Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

lol Ska, break it down! Anyways, NT shouldn't be taken so seriously..

That said, Collins
smh.gif

With that roster and the #1 pick.. Mike D'Antoni would've been the perfect coach.. But instead, Doug Collins.. What a shame.. I wonder how many Bullsplayers have gone "*%*?!?!" since this news broke..

Banks, man, I tried to help you out bro. Ska got that vocab on lock, don't be on the dirty end of it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I mentioned three things; you just responded about one.

Apparently, thoroughness is not one of your strong points.

I said that I would have a problem with myself if...
... you felt that I was rude.
... you had all your facts straight.
... I didn't feel like you were coming off as whiny.

So let's look at those 3 things.
... you felt that I was rude. (check)
... you had all your facts straight. (NOPE!)
... I didn't feel like you were coming off as whiny. (NOPE!)

So let's take away the third one; let's assume that I didn't think you were whiny. Do that, and we're still left with you feeling like I was rude, and you bringing up a problem without having all of the facts of that problem in order.

You want to be taken seriously in bringing up a problem without having all of your facts in order concerning the problem? Go bring your grievance to someone else, then. I treat seriously those that present themselves seriously. And not even ATTEMPTING to have your facts in order is not presenting yourself seriously.

Reply to THAT.

Because that has nothing to do with whether or not I thought you were whiny. But I'll address that with this: my opinion that you were whiny is as valid as your opinion that I was rude. I'm expected to accept your feeling that I was rude, but you're not accepting my opinion that you were whiny. Something's not right about that.

But take away your opinion that I was rude and take away my opinion that you were whiny, and what do we have?

... you felt that I was rude.
... you had all your facts straight. (NOPE!)
... I didn't feel like you were coming off as whiny.

You not having your facts straight, and barely even attempting to do so.

wink.gif
For clarity, my response will be concise.

I originally made 2 oversights:

1.) Not seeing the Collins thread on pg. 2. Easy enough to do, but done, nevertheless.
2.) Assuming my thread was locked because of the official "News" post, which wasn't the post in question anyway.

Ok, I own those missteps and haven't a problem doing so.

You have the right to behave however you wish, right or wrong, as anyone else. What I don't get, Ska, is the down-talking. The purposefulmean-spiritedness with which you address not only myself but others from time to time. Really, bro, I'm all for presenting points and counterpoints butthose aren't nearly as important as remaining amiable with everyone as much as is possible. Are you interested in getting along with people or being"right"? And that's a genuine question.

Please take this with all due common respect, but what throne do you sit on to handle people the way you do?

As I've stated previously, I respect you and what you do for NT. You're one of the better members here from what I've seen both as an observer andas a member over a good 7 years or so.

My goal is to contribute to NT anything of value that I can, and to treat every single member with kindness and respect. I will continue to do so.

If you're going to accuse me of talking you down, you're going to need to show me where I verbally put you down.

Need some examples?

'Oh my gosh, you're such a freaking idiot' = putting someone down
'Are you ******ed? There's a thread on page 2' = putting someone down
'As soon as you get out of kindergarten, you'll see what I'm talking about' = putting someone down
'Log out of life. Or post in the thread on page 2.' = putting someone down
'Until you learn to read, stop posting' = putting someone down

See? The person being talked to is being directly insulted.

So in that first response I made to you, where did I put you down? Where did I talk you down?

I was sarcastic, not insulting.

smh.gif
@ taking me away from this game

I didn't say you made overt comments. I said down-talking. As in talking down to someone. As in attempting to belittle someone with short, sarcasticcomments.
Heaven forbid you actually read why your post was locked.

Apparently, thoroughness is not one of your strong points.

Here's 2 examples that stick out. You're telling me that no one could reasonably see these comments as talking down to someone? Or beingrude?

I don't know you from Adam but I'd never address you that way. What good would it do? At most, it ticks the other person off. You talk of beingtaken seriously; who's going to take you seriously with that nonsensical commentary.

Take you away from the Lakers game? I didn't put your fingers to the keyboard to respond. Nice one.

I've tried with you on this. I've stated my thoughts and this is not a big deal to me. Look, of course, you can choose to look at this anyway youwish. I don't begrudge you that. Simply saying "No problem. It's cool" goes along way.

