Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Brand is coming back to the Clippers. Winning is more important to Brand at age 29.

"We're opting out," Brand said. "It definitely doesn't mean I'm leaving the Clippers. We're trying to work it out. My intentionis to stay."

"Right now, it's just trying to solidify my future and work things out with the Clippers," Brand said. "I've got a lot of goingon."
nba_g_brand_davis_412.jpg

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Brand is coming back to the Clippers. Winning is more important to Brand at age 29.

"We're opting out," Brand said. "It definitely doesn't mean I'm leaving the Clippers. We're trying to work it out. My intention is to stay."

"Right now, it's just trying to solidify my future and work things out with the Clippers," Brand said. "I've got a lot of going on."
nba_g_brand_davis_412.jpg
Im not saying this is the same thing, or comparing the two at all......but thats exactly what Baron Davis said about the Warriors.

Brand opted out with the intention of providing the Clippers with enough cap space to sign a high-profile running mate for him. Davis certainly would qualify. But Miami is believed to be preparing a sign-and-trade offer for Brand, recognizing the need to supplement No. 2 overall pick Michael Beasley to appease superstar Dwyane Wade, who can become an unrestricted free agent in 2010.Newsday.com
I doubt this will happen. But I am just putting this out there.

Bartelstein said "a lot of people are interested" in his client. An NBA source said the Wizards are "very interested" in Posey, and could make an offer once their situation with marquee free agent Gilbert Arenas is settled. Other NBA sources said Cleveland and possibly the Clippers and New Orleans also could be interested. Posey was not available for comment.

I've always wanted Magz on the Celtics, but I dont see how he can turn down a long term deal from the Magic.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

^ What a joke!
laugh.gif

BTW props to the Clipper braintrust and Elton Brand for making everyone think he's leaving the Clips when inking Baron was the very reason why he will re-sign with the Clips
pimp.gif
yea because baron davis will make you a title contender right?

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by NobleKane

I have a feeling Arenas will be a warrior when its all said and done...
that would be the best possible things that could happen to the Warriors. Mullin would semi-redeem this grand #%$+ up he did with Baron. I doubt Arenas goes to the Warriors though

Hell no, it's not the "best possible thing that could happen to the Warriors". That offer was a "panic move" by Mullin. Arenasbetter not take it. I'm thinking of the Warriors' cap situation and we don't want to blow the majority of our cap space on one guy when we stillhave Monta and Andris to re-sign.

Gil is not about to leave 25 million on the table...especially given how big he is in the city and how much easier it is for him to shine on the East Coast. Hewon't get to be an All Star starter in the West and it's a lot easier to contend for a Finals slot in the East too

Paul Is On Tilt wrote:

that would be the best possible things that could happen to the Warriors. Mullin would semi-redeem this grand #%$+ up he did with Baron. I doubt Arenas goes to the Warriors though

Hell no, it's not the "best possible thing that could happen to the Warriors". That offer was a "panic move" by Mullin. Arenas better not take it. I'm thinking of the Warriors' cap situation and we don't want to blow the majority of our cap space on one guy when we still have Monta and Andris to re-sign.

well, maybe not BEST POSSIBLE situation. but I think it would soften the blow of losing Baron for nothing

Arenas
Monta
Jack
Al
Biedrins

EDIT: or

Monta
Jack
Al
BRAND
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Biedrins

roll.gif
if the Warriors get Brand. this is getting entertaining

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Hell no, it's not the "best possible thing that could happen to the Warriors". That offer was a "panic move" by Mullin. Arenas better not take it. I'm thinking of the Warriors' cap situation and we don't want to blow the majority of our cap space on one guy when we still have Monta and Andris to re-sign.
well, maybe not BEST POSSIBLE situation. but I think it would soften the blow of losing Baron for nothing

Arenas
Monta
Jack
Al
Biedrins

You say "softening the blow" and I say "panic mode". It was reported that 30 minutes into free agency, Mullin gave Arenas a "flurryof phone calls". I don't know how much of that is true or not but yeah. Point is, Mullin trying to get Arenas for 5/$101 mil is just putting a bandaid on the situation... like a cover up... but eventually, it's going to get worse. Like I said earlier, that's not the type of contract we want. Pluseveryone knows he's coming off a knee injury so it's still risky.

*edit*

Oh, and I'm 90% sure that Harrington won't be our starting PF next season.

Diop is coming back to Dallas... This damn well better not be for the full mid-level...

Arenas is great, but I don't want to throw the money we have at him. Mullin is definitely doing a panic move there. Same with the Elton Brand thing. I wantthe WArriors to go after Josh Smith even though it may be in vain. Or even Iguodala. It's not likely at ALL, but if we're going to throw that kind ofmoney around, we should add someone who can definitely be a nice part of this young core-and the best part, Smith and Iggy can play good defense.

Only consolation is that if we are going after Brand and he does sign with the Clippers anyway, the Warriors should offer him the max. Force the Clippers hand to offer Brand even more money, so it ruins their cap situationtoo... like it's going to do for the Wizards
laugh.gif

Mullin FTW
laugh.gif
!

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

They can't keep Thad Young at the 4 for too long...which is why I think they wanted Josh Smith and Antawn Jamison so much.

You see Josh as a legit 4 ???
Maybe not a legit 4, but that's the way the league is heading. Marion's a PF now, Stephen Jackson, Matt Barnes, Mickael Pietrus played PFfor the Warriors, Hedo or Rashard is playing PF... I'm probably missing a few, but yeah, the league is heading into the style of PFs.

^ What a joke!
laugh.gif

BTW props to the Clipper braintrust and Elton Brand for making everyone think he's leaving the Clips when inking Baron was the very reason why he will re-sign with the Clips
pimp.gif

We're not done making offseason moves to talk about being on contender status but at age 29 B-Diddy puts us in the postseason for the next few yearsfasho!
pimp.gif

mjshoefanatic wrote:

^ What a joke!
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

We're not done making offseason moves to talk about being on contender status but at age 29 B-Diddy puts us in the postseason for the next few years fasho!
pimp.gif

only if he stays healthy
wink.gif
. same with brand

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Why is Mullin going after Brand?

He doesn't really fit their style of offense

Life after Nellie, my friend... Life after Nellie.

It's Nellie's last year coaching. We have to think ahead... it's be foolish to only sign players that fit our system today, when we know nextyear there's going to be a new coach.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Diop is coming back to Dallas... This damn well better not be for the full mid-level...

It is;

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3471169

sick.gif

I like Diop, but not at that price.

Guess you guys are going to have to roll the dice with Eddie Jones and Gerald Green. No Maggette.

And life after Nelly is good in theory, but the Warriors have way too many bigs.

Might as well throw that sort of money towards Josh Smith, and then use SJax as trade bait.

Back
Top Bottom