12-18. Sacramento Bee

Kevin Love's relentless summer-league play has impressed more than the scouts sitting courtside: USA Basketball on Saturday selected him as one of two final players picked for a young select team that will practice and scrimmage against the U.S. Olympic team in Las Vegas this coming week. Love and Robin Lopez join O.J. Mayo, Derrick Rose, Rodney Stuckey, LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Durant, Jeff Green, Luther Head, Al Horford, Andre Iguodala and Kevin Martin on a 12-man team that begins four days of training against the Olympians on Monday. Oklahoma City's P.J. Carlesimo will coach that team. Minneapolis Star Tribune

The Wolves continue to negotiate with restricted free-agent forward Ryan Gomes and unrestricted free-agent point guard Sebastian Telfair. The team also is pursuing trade talks for a point guard, a position at which only Randy Foye is under contract. "We want to get them back," McHale said. "I told Craig I'm happy to have him back here, not only as a player but as a person. I feel the same way about Bassy and Ryan. They're just a joy to have around. You never know until you re-sign them. We're having meaningful conversations with both of them. We'll try to get something done, but it's a process." Minneapolis Star Tribune

Then, the question is how did the Cavaliers convince Daniel ''Boobie'' Gibson to sign a five-year, $21 million deal last Wednesday? There was never any question whether Gibson would return to the Cavs. His agent, Lewis Tucker, was unable to find any teams willing to sign Gibson to an offer sheet. Other teams figured the Cavs would just match the offer. Morning Journal

The Cavs' next order of business is to attempt to sign point guard Delonte West, another restricted free agent. West's agent, Noah Croom, wisely waited to see what kind of contract Gibson received. Now, he'll likely ask for more money than Gibson got because West is the Cavs' starting point guard. Morning Journal

Besides trying to reduce their luxury-tax hit, the Nuggets wanted to free up some money to re-sign guard J.R. Smith. He wants more than the mid-level. Morning Journal

Timberwolves forward Ryan Gomes' name has been linked to the Cavs. He would be a nice player to bring off the bench. He's an above average mid-range shooter. A source said he might want at least a two-year deal of the full mid-level. Morning Journal

Keyon Dooling: The Nets and Magic have worked out the trade that still needs league approval. The Magic get a $3.3 million trade exception that the Nets picked up in the Jason Kidd deal plus cash. Dooling, including three draft picks certain to make the roster, represents the eighth new player imported since draft day. He will bring defense, versatility and experience to an overall very young team. "It's exciting," coach Lawrence Frank said, regarding the personnel turnover. "With so much new, you've got everyone starting from square one." NY Post

Marcus Camby: The Hartford native recently learned about a "real-life family issue" back home that has caused great stress. And after playing the past six seasons in a city he had grown to love, he was surprisingly dealt. "With everything I've been dealing with off the court, this is the lowest point of my life," said Camby. The 2006-07 NBA Defensive Player of the Year has led the league in blocked shots each of the last three seasons and departs as the No. 2 shot-blocker in Nuggets history. "I was there for the lows and the highs," said Camby, who averaged a career-high 13.1 rebounds to go with 9.1 points and 3.6 blocks last season. "I thought the fans appreciated what I did." Boston Globe

"I'm the only one they traded, so they are putting the onus and the blame on me," Camby said. "I was supposedly the one with all the injuries. But I held the fort down. I played hurt, played in games I shouldn't have played in. But I held my own and this is how I'm repaid?" Boston Globe

Camby was also disappointed to get no indication of a potential trade when he worked out with the Nuggets' summer league team in Las Vegas a week ago. New Jersey also had interest in Camby and could have brought him close to home. "Nobody said a word," said the 34-year-old Camby. "They could have saved me a trip to Vegas. That was one of the things that really irked me. No one said anything about the [family] situation I was going through, either." Boston Globe

An NBA source has said that James Posey will get starter's minutes with the Hornets next season after playing 24.6 minutes per game off the bench with the Celtics in 2007-08. But will Posey, who accepted a four-year, $25 million offer from New Orleans last week, get those minutes as a true starter? He will not start over sharp-shooting small forward Peja Stojakovic, but could compete with Morris Peterson for the starting shooting guard position. Peterson averaged a career-low 8 points per game last season. Boston Globe

