Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^I'm gonna say Wally and Damon Jones for Redd. Joe Smith played wonderful for us throughout the season and playoffs, and is a very very decent big we need. If we get rid of Joe that puts Dwayne Jones on the floor........and that's worse to watch than Mike Brown drawing up a play on Offense.

roll.gif
, way to undervalue Michael Redd. I don't care if Wally had a 20M expiring contract, that's also a contract you'll have to live with the entire season compared to at the trade deadline of next year. The Bucks are looking towards young talent, and they're tired of waiting around. If they get rid of Michael Redd, it won't be for a second AND third string SG. Wally is no longer a starter. You can throw however many first rounders you want in there (and to be honest, first rounders are very valuable), but Wally+Jones won't get it done. You aren't the LA Lakers I'm sorry to say. I know, I know, the Lakers got Pau, but that's with a little help from their friend up in the office Stern.
laugh.gif
, or God, one of the two. But back on topic, I can't see any player the Bucks would want off the Cavs roster, they literally have a box of random players. They don't need a PG, nor a back-up. If they trade Redd, they need to draft a SG and get a back-up (okay, Wally, but they'd go after Boobie). SF they have Desmond Mason, could upgrade, but for who on the Cavs roster? LeBron? PF they have Yi, who've they've invested in. C they have Bogut, and although Big Z is better, not for long. Bogut is developing into what some thought he'd be.

Boobie+Varejao+Sasha+Snow (for salary reasons)+1st rounder for Redd+Bell.

A deal like that is only thing I could see happening where the Cavs get Redd, he's still valuable.

I guess I did undervalue him a bit, I just quick replied with a salary cap that would match. But, you don't know the situation in the locker room (I'm not saying I do). I mean really, Redd could really really want out of MIL and we'd never know it, and they'd of course say otherwise. At the same time you're ignoring what I said about our bigs, Joe Smith is extremely valuable to us at this point, and I highly highly doubt we get rid of him. Even for Redd. Like I said I see where you're coming from and I responded simply based upon salary matchups, but you've gotta see our point of view regarding the bigs.

And Boobie is a FA, so it'd have to be a sign-and-trade, are you allowed to package players in that situation? And you're undervaluing all of our players' salaries in what you came up with. I'm almost positive AV, Snow and Sasha are all getting around 6.5, coupled with Boobie likely to get around 4-6 this season and the draft picks and you're already over. What's Bell's contract like?

The Hawks have reached an agreement with former Seattle general manager Rick Sund, who will be announced Wednesday afternoon as the team's new general manager. The hiring of Sund, 56, wraps up a nearly four-week hiring process the Hawks kept under wraps. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Everyone is buzzing about point guards. Yes, Derrick Rose, Bayless and O.J. Mayo are a big part of the conversation. But two veteran point guards were also the topic of discussion: Kirk Hinrich and T.J. Ford. With most executives convinced that the Bulls will draft Rose, they are already waiting for Hinrich to pack his bags. Hinrich is coming off his worst year as a pro, averaging just 11.5 points on 41 percent shooting. ESPN.com

Unfortunately for the Bulls, he's also just starting a big contract. Hinrich still has four years and $37.5 million left on his deal. The good news is that Hinrich's contract number actually goes down each year. Next year he's due $10.2 million. By 2011, he's only due $8.25 million. ESPN.com

T.J. Ford is the other guy generating some buzz. The Raptors have a logjam at the point and Jose Calderon is heading into restricted free agency. A team source said the Raptors would definitely match any offer for Calderon. ESPN.com

A source told Insider on Tuesday evening that Ford's health hasn't been a major issue. He's essentially as healthy today as he was when he was drafted. ESPN.com

The Memphis Grizzlies apparently offered Mike Miller to Portland for Travis Outlaw and the No. 13. Excuse me? As expected, Kevin Pritchard and the Blazers respectfully declined the offer. It's going to take a little bit more than an aging shooter to pry away one of the Blazers' most improving players and a lottery pick. Oregonian

For those in the 'Jose Calderon to Portland' camp, it's not going to happen. Apparently, Brian Colangelo and the Raptors have put the "untouchable" tag on Calderon. The dilemma for the Raps would be trying to unload TJ Ford and his rather large contract. Apparently, Ford is drawing some interest from other teams. Oregonian

Wheels also mentioned more than one prominent Blazers player (Brandon Roy? LaMarcus Aldridge?) personally asking management to bring Outlaw back next season. That's chemistry. And a far cry from asking management to move Zach Randolph, as was the case last season. Oregonian

Shaq will play in Phoenix for the next two years. He won't retire before his contract expires because he'd be surrendering whatever money was left on his deal -- $40 million over the next two years. The chances of him being traded are slimmer than Nicole Ritchie because his production is down and his salary is monstrous. ESPN.com

Gregg Popovich also said before the game that he has indeed signed a contract extension that will keep him coaching the Spurs through the 2011-12 season, which is the same year Duncan's contract expires. The signature merely formalized a handshake agreement Popovich already had with Spurs owner Peter Holt. ESPN.com

The Memphis Grizzlies apparently offered Mike Miller to Portland for Travis Outlaw and the No. 13.

WOW. Ballsy offer from the Grizzlies.

With most executives convinced that the Bulls will draft Rose, they are already waiting for Hinrich to pack his bags.

Man, who gets this guy? He's definitely a starter in this League.

I personally don't see how TJ Ford has more interest from teams than Calderon. Mind boggling.

Wow Chris Wallace (grizz gm) is a clown if that's true. I would have laughed at Miller for Outlaw if i was them, but he wanted their pick too?? Wow.

Oh trust me, I know how well Joe Smith has played for you guys. That's why I excluded him out of the deal. It was more-so to pinpoint the fact that Wallyworld and Joe probably wouldn't cut it. I didn't mean any disrespect to you though; I'm sure you know much more about the Cavaliers than I do. Thesalary between Bell+Redd is almost 20 million, but Bell's contract is through 11/12. I just don't think that salary dumping one player and gaining JoeSmith (however valuable, the Bucks WANT and NEED Yi to bring in fans, and him coming off the bench won't cut it, thus why they're getting rid ofCharlie V, or at least shopping him). Snow+AV is already 13 million, then Sasha is about 4.5M next year, that totals 17.5, 2.5 million short. Depending on howmuch Boobie would be signed for, it could happen. There'd need to be another filler if not Boobie, but it's rough matching salaries together. Let'sface it though, Snow is from what I see the dude sitting in a suit at the end of the bench. Sasha isn't a starter in your current rotation, and neither isAV. With this trade you'd still have Delonte, Redd, LeBron, Smith, and Z, and still have a decent bench with Wally, draft picks, Bell, possibly Boobie, BigBen.

I'm not saying that this is a great deal for the Cavaliers, if you look at all the other blockbusters last year, other than the Pau deal, it turned outsour. Dallas got an aging Kidd, a prospect, and gave up two first rounders and a great DEVELOPING PG. The Suns lost their longest tenured player, the mostversatile player in the League next to LeBron, and got a headache in Shaq that not only ruins salary hopes, but also ruins their offense and thus SteveNash's effectiveness.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Wow Chris Wallace (grizz gm) is a clown if that's true. I would have laughed at Miller for Outlaw if i was them, but he wanted their pick too?? Wow.
I am going to love watching this Blazers team next year. Oden, LaMarcus, Roy, Outlaw, Webster, FERNANDEZ
pimp.gif
, Jack, and then they have the #13pick.

This guy trades Gasol for a pack of packing peanuts and wants to trade Mike Miller for a solid young up and coming player ad a lottery pick. #%! is this guysmoking.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Oh trust me, I know how well Joe Smith has played for you guys. That's why I excluded him out of the deal. It was more-so to pinpoint the fact that Wally world and Joe probably wouldn't cut it. I didn't mean any disrespect to you though; I'm sure you know much more about the Cavaliers than I do. The salary between Bell+Redd is almost 20 million, but Bell's contract is through 11/12. I just don't think that salary dumping one player and gaining Joe Smith (however valuable, the Bucks WANT and NEED Yi to bring in fans, and him coming off the bench won't cut it, thus why they're getting rid of Charlie V, or at least shopping him). Snow+AV is already 13 million, then Sasha is about 4.5M next year, that totals 17.5, 2.5 million short. Depending on how much Boobie would be signed for, it could happen. There'd need to be another filler if not Boobie, but it's rough matching salaries together. Let's face it though, Snow is from what I see the dude sitting in a suit at the end of the bench. Sasha isn't a starter in your current rotation, and neither is AV. With this trade you'd still have Delonte, Redd, LeBron, Smith, and Z, and still have a decent bench with Wally, draft picks, Bell, possibly Boobie, Big Ben.

I'm not saying that this is a great deal for the Cavaliers, if you look at all the other blockbusters last year, other than the Pau deal, it turned out sour. Dallas got an aging Kidd, a prospect, and gave up two first rounders and a great DEVELOPING PG. The Suns lost their longest tenured player, the most versatile player in the League next to LeBron, and got a headache in Shaq that not only ruins salary hopes, but also ruins their offense and thus Steve Nash's effectiveness.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I am going to love watching this Blazers team next year. Oden, LaMarcus, Roy, Outlaw, Webster, FERNANDEZ
pimp.gif
, Jack, and then they have the #13 pick.

i smell trouble. one of those players is gonna want out soon... not enough touches for all those good young players...

I personally don't see how TJ Ford has more interest from teams than Calderon. Mind boggling.
It's because Colangelo has said 100 times that Calderon is resigning with the club. Why would other teams make offers for Calderon when theyknow the Raptors dont want to trade him?

I think Ford can make a handful of teams in the NBA much better. If we got a young SF in return or a draft pick around 10-13, I'd trade him.

I'd trade Ford for Outlaw, however it seems like the Blazers only want Calderon.

Oh trust me, I know how well Joe Smith has played for you guys. That's why I excluded him out of the deal. It was more-so to pinpoint the fact that Wally world and Joe probably wouldn't cut it. I didn't mean any disrespect to you though; I'm sure you know much more about the Cavaliers than I do. The salary between Bell+Redd is almost 20 million, but Bell's contract is through 11/12. I just don't think that salary dumping one player and gaining Joe Smith (however valuable, the Bucks WANT and NEED Yi to bring in fans, and him coming off the bench won't cut it, thus why they're getting rid of Charlie V, or at least shopping him). Snow+AV is already 13 million, then Sasha is about 4.5M next year, that totals 17.5, 2.5 million short. Depending on how much Boobie would be signed for, it could happen. There'd need to be another filler if not Boobie, but it's rough matching salaries together. Let's face it though, Snow is from what I see the dude sitting in a suit at the end of the bench. Sasha isn't a starter in your current rotation, and neither is AV. With this trade you'd still have Delonte, Redd, LeBron, Smith, and Z, and still have a decent bench with Wally, draft picks, Bell, possibly Boobie, Big Ben.

I'm not saying that this is a great deal for the Cavaliers, if you look at all the other blockbusters last year, other than the Pau deal, it turned out sour. Dallas got an aging Kidd, a prospect, and gave up two first rounders and a great DEVELOPING PG. The Suns lost their longest tenured player, the most versatile player in the League next to LeBron, and got a headache in Shaq that not only ruins salary hopes, but also ruins their offense and thus Steve Nash's effectiveness.
I got you man, no disrespect taken at all. For the record, Snow was supposed to meet with the Bulls last week about a coaching position....mightnot be playing next year.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

It's because Colangelo has said 100 times that Calderon is resigning with the club. Why would other teams make offers for Calderon when they know the Raptors dont want to trade him?

I think Ford can make a handful of teams in the NBA much better. If we got a young SF in return or a draft pick around 10-13, I'd trade him.

I'd trade Ford for Outlaw, however it seems like the Blazers only want Calderon.

Word, I kept laughing at dudes who kept pushing Calderon trade sentiments.

Portland needs their lottery pick probably less than any other team but Pritch aint givin it away that easy. I too have had concerns about having too manywings on the roster that are all capable of starting and flourishing as well . . Fernandez is gonna be nasty and Webster and Outlaw are ready to explode nextseason, BUT . . since acquiring Calderon seems out of the question at this point I wouldn't be surprised if management decides to slide BRoy over toPG(which he plays in every pressure situation anyway) and use Fernandez, Outlaw and Webster at the 2 and 3 with Outlaw likely being the 6th man. Sounds good tome. Either way it's hard to really worry about what management does because I can't really think of one even remotely bad move our GM has made sincehe's had that title . . .

