Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by Ryda421

i don't want sasha to leave
frown.gif

me netither, but the lakers cant match that kind of dough. if this story is tree, then darewell sasha. u will be missed
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Originally Posted by Ryda421

i don't want sasha to leave
frown.gif

me netither, but the lakers cant match that kind of dough. if this story is tree, then darewell sasha. u will be missed
tired.gif

With no real chance at Artest anymore, Sasha possibly leaving and Gasol still playing the weak interior defense
laugh.gif
will the Lakers be able to win a title next season?
nerd.gif
I didn't think Sasha would be leaving so quickly.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

was just dropping my daughter off at her moms and I was listening to Scott Ferrell on Sirius and they were talkin about the rockets offering Vujacic a 5 yr $25 million deal anybody heard any rumors of that or a story or link or anything?

oh hell no! i hate vujacic

Sources: Warriors make offer to Brand after losing Davis

PRINT

COMMENTS 0
ut_sm.gif

WATCH THIS TOPIC

Posted: July 2, 2008

It has been known that the Golden State Warriors, reacting to the surprise opt-outof point guard Baron Davis and the even bigger surprise signing by the Los AngelesClippers, have tried to replace him with another point guard, Washington Wizards free agent Gilbert Arenas. But, despite Arenas' frequently professedlove for the Bay Area, multiple sources say it's likely that Arenas will head back to the Wizards with a near-max contract in hand.
[table][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]But here's what hasn't been known: Two sources report that the Warriors, flush with cap space now that they're not responsible forDavis' $17.8 million option, reached out with an offer to Clippers free-agent big man Elton Brand in an attempt to limit any potential PR damage from theloss of Davis. "Baron is very popular," one of the sources says, "and if they can't replace him with Gilbert, Elton is the next-bestoption."
On one hand, the loss of Davis creates a vast amount of cap space for Golden State and more flexibility to build on its young roster. On the other hand, capspace does not sell tickets, and the Warriors are lacking a point guard. Brand, one of the NBA's most personable players, would mitigate the loss of Davis.Further, coach Don Nelson might not be eager to preside over a rebuilding project in what is likely his final year as the team's coach, so the Warriorswould need to add veteran help.

Golden State would be a long shot to sign Brand, who has said he wants to remain a Clipper. One of Brand's goals in opting out of the final year of hiscontract -- besides the obvious goal of longer-term financial security -- was to help force the improvement of the Clippers' roster. With Davis on board,the Clippers have accomplished that, and Brand could sign a new contract with the Clippers quickly.

if maggette wants to go to a contender,he should look at dallas,orlando,or new orleans first...

he'll only be the 4th option in san antonio or boston whereas he could be apart of a potential "big three" with new orleans(where he could easilytake mo pete's starting spot),orlando(in need of a SG),and dallas (who will then need to move josh howard)

If Maggette goes to the Celtics, they will repeat. They would have 4 legitimate 20ppg scorers.

Originally Posted by Mw2889

If Maggette goes to the Celtics, they will repeat. They would have 4 legitimate 20ppg scorers.

Just because you have 4 legitimate scorers doesn't mean they will. They don't need scoring, they need to keep their defense, that's what'swon them the championship.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

PRINT

COMMENTS 0
ut_sm.gif

WATCH THIS TOPIC

It has been known that the Golden State Warriors, reacting to the surprise opt-out of point guard Baron Davis and the even bigger surprise signing by the Los Angeles Clippers, have tried to replace him with another point guard, Washington Wizards free agent Gilbert Arenas. But, despite Arenas' frequently professed love for the Bay Area, multiple sources say it's likely that Arenas will head back to the Wizards with a near-max contract in hand.
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]But here's what hasn't been known: Two sources report that the Warriors, flush with cap space now that they're not responsible for Davis' $17.8 million option, reached out with an offer to Clippers free-agent big man Elton Brand in an attempt to limit any potential PR damage from the loss of Davis. "Baron is very popular," one of the sources says, "and if they can't replace him with Gilbert, Elton is the next-best option."
On one hand, the loss of Davis creates a vast amount of cap space for Golden State and more flexibility to build on its young roster. On the other hand, cap space does not sell tickets, and the Warriors are lacking a point guard. Brand, one of the NBA's most personable players, would mitigate the loss of Davis. Further, coach Don Nelson might not be eager to preside over a rebuilding project in what is likely his final year as the team's coach, so the Warriors would need to add veteran help.

Golden State would be a long shot to sign Brand, who has said he wants to remain a Clipper. One of Brand's goals in opting out of the final year of his contract -- besides the obvious goal of longer-term financial security -- was to help force the improvement of the Clippers' roster. With Davis on board, the Clippers have accomplished that, and Brand could sign a new contract with the Clippers quickly.
Wow...I doubt brand leaves now. He wanted a big name to come and te clippers got him one.

Where does GS go from here if they can't sign brand? We know they will keep monta but IMO monta and jackson aren't enough to keep that team going.

Originally Posted by tupac003

PRINT

COMMENTS 0
ut_sm.gif

WATCH THIS TOPIC

It has been known that the Golden State Warriors, reacting to the surprise opt-out of point guard Baron Davis and the even bigger surprise signing by the Los Angeles Clippers, have tried to replace him with another point guard, Washington Wizards free agent Gilbert Arenas. But, despite Arenas' frequently professed love for the Bay Area, multiple sources say it's likely that Arenas will head back to the Wizards with a near-max contract in hand.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]But here's what hasn't been known: Two sources report that the Warriors, flush with cap space now that they're not responsible for Davis' $17.8 million option, reached out with an offer to Clippers free-agent big man Elton Brand in an attempt to limit any potential PR damage from the loss of Davis. "Baron is very popular," one of the sources says, "and if they can't replace him with Gilbert, Elton is the next-best option."
On one hand, the loss of Davis creates a vast amount of cap space for Golden State and more flexibility to build on its young roster. On the other hand, cap space does not sell tickets, and the Warriors are lacking a point guard. Brand, one of the NBA's most personable players, would mitigate the loss of Davis. Further, coach Don Nelson might not be eager to preside over a rebuilding project in what is likely his final year as the team's coach, so the Warriors would need to add veteran help.

Golden State would be a long shot to sign Brand, who has said he wants to remain a Clipper. One of Brand's goals in opting out of the final year of his contract -- besides the obvious goal of longer-term financial security -- was to help force the improvement of the Clippers' roster. With Davis on board, the Clippers have accomplished that, and Brand could sign a new contract with the Clippers quickly.
Wow...I doubt brand leaves now. He wanted a big name to come and te clippers got him one.

Where does GS go from here if they can't sign brand? We know they will keep monta but IMO monta and jackson aren't enough to keep that team going.

Well, they would have to rebuild. They already have a pretty good start on that, they would have to trade Jackson and Harrington for some young players anddraft picks.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I hope Maggette goes to Orlando, that's where he said he would like to play and he'd be a starter here. I live in Orlando so I'm a fan of the Magic and I'd love to see him come and play here again.

I won't blame him if he goes to either the Celtics or the Spurs, but he'd be passing up a starting spot and a chance to be a real option on an up and coming team.

I live in Orlando too, and before Dwight was Drafted , it was hard to find a Magic fan around here.

my question to you is, Bandwagoner or Real??
laugh.gif
Imma go ahead n saythe 1st
wink.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

PRINT

COMMENTS 0
ut_sm.gif

WATCH THIS TOPIC

[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]But here's what hasn't been known: Two sources report that the Warriors, flush with cap space now that they're not responsible for Davis' $17.8 million option, reached out with an offer to Clippers free-agent big man Elton Brand in an attempt to limit any potential PR damage from the loss of Davis. "Baron is very popular," one of the sources says, "and if they can't replace him with Gilbert, Elton is the next-best option."

I expect (and hope) the Warriors pursue Andre Iguodala and Josh Smith hard, even if it all may be in vain. It does not hurt to at least try, eventhough ATL and Philly with likely match any deal for them. Mullin definitely has to do something before the season starts...something to make people forgetabout Baron a little bit.
Also, the Warriors are shopping Al Harrington around the league.

I dont see maggette going to a team like the celtics where he wouldnt start. Just cant see it.

Josh Smith is going to meet with the Sixers to discuss a deal, but don't forget that the Hawks have the ability to match an offer.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Josh Smith is going to meet with the Sixers to discuss a deal, but don't forget that the Hawks have the ability to match an offer.
now this is the time the warriors should try to go after iggy. as i said earlier, it may be in vain, but do the sixers have the space for two hugecontracts? i know they have a lot of cap room..but i dunno.

I don't think Josh Smith will be pried away from ATL, and I think Iguodala is going to demand a TON of money (12-15/yr or so).

Originally Posted by NobleKane

I have a feeling Arenas will be a warrior when its all said and done...
that would be the best possible things that could happen to the Warriors. Mullin would semi-redeem this grand #%$+ up he did with Baron. I doubtArenas goes to the Warriors though

"Clippers r possible, GS is where i wanna b."
As soon as he sent that text, he probably called his agent and said cool Ill take 65 mill

Screw the Warriors,
laugh.gif

Maggette on the Spurs or Celtics
eyes.gif

The Celtics really believe they can split the MLE between Posey and Maggette.

Lowballin' like a *substitute*
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom