Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Am I the only one who thinks it'll be rediculous to possibly give Bynum 5 years $80 Million?
HEY YOU WITH THE FACE, QUIET FOO!
laugh.gif

guy was averaging 17 and 12 the month before he went down with about 3 blocks pg....in 28 minutes... led the league in FG% . dude is young too... what is he 21 or 22? he still needs to work on his post game but anything thrown up to him was automatic...
hopefully he comes back fine... if he puts those numbers up again, i have no problem with them paying him that...

I agree that IF he continues this for a year or two more, give him big money. But not yet.
any nba player will say that to look good for the public. it's not because it's bynum or the lakers. i just don't buy the fact that an nba would leave like 20 mill on the table for winning. especially someone as young as bynum.

Al Jefferson.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Im not saying TJ has. But the great thing is, if TJ goes down, Jose can step up and fill the void. If you see the games that Jose was the starter, dude had almost identical numbers as to what TJ put up, just in a different way.
that's the point. You have a pg who is ready to step in and take over TJ's spot. TJ is injury prone anyways, but to be able to trade him for a career 20 and 10 player would be a hell of a deal since you guys dont really have a low post player. Sorry, but Bosh doesnt play well enough in the post to be considered a good low post player. He shoots a lot of jumpers and will be an awesome compliment to a healthy JO, but right now I think a JO type player is who you are missing. I think you forget that last year the price tag for JO was Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum. Here is JO's stat line since he came to the Pacers
[table][tr][td]Year[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Def[/td] [td]Tot[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]Blk[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]2000-01[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]32:36[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]10.7[/td] [td]46.5[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]60.1[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]12.9[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]37:36[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]15.7[/td] [td]47.9[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [td]68.8[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]10.5[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]19.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]37:12[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]16.4[/td] [td]48.4[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]33.3[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]6.6[/td] [td]73.1[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]7.7[/td] [td]10.3[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]20.8[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]78[/td] [td]35:42[/td] [td]7.8[/td] [td]18.0[/td] [td]43.4[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]11.1[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]75.7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]10.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td]20.1[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]34:47[/td] [td]8.8[/td] [td]19.4[/td] [td]45.2[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]16.7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]8.9[/td] [td]75.5[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]6.9[/td] [td]8.8[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]24.3[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]35:17[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]15.8[/td] [td]47.2[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]30.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]70.9[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td]9.3[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]20.1[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]35:36[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]16.5[/td] [td]43.7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]76.7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]9.6[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]19.4[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]28:41[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]12.2[/td] [td]44.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]74.2[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]13.6[/td] [/tr][/table]

I dont know how many 20 and 10 players you guys have on your team, but when healthy JO is one.
Thats my only concern. When Healthy. I know dude can ball; everybody knows that. Im just worried about health. If he goes down, we dont have a backup.Where as if TJ goes down, we do.

Definately not questioning his skills. Dude has the best off-hand in the NBA IMO...

On a totally unrelated note, this is why I hate work. I start making a reply at 3:00... its now 5:00... damn i get caught up at work too much
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Suns and Clippers are talking about a deal that would send the No. 7 pick and Corey Maggette to Phoenix for Leandro Barbosa and the No. 15 pick, according to ESPN.com[/font][/font][/font]
If this move gets done, and the Lopez to the Supersonics report is true, then Phoenix has to be eyeing Bayless in this spot. Hometown product and all.

Maggette is as good as gone, and Barbosa can do everything Maggette does, and can run the point. A position they need help at.

Sounds like a good trade to me.

I thought the rockets had the best defense last year. if tmac had any balls in his sack, they would have went deeper into the playoffs....

they need to trade tmac for redd already...

Boston was.
pimp.gif

LEGIT defense... Not help to scrub players from the refs for 82 games to secure home court....

Damn if that's true about arenas then im mad. i thought he was coming home to LA (clippers). Also barbosa can ignite the break and get to the basket but heis and can no way do the things corey magette can do. Magette gets to the free throw line consistently, can rebound play good D. barbosa is all speed and astreaky 3 point shooter. Magette is inside out. I dont think sterling wants to let him go being how close they are. But if it comes down to keeping 1 personthen i will have to part with him and keep EB. Magette is one of my favorite clippers of all time but you gotta keep your dominate big man now a-days.

Yall really killin me with all this JO is done talk. JO shut HIMSELF down so he could become healthy THIS year. He had been playing injured, but was playingthrough the pain when he could to benefit his team. He didn't have a freak accident, and he's NOT OLD. 29 Y/O is not old compared to most players. Oldis 34-36.

I really hope JO comes out this year and regains his position as one of the best PF's in the L. I would say without a doubt in my mind, he's thesecond-best PF in the League when he's healthy. He's polished, he doesn't have a glaring flaw in his game. If I were the Raptors, I jump all overthis deal. I might as for a future draft pick, but not much else.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Yall really killin me with all this JO is done talk. JO shut HIMSELF down so he could become healthy THIS year. He had been playing injured, but was playing through the pain when he could to benefit his team. He didn't have a freak accident, and he's NOT OLD. 29 Y/O is not old compared to most players. Old is 34-36.

I really hope JO comes out this year and regains his position as one of the best PF's in the L. I would say without a doubt in my mind, he's the second-best PF in the League when he's healthy. He's polished, he doesn't have a glaring flaw in his game. If I were the Raptors, I jump all over this deal. I might as for a future draft pick, but not much else.

whoaaa... i mean yeah a healthy JO is a solid player but second best pf? over players like KG, Duncan, Brand, Dirk, Amare, Al Jefferson??? Heck id takeMarion and West over JO sorry.

Originally Posted by SiccWittit33

Yall really killin me with all this JO is done talk. JO shut HIMSELF down so he could become healthy THIS year. He had been playing injured, but was playing through the pain when he could to benefit his team. He didn't have a freak accident, and he's NOT OLD. 29 Y/O is not old compared to most players. Old is 34-36.

I really hope JO comes out this year and regains his position as one of the best PF's in the L. I would say without a doubt in my mind, he's the second-best PF in the League when he's healthy. He's polished, he doesn't have a glaring flaw in his game. If I were the Raptors, I jump all over this deal. I might as for a future draft pick, but not much else.

whoaaa... i mean yeah a healthy JO is a solid player but second best pf? over players like KG, Duncan, Brand, Dirk, Amare, Al Jefferson??? Heck id take Marion and West over JO sorry.

JO is washed up. Just look at his stats. Over the last 3 seasons his numbers have gone down. And not just the games played and scoring. But his reboundingnumbers have gone down. And that would worry me more, because that's a sign of him not having the lower body strength to box out and grab rebounds overopposing players. JO's best days are past him. 14 and 7 will be the best you'll get out of him. Send him to a contender and he'll look fine.

you have to remember dude came out of high school. thats a bit harder on the knees than normal...

Look at his stats? An unfinished year last year. The year before that, 19/9.

If JO doesn't get AROUND 20/10, I'll quiet myself. But JO is more polished than KG, Brand, Dirk, Al Jefferson, and Amare when healthy. He can handlethe ball, he can rebound, he can defend, he can shoot, he has an inside game. The best player he's ever had around him while he was given time was Artest.Artest+JO won't get you anywhere. But if JO were to go to Toronto, I'd be glad my team was in the West for once. JO's Career stats don't lookimpressive because he was stuck on the bench for the first four years of his career. Don't get confused when I say I'd rather have JO than some of theother players, but JO IS more polished than most PF's today. As I said, there's no glaring flaw in his game.

Noble you bring up a good point, but I don't think it's so much of a significant wear and tear on the knee in the NBA than the College level,ESPECIALLY when he rotted four years on the bench. That's my only justification to what you said.

Is trading JO for TJ Ford really taking a loss for the Raptors, though? Injury issues with JO or not, you've gotta move one of those PGs at some point thisyear, and TJ Ford is damaged goods himself...

If you can keep JO on the floor, him and Bosh is NICE on the blocks... He may not play 82 games throughout the full season, but if you can reduce his minutesand keep him somewhat fresh for the playoffs, that duo could be real tough for almost anyone out East to match up with...

If you can turn TJ Ford and Rasho into Jermaine O'Neal, it's worth the chance IMO.

Talk to me JapanAir... I don't know how I feel about the Mavericks being so damn quiet thus far... This team has to shake things up one way oranother... They really need an influx of youth and athleticism around Kidd, Dirk, and maybe Josh if they decide to keep him. They've gotta find a way toget involved in the back end of the first round on Thursday. And they've gotta find a way to shake up the secondary pieces on this roster, but we'veheard almost NOTHING about them being involved in any types of discussions...

I'll take it somewhat back on the reboudning numbers. I was looking in the wrong column. If i'm a team I am not taking back his ugly contract for a guywho hasn't been healthy in a while and has been in the league for what 12 seasons now? He started when he was 18, its not farfetched to believe his kneeshave given up on him. And don't throw Kevin Garnett or Kobe Bryant as comparisons because they never had to deal with injuries.

As for JO-TJ Ford, that's WHY I make the move, what Nowitness stated. You give up TJ Ford, who isn't made for your system. He's a scorer, and JO isa scorer. You can't have TJ Ford and Calderon on the same team. Rasho isn't that good, he hasn't been since he left SAS.

The way I see it, the Mavericks are going to have to make a move somehow on Thursday to get a late draft pick. But I know what you mean, I've heardvirtually nothing about the Maveircks either. I HAVE heard that Gana Diop would look into coming back to Dallas (good news), and Carlisle is working with ourtwo rookies from last year (Renaldas Seibutis and Reyshawn Terry). I think Terry could be what Bass did for us as a spark. I've heard some rumblings ofArtest, Maggette, but nothing imminent. (Also, they were all a while ago).

The thing that I'm most intrigued by is Avery IS NOT OUR COACH. We're going to see a lot of different line-ups. We could see Kidd, Josh, Bass, Dirk,Dampier, the lineup I've been waiting to see. Carlisle seems to be really willing to get this team back on the right track. He's visiting players,spending time with them. In an interview Reyshawn Terry talked about how he really had no interaction with Avery, yet Rick has already taken him under his wingand wants this kid to make it.

Josh Howard is someone who really is a wild card right now. We could trade him, but who knows, maybe it was just a funk he was in, maybe there was adiscrepancy between Avery and Josh. Josh has talked with Rick and said that there's no hard feelings, and he's going to work on his jumper during thesummer (
laugh.gif
sick.gif
).

As for the draft, I really think we should get ahold of Seattle, they have 6 picks in this upcoming draft, I know Cuban can buy at least one of theirs if hegoes after it. There's no chance they're keeping all six of those draft picks. In reality I only see them keeping 3 of them. As for what we would get,I don't think we can get a solid guard in the draft. No one is going to take the place of Kidd (whether we like it or not), and I don't think we canget a big enough improvement in Terry that it will be worth drafting (unless we have plans to trade him). I'd like us to get a late first rounder and get aCenter like Jordan, McGee, or Hibbert. I would also love for us to take a shot at Serge Ibaka. He is pretty much the opposite of Dirk, and I know we have Bass,but I like to think of Bass as more of a SF, he likes taking that outside jumper, he isolates a lot (dude is NOT passing the ball if he posts up), though hecan get inside and throw it down. I really think going big is the way to go for success.

Speaking of Terry, I really don't think we can afford to lose him, he's our NVE as far as I'm concerned. I know you may not agree with me, buthe's the motivational leader of this team, maybe I'm just homeristic in saying so, but I just don't like the fact of him going to another team, itseems to me that he's the glue to keep this team together, and in the right direction in the locker room.

We need to get the "veterans," off this team. Stackhouse and Jones need to go. Also, let me add, I hate saying this, but I want Devean George back onour team. He's a good defender, and as much of a bonehead he may be, we need some defensive players off the bench who can defend SG, SF, and PF. Magloireis gone. Juwan Howard and Malik Allen need to go. The only players I'd like to see back that are FA are Wright, George, and Lue. Lue is a good back-up.

I have also heard Pops Mensah-Bonsu is going to make a return to the Mavericks. He's going to be on our summer-league team. I would like to see him getsome minutes. He needs polishing, but I think he has the possibility of being as good as Bass is right now.

Let me finish this post by saying this training camp is very important for us. We never got a full training camp with our guys together. Kidd is the key to oursuccess. If he doesn't start doing well around our guys, we're not going to win. We may sneak into the Playoffs, but we're not going anywhere. Ifwe play half-court basketball, we're not going to win. Josh and Kidd need to get some flow together, or else Josh needs to go. I hate to say that, but Kiddisn't going to be traded unless it's near the deadline, and I think Josh still has a ton of value. Kidd has also made Dirk want to play like an MVPagain for whatever reason, so I'd rather let Josh go first than Kidd.

Let me know what you have to say Nowitness, I could go on and on, but I wanted to keep it short (didn't work
laugh.gif
), and I sort of didn't know whatelse to address.

I think buying a late first rounder or trading your way into the first one way or another is an absolute necessity...

And if I'm Donnie Nelson, I target DeAndre Jordan, Serge Ibaka... Just get an athletic big man in that range. I don't care if it's JJ Hickson,Marreesse Speights, whoever... Just go get the most athletic guy you can find that you feel can earn minutes and contribute THIS YEAR... With athletic bigs,I'm not concerned about their offensive ability with the ball in their hands right now. Just let Jason Kidd create shots for them and let them finisharound the rim.

Target those types of guys. Big time athletes, preferably at the PF/C spots, that can finish around the rim and change shots on the defensive end...

At this point, I'd just as soon keep Josh in Dallas for the time being... His value is in the toilet right now, and you're not gonna get near fairvalue. Keep Josh, re-sign Antoine Wright, bring Reyshawn Terry back from overseas, and look into trading Terry or Stackhouse. I'm not in the camp thatthinks this team can't afford to lose Terry. An undersized shooting guard with no PG skills, little defensive ability, and an extremely streaky jumper justdoesn't do much for me... I'll be upset if he and Stackhouse are both on the roster here in August or September...

The lead guys on the roster (Kidd, Dirk, Josh) aren't necessarily the problem, but the secondary players need to be upgraded dramatically.

And this is nearly the same roster that TONS of people swore was the most talented roster in basketball 3 years ago in the Finals...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Well as far as I'm concerned, Josh Howard IS a problem right now, but it can be resolved. If he and Kidd can just work together, then he'll be 10x asgood as he was towards the end of the season. Josh Howard doesn't look at all for Kidd or anyone else in the area when he has the ball. It irks me to seehim bring the ball up.

I really want to see us as a core with Kidd, Bass, Josh, Dirk, and whatever C we can get. Dampier needs to come off the bench and provide 20-25 minutes a game.We're faced with the fact that Dampier isn't good enough to be depended on (although, he did have a few glimpses in the regular season with Kidd), andhe's not valuable enough at his contract to trade for anything important. I'd trust guys like Jordan and Ibaka right now over Dampier. They'reyoung, they're willing to learn, and they'd be playing with Kidd.

As for secondary players, we had some secondary players, they just weren't used. I think Wright, Lue, Dampier, and whoever else we can get to fill-in thosegaps will be sufficient for the Mavericks.

What are your thoughts on Pops MB, and Tyronn Lue? I'm high on Lue as our back-up (he's cheap, and he's a hell of a lot better than JJB).

Pops seems a little repetitive to me... What is he going to do that Bass doesn't? And he's only like 6'7", can't shoot or dribble... Justdon't see the need.

As for Lue, I wouldn't mind him being back... But there's other options I'd explore first... Can you split the MLE between Keyon Dooling and Diop?If so, that's a direction I'd rather go...

You saying Dooling brought back another note for me.

I would love to go after Maurice Evans. He's a UFA, and he won't require too much money, I think he would require half of the MLE, and he's reallygood IMO. He can start on our team if Bass doesn't start. He's the athletic guard we need on this team.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Hickson would be a nice fit..

Here's a name....JR Smith...?

Hickson would be one of my top 2 or 3 guys to look at... Athleticism is hands down the biggest necessity for this team with the way the offense needs to berun...

JR Smith would be something I'd really look into. Is he a free agent? Would it have to be through trade? Are we even a match for Denver in a tradescenario?

Bynum is only 20,he was the last player that could go to the draft after high school.

Lakers should give him that cash hes only gunna become better.

Tonight ESPN said he's available on their draft special, with San Antonio having interest..

Not sure what Denver is looking for...

Here's a name....JR Smith...?
for the sake of his basketball career, PLEASE let him go to the Spurs...he needs a stern coach at this juncture in his career. PLEASE. and thatsays a lot coming from me.

Dallas has an interesting situation, one that's very similar to the Suns in that they've tried multiple things and it still hasn't worked (althoughI'm admittedly overlooking the David Stern effect on the 2006 Finals). It'll be interesting to see what you guys come up with in the offseason,especially considering you guys have been so close for a number of years.

I honestly didn't like the JKidd trade only because I think Devin Harris has a number of good years ahead of him, but if it's available in any way Ithink a guy like Elton Brand could put you over the edge, just a solid all-around player. Forgive me NT because I don't know your cap situation, but Brandis a heck of an upgrade over Dampier.

I guess another option would be to somehow upgrade at the 2? Trade Terry and some fillers to try and get another big name player, but (and I"m hoping theleague has learned) I'm skeptical a deal could somehow work out for a guy like Redd, both in salary-wise and GM-intelligence-wise.

Gotta love JapanAir's passion either way...

Back
Top Bottom