On a side note: Spurs are GONE! Thank you, Lakers.

Nah, guy.

Stay on track. Stop jumping around.

That second line came after you disrespectfully said that humility is lost with me.

I asked you... and now I'm asking a second time... in that first response I made to you, where did I put you down? Where did I talk you down?

"Heaven forbid you actually read why your post was locked" is the best you've got from that first reply I made to you?

You want sentences. I'm talking about tone, which covers virtually all of your response(s). Remember your "I think you were rude. I thought you werewhiny." comparison? What I've been talking about is in that category. Opinion, yes, but it's not as though I went out on a huge limb looking forsomething to argue about. I genuinely felt, and feel, that that should've been addressed.

Please. "Stay on track. Stop jumping around." ?

Really. Who do you think you are? No disrespect, either.

I'm not being lured into your game of parsing minutae, so when the other person doesn't prove or disprove things that you have decided upon you"win". I've seen this tact from you before.

All of this has amounted to a fat lot of nothing. I'm going to take a positive step forward and just forget the whole thing, k? Seriously, no hard feelingson my end. Look forward to seeing you in S&T.

This back and forth is so feminine...who's going to be the bigger man here and not respond?

All of this has amounted to a fat lot of nothing. I'm going to take a positive step forward and just forget the whole thing, k? Seriously, no hard feelings on my end. Look forward to seeing you in S&T.
InMyMind, you did see this, right?

Do you think sarcasm is disrespectful?

Please answer just yes or no so we can make this really, really quick.

If you ask me 'Do you know how to get to that KFC on the other side of the bridge?' and I answer 'No. I've only lived in this city my wholelife, but I don't have any idea how to get to the KFC on the other side of the bridge, less than 2 miles away,' would you say that that wasdisrespectful or insulting?

Is sarcasm disrespectful?

Please, PLEASE just answer 'Yes' or 'No'.

'Yes, I consider sarcasm disrespectful.'
'No, sarcasm is not disrespectful.'

One of those, please.

Burns1923:
All of this has amounted to a fat lot of nothing. I'm going to take a positive step forward and just forget the whole thing, k? Seriously, no hard feelings on my end. Look forward to seeing you in S&T.
So after saying that humility is lost with me, accusing me of being rude, asking why I feel the need to talk down to people, and suggesting that Ifeel empowered and that I sit on some throne, you're going to try and play the good guy role, taking the high road?

That's about as noble as slugging someone in the throat, kicking them in the nuts, clapping their ears, and roundhousing their feet, then when someonecomes to break things up (like InMyMind), you go "Nah, man... I don't want any trouble. I'm good. Howabout we shake hands.
happy.gif
K?"

Yes, it is.

Not every single time but generally it is disrespectful more than it isn't disrespectful.

I don't have to try to play the good guy. I made a choice to just forget the whole thing, and while InMyMind isn't a part of this particulardiscussion, I decided to bring to his attention the fact that I have ended my involvement in it.

You still don't want to say "No big deal" huh? Look, I don't care about being right or wrong in this. It's my goal to disagree withoutbeing disagreeable, and to be cool with everyone here, yourself included.

It's my goal to disagree without being disagreeable
Then don't be disagreeable.

Your very first reply about having your thread locked was disagreeable.

Saying that humility is lost with me was disagreeable.

Accusing me of being rude was disagreeable.

Asking why I feel the need to talk down to people was disagreeable.

Suggesting that I feel empowered and that I sit on some throne was disagreeable.

If you don't want to be disagreeable, then you're focused on making sure you're not being disagreeable. And saying 'Well you had a certaintone, and that's why I was disagreeable' is not consistent with someone who wants to disagree without being disagreeable.

I don't have a problem at all with saying 'No big deal', but from your first reply to me in this thread about your locked thread, you have actedlike something was a big deal. First, it was a big deal that your thread was locked, then it was a big deal that I was what you call rude and what I callsarcastic. So something was certainly a big deal to you, and has been this entire time.

Be that as it may, you answered my question about sarcasm; you consider sarcasm disrespectful. Cool.

