Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Keyon on his way to Jersey -

[h2]July 18, 2008[/h2]
[h3]Dooling Is On His Way[/h3]
Keyon Dooling is close to becoming a Net.

League sources said the Nets and Magic are close to agreeing on a sign-and-trade for the point guard Lawrence Frank pursued three years ago.
http://
Dooling would sign a three-year deal for between $10 million and $11 million and then be sent to the Nets for their $3.3 million trade exception acquired from Dallas in the Jason Kidd trade.

It could be agreed upon as early as tonight, but probably won't be finalized until next week. This move would give the Nets 16 players and almost certainly would spell the end of Marcus Williams' career with the team.

The Nets have been looking to move Williams the past two summers. Once they secure the veteran guard Dooling, there would be little need for Williams.

http://njmg.typepad.com/zzone/2008/07/dooling-is-next.html

Originally Posted by Ryda421

indifferent.gif
Agthekid wrote:

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

and Gasol is better than Rasheed.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Brah thats the funniest thing I heard in a minute. What ever your on pass that %@% my way.

honestly, how is that a ridiculous statement ??? a couple of years ago that MIGHT have been the case but it obviously it is not NOW !

Because people are blinded by the greatness that once was, Sheed.
laugh.gif

The Nets doing work this offseason.
smh.gif
That makes Keyon Dooling, Najera, Jarvis Hayes, Yi Jianlian, what an offseason.

Also, CJ Miles signed an offer sheet from Oklahoma City.

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

I think Marcus Williams still has a chance to be a solid NBA player. I wonder where he is going to end up.

I agree, from the few times I've seen him play, he looks like he has the attributes of a solid NBA point guard. If I'm a rebuilding non-playoffteam in the NBA then I would make a trade for this guy and give him a chance to prove himself as a starter.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

I think Marcus Williams still has a chance to be a solid NBA player. I wonder where he is going to end up.

I agree, from the few times I've seen him play, he looks like he has the attributes of a solid NBA point guard. If I'm a rebuilding non-playoff team in the NBA then I would make a trade for this guy and give him a chance to prove himself as a starter.

Thirdedededed.

I really liked Marcus Williams, and thought he should have been handed the reigns when Kidd left. We all know how that turned out, but Harris will be a verygood PG (not elite, but he's going to be good). Marcus should get signed SOMEwhere as a 2nd string, and hopefully he'll get some shine.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

The talk involving Artest and Lamar Odom of the Los Angeles Lakers also appears to have broken down, while Phoenix and San Antonio are interested.

Assuming Phoenix and San Antonio are the only other two teams with strong interest, I don't see how the Kings expect to get someone of Josh Howard's caliber. It's just not going to happen... Just looking at comparable guys on the Spurs and Suns... You know San Antonio isn't trading one of Parker/Manu and outside of that, they don't have much of real value on the trade wire. All their guys seem like the types that will have more value to the Spurs than they will anybody else... And I don't know that I'd take back Diaw or Barbosa's contracts from the Suns if I'm Petrie and the Maloofs... If the Lakers really drop out of this thing, and Ron keeps complaining, Bass and Stackhouse might be the best offer out there... They'll probably end up keeping him and try to live through the headaches, but considering you've got a young coach in Theus that you feel is the guy for your franchise going forward, that could be a terrible idea....
ditto nowitness. Looks like the kings are gonna be keeping artest since I'm sure they don't want to help put a team over the top like thelakers/grizz trade last season by giving up artest for nothing. If a trade were to go down though, it looks like the suns could offer the most talent inreturn. Maybe a diaw and future 1st rouder (since the suns love to sell draft picks)? Anyone know diaws contract situation? Diaw seems like a player of thepast for the kings, versatile all around guy who can do a little of everything. Kings would be super soft with diaw and miller upfront, but it's not likethey weren't before. I just want to get a power forward to we can have john salmons start since he only plays well when he does, and move moore to thebench where he belongs.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

The talk involving Artest and Lamar Odom of the Los Angeles Lakers also appears to have broken down, while Phoenix and San Antonio are interested.

