Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Lakers special assistant Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, assigned to Jersey's center Andrew Bynum, believes he's been shunned as an NBA coaching candidate because of a trend of hiring former point guards over former centers. Abdul-Jabbar had had just one interview on the college/NBA level - five years ago with Columbia. "I had hoped I would get an opportunity to be a head coach,'' the Laker legend and former Power Memorial star. "That hasn't happened. One thing it's a real pleasure working with Bynum and I'm glad I got involved. Of course I'd entertain it but it may not present itself. They see I'm coaching. Not like I'm living up in Alaska. I think ballhandlers seem to get the job.'' NY Post

If this man wants a head coaching position then damn it, someone give him a head coaching position! I mean it's not even like he wants to coach an NBA team. Shoot, he can coach my intramural team for all I care!

Maybe he'll come coach at what was supposed to be his alma-mater St. John's

What about this?

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...1724~1975~125~1002&teams=7~7~7~8~8~8&te=&cash
den.gif
[h2]Denver Nuggets[/h2]

[table][tr][th=""]Incoming Players[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
3004.jpg
[/td] [td]
Antonio McDyess
Salary: $6,373,900 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 8.8 REB: 8.5 AST: 1.1 PER: 14.17
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3621.jpg
[/td] [td]
Tayshaun Prince
Salary: $8,675,620 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 13.2 REB: 4.9 AST: 3.3 PER: 15.66
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3174.jpg
[/td] [td]
Chauncey Billups
Salary: $10,000,000 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 17.0 REB: 2.7 AST: 6.8 PER: 23.61
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: Steven Hunter, Carmelo Anthony, Marcus Camby

det.gif
[h2]Detroit Pistons[/h2]

3525.jpg
[/td] [td]
Steven Hunter
Salary: $3,638,600 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 2.1 REB: 1.5 AST: 0.0 PER: 8.64
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3706.jpg
[/td] [td]
Carmelo Anthony
Salary: $13,041,250 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 25.7 REB: 7.4 AST: 3.4 PER: 21.16
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3084.jpg
[/td] [td]
Marcus Camby
Salary: $10,000,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 9.1 REB: 13.1 AST: 3.3 PER: 17.24
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: Antonio McDyess, Tayshaun Prince, Chauncey Billups

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...724~1975~125~1002&teams=7~7~7~8~8~8&te=&cash=

Stuckey
Hamilton
Melo
Sheed
Camby

Billups
Iverson
Prince
Martin
Mcdyess

Originally Posted by Two One Supreme

What about this?

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...1724~1975~125~1002&teams=7~7~7~8~8~8&te=&cash
den.gif
[h2]Denver Nuggets[/h2]

3004.jpg
[/td] [td]
Antonio McDyess
Salary: $6,373,900 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 8.8 REB: 8.5 AST: 1.1 PER: 14.17
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3621.jpg
[/td] [td]
Tayshaun Prince
Salary: $8,675,620 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 13.2 REB: 4.9 AST: 3.3 PER: 15.66
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3174.jpg
[/td] [td]
Chauncey Billups
Salary: $10,000,000 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 17.0 REB: 2.7 AST: 6.8 PER: 23.61
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: Steven Hunter, Carmelo Anthony, Marcus Camby

det.gif
[h2]Detroit Pistons[/h2]

3525.jpg
[/td] [td]
Steven Hunter
Salary: $3,638,600 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 2.1 REB: 1.5 AST: 0.0 PER: 8.64
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3706.jpg
[/td] [td]
Carmelo Anthony
Salary: $13,041,250 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 25.7 REB: 7.4 AST: 3.4 PER: 21.16
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3084.jpg
[/td] [td]
Marcus Camby
Salary: $10,000,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 9.1 REB: 13.1 AST: 3.3 PER: 17.24
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: Antonio McDyess, Tayshaun Prince, Chauncey Billups

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...724~1975~125~1002&teams=7~7~7~8~8~8&te=&cash=

Stuckey
Hamilton
Melo
Sheed
Camby

Billups
Iverson
Prince
Martin
Mcdyess

Stick to NBA Live buddy
laugh.gif
You're not getting Melo and Camby foran old Mcdyess who is nothing more than a role player. Maybe if you included Maxiell or Sheed and included K-mart or Nene, 2 terrible contracts.

Kareem and PE get the same treatment, they both really WANT to coach, but no one will give them the job, ridiculous if you ask me.

As for that trade, switch Maxiell with Antonio and I can see it happening. If Detroit gave a pick or two up as well, it's possible. Chauncey+Princeisn't much lower in value than Camby+Melo IMO. Chauncey and Prince are both all around great players on both ends, Camby has his offensive issues, whileMelo has his defensive issues.

I don't think Melo with the Pistons back when the draft happened would have worked. They wouldn't have had the salary to be able to sign him after thefirst few years, and I don't think any of the other players would have developed into what they are right now. It's like saying aww man they could haveMJ, John Stockton, Scottie, Charles Barkley, and Hakeem if they would have drafted right! Well, it costs to keep valuable players in the city.

But it was stupid for them to skip on him, just want to make it clear that I'm not defending them drafting Darko.
laugh.gif

Stick to NBA Live buddy image You're not getting Melo and Camby for an old Mcdyess who is nothing more than a role player. Maybe if you included Maxiell or Sheed and included K-mart or Nene, 2 terrible contracts.
nerd.gif
Did you miss Tayshaun and Chauncey?

Asked if there was any change in his declaration to wait on his decision to opt out of the final year of his contract, Elton Brand said, "There's no change. But check with me when I get back to L.A." Brand, as has been reported on a number of occasions, can opt out of the final year of his contract this summer and become an unrestricted free agent. He is due to be paid $16,440,000 next season. Orange County Register

Shaun Livingston: The fourth overall pick in 2004 missed last season and it's uncertain when he will play again. An NBA source said the Clippers aren't expected to make Livingston a qualifying offer (the lowest starts at $5.8 million), making him an unrestricted free agent July 1. But with major knee concerns, it's uncertain the Clippers, or any team, will be rushing to sign him. Boston Globe

According to the source, Livingston can't work out back-to-back days and needs about 90 minutes of therapy before doing noncontact basketball drills. There is speculation he might not be able to play at the NBA level again. What made Livingston special: he is a point guard with Magic Johnson-like height, at 6 feet 7 inches. But if he returns without his spectacular quickness, he could move to the small forward position. Boston Globe

The Knicks may have a chance to sign Ron Artest to a five-year, $30 million mid-level exception, if he opts out of the last year of his contract with the Sacramento Kings and becomes a free agent on July 1. That contract would pay him $7.4 million. It's even a possibility the Knicks could work a sign-and-trade with Sacramento, if the Kings would agree to it. NY Daily News

"Who wouldn't want to?" Artest said in the tunnel outside the Garden's locker rooms following yesterday's WNBA game between the Liberty and Monarchs. "I'm not going to talk about that stuff till July 1. I don't play for the money, I play for the love." NY Daily News

The Milwaukee Bucks have a new coach and general manager and are showing signs that they intend to rework the roster. Which has fired up plenty of rumors linking the Cavs to Michael Redd. Akron Beacon Journal

The Indiana Pacers' front office just underwent a shakeup with Donnie Walsh leaving to join the New York Knicks. President Larry Bird, now firmly in control, has indicated he's looking to restructure the underachieving roster. Akron Beacon Journal

I talked to a member of the Warriors organization. According to this person, ESPN.com's report that the Warriors were in hot pursuit of Yi on draft night a year ago provoked "great laughter" throughout the office. Not that they don't like Yi as a player, but they weren't manuevering that day to get Yi. Here's what I was told: No, they weren't trying to get Yi when they traded Jason Richardson during last year's draft. Contra Costa Times

If the Bulls decide to select Memphis point guard Derrick Rose with the top pick in the draft this month, they might seek to fill their need for a low-post scorer by acquiring Indiana Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal. The Pacers would prefer not to deal O'Neal within the Central Division, but they might not have much choice. O'Neal has two years and $44 million left on his contract and a recent history of injuries, so few teams would be in position -- or willing -- to make a play for the 12-year veteran. Chicago Sun-Times

The Bulls, though, are one of those teams. They have the players -- and, more important, the big-money contracts -- to get a deal done. A proposal built around forward Tyrus Thomas ($3.75 million), one of the Bulls' excess guards -- Larry Hughes ($12.8 million), Kirk Hinrich ($10 million) or Ben Gordon (restricted free agent) -- and a future draft pick meets the salary-cap requirements and might be the best offer the Pacers get. Chicago Sun-Times

There have been plenty of Internet rumors linking the Cavs to Pacers' center Jermaine O'Neal. But for the moment, they all must be coming from outside Cleveland. The Cavs don't have interest at this time. Akron Beacon Journal

Yes, Jermaine O'Neal is available, but not for the expiring contracts of the Cavs' Wally Szczerbiak and Eric Snow, a league source confirmed last week. However, not everyone thinks it's a great idea bringing O'Neal to the Cavs. "He's not the guy that's advertised," said one league source. News Herald

Jermaine O'Neal is billed as an athletic 7-footer who can run the floor. There's only one drawback: He doesn't run. "He'd be the worst guy for LeBron (James)," the source said. "He's a black hole. He never passes out of double teams. It would limit what LeBron can do. It would be a disaster." News Herald

If the Pistons are looking to move forward/center Rasheed Wallace, the Bobcats might be a logical landing spot. He played at North Carolina, thrived under Coach Larry Brown in Detroit and has one year on his contract ($13.7 million). He'd also fit in with Emeka Okafor, who is a close-to-the-rim goalie-type. Wallace likes to roam the floor and has 3-point shooting ability. News Herald

Several teams have made "serious inquiries" about trading for Raptors point guard T.J. Ford. One of those teams could be the Cavs. Others looking for point-guard help are Miami, Sacramento, Portland and Chicago (that interest would end if the Bulls draft Memphis point guard Derrick Rose). News Herald

The Blazers continue to go slow with C Greg Oden (microfracture surgery). They are not allowing him to join a squad of young players training against the Olympic team in late July. Two other Blazers, SG Brandon Roy and PF LaMarcus Aldridge, are expected to to play, as are draft prospects Beasley and Memphis PG Derrick Rose. Sporting News

Keeping restricted free-agent F Carl Landry will be a challenge for the Rockets. He is in line for a three-year deal for between $25 million and $30 million, which probably would force the Rockets to pay the luxury tax. Landry's first choice, however, is to stay in Houston. Sporting News

Andrew Bynum is only 20 years old, with less than three full seasons in the N.B.A. The coaching staff cautions that he still has much to learn. But his teammates have seen enough to let their imaginations run wild. "Andrew was becoming an emerging superstar," Odom said. "That's my guy. And I can't wait until he gets back on the court. Because watching him earlier this year was incredible." NY Times

The Lakers had tried on a couple of occasions to acquire Gasol from Memphis before Bynum was injured. But Bynum was blossoming and the Lakers were surging. "My feeling was to get the deal done, we'd have to break up our team," Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak said. The Grizzlies, he said, were asking for "one of our best players," believed to be Odom. "So we kind of put it on hold," he said. NY Times

Had Bynum never been injured, the Lakers might not have felt the need to make the trade. Gasol gave the Lakers a much-needed second option behind Kobe Bryant and lifted them into championship contention. "I don't know if we would have gotten here," Kupchak said. NY Times

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Stick to NBA Live buddy image You're not getting Melo and Camby for an old Mcdyess who is nothing more than a role player. Maybe if you included Maxiell or Sheed and included K-mart or Nene, 2 terrible contracts.
nerd.gif
Did you miss Tayshaun and Chauncey?

Tayshaun and Chauncey does not equal Melo and Camby. Throw in Maxiell or Sheed and you would have a deal. The Nuggets aren't going to trade their bestplayer and the only player on their team that plays defense for Mcdyess, Tayshaun and Chauncey.

If Livingston would sign for the league minium or around a couple of mill I would love for the Knicks to take a chance on him.

No way in hell Shawn Livingston becomes a SF.
Keeping restricted free-agent F Carl Landry will be a challenge for the Rockets. He is in line for a three-year deal for between $25 million and $30 million, which probably would force the Rockets to pay the luxury tax. Landry's first choice, however, is to stay in Houston. Sporting News
eek.gif

Carl Landry deserves this kind of money???
eek.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

I talked to a member of the Warriors organization. According to this person, ESPN.com's report that the Warriors were in hot pursuit of Yi on draft night a year ago provoked "great laughter" throughout the office. Not that they don't like Yi as a player, but they weren't manuevering that day to get Yi. Here's what I was told: No, they weren't trying to get Yi when they traded Jason Richardson during last year's draft. Contra Costa Times

grin.gif

Yi has all the media attention so more people know of him... but Brandan Wright has great potential too in his own right.

tupac003:
Shaun Livingston: The fourth overall pick in 2004 missed last season and it's uncertain when he will play again. An NBA source said the Clippers aren't expected to make Livingston a qualifying offer (the lowest starts at $5.8 million), making him an unrestricted free agent July 1. But with major knee concerns, it's uncertain the Clippers, or any team, will be rushing to sign him. Boston Globe

According to the source, Livingston can't work out back-to-back days and needs about 90 minutes of therapy before doing noncontact basketball drills. There is speculation he might not be able to play at the NBA level again. What made Livingston special: he is a point guard with Magic Johnson-like height, at 6 feet 7 inches. But if he returns without his spectacular quickness, he could move to the small forward position. Boston Globe

Livingston is done, and that's unfortunate. I said it as soon as I saw it, and so did like 90% of everyone else. That was a fierce injury,man.

Obviously, he is one example of someone who definitely made a good decision to skip college and go to the NBA, because at least now, if he never makes it backto the league, he's set (at least, he should have enough to be set) for life.

Originally Posted by dreClark

No way in hell Shawn Livingston becomes a SF.
eek.gif

Carl Landry deserves this kind of money???
eek.gif

25-30 million for Landry?
roll.gif

Seriously, what are the qualificationsto become a sports journalist? Apparently knowledge about the game isn't one of them.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Warriors

Outgoing Players:

Al Harrington
Chris Quinn

Incoming Players:

Kobe Bryant
LeBron James

Cleveland

Outgoing Players:

LeBron James

Incoming:

Al Harrington

LA Lakers

Outgoing Players:

Kobe Bryant

Incoming Players:

Chris Quinn

pimp.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif

The Knicks may have a chance to sign Ron Artest to a five-year, $30 million mid-level exception, if he opts out of the last year of his contract with the Sacramento Kings and becomes a free agent on July 1. That contract would pay him $7.4 million. It's even a possibility the Knicks could work a sign-and-trade with Sacramento, if the Kings would agree to it. NY Daily News

"Who wouldn't want to?" Artest said in the tunnel outside the Garden's locker rooms following yesterday's WNBA game between the Liberty and Monarchs. "I'm not going to talk about that stuff till July 1. I don't play for the money, I play for the love." NY Daily News
more proof you can really never listen to what Artest has to say. he recently said he was a Sacramento King for life.

Back
Top Bottom