Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

consider me a fan of whatever team miller goes to. i think the blazers deal is fair. miller is the smoothest shooter in the league, he can take it to the hoop,beast on the boards, pass it like a point guard, and is unselfish. i think miller and king james would be a perfect match. i'll be happy wherever he goes,hopefully to a contender. if he stays with the grizzlies, that's cool too, though its unlikely.

btw, mike miller = most underrated player in the league.

The last thing Cleveland needs is someone that can't do anything but shoot jumpers with a bloated contract for the next 3 or 4 years...
Yup..

That team has been built so poorly around him, I feel bad for him most of the time. Not necessarily the talent level...but the kind of players they've putalong side of him.

The team is not built to his strengths, which is a shame.

Oh well, it'll just make him leave..

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

consider me a fan of whatever team miller goes to. i think the blazers deal is fair. miller is the smoothest shooter in the league, he can take it to the hoop, beast on the boards, pass it like a point guard, and is unselfish. i think miller and king james would be a perfect match. i'll be happy wherever he goes, hopefully to a contender. if he stays with the grizzlies, that's cool too, though its unlikely.

btw, mike miller = most underrated player in the league.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Rumor: Avery Johnson is nearing a deal to coach the Bulls. The second rumor: Memphis forward Joey Dorsey claimed he had "inside" information the Bulls planned to draft Kansas State power forward Michael Beasley instead of Dorsey's college teammate, point guard Derrick Rose. An exasperated John Paxson angrily shot down the latter. Sources close to Johnson, while not ruling out an eventual marriage, denied anything is imminent on the former. "It doesn't do me any good to respond to this stuff," the Bulls' GM said about Dorsey's claim. "I'm tired of it already. Nobody has any idea. Anyone who speculates can do that. That's fine. But nobody knows. We have one month, so let me do my work for a month, OK?" Chicago Tribune

Heat President Pat Riley, who owns the No. 2 pick in the NBA Draft, has said he might do something unexpected June 26 rather than simply choose Memphis point guard Derrick Rose or Kansas State power forward Michael Beasley, the top-rated prospects. If Riley selected Southern California's O.J. Mayo - or came away with him in a trade - and paired him with Dwyane Wade, the Heat would be creating an unconventional but potentially explosive backcourt. Palm Beach Post

The Raptors are beginning to shop PG T.J. Ford, according to a league executive. NY Post

"Let's Make a Deal'': How about the Clippers, who need a point guard, trade Corey Maggette to the Raptors, who need a small forward, for T.J. Ford? Racine Journal Times

The current roster already has somewhat of a logjam at the point, with more combo guards in Stephon Marbury and Nate Robinson. Marbury is in the final year of his contract and could be a buyout candidate. Robinson hasn't proven he can handle the point guard responsibilities full-time and is viewed as a better fit to bring energy off the bench. Mardy Collins is not seen as an NBA starter. NY Newsday

I wish that deal would've gone through last season with Mike Miller. Him and LeBron would've been beasts together. Now that we took a second route, Idoubt Miller would be dealt to the Cavs.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Michael Redd is NOT what LeBron needs.

He is just what they need a player that can get off his own and does not need James to create for him.

Collins returning to Bulls as head coach
ESPN.com news services
Updated: May 29, 2008, 1:58 PM ET

The Chicago Bulls' next head coach will be a familiar face.

Doug Collins, who has coached the Bulls, Washington Wizards and Detroit Pistons, will be hired as Chicago's new coach.

[h4]Mr. Fix It[/h4]
dcollins_m.jpg

Doug Collins can turn around a team quickly. In each of his three previous stops, the team he has taken over has seen an immediate improvement.
[table][tr][td]Team[/td] [td]Win increase[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bulls[/td] [td]+10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pistons[/td] [td]+18[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wizards[/td] [td]+18[/td] [/tr][/table]

Among the factors that led to Collins' decision to return to the NBA: his relationship with Bulls vice president of basketball operations John Paxson, whom he coached; his relationship with team owner Jerry Reinsdorf, whom he worked for earlier in his coaching career; and the fond memories he has of his time in Chicago in the early part of Michael Jordan's prolific career.

Earlier this month, Collins told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that he had "no interest" in coaching again.

Paxson said Thursday in a statement that the Bulls and Collins do not have a deal.

"I have been in contact with Doug Collins in regard to our head coaching position. Contrary to some reports that are currently out there, we have not reached an agreement," Paxson said. "Right now, his commitment is covering the Western Conference Finals for TNT. When that series concludes, we will continue our dialogue.

"In the meantime, I will continue to talk to other candidates and review our options."

Collins, currently an NBA analyst with TNT, last coached in 2002 with the Wizards. His overall record is 332-228, 15-23 in the postseason.

Collins, who started coaching the Bulls in 1986, was fired in 1989, despite leading the team to the Eastern Conference finals. He was replaced by Phil Jackson, who went on to coach the team to six NBA titles.

Collins made the playoffs all three seasons in Chicago and his teams went 137-109.

Expected to contend in the Eastern Conference after reaching the second round of the playoffs last season, Chicago plummeted, losing 49 games. Coach Scott Skiles was fired in December, and interim coach Jim Boylan lost his job after the season finale. But suddenly, luck seems to be smiling on the Bulls.

Chicago will pick first overall in the 2008 draft after winning the draft lottery.

Collins also had a solid NBA playing career, averaging 17.9 points in eight seasons after being selected No. 1 overall by the Philadelphia 76ers in the 1973 draft out of Illinois State. He was selected to four All-Star games.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Oh, so all the basketball news has to be posted in this ungainly, albatross of a thread.

My post got locked for this?

Give me a break.

^ Actually, no; your post didn't get locked for this.

Heaven forbid you actually read why your post was locked.

^No. I know, I know.

I was "late", yet there was zero indication of the news unless one clicked on the last page of the as-of-then un-updated thread.

I dunno. Just saying that not everything can or should be siphoned into one thread or another.

"Heaven forbid..."?

I'd appreciate that not being invoked for the purpose of being short (rude). I haven't found NT to be a place for that disrespect.

Burns1923:
^No. I know, I know.

I was "late", yet there was zero indication of the news unless one clicked on the last page of the as-of-then un-updated thread.

I dunno. Just saying that not everything can or should be siphoned into one thread or another.

"Heaven forbid..."?

I'd appreciate that not being invoked for the purpose of being short (rude). I haven't found NT to be a place for that disrespect.
So you still haven't checked to see why your thread was locked, huh?

You still think it was locked because you were supposed to post that in here, huh?

Heaven forbid you actually check to see why your thread was locked.

An exasperated John Paxson angrily shot down the latter. Sources close to Johnson, while not ruling out an eventual marriage, denied anything is imminent on the former. "It doesn't do me any good to respond to this stuff," the Bulls' GM said about Dorsey's claim. "I'm tired of it already. Nobody has any idea. Anyone who speculates can do that. That's fine. But nobody knows. We have one month, so let me do my work for a month, OK?" Chicago Tribune

You know he's mad because Dorsey's right

The last thing Cleveland needs is someone that can't do anything but shoot jumpers with a bloated contract for the next 3 or 4 years...

Word I really don't know why you'd want to take on that money and I totally disagree with the dude who said he can create his own shots.

Burns, my dude, Ima help you out, your thread was locked because another thread was already created stating that Collins had jumped on the number one pickbandwagon, I mean, signed onto be the coach of the Bulls. Your thread, had nothing to do with this thread at all. So be chill man, no one pickin on yourthreads or anything like that.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I thought Doug Collins stated he didn't want to coach. Interesting.

That was really just a question about the Suns job. Collins also turned down the GM job in Milwaukee.
Then D'Antoni didn't go to Chicago asexpected. Then the Bulls got the #1 overall pick. So the market has changed and so has Collins.

Ska, I suppose this -

http://niketalk.com/topic/77324/t/chicago-bulls-expected-to-hire-Doug-Collins-as-head-coach.html

- is the why you're referring to.

Fair enough. It wasn't on the 1st page, however, and my inclination wasn't to look on subsequent pages for news you'd believe would be a sustained 1st page topic. My "fault" on that.

As for your unnecessarily curt tone, I don't know you but only by what I read. As you know, it's quite easy for things to come across as condescending/rude/arrogant/etc. on a message board.

I respect you and everyone here. Please make an effort to return that sentiment.

(I do know that one thing we'll see eye to eye on is for the Lakers to knock out the Spurs.
glasses.gif
)

Now, the topic at hand - Collins to the Bulls:

Even after all this time, I still don't know how great a coach he actually is. Will he motivate the current roster? Can he develop a player like Rose?

Seems to be more questions with this hire than answers.

[marv albert] YESSSSSS!!!!!! [/marv albert]

i'm tired of hearing that egotistical piece of crap talking about himself. this is best news i've heard all day.
pimp.gif

I hold to a very simple philosophy: act the way you expect to be treated.

You made the assumption that your thread was locked because it should have been in this thread (strike 1) and then came in this thread to whine about it beforehaving all of the facts in place (strike 2). I'm not going to treat someone with an illegitimate beef the same way I would someone with a legitimate beef.I don't think I was rude, but I will say this: if you had all your facts straight (#1) and you weren't whining about it (#2), I definitely would haveresponded with a different tone; you would have definitely been taken more seriously.

But whining about something that you're not correct about is not going to be taken as seriously as knowing all the facts about a problem you're simplyexpressing concern for. A person in the second situation is a person takes their voice seriously, and that's why they're being sure not to come off aswhiny, and that's why they made sure to have their facts right before voicing their concern. I can... and will... respect that.

But someone who isn't going to take the same measures to ensure being taken seriously? I can... and will... take them as seriously as they have presentedtheirself.

Yes, I would have a problem with myself if...
... you felt that I was rude.
... you had all your facts straight.
... I didn't feel like you were coming off as whiny.

If you had all your facts straight and I didn't feel like you were coming off as whiny, but you felt like I was rude, I would have a problem with the way Ihandled things.

But that's not the case.

Now, the topic at hand - Collins to the Bulls:

Even after all this time, I still don't know how great a coach he actually is. Will he motivate the current roster? Can he develop a player like Rose?

Seems to be more questions with this hire than answers.

I mean, if a Scott Skiles didn't work with the Bulls, what would an Avery Johnson really do?

Good hire in Collins, as he's somebody with a track record. A guy who's proven to improve a ball club upon his arrival.

Definitely a lot better than hiring Avery Johnson.

Not sure Doug Collins is a better coach than some of the options available, but he's certainly a better fit for that team as it is currently assembled thana guy like Avery would have been.

If you had all your facts straight and I didn't feel like you were coming off as whiny, but you felt like I was rude, I would have a problem with the way I handled things.

But that's not the case.
Whiny? I was annoyed, but nowhere near whiny.

So, essentially, someone's view of how you handle things is wrong if you don't agree with their points.

At what point did you begin to stringently equate your lofty opinion as fact?

Apparently, humility is lost on you.

I mentioned three things; you just responded about one.

Apparently, thoroughness is not one of your strong points.

I said that I would have a problem with myself if...
... you had all your facts straight.

So let's look at those 3 things.
... you felt that I was rude. (check)
... you had all your facts straight. (NOPE!)
... I didn't feel like you were coming off as whiny. (NOPE!)

So let's take away the third one; let's assume that I didn't think you were whiny. Do that, and we're still left with you feeling like I wasrude, and you bringing up a problem without having all of the facts of that problem in order.

You want to be taken seriously in bringing up a problem without having all of your facts in order concerning the problem? Go bring your grievance to someoneelse, then. I treat seriously those that present themselves seriously. And not even ATTEMPTING to have your facts in order is not presenting yourselfseriously.

Reply to THAT.

Because that has nothing to do with whether or not I thought you were whiny. But I'll address that with this: my opinion that you were whiny is as valid asyour opinion that I was rude. I'm expected to accept your feeling that I was rude, but you're not accepting my opinion that you were whiny.Something's not right about that.

But take away your opinion that I was rude and take away my opinion that you were whiny, and what do we have?

... you had all your facts straight. (NOPE!)

You not having your facts straight, and barely even attempting to do so.

wink.gif

wow,
smh.gif
at this back and forth about nothing

anyway, Collins to Chicago ?

i dont see how that makes that team take the next step, If it was me I would rather just go with someone fresh

Back
Top Bottom