Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
I have when people single out guys for flopping, though... It's always funny.

Every single player in the NBA acts or flops to some extent. Every. Single. One. Some take it to greater lengths than others, but it's a league-wide problem, from LeBron and Kobe all the way down to Jose Juan Barea and Luke Walton.
My dude just put Luke in the same sentence as JJB.
laugh.gif

some of the dudes in this thread are ridiculous. The 14, a trade exception, and your teams 100th man for the number 2? How is that even close to being remotelytempting. That's just stupid

My gut tells me the Knicks will make a Draft-Day trade for the second straight year. And for the second straight year, Zach Randolph could be involved. I think there's a reason Walsh repeats the 2010 under-the-cap game plan. Because their next trade - if it involves Randolph - will not make sense basketball-wise, only cap-wise. It's the kind of trade Isiah Thomas never made, always getting more talent in the deal. NY Post blog

The Knicks would love to get their hands on Calderon, but T.J. Ford is probably the more realistic option of the two. If the Knicks don't draft a guard they could opt for Danilo Gallinari, a 6-9 small forward who is playing in his home country of Italy. He has the skills to thrive in D'Antoni's system. Gallinari's father, Victorio, played with D'Antoni in Italy. NY Daily News

Wouldn't really mind TJ Ford like HTTB said he's solid once he's healthy.

But for the love of God please don't draft Gallinari.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the idea of the Cavs trading Lebron for a draft pick...

Reading is fundamental

No one mentioned "Lebron" specifically being traded for a draft pick,

A player of his caliber is the only the reason why that pick would be moved, is how I understand Riles thinking

anything else would be uncivilized

If that's the case then trade talks shouldn't even surface because anyone even close to LeBron is not happening... At all. As good of a prospectBeasley and Rose are, you are putting them in WAYYYYYYYYY too much high regard right now with the way you guys are talking.

If that's the case then trade talks shouldn't even surface because anyone even close to LeBron is not happening... At all. As good of a prospect Beasley and Rose are, you are putting them in WAYYYYYYYYY too much high regard right now with the way you guys are talking.
THATS THE DUDES EXACT POINT. People in here are throwing around trash for the number two and all the guy said was they werent going to trade itunless a special player came along. You literally just proved his point.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

If that's the case then trade talks shouldn't even surface because anyone even close to LeBron is not happening... At all. As good of a prospect Beasley and Rose are, you are putting them in WAYYYYYYYYY too much high regard right now with the way you guys are talking.
THATS THE DUDES EXACT POINT. People in here are throwing around trash for the number two and all the guy said was they werent going to trade it unless a special player came along. You literally just proved his point.

1. I wasn't disagreeing with him. I know they won't trade the pick unless it was a great player.

2. What I'm saying is that the Heat and Heat fans are making the No. 2 pick bigger then it really is. It's not worth that much and won't be.

3. So I'm not exactly sure with what you're trying to get at?

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
I have when people single out guys for flopping, though... It's always funny.

Every single player in the NBA acts or flops to some extent. Every. Single. One. Some take it to greater lengths than others, but it's a league-wide problem, from LeBron and Kobe all the way down to Jose Juan Barea and Luke Walton.
My dude just put Luke in the same sentence as JJB.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
It really wasn't meant that way... Just more the first guythat came to mind when I thought of scrubby bench players.

So I'm not exactly sure with what you're trying to get at?
dude's are freaking out on the Heat fan for saying the heat wont trade the pick unless they get a special player in return. The heat fan saidthis and people were all over his back saying "No way you get so and so for the pick". People were failing to realize that he was saying that theywerent going to trade the pick unless they got so and so in return. Thats the only point im making. It wasn't necessarily directed at you but the 300other dudes that freaked out on him for saying it.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

So I'm not exactly sure with what you're trying to get at?
dude's are freaking out on the Heat fan for saying the heat wont trade the pick unless they get a special player in return. The heat fan said this and people were all over his back saying "No way you get so and so for the pick". People were failing to realize that he was saying that they werent going to trade the pick unless they got so and so in return. Thats the only point im making. It wasn't necessarily directed at you but the 300 other dudes that freaked out on him for saying it.

Okay, I got you. Some people who want the No. 2 are low balling and at the same time the Heat are high balling. In the middle somewhere is what the No. 2pick is worth.

I was so happy following the Melo possible deal. I knew it would be very complicated to pull off, but the possibility was
eek.gif
http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/542123.html

Nets in the chase for that #2...

The Miami Herald reports Thursday that the Nets are among five teams who "would have interest" in acquiring the rights to Michael Beasley if the Heat were willing to trade away their #2 pick. According to the Herald, the Heat want to dump the contracts of Marcus Banks and Mark Blount. They would alslo want the Nets' two first rounders. Said Kiki Vandeweghe: "I like that pick."

I came up with a possibilities of where Zach Randolph could end up

Atlanta Hawks
Speedy Claxton-2 years
Zaza Pachullia- 1 year
Solomon Jones- 1 year

Caveliers
Wally World-1 year
Joe Smith-1 year
2nd round pick(s)
for Randolph, Balkman and Collins

Heat
Blount-2 years
Marcus Banks- 3 years
Alexander Johnson-1 year

Nets
Stromile Swift-1 year
Keith Van Horn-2 years
Trenton Hassle-2 years

76ers
Dalembert-3 years
Reggie Evans- 3 years

Kings
Artest
Kenny Thomas-2 years

Raptors
TJ Ford
Rasho Nestorivich
for Randolph and Balkman

Wizards
Etan Thomas-2 years
Darius Songalia- 2 years
Brendan Haywood- 2 years

Originally Posted by Proshares

^ It's good to see you're doing something constructive now that the St. John's semester is over.

laugh.gif
yea I have way too much time on my hands right now. Looking upthose trades on the trade checker was probably harder than 3/4 of my finals
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Atlanta Hawks
Speedy Claxton-2 years
Zaza Pachullia- 1 year
Solomon Jones- 1 year

Caveliers
Wally World-1 year
Joe Smith-1 year
2nd round pick(s)

Heat
Blount-2 years
Marcus Banks- 3 years
Alexander Johnson-1 year

Nets
Stromile Swift-1 year
Keith Van Horn-2 years
Trenton Hassle-2 years

76ers
Dalembert-3 years
Reggie Evans- 3 years

Kings
Artest
Kenny Thomas-2 years

Raptors
TJ Ford
Rasho Nestorivich
for Randolph and Balkman

Wizards
Etan Thomas-2 years
Darius Songalia- 2 years
Brendan Haywood- 2 years

God no. Keep that rudy-poo piece of trailer trash across the Hudson, thank you very much.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

Atlanta Hawks
Speedy Claxton-2 years
Zaza Pachullia- 1 year
Solomon Jones- 1 year

Caveliers
Wally World-1 year
Joe Smith-1 year
2nd round pick(s)

Heat
Blount-2 years
Marcus Banks- 3 years
Alexander Johnson-1 year

Nets
Stromile Swift-1 year
Keith Van Horn-2 years
Trenton Hassle-2 years

76ers
Dalembert-3 years
Reggie Evans- 3 years

Kings
Artest
Kenny Thomas-2 years

Raptors
TJ Ford
Rasho Nestorivich
for Randolph and Balkman

Wizards
Etan Thomas-2 years
Darius Songalia- 2 years
Brendan Haywood- 2 years

God no. Keep that rudy-poo piece of trailer trash across the Hudson, thank you very much.

You sure, you guys are built to win now, and are desperately in need of a low post prescence. Plus you wouldn't be giving anything up. It sounds like agreat trade if you ask me. You get the low post scorer you need and we get the cap relief we need.

^Not trying to shoot down your idea with the Cavs, I actually can't believe somebody took the time to come up with something reasonable (so props forthat), but Danny Ferry won't make a move for Randolph or any type of player who's had locker room issues. He's stated before he doesn't wanttroublesome players coming in and out of here messing up anything in the locker room. Plus, Randolph isn't really known for his defense, and that's theidentity we've taken the last couple years.

Atlanta Hawks
Speedy Claxton-2 years
Zaza Pachullia- 1 year
Solomon Jones- 1 year

Caveliers
Wally World-1 year
Joe Smith-1 year
2nd round pick(s)

Heat
Blount-2 years
Marcus Banks- 3 years
Alexander Johnson-1 year

Nets
Stromile Swift-1 year
Keith Van Horn-2 years
Trenton Hassle-2 years

76ers
Dalembert-3 years
Reggie Evans- 3 years

Kings
Artest
Kenny Thomas-2 years

Raptors
TJ Ford
Rasho Nestorivich
for Randolph and Balkman

Wizards
Etan Thomas-2 years
Darius Songalia- 2 years
Brendan Haywood- 2 years

roll.gif
Knick fans, we won't take Randolph, we only want picks.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

Atlanta Hawks
Speedy Claxton-2 years
Zaza Pachullia- 1 year
Solomon Jones- 1 year

Caveliers
Wally World-1 year
Joe Smith-1 year
2nd round pick(s)

Heat
Blount-2 years
Marcus Banks- 3 years
Alexander Johnson-1 year

Nets
Stromile Swift-1 year
Keith Van Horn-2 years
Trenton Hassle-2 years

76ers
Dalembert-3 years
Reggie Evans- 3 years

Kings
Artest
Kenny Thomas-2 years

Raptors
TJ Ford
Rasho Nestorivich
for Randolph and Balkman

Wizards
Etan Thomas-2 years
Darius Songalia- 2 years
Brendan Haywood- 2 years

You sure, you guys are built to win now, and are desperately in need of a low post prescence. Plus you wouldn't be giving anything up. It sounds like a great trade if you ask me. You get the low post scorer you need and we get the cap relief we need.

I'll admit, I didn't watch a lot of Knicks games this season, but from what I saw, Z-Bo decided to become a jump shooter for the most part anddidn't utilize his low-post abilties as much as he should have. Whether that is because of his own selfishness or because of Isiah's inability to applyhim is up for debate.

