Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

so no possibly no PJ (who saved them from the lebrons) and possible no posey for the celtics as well
pimp.gif

knightngale, Mark Barelstein (the same numb-nuts that has Devean George's contract) said that the Celtics offered an unacceptable offer from the Celtics,so it looks like Posey is gone for good from the C's.

laugh.gif
@ those Duhon pics. I hope the heat never sign him, dude will neverleave south beach

&blockquote>knightngale wrote:
so no possibly no PJ (who saved them from the lebrons) and possible no posey for the celtics as well
pimp.gif

damn shippy I hope the Cs don't get these 2 back!!!

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

I actually like Duhon as a player but he was a total d-bag when I played with him once. This douche rolls up to the god dang Loyola Marymount open gym, chock full of nobody's and kids who were average at best in high school, guys like me. So instead of playing to our level at least somewhat, enough to still be the best player on the court by far, he decides to take the "IM FAMOUS LOOK AT ME" route and start jacking up 3's just inside half court at a outstanding rate of 30%, turning the entire goddamn night into some sick spectacle instead of competitive basketball. What a f*****. Hey homeboy, we know you're in the NBA, cut the BS and either don't try or murder everyone here. Don't go 1/2 a** and start jacking up every Meadowlark Lemon trick, unsuccessfuly, just because your dopey lookin a** has enough ego to still attempt to prove to everyone how famous you are but not enough energy to do it legitimately.

Yes I'm mad. I take basketball and all things concerning basketball very seriously
smile.gif
roll.gif
pull ya skirt down B...sound like its time to move on

Wow... didn't even think of the Cavs as a possible destination for Steph.
eek.gif

smh.gif

Knicks would be dumb to do that trade unless Wally's contract is expiring this year as well.

Yeah, Wally's contract is up. I think it's at $13.75 mil. But Marbury's contract's up at the end of this year too at $20.8 mil. Not really surewhy/how this would happen other than Cleveland panicking to add pieces to the team to make LeBron think they're trying
laugh.gif

Bron said last season that Steph is not the kind of player he would want on his team....don't see it happening.

I can definitely see Starbury on the Celts though. With all of that star power and vocal leadership he would hae to play his role and finally but that amazingbasketball talent to good use.

Derrick Rose participated in the night practice of Saturday's double sessions for Bulls' summer-league mini-camp despite battling tendinitis in his right knee. The No. 1 pick limped noticeably following the morning practice, his knee wrapped in ice, but vowed not to miss games at the Orlando Pro Summer League beginning Monday. "I've been coming 90 minutes early every day to get treatment," Rose said. "I'll be fine." Chicago Tribune

When free agency began, the Detroit Pistons had no intentions of using their full mid-level exception for one player. But the Pistons might have a change of heart, especially if they have a chance to land a player such as Corey Maggette. Maggette, a 6-foot-6 swingman, has made it clear he's willing to consider accepting the mid-level exception, which is expected to be worth about $5.8 million. Booth Newspapers

James Posey became a free agent with a forthright goal: to start his next contract at a mid-level figure of approximately $5.8 million and extend it for four or five seasons. He wants this to be the last contract of his career. Should Posey call Adam Vinatieri for a reality check? Is Lawyer Milloy textable? The Celtics' offer reportedly has come up short of Posey's demands in both money and length. Though he doesn't discuss these matters, Danny Ainge reportedly was ready to cut his losses and avoid spending too much on a proven contributor to a championship, even before free agency began. Boston Herald

The idea of paying the full mid-level exception to Posey reportedly made the Celtics director of basketball operations squeamish. Ainge, who tends to fall in love with scorers, instead might want to spend that money on a proven numbers guy like Clippers swingman Corey Maggette. Boston Herald

Last week, the Lakers made one-year qualifying offers to Vujacic for $2.6 million and Turiaf for $1 million, though both players are seeking longer-term deals worth more money. The Lakers paid almost $5 million in luxury taxes last season and currently have a payroll of $75.1 million for 10 players with guaranteed contracts next season, already putting them on pace to pay more luxury taxes next season. The Lakers are interested in retaining Vujacic but have not offered him more than $5 million a season.
The Lakers are also hoping to sign Sun Yue,
a second-round pick from last year who will play on the Chinese national team this summer. The Lakers are somewhat interested in bringing back unrestricted free-agent center DJ Mbenga at a low cost. Unrestricted free agent Ira Newble will not return. LA Times

The Lakers must also determine over the next few months whether to exercise a one-year, $712,000 team option on Coby Karl. LA Times

Elton Brand basically told the Clippers that if they brought in Davis, he would stay. There was even thought that he would agree to a maximum-under-salary-cap $70-million contract on the same day Davis agreed. But then the Warriors -- who have about as much use for Elton Brand as the Bay Area has for sunscreen -- offered $90 million. And now Brand is stalling. I would never begrudge an athlete leaving town to make more money. But in this case, Brand would be breaking his word to make more money. LA Times

The uninformed will buy into Marbury's claim that "this will be my year." Here's another newsflash: He's been saying that for the past five years. Maybe things will be better for Marbury in the 2008-09 season but it just won't happen in New York. Walsh and D'Antoni need to rebuild the roster and improve the chemistry in the locker room. Removing Marbury accomplishes both goals. We know, we know. Duhon is no Marbury. And that's what we like about him already. NY Daily News

Michael Beasley resumed contact drills with the Miami Heat summer league team Saturday afternoon, his first regular basketball activity since slightly cracking his sternum three days earlier. AP/Toronto Sun

For the time being, the newly acquired small forward of the Milwaukee Bucks, Richard Jefferson, has not spoken publicly about being traded away from the New Jersey Nets, a team he has been with for seven seasons. The lone report about what Jefferson thought of the deal comes to us from Nets general manager Rod Thorn, who said Jefferson's agent told him his client was not happy about leaving the Nets. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

With Manu Ginobili hampered by a left ankle injury that could keep him out of the Olympics for Argentina, the Spurs' star trio of Ginobili, Tim Duncan, and Tony Parker wasn't at full strength and fell shy of repeating. Assuming they are healthy next season, the Spurs very well could return to the Finals. "I hope we can come back with a healthy group," Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said. "[The Ginobili injury] hurt us significantly. How good would the Celtics or Lakers have been if one of their three best players were injured? The teams that win championships have their best players playing when it matters the most, not to take away anything from the Lakers or Celtics." Boston Globe

If an MRI expected to be taken soon doesn't show improvement in Ginobili's ankle, expect the Spurs to ask him not to play in the Olympics, even though he will be Argentina's flag bearer during the opening ceremonies. And considering that Spurs coach Gregg Popovich is a former USA Basketball assistant who loves the international game, Ginobili would have to be in bad shape for the Spurs to suggest he sit. Boston Globe

San Antonio is interested in re-signing Thomas and Finley, but also has interest in Clippers free agent forward Corey Maggette and Nuggets free agent guard J.R. Smith. Dynamo Moscow center Robertas Javtokas, drafted by the Spurs in 2001, could move to the NBA next season. Expect the Spurs to give 21-year-old center Ian Mahinmi a chance to prove himself next preseason. And rookie George Hill is expected to back up Parker. The Spurs have won all four times they have reached the Finals but have never repeated. And since 2003, San Antonio has reached the Finals every other year. If the Spurs are healthy, it is very possible that trend will continue in 2009. Boston Globe

Eric Gordon's goals as a rookie? "Of course, anybody would want to be on the All-Rookie team," he said. "It's all about what happens on the court with your team. I would like to go to the playoffs and hopefully go to the Finals." The biggest question is whether Gordon will be a point guard or shooting guard in the NBA. The Celtics had a similar situation after drafting Chauncey Billups No. 3 in 1997. Expect the Clippers to have a lot more patience than the Celtics did. Boston Globe

Heat star Dwyane Wade wishes James Posey never left Miami after he helped the Heat win a championship in 2006. While Posey is getting a lot of interest in free agency, with Boston also showing interest in Clippers free agent forward Corey Maggette, Wade would be surprised if Posey doesn't return to the Celtics. Boston Globe

Both Luol Deng and Ben Gordon are planning to play for the Great Britain team, which has six qualifying games scheduled between Sept. 3 and 20. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

Raanan Katz, one of Maccabi's owners, didn't hide his dissatisfaction with Will Bynum this past season and even told the press he opposed he bringing him in the first place. Despite the agreement with Bologna, Bynum still hasn't given up his NBA dream, and he plans to join the Detroit Pistons' summer camp. Haaretz

Originally Posted by tupac003

Elton Brand basically told the Clippers that if they brought in Davis, he would stay. There was even thought that he would agree to a maximum-under-salary-cap $70-million contract on the same day Davis agreed. But then the Warriors -- who have about as much use for Elton Brand as the Bay Area has for sunscreen -- offered $90 million. And now Brand is stalling. I would never begrudge an athlete leaving town to make more money. But in this case, Brand would be breaking his word to make more money. LA Times

grin.gif
laugh.gif

Duhon is no Marbury. And that's what we like about him already.
laugh.gif

But yo, who would have thought that Corey Maggette's name would be bandied about as often as it has this off-season?

And one last
tired.gif
for RJ getting shipped out of NJ.

JR Smith on the Spurs would be a good fit for them

All he has to do is spot up all day,
laugh.gif

except he doesn't play defense,
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom