Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Yeah, you gotta think teams like San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix are gonna fall soon. Ihere is going to be a shift in the Western Powers in the coming years. L.A. will be there plus these young teams that are on the fast track for success. I th think tink Golden State is going to become a regular playoff team also. I like some of the players you guys have like Monta. They guy that sat behind me last year at the Blazer games pissed off Matt barnes both meetings, one getting Matt to spit on him. G.S. and Portland have had some good games as of late. I remember a few years ago both teams brawled after a game down there like on one of the team buses.

Cuban won't let it happen. The team makes him too much money for that to happen.
Says the Mavs fan.
grin.gif

Cuban will have the Mavs future intact, if he makes the right trades, and by right trades, there's only a few propositions (well only one) that would work.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Yeah, you gotta think teams like San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix are gonna fall soon. Ihere is going to be a shift in the Western Powers in the coming years. L.A. will be there plus these young teams that are on the fast track for success. I th think tink Golden State is going to become a regular playoff team also. I like some of the players you guys have like Monta. They guy that sat behind me last year at the Blazer games pissed off Matt barnes both meetings, one getting Matt to spit on him. G.S. and Portland have had some good games as of late. I remember a few years ago both teams brawled after a game down there like on one of the team buses.

Cuban won't let it happen. The team makes him too much money for that to happen.
Says the Mavs fan.
grin.gif

Cuban will have the Mavs future intact, if he makes the right trades, and by right trades, there's only a few propositions (well only one) that would work.

That Kidd trade didn't help the future of the Mavs, nor did it help them in the playoffs. I still think the Mavs will fall off of their"power" status. Doesn't mean they wont be a playoff team.

laugh.gif
naw i wasn't referring to that, it's an inside joke (although should have made it more obvious) that the Warriors want to get rid of AlHarrington+filler. Paul and JapanAir know what I'm talkin about
laugh.gif

But I do agree with you in that the Kidd trade didn't help them at all. It was worth the risk though, to me. They can trade him for something valuable ifthey wish. It's been proposed before (obviously nothing but a random proposal) of Kidd for Iverson; it seems like it would benefit both teams well. I thinkthe Mavs will fall off a bit too, but as of where they are now they're still a playoff team as long as Dirk is healthy.

laugh.gif
naw i wasn't referring to that, it's an inside joke (although should have made it more obvious) that the Warriors want to get rid of Al Harrington+filler. Paul and JapanAir know what I'm talkin about
laugh.gif
Sometimes we might talk about the Trade Exception.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JONFARR

What's crazy is that the West might be scary, scary good in the future with all but 1-2 teams in realistic playoff contention. Including this year's playoff teams, basically EVERY team has the ability to be among the contenders for the 8th seed, with only Memphis/Minnesota maybe a little behind in the rebuilding phase. Seattle and Portland are gonna be disgusting good. The Clips with a healthy Brand are a playoff team. The Warriors have the foundation to be competitive for a long time w/ their young players, if they pan out well. Minnesota has Jefferson+this year's 3rd pick. the Kings have a nice core of players.

Well...the point is, the West is going to be scary. There could be 13-14 teams realistically fighting for the playoffs. Maybe some teams in the top 8 will fade, especially the older teams, but still, it's possible.
Yeah, you gotta think teams like San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix are gonna fall soon. I think there is going to be a shift in the Western Powers in the coming years. L.A. will be there plus these young teams that are on the fast track for success. I think Golden State is going to become a regular playoff team also. I like some of the players you guys have like Monta. They guy that sat behind me last year at the Blazer games pissed off Matt barnes both meetings, one getting Matt to spit on him. G.S. and Portland have had some good games as of late. I remember a few years ago both teams brawled after a game down there like on one of the team buses.

haha yeah i think rasheed got a cup of beer in his face or something. and CHRIS MILLS and TROY MURPHY were throwing hands.. against Ruben Patterson andBonzi Wells
roll.gif

2002 maybe?

Well, the Kidd trade didn't help us this year, but maybe just maybe Kidd was going to be used to build around this year. If this year isn't completelysuccessful, I'm willing to call it unsuccessful. Dirk was at his absolute best this season post-trade, but it wasn't enough because he had no support.The trade was made so late in the season that it hindered us as a team, plus Avery isn't a kind of coach to coach Kidd, and just wasn't working. Theadjustment period for a PG is substantially more significant than any other position, especially a pass-first PG like Kidd. I'm not trying to make excuses,but I still have faith in our FO and our team, that's what I'm trying to say here.

As far as Acid goes, Al+Filler for Dirk?

DO IT CUBES!

That Kidd trade didn't help the future of the Mavs, nor did it help them in the playoffs.
How? It's a $20+ million expiring contract... Cap flexibility >>>> 2 late first rounders that can easily be bought back...

The Mavs will fall back a step or two, but it won't be for long and it won't be like the 90's was...

It's no secret NBA front-office executives have tried to measure if the Nuggets might actually be willing to part ways with the 24-year-old Anthony, despite assurances to his agent that Denver is not actively shopping the high-scoring forward on the trade market. Look for the Pistons, who fell just short of reaching the NBA Finals for the third straight season, to be among the teams putting out feelers in regard to Carmelo Anthony's availability, according to a league source. Denver Post

Terry Porter will be the Phoenix Suns' next coach,
ending the club's monthlong search for a successor to Mike D'Antoni. Phoenix general manager Steve Kerr said Saturday he had agreed to terms with Porter, who was an assistant with the Detroit Pistons for the past two seasons. The 45-year-old Porter played in the NBA for 17 seasons and teamed with Kerr in San Antonio. AP/Globe and Mail

Terry Porter is expected to sign a three-year deal worth about $7 million,
and he likely will be introduced at a news conference early next week. His hiring was first reported by ESPN. AP/Globe and Mail

Spurs general manager R.C. Buford acknowledged that Tiago Splitter has indeed informed the team that he won't be coming to San Antonio next season. Splitter, a first-round draft pick a year ago, has instead decided to sign an extension with Tau Ceramica that would keep him in the Spanish League through 2012. San Antonio Express-News ( Here is a video of Taigo splitter if you don't know who he is)

This would seem to make acquiring a power forward a priority for the Spurs this offseason. It would also seem to make Kurt Thomas, who is due to become a free agent July 1, an even more valuable commodity. San Antonio Express-News

It's no secret trading Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley top the Pacers' wish list. The problem, however, is teams aren't calling Bird on a daily basis trying to swing a deal for either player, particularly Tinsley. But that won't stop the rumors and Internet chatter this summer. Indianapolis Star

Potential trade that makes sense: Jermaine O'Neal to Dallas for Jason Kidd: O'Neal had his best season in 2003-04 playing for Rick Carlisle, now the Mavericks coach, and Dallas needs a low-post scorer. The early results on the Kidd experiment in Dallas weren't positive, but his addition not only would solve the Pacers' point guard problem immediately, it also would allow the 35-year-old to mentor their first-round pick, if they decide to go that route. Kidd will make $21.4 million in the final year of his contract. Indianapolis Star

Shawne Williams to Memphis for Kyle Lowry: The Pacers were atrocious at stopping dribble penetration last season. Lowry solves that. He's the tough, defensive-minded point guard the Pacers need to shore up the position. The Grizzlies have a surplus of young point guards in Lowry, Mike Conley Jr. and Javaris Crittenton and are trying to figure out what to do. The Pacers have a surplus of wing players and could part with Williams, who is from Memphis and starred there in college. Indianapolis Star

Bruce Ratner's Brooklyn Day was billed as a celebration, but Thursday's pep rally to whip up support for the Nets owner's controversial Atlantic Yards project seemed more like a goal-line stand than a party. The speakers at the rally sounded like Hillary Clinton in the waning weeks of her failed presidential campaign: angry and frustrated, stunned at the prospect of defeat when they once expected a slam dunk. NY Daily News

But community opposition, legal challenges and especially the credit crisis have stalled Ratner's ambitions, and Atlantic Yards no longer feels like a done dea
l. The pols, union leaders and activists who spoke in favor of the project sounded like Hillary after last month's Indiana and North Carolina primaries - annoyed that anybody dare challenge a project they backed, angry that it might be slipping away from them. NY Daily News

The quality of the crowd at Columbus Park was easier to gauge than the quantity; nobody, it seemed, had come to Brooklyn Day because they believed Atlantic Yards was crucial to New York's future. The youth basketball groups came because Ratner has sponsored their tournaments. The workers from Borough Hall and the nearby courthouses came for the free sandwiches Forest City Ratner passed out. The kids - was it coincidence or conspiracy that Ratner scheduled the event on a day public schools were closed - came for the free key chains and autographs of former Nets who retired from the NBA long before they were even born. The unions came because Ratner has promised to hire organized labor. NY Daily News

Clay Bennett: The Sonics owner says his team would make almost US$20 million if it played in Oklahoma City during the next two years. He suggests the team will lose more than $60 million - about 20 per cent of what he paid for it - if it stays in Seattle for two more "lame duck" seasons.
That was among the revelations from Bennett's testimony in a 13-hour, 373-page deposition obtained by The Associated Press late Friday night. The deposition was given in advance of the June 16 trial of the city of Seattle's lawsuit, which seeks to have the team play out the remainder of its KeyArena lease. AP/Toronto Sun

Testimony revealed the Sonics lost $23 million in 2004 and $29 million in 2005, when they were owned by Starbucks Corp. chairman Howard Schultz and 57 other Seattle-area investors. Bennett and his co-owners paid $350 million for the team in July 2006. He said his Sonics lost $32 million in the 2007-08 season amid fan apathy, anger and the worst record (20-62) in the franchise's 41-year history in Seattle. AP/Toronto Sun

Based on that, Bennett testified the team would lose $60.9 million to $64.9 million if Pechman rules in favour of Seattle and demands that the team play in KeyArena for the final two years of its lease that ends after the 2009-10 season. "I would think so," Bennett said. "Couldn't get much worse than this year." AP/Toronto Sun

Bennett estimated that if Pechman ruled in favour of the Sonics and allowed them to move to Oklahoma City for the 2008-09 season as the league has already approved, the Sonics would make $18.8 million in the those same two seasons. Bennett also estimated the Sonics-related economic activity in Oklahoma City would be $171 million annually, and the team would generate $11 million in annual tax revenue there, including from the team's payroll. AP/Toronto Sun

Lakers special assistant Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, assigned to Jersey's center Andrew Bynum, believes he's been shunned as an NBA coaching candidate because of a trend of hiring former point guards over former centers.
Abdul-Jabbar had had just one interview on the college/NBA level - five years ago with Columbia. "I had hoped I would get an opportunity to be a head coach,'' the Laker legend and former Power Memorial star. "That hasn't happened. One thing it's a real pleasure working with Bynum and I'm glad I got involved. Of course I'd entertain it but it may not present itself. They see I'm coaching. Not like I'm living up in Alaska. I think ballhandlers seem to get the job.'' NY Post

You know what, the Pistons would be a good fit for Melo.

But at what cost? If the cost is something like "We use trades to get rid of everyone except Stuckey, and use Stuckey and Melo as the cornerstone for ournext chapter," then I'm not sure I see that as a benefit for the Pistons or for Melo.

But if the Pistons keep a few pieces, say, Chauncey and Maxiell (for example), and add Melo to the mix, I think I like it for both sides.

Look for the Pistons, who fell just short of reaching the NBA Finals for the third straight season, to be among the teams putting out feelers in regard to Carmelo Anthony's availability, according to a league source
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I still can't believe they picked Darko becausethey have always made good trades and signings.

Why in the hell didn't we just pick him 4 years ago when we had the chance??? If we do get him our Defense will go straight to hell but ehh we will have a"go to" guy.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

You know what, the Pistons would be a good fit for Melo.

But at what cost? If the cost is something like "We use trades to get rid of everyone except Stuckey, and use Stuckey and Melo as the cornerstone for our next chapter," then I'm not sure I see that as a benefit for the Pistons or for Melo.

But if the Pistons keep a few pieces, say, Chauncey and Maxiell (for example), and add Melo to the mix, I think I like it for both sides.

I agree, Melo would be a great fit there. Almost everybody on that team is expendable now (except Stuckey, Maxiell) and if you keep at least a couplepieces from the Big 4 while still adding Melo to the mix....
smokin.gif

YoungCFromThaD:
Why in the hell didn't we just pick him 4 years ago when we had the chance??? If we do get him our Defense will go straight to hell but ehh we will have a "go to" guy.
I think one of the reason he's not the best defender in the NBA is because he's never had a coach that gave a crap about defense.

Now, I'm all for personal responsibility; your problems are your problems because you never addressed them. His reputation for lack of defense is hisproblem, not his coaches. But I do think he'll pick up well if he were in a more defensive-minded system, like the Pistons (or Spurs, or Celtics, amongothers).

I'd take Melo I guess, I would have to see what they want to give up tho. I don't want Stuckey, Maxiel, Amir Johnson, and possibly Aaron Afflalo to betraded, I think they are a very good talented core of young players who all have tremendous upsides.

WOW on the Suns' Terry Porter hire.

While this news doesn't set the basketball world ablaze with excitement, I think he'll be a solid coach and, after watching D'Antoni's poorin-game decision-making the past 4 years, I think the Suns have at least a better chance to succeed than they have had.

For now, go Celtics. For next year, go Suns AND Celtics.

Afflalo is going to be a role player for his career, if you have a shot at getting Melo, I trade him(AA) without even thinking twice about it.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

YoungCFromThaD:
Why in the hell didn't we just pick him 4 years ago when we had the chance??? If we do get him our Defense will go straight to hell but ehh we will have a "go to" guy.
I think one of the reason he's not the best defender in the NBA is because he's never had a coach that gave a crap about defense.

Now, I'm all for personal responsibility; your problems are your problems because you never addressed them. His reputation for lack of defense is his problem, not his coaches. But I do think he'll pick up well if he were in a more defensive-minded system, like the Pistons (or Spurs, or Celtics, among others).

Melo's my favorite player in the league. Part of the reason he doesn't play good D is becuase he doesn't always want to play good D. The othermajor reason, is that he has absolutely ATROCIOUS defensive footwork and is easily caught out of position and has a low Defensive IQ (Think when he fouled outagainst the Lakers)

Shawne Williams for Lowry?
roll.gif

I don't see that happening at all straight up. I would like to see th Pacers add their lottery pick as well in that deal and somehow come up with a betterdeal overall. I'm still hoping the Grizzlies can make that deal with the Heat for the no.2 pick.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Potential trade that makes sense: Jermaine O'Neal to Dallas for Jason Kidd: O'Neal had his best season in 2003-04 playing for Rick Carlisle, now the Mavericks coach, and Dallas needs a low-post scorer. The early results on the Kidd experiment in Dallas weren't positive, but his addition not only would solve the Pacers' point guard problem immediately, it also would allow the 35-year-old to mentor their first-round pick, if they decide to go that route. Kidd will make $21.4 million in the final year of his contract. Indianapolis Star

If J.O. is going to be healthy, I would definitely welcome this trade. Then again, we have no point guard. I would try and trade for a point guard, ifpossible a jose calderon. I know Toronto will probably keep him but he would be a ncie pick up for the Mavs. I would trade JET and some fillers if needed.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

roll.gif

I don't see that happening at all straight up. I would like to see th Pacers add their lottery pick as well in that deal and somehow come up with a better deal overall. I'm still hoping the Grizzlies can make that deal with the Heat for the no.2 pick.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Kyle Lowry is worth a lottery pick?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

roll.gif

I don't see that happening at all straight up. I would like to see th Pacers add their lottery pick as well in that deal and somehow come up with a better deal overall. I'm still hoping the Grizzlies can make that deal with the Heat for the no.2 pick.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Kyle Lowry is worth a lottery pick?

Not just Kyle Lowry...Maybe a combination of Lowry/Warrick or Lowry/Miller for their 1st rounder/Shawne Williams and something.

Lakers special assistant Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, assigned to Jersey's center Andrew Bynum, believes he's been shunned as an NBA coaching candidate because of a trend of hiring former point guards over former centers. Abdul-Jabbar had had just one interview on the college/NBA level - five years ago with Columbia. "I had hoped I would get an opportunity to be a head coach,'' the Laker legend and former Power Memorial star. "That hasn't happened. One thing it's a real pleasure working with Bynum and I'm glad I got involved. Of course I'd entertain it but it may not present itself. They see I'm coaching. Not like I'm living up in Alaska. I think ballhandlers seem to get the job.'' NY Post

If this man wants a head coaching position then damn it, someone give him a head coaching position! I mean it's not even like he wants to coach an NBAteam. Shoot, he can coach my intramural team for all I care!

Back
Top Bottom