Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

The Knicks... damn it man.

Can this franchise do anything right?

The Rooster and now Duhon.

I guess Walsh/D'Antoni have a plan.

I'd love to know what it is.

Like I said in the Knicks post.

It means the end of Steph...which is good.

And now, do you want Nate to start? I don't, he's best off the bench as a spark.

Duhon is someone who will be accountable and play D, and won't chuck.

He's a nice addition...nobody is saving this team. Not the draft pick at 6, not anyone for the MLE...

I don't see how it isn't a step in the right direction. Need to start over right? For that, you need new blood...

Duhon to the Knicks is a great addition to the team. Especially since he is a pass first PG, instead of the one we have now. He should fit very well intoD'Antoni's system. Besides, he has a pretty good contract, and we don't hurt our cap.

As for Maggette going to the Spurs, I don't think the Spurs should pick him up. They need to wait a year, and pick up Ron Artest. Bruce Bowen isn'tgetting any younger, and Artest would be the perfect replacement.

You guys make good points.

I guess I'm in the minority in thinking that Steph is more than capable of running the point.

Under a new regime and in the final year of his contract, he was likely to play up to his potential.

I also don't think he should get bought out and basically be "rewarded" by signing with a contender like Boston (same division).

I would never start Nate Robinson at the 1. I would trust Duhon 100 times out of 100 over Robinson @ the point. Do you all think that D'Antoni seessomething in Duhon running his offense the same way that he did with Nash a few years back in PHX? I am in no way saying Duhon is going to replicate what Nashdid, but D'Antoni must have seen something (or lack there of on the current roster) in order for him to go out and get Duhon. Is he the type of player whocan push the ball up and down the court? He's a horrid shooter, so this could be something like Howard Eisley 2.0

he was likely to play up to his potential.
Even if he did, I would still be against him playing on this team.

Cause say he does...then what, re sign him? No way...but then you can't deal him either. It'd be a lose, lose.

Best to cut the ties now.

And nowadays him off the court is a distraction anyway.

As much as I want a good team again, I want a class organization and some character guys. Steph is not that.

D'Antoni must have seen something
4:1 assist/TO ratio aint bad.

I just think this team needs a solid player at that spot...no head cases or guys you don't know what you'll get week to week with.

Well, I'm glad the Mavericks aren't the only ones doing strange things with their MLE.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by WILLINC

the only guy i would take back for monta is wade. heat fans would you do that trade?
hell no

ill do marion for monta and pietrus

DO it Pat

i wouldnt even do that.

why the hell would the heat trade wade for monta?

wade is a top 15 NBA player and monta is not even top 30.
it would be based on monta ellis upside....

he has the potential to be a top 20 player in the near future... a poor man iverson...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Well, I'm glad the Mavericks aren't the only ones doing strange things with their MLE.
laugh.gif

Yeah, but when you're in the same breath as the Knicks...
grin.gif

Word is the Mavs are trying to work out some sort of sign and trade with the Nets so they can keep their full mid-level... We'll see how that worksout...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif

Yeah, but when you're in the same breath as the Knicks...
grin.gif

Word is the Mavs are trying to work out some sort of sign and trade with the Nets so they can keep their full mid-level... We'll see how that works out...

Yeah, I've heard the same thing, but whether it will go down or not is a whole other story. I'll pray to God we can work something out, get roomfor guys like Barnes or Pietrus, and getting rid of guys like Stack/EJ/George.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by tupac003

An NBA source said the Celtics surprisingly worked out Blazers free agent small forward Darius Miles yesterday and he had an impressive workout. Miles missed last season while recovering from knee surgery. Boston Globe
pimp.gif

I remember when I was a D.Miles fan.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MoneyStackz

Some of yall Warriors fans be hyping up Wright too much. I dont see nothing too special that you would focus on him being part of the rebuilding/future process. Now Monta is a different thing...But hes a SG!

You're exactly right.! Wright's a bum. He's nothing. He'll never be anything. And who does that bum Ellis think he is? He ain' no PG,he's a straight up SG. These darn Warrior fans, man
smh.gif

Duhon's uncle stays at one of the facilities I work at, I'm bout to see if he can get Duhon to send us some money.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

If u read anything yall type it would make it seen like if wright got more PT yall was a LOCK to be in the playoffs. that=hyping the hell out of someone. and one laker fan picked bynum over howard, for a GSW fan who hates when people group yall into one yall sure do it alot for laker fans
eyes.gif

My thought EXACTLY...

Dont act like I'm here tryna start something and speak outta my *+%. But you gotta recognize that some of yall Warriors "fans" say that Wright should be one of your cornerstones for the franchise. Saying that ya'll wouldnt give up Wright for a better veteran player. Read back all the pages and tell me I'm wrong.

To me, he is NOTHING SPECIAL. Your regular tall, lanky, athletic, soft player who can't bang inside, doesn't have a shot and only opportunity to get points is to dunk

He is a lotto pick. You have to give him some time to prove himself to either be good or suck....if it's your opinion that he sucks and won't be a good players, that's your opinion and that's fine. but the warriors traded away a franchise player for him (and cap space) so they'll have to try to develop him and see what he turns into. like JA said, if he's good, great. if he sucks, then he's a bust.
if you say he sucks after one season that really isn't fair to him at all.
And NO, I am not a Warriors hater. I just hate how some of yall GSW fans are going hardcore with your team, when you never cared about the team until 2 years ago, when Baron and Nellie got on the team.
tired.gif
not this again. seriously, stop it. that's why it's not worth it for us warrior fans to talk about our team outside of the offseason thread. you guys are ridiculous sometimes.

But seriously, you have to admit that 55% of your fellow GSW fans never really cared or showed up until 2 years ago..

Where are you getting this "55%"? Please tell me. Don't tell me that this "55%" just appeared out of thin air.

Damn, it's damn near impossible to hold a serious discussion on NT. That's why I respect folks like SoHi, JapanAir, and franchise3 becausethey can come in and say their opinions without sounding like a jerk. Granted they reside in the bay area and here the news that us Warrior fans hear, butthat's beyond the point. Only reason why I mentioned they reside in the bay area is because I think it'll be mentioned and then be turned againstme/Warrior fans somehow so I'll mention it now. Point is, they are bigger fans of other teams... teams like Lakers, Mavericks, and Rockets and they haveability to be objective on the Warriors and not sound like a complete jerk when they express their opinions.

You on the other hand, come out of no where and just bash on the Warriors and their fans. But that's ok, because you're entitled to your opinion andwe're entitled to ours, but please stop coming off like a jerk and a no-it-all when you're speaking on something or be prepared for more people toignore you. You don't even have valid points in your flawed argument.

Agent: Heat Interested In Dooling

Jul 04, 2008 8:41 AM EST

The Heat have expressed strong interest in free agent point guard Keyon Dooling, according to a report in The Miami Herald.

Agent Rob Pelinka said Thursday that the team has "expressed great interest" in Dooling, who spent last season with the Orlando Magic.

Miami hopes to acquire a point guard either through trade or with part of its mid-level exception.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Duhon signed with the knicks for the full MLE
sick.gif

2 years 12 million

roll.gif
roll.gif
Since it's 2 years, I really don't see whats so funny.

Enlighten me.

and Lee and Marbury, no it isn't enough probably. But not close....some of yall overrate Ellis

Good luck having your 'cornerstone' being 1 dimensional.

for starters, your paying Chris Duhon 6 million a year. I dont really know what else to say. And at least the warriors can say they have a'cornerstone'. Its pretty bad when your team plan is suck for three years and hope Lebron James comes to NY.

Again, it's 2 years.

That didn't just happen by chance, Walsh's plan is FA in 2010....so again, 6 mill a year isn't gona matter.

So, if anyone can tell me why spending 6 mill over the next TWO years, is gona hurt the Knicks...I'm all ears...

Fact is, I don't think anyone can...but just cause it's the Knicks...well....it has to be criticized and a dumb move, right?

If we offered less, he woulda went elsewhere. You gota pay what the market dictates. If it's your guy, which it appears Duhon was to Walsh andD'Antoni, you pay that money...and in this case it does not hurt their future plans.

I mean why sign a high character guy that might actually try to play defense and be a pass first point guard?

This rebuilding is not gona be done over night, it's baby steps....and getting rid of Marbury and bringing in a professional, is a good start.

And, My point is you can't build AROUND Ellis....and if anyone thinks they can, they are a fool.

didnt the raptors want to sign Duhon last year? and they run the same system as D'Antoni well try to atleast. LOL

2 years for 6 million isnt bad. there are far worst contracts out there for bigger bums. Duhon is a good PG when he is not ask to carry a offense

That Duhon deal is a bit laughable, but thats how it is when there is not many options in the FA pool for pg's. PLus, I think it's a decent signing asthe knicks need to to start getting guys who are professional and can buy into a team concept.

Back
Top Bottom