Plus his contract is terrible, and we don't need two of those (VC) on this team.

Truth be told, Zach is a very effective low post scorer and rebounder. He does a lot of stuff down there.

He just doesn't work on defense and he's a serious black hole.

He just doesn't work on defense and he's a serious black hole.
...& thats the biggest reason why we wouldn't need him. Of course the scoring is nice, but we're not exactly looking for just thatdown low. When we go out this offseason to search for a down low player, we need a defender. A rugged rebounder, low post D, shot blocking, etc.

[h1]NBA a world away for Julius Hodge[/h1][h3]Chip Alexander[/h3][h3](Raleigh) News & Observer[/h3]
After being a man on the move, Julius Hodge knows where he wants to be grounded this time next year: In the NBA, hopefully in the playoffs and chasing anNBA championship. "You know me," Hodge said. "I'm still chasing that dream." And this past season, that meant chasing it all over theglobe.

The season took the former N.C. State star from New York to Italy to Australia to Albuquerque, N.M. He played against such teams as Benetton Treviso (andformer Pack teammate Engin Atsur), the Singapore Slingers and the Austin Toros.

Hodge tried his hand at a new sport, cricket. He even surfed off the south coast of Australia -- the kid from Harlem, N.Y., testing the waves DownUnder.

"It was quite an experience and fun at times," Hodge said in an interview last week. "But it's not where I want to be."

In 2005, Hodge was where he wanted to be -- with the Denver Nuggets, as the team's first-round draft choice. But his time in the NBA proved to be alltoo brief, and nightmarish.

Hodge, the ACC player of the year as a junior at NCSU, played sparingly in 14 games his rookie season before being the shooting victim of a late-nightincident. In April 2006, he was hit in the hip, leg and foot after leaving a Denver nightspot. A car pulled up next to his car on Interstate 76 and shots werefired.

No one was charged in the shooting, which left Hodge hospitalized. The next season, he was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks but soon was placed on waivers andwas out of the NBA.

"What happened to me in Denver made me smarter as a player and as a person," Hodge said. "I probably wasn't associating with the rightpeople. I should have been staying around the team veterans like Marcus Camby.

"It helped me grow. One thing you learn is life is more than about those 48 minutes on the basketball court. You should always strive to live life tothe fullest. You need to be a good person."

Hodge, 24, dismisses his short stay in the Italian league last season with Cimberio Varese and then Legea Scafati, saying the living arrangements weresubstandard. But he quickly became something of a cult hero after joining the Adelaide 36ers of Australia's National Basketball League in lateDecember.

"Not only is he a great player, but one of the friendliest and most approachable players we've had at our club," said Paul Bauer, operationsmanager for the 36ers. "He was a huge hit with our fans. Our attendance figures went through the roof after the fans caught a glimpse of Julius ...

"And he took it all in his stride. A great on-court showman and an even better teammate."

In 12 games with the 36ers, Hodge averaged 24.6 points, 9.1 rebounds and led the league with 5.9 assists a game. The 6-foot-7 guard scored 39 points in onegame, and had 25 points, 12 rebounds and 13 assists in another.

Hodge said he had a condo overlooking a beach in Adelaide, a city of 1.1 million. He tried cricket but said it was "a little too boring" and thematches too long.

"They can be 10 to 12 hours," he said, laughing.

And his surfing?

"I was horrible," Hodge said. "I fell off and fell on my side pretty hard. I vowed I would not get on a board again."

Leaving Australia after the season, Hodge returned to play 16 games in the NBA's Developmental League with the Albuquerque Thunderbirds. His numbers --23.7 points, 8.3 rebounds and 6.0 assists -- again were impressive, enhancing his chances of making it back to the NBA.

Hodge said his plan now is to attend a few NBA minicamps, play in the summer league and make it into an NBA preseason camp.

"I definitely see it as very promising," he said.

Hodge said while he is still "the prankster," he no longer seeks out the nightlife. He has a 15-month-old daughter, Michaela Supreme Hodge, andsaid he spends much of his free time with her at home.

"Instead of me going out late at night, she keeps me up at night," he said, laughing again.

Hodge said he speaks every couple of weeks with Herb Sendek, his former coach at State, and wears his Wolfpack garb during his daily workouts at the NewYork Athletic Club.

"I'm spending a lot of hours on my shooting technique," he said.

Hodge keeps up with the doings in the ACC and hopes State center J.J. Hickson, who has entered his name into this year's NBA Draft, will stay in collegefor at least another season.

Hodge could have given up his last year of college ball to turn pro. But he's convinced coming back for a senior season helped him become first-roundworthy.

"The NBA is a tough transition," he said. "A lot of young guys who jump early don't realize how much hard work it is.

"You've got to make the best decision for you and your family. All I can say to those thinking of making the jump is, 'Good luck.'"

Atlanta Hawks
Speedy Claxton-2 years
Zaza Pachullia- 1 year
Solomon Jones- 1 year

Caveliers
Wally World-1 year
Joe Smith-1 year
2nd round pick(s)

Heat