Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

cavs need to go and pursue michael redd along with every other possible free agent now, talk to them, something, and strike a deal when you can

Ferry, make it happen!!!!!!!!!!

(ponders how Ferry has sucked so far in his term as GM)

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Don't the Hornets already have a jump shooter than can't do much else in Peja? Why would they need Redd and his hefty contract?

I wasn't implying like they were going after him I meant it would be nice if we had person of his caliber and he does more than Peja. But anh I candream. And yea the Contract is
sick.gif

acidiality, who is that in your avy?
nerd.gif
A Warrior?

If I were Miami, I would keep Rose or Beasley, unless you know for sure you're getting back a good player in the trade.

I could def. see Wally ($13.5 mil next season and expiring in summer of '09) and a bench filler expiring in '09 going for Redd. Cavs get another scorerin Redd and the Bucks get a few expiring contracts/cap space for 2009.

eaglebball1499 - Jeff Green and the 4th and 24th picks would be giving up too much for #2. I think the deal is pretty fair with fillers such as Earl Watson andDorrell Wright. Perhaps the Sonics could also give the Heat one of the second round draft picks?

Originally Posted by CL2423

acidiality, who is that in your avy?
nerd.gif
A Warrior?

If I were Miami, I would keep Rose or Beasley, unless you know for sure you're getting back a good player in the trade.
yeah, it's Patrick O'Bryant
pimp.gif

Miami Outgoing:
#2 Pick

Miami Incoming:
#14 Pick
$10 million trade exception
Mickael Pietrus

Why Miami Does It:
- They may lose Shawn Marion so a sign and trade for Mickael Pietrus makes a little sense. The #14 pick could be DJ Augustin, it's not that unlikely. Butthe intriguing piece is the $10 million trade exception the Warriors acquired last year from Charlotte in the Wright/Richardson trade. However, Golden Statemust use it by June 30 or they lose it. Miami would be contenders again with the cap they would have to lure a big free agent.

Golden State Outgoing:
#14 Pick
Mickael Pietrus

Golden State Incoming:
#2 Pick

Why Golden State Does It:
- Pietrus doesn't want to be in the Bay Area anymore and was looking to be traded by February's deadline. Didn't happen, and since he playedpoorly he probably won't see a big payday like he hoped. Which means he'd probably sign a mid-level like contract around $5 million for 2 years. Notbad for Miami or Golden State. Also, the Warriors have no pressing needs other than a backup PG which could either be Rose or Bayless. And the $10 milliontrade exception they have will expire if they don't use it in some way.

Don't think you can trade an exception without getting a player in return... And even then, you only trade the amount of the exception to match theincoming contract...

Miami Outgoing:
#2 Pick

Miami Incoming:
#14 Pick
Mickael Pietrus

Why Miami Does It:
- They may lose Shawn Marion so a sign and trade for Mickael Pietrus makes a little sense. The #14 pick could be DJ Augustin, it's not that unlikely. But the intriguing piece is the $10 million trade exception the Warriors acquired last year from Charlotte in the Wright/Richardson trade. However, Golden State must use it by June 30 or they lose it. Miami would be contenders again with the cap they would have to lure a big free agent.

Golden State Outgoing:
#14 Pick
Mickael Pietrus

Golden State Incoming:
#2 Pick

- Pietrus doesn't want to be in the Bay Area anymore and was looking to be traded by February's deadline. Didn't happen, and since he played poorly he probably won't see a big payday like he hoped. Which means he'd probably sign a mid-level like contract around $5 million for 2 years. Not bad for Miami or Golden State. Also, the Warriors have no pressing needs other than a backup PG which could either be Rose or Bayless. And the $10 million trade exception they have will expire if they don't use it in some way.
love it. we'll give them Al too or something.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

Miami Outgoing:
#2 Pick

Miami Incoming:
#14 Pick
Mickael Pietrus

Why Miami Does It:
- They may lose Shawn Marion so a sign and trade for Mickael Pietrus makes a little sense. The #14 pick could be DJ Augustin, it's not that unlikely. But the intriguing piece is the $10 million trade exception the Warriors acquired last year from Charlotte in the Wright/Richardson trade. However, Golden State must use it by June 30 or they lose it. Miami would be contenders again with the cap they would have to lure a big free agent.

Golden State Outgoing:
#14 Pick
Mickael Pietrus

Golden State Incoming:
#2 Pick

- Pietrus doesn't want to be in the Bay Area anymore and was looking to be traded by February's deadline. Didn't happen, and since he played poorly he probably won't see a big payday like he hoped. Which means he'd probably sign a mid-level like contract around $5 million for 2 years. Not bad for Miami or Golden State. Also, the Warriors have no pressing needs other than a backup PG which could either be Rose or Bayless. And the $10 million trade exception they have will expire if they don't use it in some way.

I like that idea, but if the Warriors get the #2 pick they better pick Beasley. I'm sure they can find a backup point guard in the 2nd round or sign apoint guard from the D-League.

Originally Posted by AJ23ToKB24

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

Miami Outgoing:
#2 Pick

Miami Incoming:
#14 Pick
Mickael Pietrus

Why Miami Does It:

Golden State Outgoing:
#14 Pick
Mickael Pietrus

Golden State Incoming:
#2 Pick

I like that idea, but if the Warriors get the #2 pick they better pick Beasley. I'm sure they can find a backup point guard in the 2nd round or sign a point guard from the D-League.

its never gonna happen

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Miami Outgoing:
#2 Pick

Miami Incoming:
#14 Pick
Mickael Pietrus

Why Miami Does It:

Golden State Outgoing:
#14 Pick
Mickael Pietrus

Golden State Incoming:
#2 Pick

don't get me wrong...this would be absolutely AMAZING if it happened....but I really can't see us moving up to no. 2 without trading Baron.GSDOUBLEU's Baron+future 1st is a more realistic possibility, if we would move up.

Baron+1st+Trade Exception is the ONLY way the Heat will take the deal.
Baron + Wade + Marion, Pat Riley has "a desire to coach again"
laugh.gif

That team will be automatically discussed to go to the Finals

I remember me, Acid, and a couple of others were talking to this a while back
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KRS87

#2 and a player to the Sonics for #4, #24, and a player.

Miami could still take Bayless if Rose is gone at #1 and get a quality player at 24.
Sonics get their starting PF.
This makes alot of sense, good idea
I'm sure the Sonics would LOVE to market the childhood friends Durant and Beasely

I have a question. Why is DWade in almost every pic from the draft lottery with the Bulls??

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Miami Outgoing:
#2 Pick

Miami Incoming:
#14 Pick
Mickael Pietrus

Why Miami Does It:

Golden State Outgoing:
#14 Pick
Mickael Pietrus

Golden State Incoming:
#2 Pick

The Heat's tank job would go into waste with this.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom