Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

I don't think we even gave up a first for Baron. It was Speedy Claxton+Dale Davis for Baron
laugh.gif

The Pistons should keep their starting 5 for 2 more seasons. Rasheed & McDyess can still play at the top of their game in the next 2 years. They will bothturn 34 this September. Lindsay Hunter will probably become an assistant coach next season and Dixon will take his spot. I don't know what's theirplans for Cheik Samb. Hermann & Ratliff will probably not coming back and will be replaced by the 2 rookies they draft this year.

Amir is going to be a good NBA player. He along with Stuckey and the young group on the bench will be a good young team. Give them another year of working allseason with the Pistons starting five and it will be good for everybody. Don't break the team up just give it one last year.

On a side note I told everybody last year that Stuckey was going to be a problem and ever was like you crazy now look.

Various news/rumors/ideas..
With the Heat eager to clear big 2009 salary-cap space to add another elite player, one logical scenario -- if the Bulls pass up on Derrick Rose -- would be drafting Rose at No. 2 (Miami's hope) and pursuing potential free agent power forwards Carlos Boozer or Elton Brand in the summer of 2009. But if Miami drafts and keeps power forward Michael Beasley, Pat Riley faces harder decisions. Miami Herald

So if the Heat drafts and keeps Beasley, what about playing Beasley (6-9) alongside Boozer (6-
glasses.gif
or Brand (6-
glasses.gif
? One rival executive said that could work. But, ''it wouldn't be an ideal situation,'' ESPN analyst-former college coach Fran Fraschilla said. ''It would be duplicating each other in some ways.'' Beasley said he can play small forward, but ESPN's Jay Bilas said it would be a ''tougher challenge'' defensively, and Fraschilla said that's realistic only ``in bits and pieces.'' Miami Herald

Unless Miami gets Rose or ends up with O.J. Mayo and makes him a point guard, the Heat likely will need to address point guard via trade. In addition to Toronto's T.J. Ford, one NBA person said the Heat also has indicated it likes Chicago's Kirk Hinrich. Miami Herald

Mark Jackson was notified by Steve Kerr the Suns plan to hire someone with NBA coaching experience. This from the team's top personnel executive who had no front office experience when hired last summer. NY Post

"Big Shot Rob" might be done breaking hearts. San Antonio Spurs forward Robert Horry said Saturday he's considering stepping away from the game after winning seven NBA championships in a 16-season career. "Right now I'm up in the air," Horry said. "That's all I can really tell you, up in the air. I want to play, 80 percent of me wants to play and I'm sure as soon as I get in the gym and see people bouncing the ball it would turn into 100 percent. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens." AP/Charlotte Observer

In a radio interview Thursday, Indiana All-Star power forward Jermaine O'Neal dropped somewhat of a bombshell regarding his future with the Pacers. "I really believe if it comes down to them totally rebuilding, I believe that they will move me," O'Neal told "The Monty Show" on Sporting News Radio. "That's pretty much the consensus thought I got from the ownership and management before I left Indianapolis. I don't think it's going to come down to a situation where we've got to go back and forth, back and forth, for me to be moved on, because they've just totally (overhauled) the team. I think if they're going to (overhaul) the team, then they will move me, and move me to another team that has a chance of winning a championship." Contra Costa Times

In the last three years, no one has been more active on draft day than the Trail Blazers. And, not to jinx anything here, but Portland's executive staff, led by Kevin Pritchard, has had the Midas touch. As things stand right now, the Blazers will enter the draft holding picks number 13, 33, 36, and 55. I don't expect the team to actually draft four players, and there's always a market for second-round picks. Obviously, Pritchard has the one thing he always desires going into a draft, and that's flexibility. Now then, let the poking, prodding, and testing begin. The Orlando pre-draft camp has finished, and now teams will have the opportunity to invite players for personal workouts. These will be much more detailed than what the execs learned in Orlando. At that pre-draft camp, it was more about basic testing. Now, teams can look to cap off what they already know about the various prospects. MikeBarrettsBlog
Pistons rumors/news/ ideas

Flip Saunders is owed $5 million for next season and undoubtedly will be picked up with the rest of the recyclables before the week is out by one of the NBA's any environmentally-obsessed teams. Why aren't back-to-back-toback Final Four flushes enough to please and appease management? Last I looked, top executive Joe Dumars and owner Bill Davidson didn't attain Hall of Fame status by settling for less than a championship. NY Post

On the "flip side," assistant Michael Curry - not Terry Porter, a leading candidate for the Suns' vacancy, or Dave Cowens - is certain to succeed Saunders. The former Pistons guard, union president and league official was a Dumars appointment last summer. Clearly, Curry was placed in position to inherit management's enduring grand expectations (that cannot be realized unless a relatively young, established big man is imported) should its objective prove unattainable. NY Post

Let me say, up front, that I don't think it's fair to blame the Pistons' loss to the Celtics on Flip Saunders. He did a very good coaching job for most of the postseason. He did not cling to his starters as much as he did in the past. The Pistons lost to a 66-win Celtics team in six games, with their point guard fighting a hamstring injury. You can't pin it all on the coach. And yet, pro sports are not really about what you deserve. Most players don't "deserve" to be traded. Teams trade them to win more. Coaches are no different. The question that will be asked often in coming days is simple: Should Joe Dumars fire Saunders? But the situation is more complicated than that. Detroit Free Press

If Saunders returns without an extension, he is virtually forced to do what Dumars asks. If -- hypothetically -- Dumars wants Rodney Stuckey to play 30-plus minutes a game and Amir Johnson to play 20, Saunders pretty much has to comply or get fired. But does Saunders want to coach under those conditions? Does he really want to coach Rasheed Wallace & Friends as a lame duck? Detroit Free Press

The key to the 2009 season -- and, really, the 10 seasons after that -- is Rodney Stuckey.
I don't think people fully understand how good he can be, and how soon. "The sky is the limit for that kid," Pistons guard Lindsey Hunter said. "Once he gets his feet planted fully, there's not many people who can do what this kid can do. He has such incredible upside. Physically, you look at Deron Williams and those types of guys, and he possesses some things that those guys don't possess." Detroit Free Press

It's time to move Rip Hamilton. He has the highest trade value of the veterans. He's only 30, a two-time All-Star with one of the NBA's better midrange offensive games, and he has a trade-friendly contract -- two more years at $21 million total. Chicago might be a willing suitor. The Bulls have the first pick in this month's draft, but they need an experienced championship-tested scorer. Might they be willing to part with Luol Deng and Ben Gordon -- neither has agreed to a contract extension -- for Hamilton? Detroit Free Press

Rodney Stuckey might be ready for the starting lineup as early as Day 1 next season. And Jason Maxiell acquitted himself quite nicely near the end of the Celtics' series after struggling early. Detroit Free Press

Rasheed Wallace is in final year of his deal. The Pistons could trade him, but he arguably is their most talented and dominant player when he wants to be.
Plus, it's not a slam dunk that the Pistons could get enough in return for a versatile big man of his caliber. Detroit Free Press

The Pistons could ship out one of their other key pieces, too, although dealing Chauncey Billups or Tayshaun Prince, who have three years left on their contracts, could be difficult. Richard Hamilton has two years remaining.
Detroit Free Press

As for the coach, Flip Saunders has one year on his deal, but he could be fired by Dumars and replaced by assistant coach Michael Curry. No announcement had been made Saturday evening, but Billups said he's not ready to pin all of the team's problems on Saunders. "I think he probably did get too much of the blame," Billups said. "Every time we lose in the playoffs, they start pointing fingers everywhere. He's usually the first guy they point at. That's probably not fair, but that's the seat you sit in." Detroit Free Press

Antonio McDyess and Richard Hamilton have two more seasons, although the second year for Hamilton is a player option. McDyess didn't dismiss the idea of retiring when it was brought up after Game 6, but he also admitted that it likely was his postgame emotions talking. "It's just a thought," McDyess said. "This has been four years in a row. I don't want to be no ring chaser. ... Right now, I'm thinking the worst." Detroit Free Press

Forward Rasheed Wallace, the only player who wasn't at Saturday's informal locker cleanout, is in the final year of his deal, and expiring contracts are coveted by teams looking to rebuild and get under the salary cap. The question is whether the Pistons can get enough talent in return for Wallace and whether they want to take on a long-term deal. If Wallace stays, the Pistons will get cap relief next summer. The Pistons, of course, also could wait to deal him until the trading deadline. Detroit Free Press

It's time to move Rip Hamilton. He has the highest trade value of the veterans. He's only 30, a two-time All-Star with one of the NBA's better midrange offensive games, and he has a trade-friendly contract -- two more years at $21 million total. Chicago might be a willing suitor. The Bulls have the first pick in this month's draft, but they need an experienced championship-tested scorer. Might they be willing to part with Luol Deng and Ben Gordon -- neither has agreed to a contract extension -- for Hamilton? Detroit Free Press
Luol Deng and BG for Rip........must be out yo damn mind....

Originally Posted by aRog27

roll.gif
Seriously, rip is not THAT good.

laugh.gif
at that trade. I wouldn't trade either Deng or Gordon for rip despite both guys having semi-pedestrian seasons, I think there's a chance RH mightstart slipping the way most 30 year old + SG's usually do.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by only 2three

roll.gif

if Paxson made that deal I would personally drive to Chicago and put a beat down on him

thanks for that update

Rip would be a good addition to the Bulls but giving up Deng and Gordon is too much. Bulls need to dump Hughes and try moving Hinrich.

The key to the 2009 season -- and, really, the 10 seasons after that -- is Rodney Stuckey. I don't think people fully understand how good he can be, and how soon. "The sky is the limit for that kid," Pistons guard Lindsey Hunter said. "Once he gets his feet planted fully, there's not many people who can do what this kid can do. He has such incredible upside. Physically, you look at Deron Williams and those types of guys, and he possesses some things that those guys don't possess." Detroit Free Press
Oh my god.
laugh.gif

Stop it. If he's the main piece to that team for the next decade, good luck.

Kid is a nice player, but c'mon.

Who thought Chauncey would have that "it factor," the kid is a rookie, we've seen a lot of more surprising things happen.

It's smart to move Rip I suppose, but man, seeing Rip in another jersey, another mask?
frown.gif

Can't really see Rip being in anything but a Pistons uniform, but I couldn't really see Jrich without a Warriors uni, so things can happen..

Stuckey definitely is a slight product of the ESPN hype machine IMO, but he's definitely played very well in the postseason, especially as a rookie. Whoknows how good he'll be, though.

But Chauncey came in to the league as a Top 5, expected to be an elite guard.

Stuckey is getting Wade comparsions....and quotes like that...putting him on a Williams, Paul level.

Whatever he did the past couple weeks to garner that, I'd like to know. 'Cause I missed it.

J O'neal thinks he will be moved
Waits for Warrior fans and JapanAir to throw around the Al Harrington+filler picks for O'Neal word to Lakers fans last year

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by only 2three

roll.gif
if Paxson made that deal I would personally drive to Chicago and put a beat down on him
and the car doing 100 behind you with LA plates would be me going to help you out

Originally Posted by Al3xis

But Chauncey came in to the league as a Top 5, expected to be an elite guard.

Stuckey is getting Wade comparsions....and quotes like that...putting him on a Williams, Paul level.

Whatever he did the past couple weeks to garner that, I'd like to know. 'Cause I missed it.

I don't think you watch the games. Yo I almost always agree with you but I have to go the other way on this one. The kid is nice. Chauncey did all hisdamage in The Place of Auburn Hill. This kid has all the tools to be a great player in this league. He is D Wade like and that is ok. But soon at the draftpeople will be saying how is the next Stuckey trust me.

I see his best years being a scoring guard putting up 16 or 17 a game.

Good player, a nice piece, but nothin special to me.

who is hyping up stucky? Marc Jackson said his game was WADE LIKE which it is. and there is nothing wrong with what hunter said cause 1. he is a his teamate sogoing to hype him up
laugh.gif
2. he does have things that williams cant do.Stuckys 1st step is lighing quick.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Waits for Warrior fans and JapanAir to throw around the Al Harrington+filler picks for O'Neal word to Lakers fans last year

DO IT MITCH CHRIS! (Mitch has already done enough
grin.gif
, that douche had to ruin the joke)

ohwell.gif
Naw, Indiana won't want to deal with us anyway after Mullincommitted armed robbery in the state of Indiana last year. It'd be kind of weird; I'd do the trade for sure though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

DO IT MITCH CHRIS! (Mitch has already done enough
grin.gif
, that douche had to ruin the joke)

ohwell.gif
Naw, Indiana won't want to deal with us anyway after Mullin committed armed robbery in the state of Indiana last year. It'd be kind of weird; I'd do the trade for sure though
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
HUH? Murphy and Dunleavy are working out just fine for Indianathey fit better there then they did with the warriors. trade worked out for both teams since none of the players fit there old teams anymore and fit the newones better

Yeah, trade worked out for both teams, but it definitely improved the Warriors more overall than Indiana...all u really have to do is look at the team records.The Warriors were sub-500 before the trade, and they made their run last March/April with those new guys, and of course, made the playoffs. It's definitelyturned out fine for Indiana(and Dunleavy's playing better over there), but as of now, the Warriors have been much more successful than Indiana after thetrade. Unless Ike Diogu turns into a stud, the Warriors definitely got the better end of the trade, without a question, IMO

Nobody on here, but people I work with sayin he should play over Chauncey...that HE IS the next Wade, etc.

I just wana know off of what? His play hasn't warranted that, and his physical ability isn't on some other level.

To me,

People fall in love with scoring guards and think they can be molded into PG's and play makers....we've seen it so many times and yet we never learn.

I'll stop with talk on him, I've just been annoyed with it
laugh.gif

Ok this is getting a little crazy
The kid (Stuckey) is not going to play over Chauncey. He is not going to play over RIP. But that does take away the fact that he has skills. This is what Ithink I watched basketball for a longtime. I see that this kid has something special. He is just gifted. When Mr. Big Shot is done they will not miss a step inthe D. This kid is going to feel that spot. Only time can tell but for now lets just call it what it is he is a nice player.

Personally I think he is that dude. Like I told people last year along with my dude Carl. AL3xis you know who I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom