Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Honestly, why did dude sign so fast?

It seemed like he had the upper hand, and, according to the article, he wanted Kapono type money but settled on this 3 year deal.

With Europe in play, he shoulda waited it out some more and maybe could have squeezed out some more dough

laugh.gif
@ the title edit.

atm machine
pimp.gif
eyes.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSSS THEY MATCHED CJ!!!!

BEST NEWS ALL SUMMER, GREAT JOB
pimp.gif

CJ Miles resigning doesn't make sense.

yea doesnt make sense for the rockets cuz they'll never make it out the 1st round if they have to play the jazz still
laugh.gif
miles is a bargain and is barely goin to make more than scrubs like hart andcollins.

Bad move for Utah.

glad you arent KOC
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
jazz haters gonna be seein a lot more of that

laugh.gif

Nah it's well known that CJ Miles was in Sloan's doghouse.

With the emergence of Almond in Summer League, Sloan's great coaching year in and year it out, is CJ Miles REALLY a deal breaker here? Enough so to payhim nearly $4M a year to be a backup? Who'll never be a starter unless Deron gets injured? All this after you traded for Knight, who's a pretty solidbackup PG as is?

[h2]NBA Star in Central American Fender Bender[/h2]
Posted Jul 25th 2008 7:28PM by TMZ Staff

0725_trina_martin_ex_fm.jpg
Kenyon Martin loves to crash the boards as a member of the Denver Nuggets. He probably isn't as big a fan of car crashes.

TMZ has learned the NBA star and rapper Trina were involved in a car accident in Belize earlier today. Kenyon is in town for a charity basketball event he ishosting Saturday night.

When they were leaving the airport, we're told their car was side-swiped by another vehicle and run off the road. Kenyon's rep tells us he was fine andno one was injured.

Nice to re-sign CJ Miles, but I want to see what Almond can do this year. Too bad the Jazz will lose Boozer to the Grizzlies via free agency nextyear.
grin.gif
You already know Boozer goes where the money at.

dont compare sasha's contract to walton's

walton STILL has 5 years left (total of 6)
vujacic can be traded for a second round pick or something if he sucks next year

walton is untradeable

Originally Posted by knightngale

dont compare sasha's contract to walton's

walton STILL have 5 years left (total of 6)
vujacic can be traded for a second round pick or something if he sucks next year

walton is untradeable
sick.gif

West is looking at the overseas money too. Damn, looks like i'm going to have to start learning euroleague team names.

surprised that the jazz matched cj miles offer from okc
guess they didnt want another team reaping the benifits and all the work the jazz put in on him

Originally Posted by franchise3

Honestly, why did dude sign so fast?

It seemed like he had the upper hand, and, according to the article, he wanted Kapono type money but settled on this 3 year deal.

With Europe in play, he shoulda waited it out some more and maybe could have squeezed out some more dough

sounds to me like you mad the rockets didnt sign him and the lakers did
laugh.gif

if kapono got 6 mil, saying sasha is overpaid is pushing it.

plus its only a 3 year deal....

Originally Posted by dyyhard

0725_trina_martin_ex_fm.jpg
Kenyon Martin loves to crash the boards as a member of the Denver Nuggets. He probably isn't as big a fan of car crashes.

TMZ has learned the NBA star and rapper Trina were involved in a car accident in Belize earlier today. Kenyon is in town for a charity basketball event he is hosting Saturday night.

When they were leaving the airport, we're told their car was side-swiped by another vehicle and run off the road. Kenyon's rep tells us he was fine and no one was injured.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
any1 know exactly what part of Belize

Originally Posted by presequel

i dont think he counts for luxury tax because we have his bird rights.

They do. They were able to resign him even though they were over the luxury tax because they had his bird rights.

Vujacic damn near single handedly WON them a game in the Finals. He was the 2nd best perimeter player for the Lakers last season.

The team still relies so much on Kobe's offense and he is not getting younger and needs more and more rest. So it is absolutely vital to keep Vujacic around for his offensive output. They had to keep him at all costs. At 3 years, this is a great deal. Mitch has learned from hispast blunders. I don't see how Sasha can regress after working hard to develop his shot over the years. His production will be therefor the next 3 years. They will get what they pay for. Unlike Luke Walton who they gave a long-term deal for his high IQ and outlet passes.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

TMZ has learned the NBA star and rapper Trina were involved in a car accident in Belize earlier today. Kenyon is in town for a charity basketball event he is hosting Saturday night.

When they were leaving the airport, we're told their car was side-swiped by another vehicle and run off the road. Kenyon's rep tells us he was fine and no one was injured.

I coulda swore that said NBA star involved in Central American GENDER Bender.

I was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

damn for that price, the Lakers should have thrown that type of money at J.R. Smith.....

Is anyone else surprised that he's still out there. I mean dude is definetly a baller. Shame no one wants him.

Headcases aren't paid nearly as much. Look at Ron Artest, the guy is a great quality player, he isn't making much. Bonzi Wells can be quite the nut aswell, but he was a very good player, he always got what he deserved.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

They do. They were able to resign him even though they were over the luxury tax because they had his bird rights.

Glad someone cleared that up, I was thinking too hard.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Glad someone cleared that up, I was thinking too hard.
laugh.gif

For every dollar they go over the salary cap threshold, they have to pay another dollar in taxes.

Say the cap is 20 million, they sign a player for 3 million more than the cap allows, they would have to pay a tax of 3 million to exceed the limit.

Back
Top Bottom