Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Here's a name....JR Smith...?
for the sake of his basketball career, PLEASE let him go to the Spurs...he needs a stern coach at this juncture in his career. PLEASE. and that says a lot coming from me.

JR smith is Ricky Davis 2.0. My man has no game from the rim to the 3 point line. He just shoots 3's and dunks. And he has the b-ball iq of a 2ndgrader.

With the Spurs looking for younger players, i'm sure they can develop him....he needs a coach who will yank him from games for pulling dumb plays....andhe's athletic regardless

laugh.gif
Elton Brand would be ideal, but I wouldn't think there's anything we've got that they'd be particularly interested in... Unless theydecide they need a PG and feel Terry could be a stop-gap type. But even then, that's more likely to happen in a deal for someone like Maggette than Brand.

The Kidd trade to me still doesn't look all that bad. Devin Harris will be a quality PG, but he wasn't even a top 5 young PG in the West, so...Kidd's contract situation makes that trade more bearable, because he's a huge expiring that gives us loads of payroll flexibility. Stackhouse only hasa year left on his deal after this upcoming season, so he could be used in a deal with a team looking to shed payroll sooner rather than later... And if Iremember correctly, the last year of Dampier's contract is either only partially guaranteed or it's got a team buy-out option in it. So his contractgets more attractive later in the year, too...

If the team comes out the gates slow again this year, you've at least got some flexible contracts to work with...

Hmm... would the Clippers take Boris instead?
laugh.gif

As much as the Suns need a scorer on the wing (thanks for leaving, JJ!), Leandro is a great player and person.

From azcentral.com:

New York, with its No. 6 draft slot, often comes up as a trade destination for Barbosa since Mike D'Antoni accepted the Knicks job last month. Barbosa's tutor, Dan D'Antoni, also will join the Knicks staff.

Barbosa does not want to be traded. He met new Suns coach Terry Porter, saying "his personality is perfect for us."

Barbosa passed on playing for Brazil in an Olympic qualifier next month so that he could spend more time in Phoenix, where he works with Suns athletic trainers to strengthen his upper body and balance to help his defense.

"I'm always worried about that," Barbosa said of a trade after five seasons with the Suns. "I don't like the word trade. I feel this is my home."

I mean, how can you trade this guy? Dude's going to make the front office cry with that.
eek.gif

Trade Boris but keep Barbosa at least another year.

Again and I'll say this, 3 for 1 deal for JO is a %***@$% move. Package in Granger or Murphy and I'll celebrate.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Elton Brand would be ideal, but I wouldn't think there's anything we've got that they'd be particularly interested in... Unless they decide they need a PG and feel Terry could be a stop-gap type. But even then, that's more likely to happen in a deal for someone like Maggette than Brand.

The Kidd trade to me still doesn't look all that bad. Devin Harris will be a quality PG, but he wasn't even a top 5 young PG in the West, so... Kidd's contract situation makes that trade more bearable, because he's a huge expiring that gives us loads of payroll flexibility. Stackhouse only has a year left on his deal after this upcoming season, so he could be used in a deal with a team looking to shed payroll sooner rather than later... And if I remember correctly, the last year of Dampier's contract is either only partially guaranteed or it's got a team buy-out option in it. So his contract gets more attractive later in the year, too...

If the team comes out the gates slow again this year, you've at least got some flexible contracts to work with...

Jared Jeffries for Stackhouse.

Do it Mitch!!!

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Suns and Clippers are talking about a deal that would send the No. 7 pick and Corey Maggette to Phoenix for Leandro Barbosa and the No. 15 pick, according to ESPN.com[/font][/font][/font]

Maggette is the better player in that trade and ur giving him up and moving down? makes no sense. Barbosa cant do anything else on the floor but jack upshots

laugh.gif
Elton Brand would be ideal, but I wouldn't think there's anything we've got that they'd be particularly interested in... Unless they decide they need a PG and feel Terry could be a stop-gap type. But even then, that's more likely to happen in a deal for someone like Maggette than Brand.

The Kidd trade to me still doesn't look all that bad. Devin Harris will be a quality PG, but he wasn't even a top 5 young PG in the West, so... Kidd's contract situation makes that trade more bearable, because he's a huge expiring that gives us loads of payroll flexibility. Stackhouse only has a year left on his deal after this upcoming season, so he could be used in a deal with a team looking to shed payroll sooner rather than later... And if I remember correctly, the last year of Dampier's contract is either only partially guaranteed or it's got a team buy-out option in it. So his contract gets more attractive later in the year, too...

Elton Brand wouldn't fit here unless we got rid of Dirk. I want in on JO IF he isn't washed up but I'm sorry after reading what I did I thinkits wrap for dude.
I've been watching a lot of games from last year and I think that we will aight with Kidd and Rick. I don't know if we will finish top 3 in theWest but I think our talent is as good as anybody else's.

Our demise is greatly exaggerated and with the expiring contracts we have in addition to Cuban's bank book I know we won't be mediocre for long if atall.

My realistic dream offseason is:

Sign Diop
Buy a pick and draft an athletic swing in the first.
Trade Stackhouse+Eddie Jones for Mike Miller.

Fill out the rest of the roster with R.Terry, maybe bring back A. Wright.

However I would trade Josh Howard for Michael Redd in a heartbeat if nothing else works out.. My fellow Mav fans aren't too high on him but I think hewould solve a lot of problems.

why would u have to get rid of Dirk? brand stays in the post and Dirk is a outside player. brand can get points with out having to jack up shots.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

why would u have to get rid of Dirk? brand stays in the post and Dirk is a outside player. brand can get points with out having to jack up shots.

Elton Brand isn't a center and the last time Brand was healthy he wasn't a traditional post player.

I don't like small front courts.

Nothing special

Jun 25, 2008 12:22 AM EST
The Portland Trail Blazers will acquire the 27th pick in the draft from New Orleans in exchange for cash considerations, according to a report from ESPN.

The deal was agreed to verbally between the two teams on Tuesday night, according to the source. The teams have scheduled a trade call with the league in the morning to make the deal official.

Man, what business do the Blazers have with buying a first-rounder?!
roll.gif

[h1]Source: Hornets Trade 27th Draft Pick To Blazers[/h1]

Jun 25, 2008 12:22 AM EST

The Portland Trail Blazers will acquire the 27th pick in the draft from New Orleans in exchange for cash considerations, according to a report fromESPN.

The deal was agreed to verbally between the two teams on Tuesday night, according to the source. The teams have scheduled a trade call with the league inthe morning to make the deal official.

Well, there's one pick we won't be able to get.
laugh.gif
Word is, they want to get Ante Tomic, a 7'2'' Center, I guess they believe he will getdrafted by either the T-Wolves, Sonics, Grizzlies, Pistons, or Celtics, because the Blazers own the 33rd pick, and those teams are between 27-33.

Elton Brand wouldn't fit here unless we got rid of Dirk. I want in on JO IF he isn't washed up but I'm sorry after reading what I did I think its wrap for dude.
I've been watching a lot of games from last year and I think that we will aight with Kidd and Rick. I don't know if we will finish top 3 in the West but I think our talent is as good as anybody else's.

Our demise is greatly exaggerated and with the expiring contracts we have in addition to Cuban's bank book I know we won't be mediocre for long if at all.

My realistic dream offseason is:

Sign Diop
Buy a pick and draft an athletic swing in the first.
Trade Stackhouse+Eddie Jones for Mike Miller.

Fill out the rest of the roster with R.Terry, maybe bring back A. Wright.

However I would trade Josh Howard for Michael Redd in a heartbeat if nothing else works out.. My fellow Mav fans aren't too high on him but I think he would solve a lot of problems.

I'd play Elton next to Dirk without hesitation... The one thing this team needs is someone that can score on the blocks with their back to the basket.Brand can do that. He's a very good rebounder... You could really play matchups in that situation. Very few teams have guys that could matchup well at allwith a Dirk/Brand combo...

You can't trade Howard for Redd straight up. You'd have to throw in Stackhouse, Terry, or Dampier to make the money work... Two guys out of our top 7for a marginal upgrade over Howard isn't worth it. Redd's contract sucks and I just don't see him as much (if at all) an upgrade over Howard...

But I agree on your offseason plan. Bring back Diop, and buy a first round pick for sure... Either Stackhouse or Terry has to go, I couldn't care lesswhich one.

Yes, we definitely need to bring Diop back. His D is great especially against guys like Duncan. Terry and Stackhouse need to be traded as much as most of thevets on this team need to go. Brand would be nice and what people forget about him is he plays great D. He can block shots with his length. I like Wright sobring him back. If we can somehow pry Miller from the Griz, that would be
pimp.gif
. But Cuban, buy a pick and lets get an athletic big. I like that Batum guy from France but idk if he really fits the Mavs needs.

Originally Posted by Tha Murdera 2001

what the hell are the hornets doing??this draft is too deep to be giving away picks!
I don't really consider this a deep draft. Outside of Rose and Beasley, I dont think many of this players will be impact players that change thedynamics of a team. Deandre Jordan maybe a sleeper. And OJ will be OJ. but considering this to be a deep draft seems crazy. And its the 27th pick. Thehornets will be fine. Anybody they could draft at 27 they could find an equal caliber player to sign as a FA if they really need it

The Warriors can count on having Baron Davis under contract when free agency begins next week. Todd Ramasar, Davis' agent, said Tuesday that he doesn't expect his client to opt out of his contract before Monday's deadline. "It doesn't seem likely," Ramasar said. "The market could change anytime, but it's unlikely." The decision makes financial sense for Davis, who is due $17.8 million next season, an amount he would not be able to recoup as a free agent. But combined with stalled talks for a contract extension, it also casts his long-term future with the Warriors in doubt. San Francisco Chronicle

Baron Davis is frustrated at not being offered what he considers a fair extension after playing an 82-game season, the first half at arguably an All-Star level, and he could ask for a trade from the Warriors. It's a situation similar to that of Miami's Shawn Marion, who did not opt out of his contract before Tuesday's deadline passed. San Francisco Chronicle

The Warriors have been active in trade talks leading to Thursday's draft, particularly with their $10 million trade exception expiring Monday. Davis cannot be traded before Tuesday. San Francisco Chronicle

The Grizzlies are working to acquire the No. 2 overall pick Thursday in the NBA draft, but they aren't willing to sacrifice point guard Mike Conley. The inclination to keep Conley, the No. 4 overall pick in the 2007 draft, was characterized Tuesday by those familiar with the discussions as an organizational decision -- meaning ownership, management and the coaching staff are opposed to a deal that would send Conley as part of a package to the Miami Heat in exchange for the presumed right to draft forward Michael Beasley of Kansas State at No. 2. Memphis Commercial Appeal

The Griz and Heat have talked for weeks about possibly swapping first-round picks. Reportedly, Miami originally sought a deal that would give them Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry and the Grizzlies' No. 5 pick. The Griz countered with a variation of that trade, only they prefer to substitute the No. 5 selection with their No. 28 pick. Memphis Commercial Appeal

Miami has expressed interest in moving Mark Blount and Marcus Banks. Memphis' longstanding preference has been to unload Brian Cardinal and the remainder of his contract. Memphis Commercial Appeal

Another report has the Grizzlies sending Conley, Miller and the No. 5 pick to Miami for Udonis Haslim, Cook and the No. 2 selection. Memphis Commercial Appeal

Mike Miller, a veteran whom the Griz may have to consider negotiating a contract extension, can be used as an asset to help the team advance its youth movement. Lowry is considered expendable given the Grizzlies' depth at point guard. Memphis Commercial Appeal

The question is whether the Suns want to trade - and can find a taker for - Leandro Barbosa or Boris Diaw in exchange for not only a pick, which could be on either side of No. 15, but a veteran player who can also make an immediate contribution. There has been a lot of smoke about the Suns pushing into the lottery, working deals with the Los Angeles Clippers (who may have a shot at Arizona guard Jerryd Bayless at No. 7, if rumors of his descent are to be believed), Charlotte (9), New Jersey (10) or Portland (13) by dangling Barbosa or Diaw. But with the picks a day away, there are no fires on any front. East Valley Tribune

Rumors that have bubbled to the surface - a Portland deal involving Martell Webster, Clippers talks that might bring Corey Maggette or a New Jersey swap for Phoenix product Richard Jefferson - have been waved off by sources. The same goes for any talks with former coach Mike D'Antoni and the Knicks involving the No. 6 pick. But the Suns feel there are quality players to be had later in the first round, where teams like Toronto (17), Washington (18) or New Jersey (21) might be willing to deal without costing the Suns a rotation player. East Valley Tribune

For example, if the Bulls select Rose, at least one of Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon or Larry Hughes figures to leave. Not so fast, Paxson warned outside the Berto Center on Tuesday. He promised to lay off any trades until the status of restricted free agents Gordon and Luol Deng are settled. "We need to take this kind of step-by-step now," Paxson said. "How those (negotiations) play out in large part will determine what we do after that." Arlington Heights Daily Herald

The Bulls can begin negotiating with Deng and Gordon on July 1. With the right to match an offer sheet from another team, the Bulls won't let either player leave for nothing in return. But the players could sign a one-year qualifying offer and become an unrestricted free agent next summer. Sign-and-trade deals are also possible. Paxson would prefer to get new contracts settled quickly, but it's common for restricted free agency to linger well into August. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

The Bulls are hoping to have a complete coaching staff in place by the end of the week. General manager John Paxson is planning to fill one spot with a former head coach to help guide first-timer Vinny Del Negro. Among the candidates are Del Harris, Paul Westphal, Bob Hill and Bernie Bickerstaff. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

Speculation continues about what the Sonics will do with their six picks and four trade exceptions ranging from $1.3 million to $3.3 million. The team also has two first-round picks and four total in the 2009 draft and two first-round choices in 2010. The Sonics have taken long looks at Arizona guard Jerryd Bayless, Stanford center Brook Lopez, USC guard O.J. Mayo and Indiana guard Eric Gordon. Each is a candidate for the fourth pick. Seattle Times

Presti declined to address a rumor that Seattle wants to draft Kansas State forward Michael Beasley and has offered a deal to Miami that would send forward Chris Wilcox and the No. 4 pick to the Heat for center Mark Blount and the No. 2 choice. Seattle Times

The Sonics GM also did not shoot down rumors about the team moving down to nab UCLA guard Russell Westbrook or Bruins forward Kevin Love. Seattle Times

Presti confirmed that he's engaged in trade dialogue, but said it's "highly unlikely" he'd deal Kevin Durant, last season's NBA Rookie of the Year. Conceivably, the same goes for Jeff Green, a first-team All-Rookie member. Everyone else is believed to be dangling in the trade winds. Seattle Times

That espn.com report that the Suns had talked to the Clippers about sending the No. 15 pick and Leandro Barbosa to Los Angeles in exchange for the No. 7 pick and Corey Maggette is being called completely false on both sides. There is nothing to the annual rumor of acquiring Richard Jefferson either. Arizona Republic

Talks with Portland about a Barbosa trade have continued with changing parts involved. Portland has agreed to buying New Orleans' No. 27 pick, according to espn.com, and that could play into the discussion now that Portland will have four picks in the top 36. Arizona Republic

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Elton Brand isn't a center and the last time Brand was healthy he wasn't a traditional post player.

I don't like small front courts.
A small front court would definitely hurt in the West with Portland, Phoenix, the Lakers, and Houston.

Did anyone just see the scroll across ESPN's Bottom Line saying Detroit is trying to get Baron Davis for Chauncey and Rasheed?
nerd.gif

Golden State would be flat out silly not to pull the trigger on that, if true...

Did anyone just see the scroll across ESPN's Bottom Line saying Detroit is trying to get Baron Davis for Chauncey and Rasheed?
nerd.gif

Golden State would be flat out silly not to pull the trigger on that, if true...

I just saw that and if joe dumars does that he's a moron, i mean a trade like this would make zeke look like the gm of the year

Originally Posted by overtime626

nerd.gif

I just saw that and if joe dumars does that he's a moron, i mean a trade like this would make zeke look like the gm of the year

[h1]Report: Pistons Looking To Deal For Baron[/h1]

[h3]More Pistons News[/h3]

Davis_Baron_gsw.jpg
The Pistons are reportedly looking todeal for Golden State point guard Baron Davis, according to The Detroit Free Press.

Davis is not expected to opt-out of his contract, meaning that he will play out the final year of his deal worth $17.8 million.

After getting the cold shoulder from the Nuggets regarding Carmelo Anthony, the Pistons are rumored to be focused on Davis currently.

Likely pieces in the deal would be Chauncey Billups, Rasheed Wallace, and Al Harrington.

Back
Top Bottom