Portland will have at least 2 new players this year who will have an immediate impact, Fernandez and Oden. Whether the Blazers get a player like Love, Jordan,Arthur, Greene, or Westbrook, it'll be interesting if they keep him or package some of these players for a star. They are very flexible.

^I'm gonna say Wally and Damon Jones for Redd. Joe Smith played wonderful for us throughout the season and playoffs, and is a very very decent big we need. If we get rid of Joe that puts Dwayne Jones on the floor........and that's worse to watch than Mike Brown drawing up a play on Offense.

roll.gif
, way to undervalue Michael Redd. I don't care if Wally had a 20M expiring contract, that's also a contract you'll have to live with the entire season compared to at the trade deadline of next year. The Bucks are looking towards young talent, and they're tired of waiting around. If they get rid of Michael Redd, it won't be for a second AND third string SG. Wally is no longer a starter. You can throw however many first rounders you want in there (and to be honest, first rounders are very valuable), but Wally+Jones won't get it done. You aren't the LA Lakers I'm sorry to say. I know, I know, the Lakers got Pau, but that's with a little help from their friend up in the office Stern.
laugh.gif
, or God, one of the two. But back on topic, I can't see any player the Bucks would want off the Cavs roster, they literally have a box of random players. They don't need a PG, nor a back-up. If they trade Redd, they need to draft a SG and get a back-up (okay, Wally, but they'd go after Boobie). SF they have Desmond Mason, could upgrade, but for who on the Cavs roster? LeBron? PF they have Yi, who've they've invested in. C they have Bogut, and although Big Z is better, not for long. Bogut is developing into what some thought he'd be.

Boobie+Varejao+Sasha+Snow (for salary reasons)+1st rounder for Redd+Bell.

A deal like that is only thing I could see happening where the Cavs get Redd, he's still valuable.
Joe smith is solid and all but your crazy to think they won't trade him in a second to get a player like Redd. You already have AV, Ben, and Z,which is just as good if not better than alot of the frontcourts in the league. If Im the cavs I take that deal for whoever they want not named Lebron Jamesand Big Z and run. They need another star along with lebron, and I think Redd would be a great fit. As for your question about Gibson, yes you can do a signand trade with players.

Michael Redd is NOT what LeBron needs.
Why not? I think it would be a good fit for the Cavs. You get a double on 'Bron, you got Redd in the corner with that
smokin.gif
3. A shooter inRedd in the Cavs backcourt would help out, imo. I was surprised it didn't get done last summer.

Why not? I think it would be a good fit for the Cavs. You get a double on 'Bron, you got Redd in the corner with that
smokin.gif
3. A shooter inRedd in the Cavs backcourt would help out, imo. I was surprised it didn't get done last summer.

If I'm a Cavs fan, the most promising thing I have read in the lst few pages was reading that the Cavs are showing a lot of interest in Brand.

That's your boy, right there; a solid big to either hit midrange jumpers if LeBron slashes and the defense stays homes or make the right pass out of adouble team.

Injuries, though.
nerd.gif

The last thing Cleveland needs is someone that can't do anything but shoot jumpers with a bloated contract for the next 3 or 4 years...

If I'm a Cavs fan, the thought of wasting my cap flexibility for the rest of LeBron's current contract makes me want to vomit... If you're going touse those expiring deals through trade, use them to get involved on a game changer. Not Michael Redd...

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

smokin.gif
3. A shooter in Redd in the Cavs backcourt would help out, imo. I was surprised it didn't get done last summer.
Michael Redd might not be who Lebron needs, but he is the best option available for the cavs to try and get. Lebron needs a legit 2nd option as I thinkthe other players on the Cavs are too inconsistent or are just not up to par with the other elite teams in terms of great 2nd options. Look at the lakers, theygot Pau. Celtics have the big three, spurs have duncan and Manu, all the great teams have a couple of stars which the cavs don't have. Also, what otherteam would deal a player of Redd's calibur or better for Wally, sasha, boobie, or whoever else they want to throw in?

Back
Top Bottom