Posey is gone to New Orleans, P.J. Brown is expected to retire, and Pollard isn't likely to return, but an NBA source said the Celtics are still strongly interested in signing two of their free agents, guards Eddie House and Tony Allen. The source, however, said House and Allen are receiving interest from other teams, and are seeking three-year deals. Boston Globe

[h2]Report: OKC FranchiseNicknamed Thunder[/h2]
Durant_Kevin_sea_080406.jpg

Jul 20, 2008 2:28 AM EST

okc_40.gif
The newOklahoma City franchise has nicknamed itself the Thunder, according to a report Saturday on the web site of the city's ABC affiliate.

Citing a source close to ownership, KOCO-TV reported that the "registrar for all of the NBA's Internet domain names werereserved okcthunderbasketball.com and okcthunderbasketball.net on July 10," suggesting that the franchise formerly known as the Seattle SuperSonics willsoon be renamed.

Via KOCO-TV

Oklahoma City

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]J.R. Smith Receiving LittleAttention[/h2]
Jul 19, 2008 8:07 PM EST

den_40.gif
Nuggets'restricted free agent J.R. Smith hasn't gotten much attention this month, according to The Rocky Mountain News.

"I haven't heard from anybody," Smith said Friday.

Smith said he hasn't gotten an offer from the Nuggets, other than the option to return next season for the $3.04 millionqualifying offer.

"I'm not sure yet. I'd have to go over that with my people," said Smith, who said he plans to talk to hisrepresentatives "at the end of the month."

Via The Rocky Mountain News

Denver Nuggets

[h2]Maccabi Interested InKrstic[/h2]
Jul 20, 2008 12:36 PM EST

euro_40.gif
New JerseyNets restricted free agent Nenad Krstic has been repeatedly linked to Israel's Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

But Krstic is determined to make his injury comeback in the NBA.

Via ESPN

Euroleague Basketball, New Jersey Nets

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Smith Irked By Lack OfOffer, Not Woodson[/h2]
Jul 20, 2008 12:34 PM EST

atl_40.gif
JoshSmith's increasing reluctance to return to the Atlanta Hawks has little to do with Mike Woodson, despite repeated media suggestions that Smith is eager toplay for a new coach.

Smith and Woodson have a fine working relationship, one confidante insists. Smith's frustration with the Hawks is the slow-movingstate of negotiations, with Smith apparently still waiting for a serious contract proposal nearly three weeks into free agency.

Via ESPN

Atlanta Hawks

[h2]Agent: Warriors MadeNo Effort To Keep Baron[/h2]
Jul 20, 2008 12:33 PM EST

gsw_40.gif
Baron Davis isa member of the Clippers and the reason he's no longer with Golden State was the choosing of the club if you ask his agent.

Davis' agent, Todd Ramasar, said, "The organization wasn't committed to Baron Davis long-term." There was "Noeffort to retain him."

Via ESPN

Golden State Warriors

[h2]Gomes Linked ToCleveland[/h2]
Jul 20, 2008 12:30 PM EST

cle_40.gif
Timberwolves' forward Ryan Gomes has been linked to the Cavs.

A source said he might want at least a two-year deal of the full mid-level.

Via Morning Journal

Cleveland Cavaliers,Minnesota Timberwolves

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]WarriorsConsidering Big Run At Louis Williams[/h2]
Jul 20, 2008 12:20 PM EST

gsw_40.gif
The GoldenState Warriors are intrigued about the idea of signing Sixers guard Louis Williams to an offer sheet.

It is unclear how large of an offer they will be able to make while keeping Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins in their plans.

Via ESPN

Golden State Warriors,Philadelphia 76ers

[h2]Report: GinobiliNamed To Argentina Olympic Team[/h2]
Jul 20, 2008 4:24 AM EST

san_40.gif
Manu Ginobili,despite a lingering sprained left ankle, was named to the Argentina Olympic team on Friday, according to a report on ESPN.com.

Spurs' Coach Gregg Popovich said in June that Ginobili should "definitely not" play in the Olympics if his ankle, whichhe injured in the playoffs, doesn't improve.