Assuming Phoenix and San Antonio are the only other two teams with strong interest, I don't see how the Kings expect to get someone of Josh Howard's caliber. It's just not going to happen... Just looking at comparable guys on the Spurs and Suns... You know San Antonio isn't trading one of Parker/Manu and outside of that, they don't have much of real value on the trade wire. All their guys seem like the types that will have more value to the Spurs than they will anybody else... And I don't know that I'd take back Diaw or Barbosa's contracts from the Suns if I'm Petrie and the Maloofs... If the Lakers really drop out of this thing, and Ron keeps complaining, Bass and Stackhouse might be the best offer out there... They'll probably end up keeping him and try to live through the headaches, but considering you've got a young coach in Theus that you feel is the guy for your franchise going forward, that could be a terrible idea....
srry for the double post

I agree, from the few times I've seen him play, he looks like he has the attributes of a solid NBA point guard. If I'm a rebuilding non-playoff team in the NBA then I would make a trade for this guy and give him a chance to prove himself as a starter.

Thirdedededed.

I really liked Marcus Williams, and thought he should have been handed the reigns when Kidd left. We all know how that turned out, but Harris will be a very good PG (not elite, but he's going to be good). Marcus should get signed SOMEwhere as a 2nd string, and hopefully he'll get some shine.

Marcus will be a very solid player on another team. Its a shame he didn't get a fair chance here in Jersey. He deserves a better shot aconsistant role & when he gets it, he'll really go to work with it.

Frank really screwed Marcus over in terms of minutes & consistant burn. WHen you have a young player in Marcus, confidence has to be taken intoconsideration. Frank was NEVER consistant in terms of playing MWill. The thing is, when he gets the chance to play, he'll do a lot with it.

When Kidd got traded to Dallas & Devin was hurt those first coupel games, Marcus got the start. He dropped 25 one night, then the next dropped 13 dimes.He's a young player who will obviously make mistakes, but Frank never seemed to give him the benifit of the doubt.

If he goes to a team & can play freely with less pressure than he had here, he'll do a lot better. From what I've seen & the potential he has,he reminds me of a watered-down version of Deron Williams...(& thats a compliment)

I'd take Diaw in exchange for Artest. I'm too lazy right now to check contracts, but I know he gets paid more than Artest and believe the difference issubstantial enough so that maybe we can make Phoenix take on Kenny Thomas too.

Barbosa for Artest sounds decent as well, but the Kings need a starting point guard which Barbosa is not. He's a 2 and pretty much never passes the ball,ever. Sure he's better than Garcia but he's not better than Kevin Martin, so he's not going to start unless the Kings would seriously consider himfor a starting PG job. That would send Udrih to the bench where he belongs, but judging on what I've seen out of Barbosa, he's definitely not a pointguard.

And Stackhouse & Bass for Artest is a joke. That's only slightly better than Kwame for Gasol. Like I've said before, the Kings have Martin, Garcia,and Salmons who all play Stackhouse's position and do it better than him at this point in all their careers. Stackhouse would barely play. And Bass? Getout of here. I'd rather give the rookie Thompson some playing time or move Miller to PF and develop Hawes at C. That offer is garbage and the Kings shouldnot even have countered with a Howard offer. The Kings need to be courting legit starting PG's and PF's, and that's it.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Thirdedededed.

I really liked Marcus Williams, and thought he should have been handed the reigns when Kidd left. We all know how that turned out, but Harris will be a very good PG (not elite, but he's going to be good). Marcus should get signed SOMEwhere as a 2nd string, and hopefully he'll get some shine.

Marcus will be a very solid player on another team. Its a shame he didn't get a fair chance here in Jersey. He deserves a better shot a consistant role & when he gets it, he'll really go to work with it.

Frank really screwed Marcus over in terms of minutes & consistant burn. WHen you have a young player in Marcus, confidence has to be taken into consideration. Frank was NEVER consistant in terms of playing MWill. The thing is, when he gets the chance to play, he'll do a lot with it.

When Kidd got traded to Dallas & Devin was hurt those first coupel games, Marcus got the start. He dropped 25 one night, then the next dropped 13 dimes. He's a young player who will obviously make mistakes, but Frank never seemed to give him the benifit of the doubt.

If he goes to a team & can play freely with less pressure than he had here, he'll do a lot better. From what I've seen & the potential he has, he reminds me of a watered-down version of Deron Williams...(& thats a compliment)
im hoping that the miami heat would land him. since they need a PG
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Keyon on his way to Jersey -

[h2]July 18, 2008[/h2]
[h3]Dooling Is On His Way[/h3]
Keyon Dooling is close to becoming a Net.

League sources said the Nets and Magic are close to agreeing on a sign-and-trade for the point guard Lawrence Frank pursued three years ago.
http://
Dooling would sign a three-year deal for between $10 million and $11 million and then be sent to the Nets for their $3.3 million trade exception acquired from Dallas in the Jason Kidd trade.

It could be agreed upon as early as tonight, but probably won't be finalized until next week. This move would give the Nets 16 players and almost certainly would spell the end of Marcus Williams' career with the team.

The Nets have been looking to move Williams the past two summers. Once they secure the veteran guard Dooling, there would be little need for Williams.

http://njmg.typepad.com/zzone/2008/07/dooling-is-next.html

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So if the Magic are going to sign and trade Dooling to the Nets, who or what will the Magic get in return?

Originally Posted by franchise3

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_9926013

CJ Miles signs 4 year $15M offer sheet with OKC.

Dude definitely hit the jackpot.

cj miles is still young, but he definitely got paid. i think the jazz should resign him, but the jazz do have morris almond who apparently tore up the nbdl
laugh.gif

he has potential and shown flashes, but is buried because of the jazz depth. the jazz probably thought no team was going to offer him anything sincehe's been sitting his whole career.

why does sloan start him when someone is injured but doesn't give him any burn as backup?

Originally Posted by DMan14

cj miles is still young, but he definitely got paid. i think the jazz should resign him, but the jazz do have morris almond who apparently tore up the nbdl
laugh.gif

he has potential and shown flashes, but is buried because of the jazz depth. the jazz probably thought no team was going to offer him anything since he's been sitting his whole career.

why does sloan start him when someone is injured but doesn't give him any burn as backup?

They probably won't resign CJ. He can score in bunches and is very athletic, but he is in Sloans doghouse right now for refusing to play on the Summerleague team. Morris Almond is an animal. He broke the D-league scoring record one week and then a couple weeks later Re-set the new Record. somethin ******edlike 56 or something. i'd like to see him suit up more in the NBA. He is a great shooter and should earn his minutes.

Originally Posted by ohboy716

So if the Magic are going to sign and trade Dooling to the Nets, who or what will the Magic get in return?

3.3 million dollars i believe,
or just the trade exception

^yup, they will get the trade exception from the Kidd trade.

Marcus showed signs of being a good player while on our team. he did not get a fair run by frank even when Kidd was on the team (they said they wanted to cutKidd's mintues and it never really happened when he was still on the team with Marcus on the bench.)

After the Kidd trade, he was excellent on most nights like noted by many others. The phoenix game his rookie year where he was on fire in the fourth quarterand ended up with like 27 points while almost giving the Nets the comeback win with the bench on the floor is what I always saw in him as a player and it justhas not happened. Dooling is who L Frank wanted for the past three years and B Hill spoke very highly of him.

Now it is just time to see where we go from here. Williams for another trade exception, Williams & filler for one player to cut the roster down, orWilliams & sign & trade of Krstic for one more good player.

At least the Nets can say that they have a very good bench with each player filling a certain role unlike years past where our bench was very limited due tothe contracts of the big three. Should be interesting in the Swamp next year especially with Thorn and Vanderweigh calling the shots.

Horry will NOT be back with the Spurs, i do not know if he will retire, but if he continues to play it will most likely be with the Rockets not SA.

R.C. just said that in a interview during Spurs - DLeague All Star game in RMR

PO

Originally Posted by Verdykt

Originally Posted by DMan14

laugh.gif

he has potential and shown flashes, but is buried because of the jazz depth. the jazz probably thought no team was going to offer him anything since he's been sitting his whole career.

They probably won't resign CJ. He can score in bunches and is very athletic, but he is in Sloans doghouse right now for refusing to play on the Summer league team. Morris Almond is an animal. He broke the D-league scoring record one week and then a couple weeks later Re-set the new Record. somethin ******ed like 56 or something. i'd like to see him suit up more in the NBA. He is a great shooter and should earn his minutes.
why the hell would he play in the summer leauge if he is a FA?

Back
Top Bottom