Then I apologize for coming off as disrespectful. Most people can separate sarcasm from disrespect, so when someone is sarcastic to someone they don'tknow, they're assuming that the person does not consider sarcasm disrespectful. That was an incorrect assumption about you, so I shouldn't have beensarcastic, not without knowing that you know how to separate the two.

I don't have a problem at all with saying 'No big deal', but from your first reply in this thread to me about your locked thread, you have acted like something was a big deal.
Well, technically, my first post in this thread wasn't directed toward anyone. And I certainly didn't intend for it to come across thatway. I made that first post under the impression that all new news had to be posted in here. And I, thinking I was helping by posting the news, not knowingabout the first Collins thread, and with the thought in mind that not everything should be contracted into one thread or another, took against my thread beinglocked. Sure, now I can look back and see that I got annoyed for no reason, but I did what I did based on what I knew at the time. So there's my openingcontribution to all of this.

As far as sarcasm, I have a lot of writing experience and understand how that often can look as though it's condescending, etc. It's one of those greyareas with the written word.

I am sorry for my part in this; for anything I wrote that may have escalated it as well. Wish the whole thing never took place.

NT is a really fun, rewarding place for me and I enjoy it. So, again, I don't have any hard feelings toward you, Ska, and while I'm not sure the terme-friends applies here (
laugh.gif
), I'd just like to return to a high levelof mutual respect. You bring a lot to S&T in particular so I look forward to good input in this forum in the future.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

so the heat might pick mayo huh?

cool.

laugh.gif
yeah nice to get away from all the squabbles

Hoping this happens...and if it does I'm hoping the Wolves can take Beasley if McHale doesn't !%++ it up and try to get Kevin Love

If the Wolves actually take Kevin Love...

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
(of course, with the 3rd pick)

if they really want him that badly, they can get some value for the 3rd pick. there's definitely teams out there that aren't in the position, thatwould love to get someone like Mayo/Bayless/Lopez. they can definitely trade down for Love.

I think it would be stupid for the Heat to take Mayo.

In my opinion, the Bulls most sensible pick is Beasley, and then the Heat's most sensible pick would be Rose. If Beasley isn't taken at #1, then theirmost sensible pick would be him.

One thing I'm wondering about the draft is:

since when did Mayo become a top 3 pick?

Lottery pick, fine. But I don't remember anyone putting this guy all the way up in the top 3.

The Bulls should probably take Beasley and trade Noah if anyone's interested enough.

Keep Tyrus, and get Deng and Gordon back on the same page. Hopefully Doug can get them back in the mix.

This season was a shocking bust.

We should change the title from:

Official NBA offseason News and Rumors Thread *Doug Collins to Bulls, Heat may take mayo* PG.31

to

NBA Offseason News & Rumors Thread: Doug Collins to Bulls, Heat may take Mayo Post #753; Ignore posts #757-791

I believe the NBA would be better off had the Bulls given a current assistant head coach the job, but Collins should do fine. It's not like the Bulls haveany players that have to be appeased or a lot young guys that need to be taught the basics. That team just needs guidance and a star.

Unless something changes after the workouts, Beasley and Rose are locks for the first two picks. Riley isn't stupid. He wouldn't allow a team pickingafter him to get better value in their pick by passing on Beasley. I have to believe that if he winds up with Mayo, it'll be because the Bulls drafted Roseand Miami traded down to pick Mayo.

since when did Mayo become a top 3 pick?
From what I've read and heard, he's rated highly because he's viewed as the most NBA ready guard and there are a lot of teams at the top that need a guard.

Did you hear Wade's interview at the Draft Lottery? I believe I remember him describing the player he'd like to see drafted and it seemed like he wants a guard. Maybe Riley is on the same page. If they pass on Beasley, then it obviously means that they have confidence that Haslem can hold down the 4 spot.

The Bulls should probably take Beasley and trade Noah if anyone's interested enough.

Noah's listed at 6-11. Thomas is 6-8 and Beasley is 6-9.

Considering that Aaron Gray and Drew Gooden are the only other players 6-10 or taller, I highly doubt they'll trade Noah. Add that Noah is on a rookiecontract and probably doesn't have enough value to get a good player in return and you'll see that he won't be leaving the Bulls anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom