Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Rasheed in Finals- 13 ppg, 8 rebounds per game, 1 assist per game against Karl Malone (old as hell ONE-LEGGED Karl Malone, mind you)

Fixed.

You really can't compare who is better because it depends on what your team needs. Head-to-head match-ups don't show who is better. If I were acontender I'd rather have Gasol on my team because Wallace doesn't show up every game. Rasheed is one of my favorite players but only when he decidesto play.

You're comparing apples to oranges. If this were four to five years ago, of course I'd agree. But this isn't. Its like saying take your pick.. KarlMalone on the Lakers or Elton Brand after being drafted.

What exactly has Rasheed wallace done in the past few postseasons next to the his teammates other than get to the ECF and being there?? Rasheed has fallen off,the past two postseasons he has scored 20 points only twice in the past two playoff runs, both times only shooting 43%, and both occured this year. Its notlike Gasol has been bad, his teammates sure were though, Jason Williams, Shane Battier, and Brian Cardinal aren't going to cut it in the playoffs. Not tomention the three teams they faced were the Mavericks, Suns, and Spurs. Rasheed had the same luck Gasol did on the Blazers, getting swept by contenders. If youput Rasheed on those Grizzlies teams, you aren't getting much better. Fact is, Rasheed is getting old.

What can Rashweed do for a contender @ 34 that a young Gasol @ 28 can't do when Gasol fits the triangle offense?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Gasol is younger and has just about the same amount of talent with the exception of his range, but Sheed' is just better physically and thats something Pau will never have.
QFT

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Sheed>Gasol
QFT

especially in the NBA Finals
ohwell.gif

Flawed.

Rasheed in Finals- 13 ppg, 8 rebounds per game, 1 assist per game against Karl Malone (old as hell Karl Malone, mind you).
Pau in Finals- 14 ppg, 10 rebounds per game ~3 and a half assists per game against KG and a superior Celtic's defense (as good as the Piston's defense was, no one was touching this Celtics team).

A few years ago Rasheed was better, but a lot of you are blinded by how good he used to be, and Pau was injured a while, and he hasn't been on a good team until half of this season.

Ahh but you're forgetting the Larry Brown factor. Which is, his system was designed to wear down the Lakers (as well as every other team) by milkingthe shot clock and turn the game into a defensive, grind-it-out-hard-to-swallow-much-less-watch type of game. And that's what we kind of game we got, 5 ofthem to be exact. Shaq was gassed, Malone had one leg and the age factor working against him, Kobe couldn't find a good look with Prince's spider-likearms, and Payton was outmuscled by Chauncey.

And in those 5 games only the Pistons made it to 100 points, and that occurred once...in the 5th game. The Lakers made it to 99 in the 2nd game, but neededovertime to achieve that. Then proceeded to drop a lowly 68 in the 3rd stanza of the series. As you can see where I'm going with this, 'Sheeddidn't need to dominate on the offensive end, his team's defense allowed for him to not have to tap into that part of his game.

Sheed's NBA Finals Performance > Pau's NBA Finals Performance

I'm not really trying to justify Pau's performance, what I'm trying to justify is that Rasheed Wallace is gettting older, and for the Lakers styleof play, Pau Gasol is much better suited than Rasheed is. Rasheed was a product of a greater whole during that playoff run, but I'm just saying, TODAY,that I think Pau is much better off than Rasheed. The past two years, Rasheed has dipped in his performances, and he's not motivated.

Anyways, in other news;

[h1]Mavericks Say No To Artest-For-JoshHoward Offer[/h1]

Jul 18, 2008 4:07 AM EST

Artest_Ron_sac.jpg
The Sacramento Kings have tried for aRon Artest trade to Dallas in exchange for Josh Howard, but the Mavericks are not interested, the Dallas Morning News is reporting.

The Mavs were willing to give up Jerry Stackhouse and Brandon Bass for the former All-Star, but when the Kings wanted Howard in return the discussionsended, writes Brandon George.

The talk involving Artest and Lamar Odom of the Los Angeles Lakers also appears to have broken down, while Phoenix and San Antonio are interested.

Via Dallas Morning News

[h1]Darius Miles Works Out For Mavericks[/h1]

Jul 18, 2008 3:35 AM EST

Miles_Darius_por.jpg
Former Blazers forward Darius Milescompleted the latest audition in his attempt to get back into the NBA, this time with the Dallas Mavericks, Ian Thomsen from Sports Illustrated isreporting.

"He was much better than I thought he would be,'' a member of the Mavericks' camp said. "On a scale of 1 to 10, I was expecting him tobe 6. But he was a good, solid 8.''

While exhausted, Thomsen reports that at the end Miles jumped flat-footed and touched the top of the backboard square, showing he still has some explosionhis leap.

"I'm physically 100 percent,'' Miles said in his first interview since attempting a comeback unprecedented in this salary-cap era."I'm not in [basketball] shape, but healthwise and bodywise I'm 100 percent. I've got the explosion, I can move.''

Miles is trying to become the first player to come back after the NBA ruled that his injury was "career ending".

If he were to sign a new contract and play in 10 or more games this season, his $9 million salary would go back on Portland's books.

Via Sports Illustrated

I'm not terribly fond of Darius Miles, but I'd give him a contract over any of our summer league guys. As for Artest, I wouldhave loved to hear the rumored deal, but I have faith in Cuban/Donnie.

You're comparing apples to oranges. If this were four to five years ago, of course I'd agree. But this isn't. Its like saying take your pick.. Karl Malone on the Lakers or Elton Brand after being drafted.

What exactly has Rasheed wallace done in the past few postseasons next to the his teammates other than get to the ECF and being there?? Rasheed has fallen off, the past two postseasons he has scored 20 points only twice in the past two playoff runs, both times only shooting 43%, and both occured this year. Its not like Gasol has been bad, his teammates sure were though, Jason Williams, Shane Battier, and Brian Cardinal aren't going to cut it in the playoffs. Not to mention the three teams they faced were the Mavericks, Suns, and Spurs. Rasheed had the same luck Gasol did on the Blazers, getting swept by contenders. If you put Rasheed on those Grizzlies teams, you aren't getting much better. Fact is, Rasheed is getting old.

What can Rashweed do for a contender @ 34 that a young Gasol @ 28 can't do when Gasol fits the triangle offense?

I wouldn't necessarily call Battier, Jason Williams, James Posey, Bonzi Wells, Mike Miller, Hakim Warrick, Lorenzen Wright (when he was pretty good),etc, etc. bad. They had 10 players deep on those playoff teams which is why Hubie Brown used a 10-man rotation.

The thing I'm trying to get at you about Rasheed and Gasol is that Gasol is weak mentally. Rasheed can get in his head mentally and causes him to messup. Sure, Gasol can outplay Rasheed on many occasions, but if you're weak physically and mentally, a veteran like Rasheed can get into Pau's head andcause him to lose focus. I cannot only say that about Rasheed, but just about any veteran big man that has to face Pau. Even Zach Randolph gets in his head,and I've seen it happen many times. You're right about Pau being a better fit with the Lakers which is what I mentioned earlier mainly becauseSheed' is too old and can't really contribute anymore like Pau can. What Pau needs to do is stop letting other bigs get in his head at times and causeshim to mess up in games. I'm pretty sure any Laker fan knows some of the stupid things he does in games by now, because I've been seeing that crap forthe past 6-7 years now.

^ i agree!!!! if ron ended up on the lakers id think he would eventually screw up and we would end up hating him

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

The talk involving Artest and Lamar Odom of the Los Angeles Lakers also appears to have broken down, while Phoenix and San Antonio are interested.

tiger.jpg

co-sign anywhere besides the Lakers.

Houston Rockets star Tracy McGrady told ESPN he would be interested in joining the Pistons. Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said Wednesday that McGrady is happy in Houston and was surprised at how reports characterized his interest in being traded to Detroit. ESPN's Stephen A. Smith reported on ESPN late Tuesday night that he spoke with McGrady and that McGrady wouldn't mind a trade to Detroit. Detroit Free Press
I wish he would come
pimp.gif

Assuming Phoenix and San Antonio are the only other two teams with strong interest, I don't see how the Kings expect to get someone of Josh Howard'scaliber. It's just not going to happen... Just looking at comparable guys on the Spurs and Suns... You know San Antonio isn't trading one ofParker/Manu and outside of that, they don't have much of real value on the trade wire. All their guys seem like the types that will have more value to theSpurs than they will anybody else... And I don't know that I'd take back Diaw or Barbosa's contracts from the Suns if I'm Petrie and theMaloofs... If the Lakers really drop out of this thing, and Ron keeps complaining, Bass and Stackhouse might be the best offer out there... They'llprobably end up keeping him and try to live through the headaches, but considering you've got a young coach in Theus that you feel is the guy for yourfranchise going forward, that could be a terrible idea....

Good lord, no wonder the Knicks declined the Clippers offer;

Jul 18, 2008 7:12 PM EST

"I have learned that the Clippers' offer to the Knicks for Zach Randolph last week was much more audacious than first suspected," reports IanThomsen of Sports Illustrated.

"In addition to Randolph, they wanted the Knicks to send them a first-round pick and $3 million in exchange for Brevin Knight. The Knicks said no."

Via Sports Illustrated

"In addition to Randolph, they wanted the Knicks to send them a first-round pick and $3 million in exchange for Brevin Knight. The Knicks said no."
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is some NBA Live kind of !%*+.

indifferent.gif
Agthekid wrote:

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

and Gasol is better than Rasheed.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Brah thats the funniest thing I heard in a minute. What ever your on pass that %@% my way.

honestly, how is that a ridiculous statement ??? a couple of years ago that MIGHT have been the case but it obviously it is not NOW !

Back
Top Bottom