"I had been playing more the last few days, and it had improved," said Ginobili earlier this month. "It feels great,and that makes me very happy."

Via ESPN

San Antonio Spurs

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]George's Return ToDallas More Unlikely[/h2]
Jul 20, 2008 3:02 AM EST

dal_40.gif
At least sixteams are interested in Devean George, according to the Dallas Morning News, but after signing DeSagana Diop there may not be any money left for him inDallas.

"I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope right now," Donnie Nelson said. "We're pretty far apart as far as thenumbers go."

The Phoenix Suns, San Antonio Spurs, Minnesota Timberwolves, Cleveland Cavaliers, and New Orleans Hornets have expressed interest inGeorge. According to the report, Boston may also enter the mix after losing James Posey to the Hornets.

Via Dallas Morning News

Dallas Mavericks,San Antonio Spurs, Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers

[h2]Pacers' Williams InTrouble Yet Again[/h2]
Jul 19, 2008 8:04 PM EST

ind_40.gif
Pacers'forward Shawne Williams was skating on thin ice after a pair of legal transgressions last season, but he may have fallen through after another one of hisfriends got in hot water recently, according to The Indianapolis Star.

Friday afternoon, Carmel police arrested Darrell Smith Jr., 21, a passenger in the car Williams was driving, after discovering Smithhad a small amount of marijuana.

"Shawne Williams was not charged with anything," Horner said. "He was given a window tint and seat belt violation. Mr.Smith's marijuana charge is a misdemeanor."

The car Williams was driving was not his.

The team issued this statement: "While Shawne Williams was not involved in any arrest or any criminal wrongdoing, we areextremely upset and hugely disappointed he once again has put himself in a position that jeopardizes Shawne's future as a member of the Indiana Pacers. Iplan to meet with Shawne as soon as possible to discuss this further."

Via The Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers

[h2]Love, RobinLopez Added To U.S. Basketball Select Team[/h2]
Jul 19, 2008 7:59 PM EST

min_40.gif
Rookies KevinLove (Minnesota) and Robin Lopez (Phoenix) were added on Saturday to the US Select team to scrimmage against America's Olympians, the Associated Press isreporting.

Both players were chosen after strong performances in the NBA summer league.

Love has averaged 20.7 points and 15 rebounds in three games for the Timberwolves, while Lopez averaged 16 points and 7.7 rebounds inhis first three games for Phoenix.

Via ESPN

Minnesota Timberwolves, Phoenix Suns

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Nets Agree ToSign-And-Trade For Dooling[/h2]
Jul 19, 2008 9:38 AM EST

njn_40.gif
The Netsreportedly have an agreement in principle to make a sign-and-trade for free agent guard Keyon Dooling, according to The Star-Ledger.

"I'm hopeful...that we can make a trade," was Thorn's closest statement resembling a confirmation Fridaynight.

An eight-year veteran, Dooling would be added with the $3.3 million trade exception the Nets obtained in the Jason Kidd deal lastFebruary.

Via The Star-Ledger

New Jersey Nets, Orlando Magic

[h2]'Antoni EnjoysKnicks' Summer Win Over Suns[/h2]
Jul 19, 2008 9:33 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Knicks coachMike D'Antoni enjoyed watching his new team defeat the Suns in summer league play on Friday, according to The Associated Press.

"It's already canceled out," D'Antoni said of any loyalties he had towards the Suns. "I've movedon."

'Antoni has left the summer league coaching duties to assistant coach Phil Weber. New York defeated Phoenix 85-80.

Via ESPN

New York Knicks

[h2]Philly's Miller LikesBrand Signing[/h2]
Jul 19, 2008 9:28 AM EST

phi_40.gif
Sixers'point guard Andre Miller is very excited about the acquistion of Elton Brand, according to The Philadelphia Daily News.

"I think it's great that Elton Brand chose to sign with us," Miller said. "The way we came together at the end oflast year was the first step, and adding one of the best power forwards in the league shows that we aren't satisfied with just making theplayoffs."

Miller played with Brand for one season, the 2002-03 campaign, in Los Angeles.

"I really think we can do great things this year, and I'm excited to be a part of it," Miller added.

Via The Philadelphia Daily News

Philadelphia 76ers

Like I posted on another forum...

J.R. Smith needs to be picked up. I hope my team can get him and at this point I believe he will take almost anything since no other teams are looking at him.If CJ Miles got 4 years/15 million, I know someone can give J.R. a short-term deal of 3 years/20 million. I would rather pay him short-term than long-term tosee how he pans out. He's only 23 years old and he probably just needs a change of scenery. He showed improvement and maturity during the 2nd half of theseason and I believe he will improve on the defensive end as well.

J.R. was seventh in the NBA in points per minute with an average of 25.5 points per 40 minutes plus he was one of 33 players to shoot over 40% from the threepoint line last season. I don't want him to be the first thing we jump on this off-season though since our main concern is getting a rebounder/interiordefender probably via trade. Seeing that the Nuggets are about to get into cost-cutting mode, I don't see them matching anything for J.R.

Grading The Deal: W's Sign Maggette And Turiaf
Authored by Christopher Reina - 10th July, 2008 - 9:11 pm
Maggette_Corey_lac_080227.jpg

Estimating how much planning actually went into the Warriors' offseason is a difficult proposition, but by walking away with Corey Maggette and Ronny Turiaf, they have added two very nice side pieces to a young core.

The effectiveness of these signings depend more on how good MontaEllis, Andris Biedrins, Brandan Wright, and Anthony Randolph become more than the two free agents.

While they certainly had a 'what if Baron opts out' scenario in their head, it isn't one they could have possible sincerely considered.

They were taken by surprise, and the way they then pursued GilbertArenas, Elton Brand, and finally landed Corey Maggette suggested some haphazard thinking.

Maggette fills the void of http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/139/jason_richardson/Jason Richardson at similar dollars and a more unique style of playbecause of his ability to draw fouls. I would trade Richardson for Maggette and Brandan Wright a million times over, so I can't really fault them for these maneuvers over the past 380 days.

Hopefully, the Warriors have signed Maggette because they believe he makes them significantly better on the floor because it isn't much of a move to provethat they are committed to staying relevant now that Baron Davis isgone. He doesn't make them relevant and is, at times, a stat padder, but I don't find him to be exceptionally overpaid on this contract assuming hestays healthy.

He 'deserved' to make about $9 million last year and had a better FIC40 than Michael Redd, Ray Allen, and Luol Deng to name a small handful.

He also won't mesh well with Monta Ellis, who would be bestsuited playing beside a point guard like Baron or Deron Williamsor with a shooting guard who works with the ball in his hands all the time like Brandon Roy.

Maggette is a gifted scorer, but I like him more in that 6th man microwave role than a guy you can run an offense through. His offensive arsenal doesn'tcreate flow and doesn't make the other players better.

He is also a substandard defender although he does rebound the ball well.

Maggette assures the Warriors don't fall behind the Wolves, Sonics, and Grizzlies this season, but they also will be just mediocre enough to miss theplayoffs and be in the very late part of the lottery.

Grade for Warriors on Maggette: C+

Assuming the Lakers don't match the Ronny Turiaf, thisrepresents an ideal way to bulk up a lean frontline. He's nobody's vision of a starting big, but he rebounds and blocks shots at a great rate, and hebrings a toughness protecting the rim that the Warriors only had during spurts of Adonal Foyle, if you ever took his game seriously.

Not that the Warriors can afford to worry specifically about the Lakers, but his subtraction from their already talented but soft club will weaken their depth.

His drop from 54.9% to 47.4% from the floor last season is concerning as is how much better he was at the Staples Center.

But this is a good young player with a rare skill set who had a better FIC40 (13.6) than Chris Wilcox, LaMarcus Aldridge,and certainly Al Jefferson.

Grade for Warriors on Turiaf: A-

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Monta + Sweet Lou
is a horrible back court. there the same type of players in there both Not PG and have limited PG skills

Yup..

Cavs FO just gets me mad...why the hell would you even think about giving Gomes the MLE when you just drafted JJ Hickson.

And beyond that, he's not the type of player they should add....but that ship has sailed pertaining to what type of system they should run with LeBron

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

http://dimemag.com/2008/07/the-loser-list-vince-carter/

To me, not just as a Nets fan, this is a little harsh to go after players like this (whether or not people on this board have their opinion on VC). I wouldn't want that to be said on any player in the league (even Kwame.........Maybe).

it might be a little harsh, but from Vinces standpoint i wouldnt be hurt at all because he knows hes getting pair more than the writer will probably eversee in his life

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Am I the only NBA fan in America not sold on Maggette?

Ska, not many Warriors fans were pleased with the CMaggz signing.

I'm getting the impression that Mullin brought him in too be a personal trainer to BWright and Anthony Randolph
laugh.gif
smh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Suns near deal with Barnes[/h1]
15 comments by Doug Haller - Jul. 20, 2008 09:09 PM
The Arizona Republic

Free-agent forward Matt Barnes is scheduled to arrive in Phoenix Monday, expecting to sign a one-year veteran's minimum deal with the Suns after completing a physical.

Barnes, 28, spent the last two seasons mostly in a reserve role with the Golden State Warriors. He collected a career-best 9.8 points and 4.6 rebounds in 2007. Last year, he averaged 6.7 points and 4.4 rebounds in 19.4 minutes.

General Manager Steve Kerr and coach Terry Porter talked with Barnes by phone last week from Las Vegas, where the Suns were in NBA Summer League action. In his seventh season, Barnes is expected to make $1.2 million, but the Suns will pay only $797,000. The rest will come from a league fund.

Barnes, 6-foot-7 and 226 pounds, also has played for Philadelphia, New York, Sacramento and the Clippers since his college days at UCLA. He has averaged 6.1 points over his career, shooting 32 percent from 3-point range.

Once Barnes signs, the Suns still will need to sign two more players to reach the 13-man roster minimum. Finding a backup for point guard Steve Nash remains a priority. Reports surfaced last week that second-round draft pick Goran Dragic had decided to stay in Europe, but a decision hasn't been made.

pimp.gif

I wana move to a state with a better NBA team living close to denver sucks the nuggets are going to be so wack next year, especially if JR leaves. Nobody wantsto watch Melo jab step for 17 seconds of the 24 second clock and then shoot a fadeaway jumper or AI run the length of the court at full speed throw up some offbalanced lay up and fall to the ground even if he isnt touched. Nuggets will be one of the least entertaining teams to watch next year. I usually go half onseason tickets this year i might just buy a 10 game pack

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
left_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
ATL.gif
[/td] [td] Josh Childress-G/F-Hawks[/td] [td]Jul. 21 - 1:10 am et[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
right_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td] Josh Childress is strongly considering a three-year, $20 million contract offer from the Greek team Olympiakos. The deal would allow him to return to the NBA during either of the next two summers, if he so chooses.

Childress flew to Greece to meet with team officials on Monday. He is unhappy with the Hawks' refusal to work a sign-and-trade, and Atlanta might not have given him their full attention because re-signing Josh Smith is their priority. The dearth of teams with salary cap space (only the Grizzlies can offer more than the $5.6 million mid-level exception) means Childress may very well spend at least one season in Europe. Of course, Childress could also be using this offer as leverage...stay tuned to find out.
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution [/td] [/tr][/table]

eek.gif

Also, Barnes heading to PHX is legit.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/07/20/20080720barnes.html

Cleavland should trade Delonte or Boobie for JR Smith.

Jr would give them that legit scoring shooting guard they need and the Nuggets would get their PG of the future.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Jr would give them that legit scoring shooting guard they need and the Nuggets would get their PG of the future.

Ummm... if that happens Cleveland wouldn't get a legit scoring shooting guard and the Nuggets sure ain't getting their PG of the future. Clevelandwould get a streaky shooter with no mid range game what so ever and the Nuggets would get a PG that is more suited off the bench.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Ummm... if that happens Cleveland wouldn't get a legit scoring shooting guard and the Nuggets sure ain't getting their PG of the future. Cleveland would get a streaky shooter with no mid range game what so ever and the Nuggets would get a PG that is more suited off the bench.

Jr is a legit scoring guard, he was only streaky because he didn't get consistent minutes off the bench, and PG of the future. Means they can work with him, I didn't say they get that PGthey need now.

Back
Top Bottom